• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

SkyMew

Got my second Shiny Amaura in Pokémon Y today by hatching via Masuda method.

This time with Outstanding stats and 4IV in HP, Defense, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense.

I feel lucky.

taufik386

yestrday after got goomy in Y, i swap the game to X and continue my MM for phantump. after 294 eggs, i got the shiny.
careful nature, 5IV missing in speed, with natural cure ability (not lucky enough) :D

[IMG139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151104_084629_1_p_1-480x633.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

camhines4

Chained a shiny Primeape in Platinum. Lost the first chain on 37, much to my chagrin, but rebounded and got to 40 right after. Lotad, a target I've had for a while, is next.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Very sure I already said this yesterday, looks like I didn't ._.

Well, for this month's CH, there were some votes for all 4 options, however, currently the top spot is being held by 2 options, sharing the same amount of votes.

So I'm still waiting for a bit more votes, hopefully by the 5th tomorrow, we can start the CH.

The top 2 are:

November = Movember! For the guys!

My idea is to obtain shinies with moustaches or whiskers :D

Suggested list (and I have some evolved pokemon listed because they have really spectacular facial hair) :

Rattata
Meowth
Kadabra
Magikarp
Piloswine
Entei
Swalot
Barboach
Sealeo
Glameow
Stunky
Probopass (gotta love *this* 'stache!)
Dewott
Lillipup
Liepard
Bearartic
Meinfoo
Bunnelby

and

Hi, I had an idea for the November CH, since it's Thanksgiving, how about a shiny bird? Not flying types, just actual bird pokemon.

It would include the pidgey line, spearow and fearow, farfetch'd, doduo and dodrio, hoothoot and noctowl, natu and xatu, murkrow and honchkrow, skarmory, taillow and swellow, wingull and pelliper, swablu and altaria, the starly line, chatot, the pidove line, archen and archeops, ducklett and swanna, rufflet and braviary, vullaby and mandibuzz, delibird, psyduck and golduck, the torchic line, the piplup line, the legendary Kanto trio, the fletchling line, I think that's it.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
The shiny tyranitar event I don't give a hoot about; I bred one out myself a while back. But slaggit I want that shiny yveltal!

Anyway...

After 528 eggs I get my first pink heracross.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/595_zpscbvry2tk.jpg[/img139]

She's adamant and alert to sounds, with Guts. Name will probably be changed later, though. I promised one to Artnerd as well so I'm still hatching heracross eggs looking for another pink one.

Heracross #2 is at 570 eggs. Shiny alphabet hunt is at 900 REs.

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
congrats on all the shinies guys! i look at all your post and feel so inspired!!
do shinies even exist via MM without a shiny charm?
717 eggs and nada (although i like to tell myself that each one looks like a slightly diffrent shade and thus they are slowly evolving into a shiny :p )
grand total of 1912 eggs, and the shiny evades me....
so booty. this means my badge quest is not moving. 14 hours logged on this hunt alone... and someone did a bq in one weak ?! witchcraft i say,
]=

good luck everyone!!
i hope we do the movember ch...
its 12 30 am here
good night. or good morning? i sleep now.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
[img139]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/XgYig3IXGrY/hqdefault.jpg[/img139]

Here we go guys, after 89 eggs shiny zubat hatches.
Sadly this one is considered as a failure shiny again due its IV's..

Pball: Dream Ball
Nature: Jolly
Abillity: Inner focus
IV's: 5/31/31/31/31/31
- Defog
- Brave bird
- Hypnosis
- Nasty plot

Good luck fellow hunters !

@Cyberra

Sweet herracross you hatched there ! totally ready for combat, congrats :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So yesterday afternoon I began my Shiny Wooper Masuda Method hunt in Diamond version and hatched 20 eggs so far. I'll work on it more tonight since I'm currently doing more soft resets for a Shiny Sudowoodo as well and consecutive fishing on Y. Good luck to everyone else on their Shiny hunts btw.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats to all recent shinies

I did some dex-naving today and after about 200 - 300 Dex-nav encounters, shiny Klefki appears. It's a female with Calm nature and the ability Prankster. I named her Sapphy and though she has no perfect IV's, I still hope she'll be a valuable member of my team.

Good luck to all future shinies

taufik386

after phantump, i go for togepi. and i got it after only 34 eggs.
it's a male with bold nature, serena grace ability and have perfect IV too (missing in attack).
[IMG139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151105_094821_1_p_1-600x817.jpg[/IMG139]

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

edit.

another shiny hatched for me. Fennekin in my OR hatched after 1052 eggs. Timid nature, blaze ability and 5IV missing in defense

[IMG139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151105_125920_1_p_1-600x817.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Keovix

Hello guys, it's been so long since my last post, congratulations everybody on your shinies!

I've hunting but not as frequently as before, so I didn't login to post about my shinies, here are the shinies I caught while away, not sure if I posted about these before:

Uxie

Azelf

Cobalion

Kyurem

Yesterday I caught Reshiram, the last shiny legendary in the game, Modest nature and IV's: Sp. Attack 31, Sp. Def 30-31, Speed 30-31, Attack 22-23, Defense 28-29 and HP is low with 8-9. Caught it with a premier ball after many fails.

Now that I have every legendary from this gen, I wanna try something different but I have to ask before to make sure it won't be a problem, a friend of mine made available past legendary events which can be shiny, I never had access to these events 'cos I wasn't a shiny hunter back then, I have Mew on a Japanese Emerald and Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus in 3 different Platinum cartridges, I would love to post about these hunts here since this is most likely a once in a lifetime hunt and it would be extra special to share it with you all.

Good luck to everyone on your current hunts! :)

communist

So I tried my hand at consecutive fishing and was surprised at how quickly it worked. I got a corsola as well as an Octillary with 25 rounds. Could someone tell me if consecutive fishing works with the old rod? I'm about 25 tries in and still no shiny poliwag..

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Congrats on these awesome shinies. Were touguysbusing shiny charm for zubat and heracross?

Good luck ppl.
Nearly 800 egg

Smobble

MH4U <3
Hello! I haven't been really updating because of my last post. My girlfriend has seen my struggle and Ive hit a max of 2,500 eggs... She has decided that I don't need to hunt for a shiny female Cyndaquil anymore. I'm a little salty and disappointed. Many people this past few weeks have been getting shiny female starters expect me... Although, I did get 6x MALE SHINY Cyndaquils. So I'm pretty happy. So now I begin my first ever soft reset. I'm doing latios because the green color is amazing, also I really want to use one in battling.

Goodluck to everyone and Happy Hunting' <3

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much in shiny news this week. I did get a shiny klefki, plus a few in wonder trades. :)

I do plan to start AlphaSapphire soon and SR for mudkip, and do an MM for ekans on OR (I can earn money better there than XY) since it's so hard to get on XY with the constant rain in the swamps.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Everyone, since there's still an equal amount of vote between the Movember idea and the Thanksgiving idea, what if we have both at the same time for this month?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
@ TheShinyLunatone - I have the shiny charm now, for the first time ever. Have not really noticed shinies coming sooner, though... They're as elusive as they ever were.

I was not online last night due to having a doctor's appointment this morning, but I was hunting while offline, and I caught a second shiny pikachu in the friend safari after 2,052 REs. She's sassy and alert to sounds, with Static. After 2,244 REs, I got my third shiny manectric. Female, modest, and capable of taking hits, with Lightning Rod. I may train her and send her forward to ORAS rather than trading her off.

Shiny alphabet hunt is at 2,400 REs. Heracross #2 is up to 880 eggs.

Edit: *sigh* After 2,716 REs, a fourth shiny manectric pops up. She's calm and takes plenty of siestas, with Lightning Rod. This one I'm trading off. Am giving thought to switching to a fairy safari that also has dedenne in it, since this is starting to feel like my ponyta hunt (which ended with six slugma, four braixen, and one ponyta).

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
So I had forgotten that I had already bred some 5 IV Glameow before, and I got 3 Glameow eggs today. Well, the second one's fur didn't quite look grey! She is indeed shiny, is hasty with Keen Eve, is somewhat vain with 4 perfect IVs. The purple fur is really cute, and I find myself quite liking her! (Yay for shiny kitties!)

Congrats to all of those who got shinies recently, and best of luck to those on the hunt!

~Psychic

Manglepaw

Trying to hatch a shiny ha fletchling. Wonder how long this'll take.

I also need a flame body ponyta if anyone would be so kind.

taufik386

another shiny from masuda.
today i got shiny lickitung in my AS after 402 eggs.
brave nature with oblivious ability, 5Iv missing in def

[IMG139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151106_091253_p_1-480x689.jpg[/IMG139]

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting