1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

As I randomly searched through my Friend Safari in X version while trying to fill my Dex, I stumbled upon a Shiny Teddiursa. I caught it in a Quick Ball and placed it in Bank with my other Gen 6 Shinies: This marks my fifth Friend Safari Shiny in general. I'm gonna hatch Larvitar eggs for my MM hunt next. Good luck to others.

2. AllSeeingEye

AllSeeingEye Member

I got A Shiny Ninetales. no other shinies exist on mhy cart though, *sigh*

3. TheShinyLunatone

TheShinyLunatone VAMPIRE LORDS!

congrats on all recent shinies.

wrangled up a ditto claims to be 31IV.... can't check if its legot but it is japanese so i've resumed an old hunt. a mystery hunt I never finished, i've hatched 120 more eggs, which including the old hunt before it was stolen (RIP) brings the total to 1321. but we'll just count the 120 so far :)

4. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a new shiny since the last time I posted getting a new shiny!

So I was thinking about hunting Phantump/Trevenant for Halloween this year. Last year I hunted Pumpkaboo and Darkrai, neither of which were obtained in October or on Halloween. Anyway, I had gone into a Ghost type Friend Safari To look for a female Phantump with Harvest. I found a few and caught them all with different natures that Trevenant can use (Careful, Sassy, Impish, etc.). However I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to MM it, especially with a nice Trevenant horde on Route 20. I was very unsure of how I should hunt it. So today (last night. It's 12:30am right now here), after work, I decided to do some Horde encounters on Route 20 to see if I preferred hunting the haunted tree this way. After a half hour and still unsure of how I wanted to hunt this target...
    [IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/20151019_232223_zpsqanq1cfi.jpg[/IMG139]
    A spooky autumn birch tree appeared! It seemed I had no choice in the matter and the haunted tree decided to appear quickly. The battle took a while because I refused to send out my burning falcon for fear of it's ability activating on the sparkly haunted plant. Instead I sent out my honey comb bee to take out the other normal Trevenant. Though my Combee was double the level of the hoard of haunted trees it couldn't take them out in one fell swoop. At most each Trevenant took three hits to KO two at the least. It did however occur to me that I could use the tree's natural bulk to my advantage with lowering the autumn one's health down. But no, I wasn't going to leave the chance for the game's RNG to crit the beautiful birch and KO it. Once the normal Trevenant were gone I simply threw a Luxury Ball... Click... and it was caught. I had brought along the Abra I was using to look for Harvest Phantumps and it's Synchronise worked! The autumn Trevenant was Careful with IVs of 31/10/11/10/23/8. More pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Sparkles, Pokemon-Amie and Video. No video yet since It's kind of late and I need to go to bed. I'll upload the video tomorrow. Now I need to think of what else to hunt for Halloween...

Edit: Well I need to think of something ELSE to hunt for Halloween again.

So After getting a quick shiny in the form of a spooky tree I decided to Masuda Method one of my favorite gen 5 Pokemon, Chandelure. So I caught a couple of nice Lampents in the Friend Safari with Infiltrator. I then found a couple of nice Litwicks with egg moves and started hatching eggs until I had a nice male Litwick with egg moves. I then put the male Litwick in the daycare with the Timid Infiltrator Lampent and started hatching eggs until I got a female Infiltrator Litwick who would then be bred with my japanese Ditto for High IVs and shininess. After a few batches of egg I finally hatched one.... and then accidentally released it. So I grabbed another batch of egg and started hatching for another female Infiltrator Litwick. The last egg of this batch not only held the Litwick I was looking for but something more special...
    [IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/20151020_154748_zpss4ey0tcg.jpg[/IMG139]
    A blue flamed, green-eyed candle! COMPLETELY random without Masuda Method! Both parents that created that egg had MY OT/ID! I never had a random shiny from an egg, without one of the parents being foreign, so it's quite a surprise! She didn't end up with her hidden ability but that's perfectly fine since Flash Fire is just as good. She even ended up with some decent IVs too for being random 3/29/20/23/31/15. More pictures OT/ID, Summary, Sparkles, Pokemon-Amie and Video.

Good luck to everyone, especially those with stubborn targets!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  5. pkmnbrawler123

pkmnbrawler123 <--- newest shiny :D

Currently working on getting a living national dex just to easily transfer pokemon between games via the bank to get the shiny charm on multiple games. Since my last post which was October 5th when I randomly found a gloom I have been shiny hunting almost everyday and aim at getting 31 shinies at least in October and at least one a day since then for the forseeable future. Since the last post I have found 6 in the friend safari, 3 chain fishing, 3 using the dexnav, 3 in hordes, a shiny Torchic from soft resetting in Sapphire, and a shiny kabuto from resetting fossils for a total of 17 shinies in 15 days. Spoiler for specifics if interested, sorry no pics just been going hard at it and sending them straight to the bank, may pursue a shiny living dex sometime now that the odds are so much lower.

ELECTABUZZ: 72 friend safari 10/6
    GOLURK: 162 friend safari 10/6
    SHUPPET: 419 friend safari 10/7
    SHUPPET:666 friend safari 10/9
    LUVDISC: 121 chain fish 10/10
    SKRELP: 9 chain fish 10/12
    BRAIXEN: 688 friend safari 10/13
    WAILMER: 74 chain fish 10/15
    ZORUA: 627 dexnav 10/15
    NUMEL: 194 horde 10/15
    KABUTO: 1281 fossils 10/15
    TORCHIC: 3610 soft resets 10/16
    PANSAGE: 679 friend safari 10/16
    BAGON: 47 horde 10/16
    RELICANTH: 81 dexnav 10/17
    CORSOLA: 180 dexnav 10/19
    ZIGZAGOON 110 horde 10/19

6. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

Hey everyone, I'm here again with an new report and with full enjoyment this time ! (This surely makes up for the previous failures :) )
    My aim was manetric this time and after 83 eggs I got my shiny electrike ! and not just your standard electrike !

[img139]http://s28.postimg.org/cwje1hrvh/weg.jpg[/img139]

Ball: Quick Ball
    Abillity: Lightingrod
    IV's: 31/x/30/31/31/31 ( HP ICE !!! )

Straight to my VGC team it is :) man I'm so happy !

7. serpent222

serpent222 Well-Known Member

Congrats on all the latest shinies. So I decided to do a very leisurely soft reset hunt for Uxie today. After about 40 minutes, giving me a grand total of something just shy of 400 resets, I completed the shiny sprite trio.

[img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/Figure%20collection/1020151724c_zpsxcpitblt.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/serpent222/Figure%20collection/1020151727a_zpskathcxq3.jpg[/img139]

8. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

So I decided for my next hunt, I'd take a break from MM (Thanks for voting, btw. Next MM will be Cherubi when I return to it) and decided to do a little something with this I got last night.
    [img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnkOPAWoAEksPw.jpg[/img139]

So I've started my Rayray hunt and I did 600 SRs tonight. Hoping for a quick hunt!

Congrats on recent shinies, and good luck to those who need it, especially RaichuArcanine, Nakashima, Razorbadger and the rest! :)

9. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I had a feeling this was going to happen... After 729 REs into the second leh of the ground safari hunt, diggersby shines. He's lax and capable of taking hits, with Huge Power. He's my third shiny diggersby overall, so I'm going to trade him off.

Unown ?/! are at 8,700 REs. Rotom is at 420 eggs

10. Thibideau

Thibideau Beautiful Midnight

Congrats go to Cyberra on Slowpoke and obtaining the Shiny charm(Always a huge milestone), serpent222 on Zigzagoon, Corphish, Uxie and Mesprit, Lorde on Teddiursa, AllSeeingEye on Ninetales, TheShinyLunatone on finding a 6IV Jap Ditto, Ampharos_Spark on Trevenant and Litwick, pkmnbrawler123 on your haul, Azulart on Electrike, and anyone else I may have missed.

I had a pretty lucky day today. I was only at 224 eggs when this showed up.

[IMG139]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/trepie4/1df6a8b6-3538-4a55-92a8-07d9cb6b5119_zpstebexkja.jpg[/IMG139]

I wasn't expecting Petilil to show up so quick and I really didn't think I would even notice since the change is slight, just a lighter colour. Missing a perfect IV in Special Defense but otherwise turned out great. So since that happened so quick I moved on to Froakie who is next on my list. I already had a 5IV Timid Protean Froakie that I received in a trade last year so I started breeding it with my Japanese Ditto looking for a 6IV Protean Froakie to MM with. And the first Froakie to come along with a perfect spread also ends up being a slightly different colour XP

[IMG139]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv30/trepie4/02d9f1b8-f2a6-49a0-9d27-a18a372f8416_zpsew1syowr.jpg[/IMG139]

It even ended up with Protean to boot so that was by far one of the quickest and best outcomes imaginable. So with those two both out of the way now I only have 4 more Shiny Pokemon to MM for before I have my goal of 30 MM'd Pokemon. Next up is Electrike. There's no egg moves I really want so it's just a matter of finding time to hatch over the next couple of days since I'm going to be fairly busy.

Anyways Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Oh and hopefully my pictures work, please tell me if they're not.

11. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Oh geez i got another shiny pawniard in safari. I want sneanel xD

Ah well. Birthday pressie

12. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

CH completion has been updated :)

Sigh, I suddenly got so busy I couldn't even go online until today. Anyway, you all can start PM-ing me ideas for the November CH, the voting will start on the 23rd :D

Happy Birthday :)

nope, dual types also counts, as long as it has the required type.

FINALLY

Even I was annoyed seeing how long it took for that Regigigas to shine xD

Congrats :)

For this one, I think you shouldn't have put it behind a spoiler tag ;)

Everyone should read it xD

13. Aesnath

Aesnath But Nothing Happened

Hello again, everyone! I’m happy to need to post here again!

Congrats to the successful (serpent222, SkyMew, Draknir, Crimson Penguin, Cyberra (nice Regi, btw), Tsukuyomi56, Laurelai, TheMaster327, PrismaticPrincessAnna (but that watchog hurts!), Louise955, Phillies, MultiDarkShadow777, Thibideau, Lorde (that shiny teddiursa can be really helpful for horde hunting!), AllSeeingEye, Ampharos_Spark, pkmnbrawler123, Azulart) and good luck to those still searching (Cpchris, Keane, Mega Altaria, TheShinyLunatone (I always found fishing to be hard too) ).

After a particularly long and grueling hunt, I finally saw a yellow landorous. He was adamant, but missed his attack IV, oh well. The game decided to make up for some of the good luck I’ve had over the course of SRing as it took me about 5280 SRs to find him—and this is with the shiny charm on Alpha Sapphire.

Rather than starting on the Regis, I think I’m going to double down on Groudon on SS. Anyone know which Johoto ball is better for catching him, heavy or level (assuming a level 100 opposing)? Any idea it would take on average, assuming 1hp and sleep? Thanks in advance!

14. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Congrats on your Landorus! Now, the catch rate is quadrupled with a level ball (because double the level but less than four times the level = x4 multiplier), and this amounts to a catch rate of 39 when adhering to the conditions you'll have it under (1 HP and asleep). Now, mind my maths as it is rusty, but...when using a Heavy Ball, the catch rate becomes a whopping 89. A Heavy Ball is better, here. If someone else can confirm that my numbers are correct...then the Heavy Ball wins :p

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Pok.C3.A9_Ball_effectiveness_rates <- used the Gen III/IV catch rate formula here

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Congrats to all recent shinies

During my holiday in Spain and trip back home, I've been busy with a Masuda hunt for a shiny Misdreavus.

Soon after collecting up to 10 boxes of eggs on October 16th, 2 shiny Misdreavus popped up. The first one hatched from egg #55 which was a male which I named Banshee. Timid nature with 3 perfect IV's ( 31/31/X/X/31/X). From the same box as Banshee, a second shiny Misdreavus hatched from egg #38. This one was a female which I named Xena which also has 3 perfect IV's (31/X/31/X/31/X).

I wasn't really happy with that stat distribution because I wanted to have perfect IV's in Special Attack and Speed so I continued hatching the remaining eggs but no results from those. Luckily I managed to find a 6 perfect IV'd normal Misdreavus and switched the parents before collecting more eggs. Today, from egg #610, a third shiny Misdreavus finally hatched. It's a female which I nicknamed Fantasma (Spanish for ghost) with Timid nature and 5 perfect IV's (31/X/31/31/31/31). Now these were stats I was happy with. Still have quite some eggs to hatch.

Good luck to all future shinies =D

16. Draknir

Draknir Fear the Deer

Congrats to Crimson Penguin, Cyberra, Tsukuyomi56, Laurelai, TheMaster327, PrismaticPrincessAnna, Louise955, Phillies, MultiDarkShadow777, Thibideau, Lorde, AllSeeingEye, Ampharos_Spark, pkmnbrawler123, Azulart, Aesnath, and Paraqua!

After getting my Zigzagoon, I went Route 103 as I said I would. After 374 Hordes, a Shiny Poochyena appeared! So, Community Hunt Complete! Oh, and technically this is a reclaim, since I got an uncatchable one like two years ago. I'm not really thinking of it as one though.

17. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Well, that took no time at all.

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR4RFdUWwAAnFB0.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR4RFb3W0AQev09.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR4RFcxWwAAOOBe.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR4RFYRXAAA4mqF.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Rayquaqua :) It's TIMID, despite me having a Modest Sync, so that's like 2nd prize. Battle was a struggle, as it got an Ancient Power boost and starting creaming my team and killing itself with Outrage confusion, but I snagged it in a Dusk Ball from about 1/3 health! I'll edit this post with IVs shortly!

EDIT: Rayquaza IVs: 10, 11 / 6, 7 / 4, 5 / 1 / 12 / 6, 7. Translation: Craptastic.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  18. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to Thibideau on Noibat, Cyberra on Slowpoke, serpent222 on Mesprit, pkmnbrawler123 on Kabuto and Torchic, Azulart on Electrike, serpent222 on Uxie, Thibideau on Petilil and Froakie, Aesnath on Landorus, Paraqua on the three Misdreavus, TheMaster327 on Rayquaza, and everyone else on your shinies!

Happy belated birthday, PrismaticPrincessAnna!

Thanks for the good luck, Aesnath :)

-----------

It’s like this: I realized I actually have a 20% chance to find a Budew at night (originally thought I wouldn’t encounter Budew in future hunts) while hunting Ralts, which makes my current hunt at Eterna Forest a bit pointless…Not wanting to start a repel trick before finding a non-repel trick shiny, I thought about other places I could hunt instead, one of which was Valley Windworks for Pachirisu…

After thinking about the other pokemon there and how I’d get them all and if I should repel trick right away or get the other pokemon there first, it lead me on a search for how best to target all these pokemon…And boy will it be a journey.

First, the only place to find Croagunk in 4th gen outside of SZ areas is Route 212 south, at 10%. I can do a slight repel trick which probably won’t help me much, and will likely result in a ton of Quagsire and Shellos, and maybe Buizel (the latter being something I could choose to make more likely while hunting Pachirisu). After that, I figure I should hunt at Route 213 for Chatot (best location for it), as there are also Buizel, Shellos, and Wingull there. That way, I know that if I still need another Wingull after finding a Chatot, I can finish that hunt off with a surf hunt at outside the Pokemon League. After that, I can finally make my way to Valley Windworks/Route 205 knowing whether or not I still need a Buizel while I hunt Pachirisu x.X

I’m assuming that unless I get lucky with hunt lengths and phases, it’ll take a solid year at the very least (Trying to get 2 Croagunk will be the biggest problem, followed by 20% Chatot…*Shivers thinking about 16 phase/136k RE hunt for 20% Growlithe*). Maybe I’ll integrate it into my mix of other hunts…

And after going through all that, I figured “What the hell, I’ll just finish this hunt at Eterna.” :D

And since deciding that, I’ve come up with another idea (which also eliminates the Budew chance from my Ralts hunt): I’ll hunt Ralts during the day, and Route 203 at night. That way I can avoid the 40% Bidoof/Bibarel of where I otherwise would have hunted Ralts at night, and I’ll have a chance at getting an Abra and Kricketot (along with my main targets from the area).

I’ve finished my 4th batch of Max Repels in Clay Tunnel…Not going to lie, sort of expected to have both Lairon by now x.X

I’ve also been working on training up some Aipom on Platinum (which luckily I had at least already bred ones with Pickup and had in the daycare for a while so two of them were Lv. 41). While the Aipom I have on HeartGold are used to get me Rare Candies, I need the Platinum ones to help get me Shiny Stones. As I’m anticipating finding a bunch of duplicate Roselia in the future, I’ll likely evolve a female one to Roserade regardless, as well as one with good stats, and coupled with my anti-shiny box, that means I’ll need 4 Shiny Stones…I figure it shouldn’t be too difficult – I’ll bring five Ambipom with me while I train something up and should hopefully get what I need eventually.

As for my hunts…Blech. Black 2 is at 21,900 REs, Platinum is at 4,100 REs, and HeartGold is at 14,200 REs. I was hoping maybe Platinum would give me a quick shiny after the 29k Bidoof I most recently found, but apparently not now that it’s already at half odds…

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, Razorbadger, and Nakashima)!

19. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

XD I am one very amused Cy right now...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/565_zpsdacatlqa.jpg[/img139]

I knew it would happen sooner or later... After 666 eggs I hatch my shiny rotom. He's timid and takes plenty of siestas, with Levitate. Gonna train him and change him into the various other forms, though I'll probably leave him as the standard form. He got his name by hatching from egg 666.

Community hunt complete x3!

Unown ?/! are at 9,200 REs.

What would be a good nature for a miltank?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  20. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

Congrats on Rotom. As for Miltank I'd say Jolly nature is the best for it.

Been awhile since I posted. Haven't done much shiny hunting at all lately but last night I found myself a new shiny. While looking in a Friend Safari for a shiny Braixen I came across a shiny Pyroar. It appeared extremely quickly, less than 10 REs since I started yesterday. She's female, with a Hardy nature and Rivalry for her ability. She has relatively superior potential overall with max IVs in defence, special attack and speed. I haven't come up with a nickname for her yet but I'll probably transfer her to OR and use her as a contest Pokemon, which is what I wanted a shiny Braixen for.

Congrats to everyone else on their new shinies and good luck to those still hunting :)