• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

dan2point5

Decided my next hunt is going to be Electrode in Team Rocket Hideout using the runaway method. Quite excited for this hunt since its another shiny I've always wanted.

Dangertrout

I couldn't decide what to hunt next, so I've decided to make use of my living dex :p
I have a ditto in the daycare to breed with everything I have (right now my Pidgeot is in there).
Every hour or so I change the parent to a different species. So when I finally do get a shiny, it will be completely random what I get :p

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Question: Am I doing it right? I saved just on the spot before you step forward and fight Latios. The shininess isn't decided beforehand, is it?

Yup, that's exactly it. Shininess is decided the same as with any other pokemon. I worried by that as well when I started. It was quite annoying to get used to doing that at first, but you get used to it. Good luck!

Also, thanks to all who congratulated me on Buizel, and congrats on the Lillipup, Mareep, Miltank, Joltik, Pichu, and any others I may have missed since last time! And since before, I've decided my next hunt to be on Route 212, despite Staravia, which I want to avoid a duplicate of. I traded over a lv. 24 Diglett with Arena Trap, though, and I'm using the Repel trick so only Kirlia and Roselia appear. Nothing against Ralts or Marill, but it's only to prevent Staravia from appearing. :p
The Repels would be lowering the number of encounters I get each hour, but then Arena Trap doubles encounters, as I recently learned, so I have no worries against Kirlia and I get basically the same amount of progress as normal. I also have a Gengar with Mean Look for backup if Diglett is KO'ed. 700 RE's so far, and I hope to at least reach 1300 by the end of the day. Good luck everyone, and let's hope to see more of those hunts end soon!

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Wow, loads of shinies today. Congrats on all the shinies today everyone! :)

Progress update:
702 eggs for Rufflet.
175 SRs for Kyurem.

Might put Kyurem on hold to be honest (I know, I've only just started the hunt, but still). Wanting to train up some other Pokémon on Black so I might come back to him later.

Rufflet's starting to annoy me a bit now. :L I know I'm not even over the odds yet but I'm getting quite tired of hatching egg after egg, Idk, I hope it shines soon. Funny 'cause there are at least 3 other shinies I want to hatch in Black 2 after this. Oh joy! xD

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hi guys cocoa here just gonna update on my hunts well im getting close to 6000 for drifloon looks like this is gonna be another buneary hunt and closing in on 4000 for the dratini in the dragons den with extremespeed hopefully ill get a good nature and good luck guys congrats on those shinies like miltank buizel mareep mankey

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone! Congrats on all the recent shinies! It seems that the only real time I get for my Eevee hunt anymore is on the weekends. Speaking of which, I'm still working on my 5th one. I have reached the 3,000 RE mark for Castelia Park (this method is driving me nuts!) And I am at 235 eggs hatched out of 660 eggs collected for my MM Eevee hunt. I think once I get one more frome the park, I will only rely on hatching for the rest because Eevee takes so long to encounter and even with the Shiny Charm, it is taking forever!

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck! :)

Dangertrout

SHINY MESPRIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wrong nature and refused to stay in any pretty pokeball, but w/e!
Victory is mine nonetheless!!

edit - ok, Mild nature isnt bad, but the IVs are terrible >.<
Caught it in a Master Ball (my very least favorite ball), but I didn't want to risk it struggling to death after SRing for the last month or two.
Now, I need to decide if I want to get back to MMing my living dex, or RE a bit for a change :p

Last edited:

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3

Wow! Congratiez on the shiny sprit~! Anywayz, congratiez on all the other recent shinies aswell, and GL to everyone on their hunts~* :)
I have nothing shiny to report, but hopefully i'll get something to shine ;)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest

edit - ok, Mild nature isnt bad, but the IVs are terrible >.<
Caught it in a Master Ball (my very least favorite ball), but I didn't want to risk it struggling to death after SRing for the last month or two.
Now, I need to decide if I want to get back to MMing my living dex, or RE a bit for a change :p

geez what is with the iv and ev and nature shizz for shinies?! Arent ye happy its a shiny at all?! :/

Anyway got another shiny elektrike. Thats 7 now nya~

Dangertrout

geez what is with the iv and ev and nature shizz for shinies?! Arent ye happy its a shiny at all?! :/

Anyway got another shiny elektrike. Thats 7 now nya~

I breed most of my shinies, so I'm just used to having control over the nature and IVs to a certain extent is all :p
I'm very happy that it finally shone =)

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
Shiny Bouffalant is one of those pokemon who make me upset with just how similar they look to their regular counterparts.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Shiny Bouffalant is one of those pokemon who make me upset with just how similar they look to their regular counterparts.

Normally I would agree about shinies similar to their normal color but I really love the darker shade on Boufflant and how the rings on its horns are more golden. Really cool shiny imo, gratz Crimson!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to RaichuArcanine on Mareep, Jessara on Joltik, Lyra on Pichu, Pxm1 on Lillipup, Dangertrout on Mesprit, Crimson_Blazer on Bouffalant, and General Ridley on Deino!

I can't blame work entirely for today's lack of SRs...I just didn't stay focused =\ So I've only done 100 today, making 1,100 total.

Still thinking that I might try to hunt Eevee again. It'd be great if I could focus on this BQ knowing my favorite shiny is acquired.

Good luck, everyone!

Cyndajay

Congrats to Cyada on Audino, ShinyLord on Koffing, dan on Mankey, Gustavo on Buizel, pokemonmaster on caterpie, City on Miltank, RaichuArcanine on Mareep, Jessara on Joltik, PopPrincess_Lyra on the Pichu and Electrikes, pxm1 on lillipup, Danger on Mesprit, Crimson on Bouffalant and General_Ridley on Deino. And congrats to any I missed.

Since my last post I have been focussing on my MM hunt for Cyndaquil now at 1,100 eggs with SC. My White 2 BQ now at 5,500 encounters in Flocessy ranch and my White BQ SR for Tepig. After over a month of SRing for a minimum of an hr a day yesterday I started a second file with a new trainer ID. After 2.5hrs yesterday and another 47mins of SRing today Tepig has shone. My little Tepig is Male with an Adamant nature. So happy as I'm due to leave on holiday the day after tomorrow but may not be able to due to roads being flooded. Getting a shiny has definitely cheered me up a little.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/fire_ice_air/Shiny%20Pokemon/AF4AB798-5AC8-4094-A2B4-B1F12501BA88-2552-000002B4AAA27D6E-1.jpg
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/fire_ice_air/Shiny%20Pokemon/836C90A7-44A4-4919-A36D-36F568ED2D23-2552-000002B4D4440B98.jpg

Last edited:

dan2point5

Massive congrats on Mesprit, Bouffalant, Deino, Tepig, Electrike(s) and any others I missed! Seems like it was a very lucky weekend all round!

I'm already up to 1,250 Electrode run aways since starting yesterday. My motivation for this hunt is pretty high so I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Best of luck everyone.