1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ambri

Ambri ~Draco Rex~

Congrats to:
    Cyberra, darkpaladin2015, Paraqua, TheMaster327, stardog-champ, taufik386, Marsalevsky, SkyMew, camhines4, Azulart, Keovix, communist, Smobble, wobbanut, Psychic, Laurelai, Aesnath, ebevan91, kirkeastment, Supremacy (Gratz on completing your OR BQ!), Jack5326, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Phillies, RoarOfTime91, TheShinyLunatone, Vale_Star, Crimson Penguin, Archsage, the ash man83, Citizen Insane, Cpchris, SEdive07, PrismaticPrincessAnna, HM02gon, SheroGH, Birds of Paradise, Regi_Rocks, SheroGH, Iwanuq, Dangertrout, Claus351, i2i, oarfish, camhines4, Blastonite, Anti Spiral, SnazzySwampert, serpent222, tonyg44x, ChiefLucarioOfficer, Victreebong, Earth Wolf-Howl, free7694 and anyone I might've missed on all shinies since my last post!

Thanks for the congrats darkpaladin2015, Keane, Paraqua and Crimson Penguin ^_^.

@Cyberra: Ever since I took German at school, I've loved the language XD. Pronunciation and getting the right word tense is the part I have trouble with! I like to name some of my Pokemon and Dragcave dragons after certain words from it (And being a robot and mecha fan, I love how a lot of them use German names and have picked lots up from there).

I ended November with one new shiny:

BQ Target 4: Aron Round 2 XD (MM)

I pretty much expected this MM hunt to be a fairly long one, seeing as most of mine in the past have hit at least 1000. So it was nice that after 734 eggs, Aron decided to hatch! :D

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/ASTONISHING11%20SHINY%20KOKODORA%20AT%20LAST.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/Titanis%20stats.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/Ready%20to%20rumble.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/Titanis%20Amie.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/Go%20Titanis.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/Lemme%20at%20em.jpg[/IMG300]

Those red eyes and dark green body are beaut. Thanks to Everstone I got an Adamant nature, and though Sturdy wasn't the ability I was hoping for I can easily change that with an Ability Capsule later. I'm really glad to get a female, since a majority of the time I get male shinies.

For my next target I'm undecided at the moment, but it will likely be another MM hunt for either Electrike or Numel. Painful as it might be, I will be SRing Latias after as my 6th Pokemon *gulp*. Knowing I'll have to go through battling and dialogue, I really hope that isn't too long of a hunt!

I think it's a great idea to have these types of questions; I'm sure we used to have discussions like that quite often in the older threads~

What was the rarest situation in which you got a shiny?

Hmm, well I don't have any particular shiny which is rare % wise from an area, but in terms of 1/8192 odds and how long the hunt was, that'd be Ho-oh at 9569 SRs.

Which shiny is your favorite?

There's lots of shiny colours I really like, but I'd definitely have to say Ho-oh. The golden yellow and touch of orange, with the silver beak and feathers too, just make a really nice combination <3. Plus it really stands out compared to the original. Some other big favourites of mine are Kyurem, Charizard, Emboar, Umbreon, Zoroark and Darkrai!

Which shiny made you freak out the most?

Definitely Kyurem on White! When it showed up I was really surprised, and I can still easily think how intense it was trying to catch it without using a Master Ball >< (Which I had to in the end). When it's a legendary with a low catch rate, you really want things to go smoothly!

Good luck everyone on your hunts, and don't give up DeSynthed! It will pay off when you get that shiny, trust me :D.

2. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

After a long 1,526 egg hunt, Hawlucha decides to shine!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVOYrVUWEAAdBqD.jpg[/img139]

She's Adamant, with Unburden, egg moves Agility and Baton Pass, and IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31, so not bad at all!

3. Iwanuq

Iwanuq Iwan

Congrats to everyone since my last post, which has been a very long time.

Pokemon X: so I've been chain fishing lately to get those shiny pokes, I ended up getting 2 x Clauncher, Horsea and finally my target I was initially going for Staryu. Once , I got my target I decided to go do horde encounters where I haven't gotten a shiny from, first route I went to get Stunky and luckily I got one on the fifth horde. I moved my hunt to the Frost Cavern and ended up getting Vanillite (note if we're doing the snowy area hunt this guy was caught in November). Then, I noticed it finally stopped raining in the Gligar area so I moved over there and got a shiny Weepinbell.

Pokemon Y: I've been hunting for my fourth badge quest shiny in this area for over a month, I decided to horde hunt in Azure bay, last night I did over 200 horde encounters I hope something shines soon here, I want to move on haha.

Pokemon AS:So this is the first time I can say I hunted with the dex nav, at 42 encounters in mirage mountain I got Stantler, I'm going to continue to hunt in this area for Donphan.

Edit decided to hunt for Shellos in AS, at a DexNav encounter of 234, out popped a shiny, she even got 3 IVs and her HA. I was starting to lose hope and it didn't help my Pokemon were running out of attack moves but I stuck too it! Glad I did :)

Edit 2 Decided to dex nav for Lillipup, I got her after 49 encounters.

Once again congrats to everyone and good luck to all hunting, hopefully you see the shine soon!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  4. tui

tui moon upon a stick

Congrats to: Phillies on Nosepass x4, Ninetales, Gabite, Shuckle, Sneasel, Panpour, Pansage and Unown R & J, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Cranidos, Victreebong on Zubat x2, Earth Wolf-Howl on Machop, free7694 on Floatzel, CpChris again on Nosepass and Raticate, Cyberra on Beautifly, Ambri on Aron, TheMaster327 on Hawlucha, Iwanuq on Clauncher x2, Horsea, Staryu, Stunky, Vanillite, Weepinbell and Stantler, and to anyone else I missed!

Thank you for the congrats, Supremacy, CpChris (thanks for the luck too c:) and umbreonfan3636!

What about SR'ing for Bebe's Eevee and evolving it to be a Vaporeon? That should be available to get at the point you're currently at, and might break up the RE hunts? If you like pink :p

21,200 at the Windworks, 5,000 for BQ 4/5 in Mt. Coronet (haven't decided whether to count Combee yet or go back and try finding a Cherubi tree) and then I started up a hunt on Route 20 in W2 for which I am at 200REs. I actually planned on going over to route 7 for Cubchoo for the CH, but some of the Zebstrika outspeed my Watchog, and I'm not really in the mood for continuing with the plot, since I'm going to end up bumping into one of the musketeers soon and I'd much rather SR for them when they're lower levelled because I'm lazy and hate levelling up pokemon.

I actually only had one double period today, so I got home just before midday, fooled about on Rt. 7, accidentally had a nap then got up and did a Further Pure 1 practice paper that ended up taking me two hours... and before I knew it, it was the normal time that I got home and I'd hardly hunted a bean.

Good luck everyone, especially Razorbadger and Supremacy!

5. umbreonfan3636

umbreonfan3636 Well-Known Member

I'm playing 2003 Ruby right now. You remember correctly though, I SRed for Shiny Treecko in OR last winter and got him sometime in January. Started this BQ in my old school Ruby in June (I think).

I do like Vaporeon's shiny form, and I do eventually want to SR for a shiny Eevee in either HG or Platinum, but I feel like I would be strongly compelled to evolving it into an Umbreon or an Espeon (though Vaporeon is my 3rd favorite of its shiny forms).

So I might do some SRs for Eevee and see what happens. That, or maybe go for Marill/Scyther on that rainy route.

Anyway, no new news here even though I am still trudging along.

Congrats to everyone, and good luck!

EDIT:

Actually, I might abandon this Ruby BQ. I'm ~135 hours into this save file, and I just received my first "this save file was corrupted" message. I was terrified that I had lost my Marshtomp and Kadabra, but it just loaded my previous save. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I be worried/Should I transfer them over to my HG now? I've had this Ruby version since it came out when I was a little kid (Changed the battery earlier this year).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  6. SheroGH

SheroGH Active Member

Congratz on all recent shinies!!

So, after I got my Mewtwo, I started to focus more on my HG for a shiny starter (been SR for one since I bought it last year) and on Sunday I did like 400 SRs in the afternoon and 100 SRs later at night. After that, I deleted the save to get a new ID and 70 SRs later, this beauty show up!! :D

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/shiny%20chikorita_zpstq2byews.png[/img139]

I was shocked! It took me by surprise! :D I finally was able to move on. But after that, I decided to hunt for a shiny Pidgey on Route 29 XD. I'm at 2870 RE's and I hate that it only appear during the day :(

I hope it shines soon!

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

7. Claus351

Claus351 Shiny hunter :)

I really really need someone's help. i'm seriously losing all hope. I'm somewhere around 5k, my girlfriend is telling me to take a break but i just.. i really want this mudkip >_< im not being crazy am i?i just want to start playing my game.. i feel like i can't do anything else until i get it- i haven't been working on school or any other shiny hunts because it just eats all my time. should i give up and just SR for legendaries when i get the shiny charm...?

8. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Don't take this the wrong way, but real life should ALWAYS be a priority over shiny hunting. If you have free time, feel free to hunt. If schoolwork needs to be done and your girlfriend wants you to take a break...those are priorities. You WILL get that Mudkip soon. Just don't hurt your own physical or mental health just because of a purple pixelated thing.

9. Dangertrout

Dangertrout Well-Known Member

I've been hunting a lot in 6th gen lately and I find it's gotten a little dull. So I picked up my SS BQ again and about an hour later... Shiny Meowth! It's always nice to pick up an old hunt and have it coincidentally yield a shiny quickly despite the 1/8192 odds. Maybe I should pick up my Pearl BQ again too :p

10. Claus351

Claus351 Shiny hunter :)

I decided to quite. i stopped somewhere close to 6k? i'm not particularly sure, but i'm just going to play the game now. When i'm done and i get my shiny charm i'll SR again and do some RA for Latios. But yeah. Taking a break from shiny hunting for a bit on that note, but not like a month long i just mean for a few days. :) GLHF~!

Edit:
    Didn't want to post TOO many times on one page even if they are all separate days. I took a break from my Alpha Sapphire playthrough (just after beating norman) to do some hunting.

Only 96 Dexnav Encounters in I meet this pretty girl. Well, I'd have pictures but i have alpha sapphire in and it was on omega ruby. Just imagine a blue Psyduck! She's quiet i believe which is down speed up special attack so that's alright. I'm not evolving her so she'll be clinging to an everstone until she's level 100. I was going to name her cottonball but it didn't seem fitting, so i went with Private Psy instead. (No need to save her) So that's exciting! Guess i get some form of payoff for the 40+ hours i spent SRing for mudkip. Good luck on all your guys' hunts! See you soon and i hope to hear good news from you all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  11. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Well, I finally got my AlphaSapphire started. I started SR'ing for shiny mudkip on Thanksgiving night, and got him the next day. :) He's already evolved all the way to swampert, and I've got four badges.

I also got a shiny numel, my fourth, while doing horde spams on the fiery path. I sent him to wonder trade.

12. serpent222

serpent222 Well-Known Member

Congrats on all of the shinies since my last post.

I'm up to 500 eggs with Squirtle, and still no shiny. I did catch a shiny hoothoot in FS while breaking from breeding. Was trying for a pidgey, but I didn't have hoothoot yet, so it was still good.

13. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to Ambri on Aron, TheMaster327 on Hawlucha, SheroGH on Chikorita, Dangertrout on Meowth, wobbanut on Mudkip, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Ambri and Keane :)

-----------

I have my Nosepass video uploaded here.

I also have my Raticate video here.

Well that’s scary…I went to work on just 100 SRs for Cyndaquil yesterday, which meant I’d do a run of the battle tower on Platinum at the same time, and as I went to Fly out of Eterna Forest, I noticed I’d never taken my Battle Tower pokemon out of my party from the last time I did this, which was Friday. That means no Bibarel in my party, which means no Taunt, which means I easily could have failed a Gastly had one shone o_O

I’m pretty happy with my choice to hunt Absol/Altaria on Black 2. Aside from both being great shinies, no matter which one shines, it’ll complete an evolution line. “Complete” isn’t really the best word to refer to finding single-stage Pokemon like Absol, but…Oh well! I also figured out a new hunt I want to incorporate into this ever-expanding Mistralton Cave-based hunt. Seaside Cave is probably my best bet to get a shiny Shuckle within the games I hunt on, and since Boldore is there, I figure I’ll repel trick there since even when reducing Boldore’s rates, I’m probably still more likely to find one of those over a Shuckle. Though it’s still a long ways off – I still need to get my 2 Lairon before heading to Relic Passage for Roggenrola (and Timburr, since despite not liking the line, it’s the only place to get Timburr on Black 2), plus any hunts I mix into this (such as my current Absol/Altaria hunt, Abundant Shrine, and Lostlorn Forest).

Did 100 SRs for Cyndaquil this morning, which is now at 4,300 SRs. Chimchar’s at 4,600 SRs. Gonna start my main hunts soon, but right now Black 2 is at 1,500 REs, Platinum is at 14,100 REs, and HeartGold is at 1,400 REs. Kinda hoping Platinum will shine soon just to get that last current long hunt off me and have all 3 games at low numbers. Hoping for a Buneary most of all, since if I get a Gastly, I’ll be wondering how many duplicates I’ll get before getting both Buneary…Although if my games can promise me to only give me 1 more Gastly and 2 Buneary, I’ll take Gastly first :p

Good luck, everyone (especially Razorbadger, Keane, CrimsonPenguin, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, jrmftw, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, ChaoticInverse, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

14. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

Congrats to everyone for the shinies they've found since their last post.

I've reached 900 encounters for my Valley Windworks hunt. Nothing's shining yet, but I took the opportunity to train my Monferno and Tenza. Even so, I'm hoping this hunt will be as lucky as Tenza's was, though I have my doubts.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: I've reached approximately 1080 REs. I would have posted this on the new page, but considering this is just a small update to say I've managed another 180, I didn't feel it was necessary. (Still hoping it'll be Buizel. I've mistaken so many normal Shellos for shinies that I'm afraid I'll mistake a shiny Shellos for a normal Shellos and run from it.)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  15. camhines4

camhines4 Active Member

I chained two shiny Spoink last night, evolved one into Grumpig. This is particularly special because Grumpig is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon; as you can see, it is my claim.

Also, just had a Meditite chain break at 36... Can't get a shiny every time I suppose

16. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

[IMG139]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/PPLyra/fy_zps2n4ot2tk.jpg[/IMG139]

Found this fella less than 30 encounter from my last one of Ivysaur

17. taufik386

taufik386 Well-Known Member

on wednesday, i hatched shiny archen after 215 eggs

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151205_171453_1_p_1_1-768x1016.jpg[/img139]

the next day, i hatched shinymudkip after 152 eggs.

[img139]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/TR_esyam/P_20151205_172702_1_p_1_1-768x1016.jpg[/img139]

next, i did some horde hunting, got shiny male nidoran, 2 shiny cubchoos, shiny vanillite, shiny bellsprout and shiny skorupi.

last, accidentally got shiny alomomola when i want to find its HA using dexnav.

congrats everyones on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunting

18. Razorbadger

Razorbadger Well-Known Member

Congrats to Shy on Mudkip, Paraqua on Koffing, both Elekid, Anorith and Munna, masterbreeder42 on Zekrom, Cyberra on Miltank, Skarmory, all the Unown, Eevee, Heracross, Zigzagoon, Zorua, Kangaskhan, Amaura, Tyrunt, Ducklett and Magikarp, taufik386 on Goomy, Registeel, Phantump, Togepi, Fennekin, Lickitung, Regigigas, Paras, Patrat, Venonat, Rufflet, Scatterbug, Duskull, Archen and Mudkip, SkyMew on Zorua, Croagunk, Tornadus, Entei, Vulpix and Suicune, Thibideau on Horsea, darkpaladin2015 on Latias and Ho-Oh, Azulart on Honedge, Zubat, Ferroseed, Foongus and Scyther, Marsalevsky on Cobalion, Keovix on Uxie, Azelf, Cobalion, Kyurem and Reshiram, Laurelai on Azelf, Tympole, Mesprit and Regigigas, Aesnath on Regirock, kirkeastment on Golett, Supremacy on Sealeo, Oddish and Rotom, TheMaster327 on Misdreavus, Trapinch and Hawlucha, Jack5326 on Teddiursa, TheShinyLunatone on Porygon and Latias, Crimson Penguin on Axew and Lugia, Cpchris on Horsea, Nosepass and Raticate, PrismaticPrincessAnna on Virizion, SheroGH on Torchic, Mewtwo and Chikorita, Keane on Skitty and Elekid, Regi_Rocks on Foongus and Charmander, oarfish on Raikou, Lugia, Heatran and Mesprit, wobbanut on Fletchling and Mudkip, SnazzySwampert on Sandile, tonyg44x on Nidoran and Farfetch'd, ChiefLucarioOfficer on Cranidos, Earth Wolf-Howl on Machop, Ambri on Aron, Dangertrout on Meowth and everyone else on your shinies.

Thanks to Cpchris, Crimson Penguin and Keane for the luck.

Well it's been a while but something finally appeared in my White 2, as my target a shiny Trapinch appeared after 17,223 REs.

[IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20151120_162001_zpsbhhoweoi.jpg[/IMG139]
    [IMG139]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/razorbadger/20151120_162011_zpsakcdbbiy.jpg[/IMG139]

This is the second time this Badge Quest has gone over double odds but as it ended with my target I'm really not that fussed about the length of the hunt. A calm nature is also pretty awful but I love this shiny too much to care really. I initially hunted for a Trapinch in my Omega Ruby at the beginning of the year and after a total of over 16,000 REs over two phases I decided to put that hunt on hold so this is definitely a shiny that has been a long time coming for me (well over 30K over two games and three phases) and one that I am thrilled to finally have.

So now for a bit of a confession. I actually found this shiny over two weeks ago on the 20th of November and haven't gotten around to posting about it until now. I started a job just a few days after finding it and between that and playing Fallout 4 I've not ended up finding the time to write up the post or do any hunting at all since I found Trapinch, I've not even EV trained her yet. I do feel kind of bad about this as I know a couple of you have been continuing to wish me luck on this hunt with no idea that I'd actually already found something.

It's odd to think that this Badge Quest is nearly over already and my next hunt will be for my final badge. I've decided to SR for Volcarona for this hunt and hope it will be a bit quicker than my other SR hunt in this game which went over odds. First though back to my Heart Gold and phase four for Shinx where I'll be continuing to hunt on Route 48 but during the day this time to avoid the possibility of a third Growlithe.

Good luck hunting everyone :)

19. Poképro1992

Poképro1992 Pokémon Pro

So after just under 40,000 SRs I have managed to successfully obtain a legit shiny Zapdos in Generation 1 of which was traded to Generation 2 to confirm that it is indeed a shiny!

Below is the link to the Zapdos:
    http://i.imgur.com/4VdIqnf.jpg

If you would like to see the live videos for that, my shiny mewtwo from generation 1 and more my shiny hunting Youtube channel can be found below in my signature.

Happy hunting!

20. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

Congrats to everyone on your shinies!

Today, I Wonder Traded away one of my breedject Raltses. In return, I got a shiny Cyndaquil!