1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Shiny Lord

Shiny Lord Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I last found a shiny and posted here. Today I decided to continue soft resetting for Shiny Zekrom. I didn't count how many encounters I did for it total but I am pleased to say I found and caught one. Here are the stats

#644 Zekrom [Jolly]
    IVs: 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 22, 23 / 22, 23 / 28, 29
    Stats at Lv.50: 175 / 170 / 140 / 122 / 116 / 119

2. umbreonfan3636

umbreonfan3636 Well-Known Member

Congrats to free7694 on Zubat, Mykle on Froakie and Zorua, Cpchris on Gastly and Altaria, KangasKid18 on Cryogonal, wobbanut on Pupitar and Nosepass, Reg_Rocks on Fennekin, Cyberra on Unknown and Delibird, Blastonite on Snorunt, SheroGH on Altaria, Supremacy on Turtwig (I know how much those Platinum SRs suck!), and Shiny Lord on Zekrom!

I’ve been slowly continuing my BQ in Platinum (beat the Canalave Gym), and now am about to start hunting on route 217 for Swinub or Sneasel. Swinub is my main target, mainly because I tried for one in my HG BQ and I ended up getting a Zubat instead. I think I might try and stick with this game and put Ruby (and Aron) on hold for a bit. I also want to concentrate on SRing for Tepig in my new White 2 game.

Good luck to everyone! Especially Crimson Penguin, Cpchris, Supremacy, and Keane, (thanks for the luck/congrats!)

3. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Hey everyone, long time no see. Gonna dish out congrats first to Supremacy, cpchris, umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH and Crimson Penguin!

Of course, all of you deserve congratulations so congrats on your shinies, everyone!

I've had very little, if any, luck over the last month or so. I've had to put hunting down a lot of the time, and I do wish it wasn't the case. However, despite the lack of any consistent hunting time, I've got the whole of the Christmas break to nab one or two 1/8192 shinies! I was at 5,650 REs for something in Cliff Cave in HGSS, but I changed and moved to the Safari Zone. I'm at 470 REs for Duskull in the Swamp safari area. Hopefully I'll break 1,000 very soon. Better still, I hope something shines before / on Christmas Day! Also, I just remembered I was hunting in White 2 in Castelia Park. I think that was at 2,150 REs...so I'll try and work on that hunt as well.

Best of luck to you all and have a great Christmas -- if I don't post here again before then!

4. tui

tui moon upon a stick

Congrats to: Vale_Star on Alomomola and Chinchou, Cyberra on Unown D and Delibird, CpChris on Altaria, Blastonite on Snorunt, SheroGH on Altaria, Supremacy on Turtwig, Shiny Lord on Zekrom, and to anybody else I missed!

Welcome back Artikia!
    Thank you for the luck, Crimson Penguin, CpChris, Supremacy, umbreonfan3636 and thank you for the congrats AquaRegisteel!

11,700 encounters in Route 20... I did 2,200 yesterday, eek, with less today but still over 1k. Mt Coronet is at 6,300 and Shaymin at 2,301, because I managed to encounter her another time accidentally after saving. My hunts aren't treating me too nicely considering how much I'm hunting as of late! I really would like to get multiple shinies before I'm back at school on January 4th, I have so many hunts planned particularly for W2 so I'd really love to move on, especially since Rt.20 was just intended to be a quick little double grass hunt where I didn't really care which shiny popped out, but it's becoming a small marathon.

Good luck everybody, especially Crimson Penguin with that Swablu, SheroGH with Pidgey and umbreonfan3636 with Aron!

5. M.P.

M.P. Retired

I've found only four shinies via random encounters: Tentacool in Emerald, and Bunnelby, Gible and Scatterbug in Y. I also have the Red Gyarados in HeartGold and Shiny event Beldum in Omega Ruby.

I've tried both Masuda Method and Consecutive Fishing, but I haven't gotten any shinies with those methods.

I've gotten most of my shinies via GTS, I just check certain Pokemon there, hoping to find a shiny that I can get. I find the "method" quite easy, but also frustrating (you have to be really quick and might miss the shiny during the last second) and there's no guarantee that the shiny you get is legit. I've gotten many legit shinies though, and a couple of uncertain shinies.

6. Phillies

Phillies Well-Known Member

Congratulations to everyone who got new shinies since the last time I posted.

I have managed to catch the following shinies 2 Phantump, 2 Lampent, Unown Y, Z, M, Mienfoo, Magneton & Chansey

Good luck to everyone

7. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I'm curious can the McDonalds Hoopa be shiny? I still haven't retrieved mine in Alpha Sapphire so I wanna know if I should even bother soft resetting for a shiny one. ^^

8. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria ☆~Shiny hunter▢~ and Animal Crossing

McDonald's Hoopa can't be shiny. Because events are shiny-locked and Pokémon distributed in such way have a set Shininess. So if a Pokémon isn't meant to be distributed Shiny it can't be Shiny because of that event.

9. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Congrats to Cpchris on Altaria, Vale_Star on Chinchou, Blastonite on Snorunt, SheroGH on Altaria, Supremacy on Turtwig, Shiny Lord on Zekrom, Phillies on Phantump x2, Lampent x2, Unown Y, Z, M, Mienfoo, Magneton, and Chansey, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to AquaRegisteel for the congrats, and to Cpchris, Supremacy, umbreonfan3636, and Keane for the luck!

...Sadly the extra luck hasn't helped yet. I just reached 14,000 total REs on Route 114 (I've done 2,200 REs between today and yesterday) and have nothing to show for it. No luck on my other hunts either - Winding Woods is at 2200 REs, Volcarona is at 1200 SRs, and Vulpix is at 800 REs. At this point I'm starting to just hope for anything to show up, even if it's not Swablu. If I don't get my little golden cloud bird I'll just MM for it. But seriously, I'm almost 3.5x over the odds and I'm really ready for this hunt to be over with. Maybe Swablu is just waiting for a few more days to be a Christmas gift (at least that's what I'll tell myself). : P

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially umbreonfan3636, serpent222, AquaRegisteel, and Keane!

10. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

After 436 REs in the normal safari. I find a pink minccino. She's jolly and mischievous, with Cute Charm. I have a shiny cinccino from a while back already, so into wonder trade she goes.

Was playing minecraft on my xbox this weekend so have not started the route 216 hunt yet. Woobat is still playing hard to get at 1,650 eggs.

Edit: And only 33 encounters later...

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/714_zpsqfjrglv5.jpg[/img139]

Was hoping to find a shiny eevee before dunsparce, actually... But meh. He's naughty and takes plenty of siestas, with Serene Grace. Next FS hunt will be dark-type after inkay.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  11. free7694

free7694 Member

Decided to do some chain fishing last night in Lilycove City and after 28 encounters...shiny Wailmer! He's a Relaxed nature and Hates to lose. That makes a pair of wild shinies for me in Alpha Sapphire.

[​IMG]

12. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria ☆~Shiny hunter▢~ and Animal Crossing

Did more random encounters for Shiny Altaria in White and one still didn't appear. Hope it shines soon.

13. the ash man83

the ash man83 Avid TCG Fan

After around 8000 or so REs in a Friend Safari hunting for Shiny Ponyta (I have found other Shinies amongst these, those being 5*Charmander and 1*Braixen), I decided to switch safari and hunt in a Dark type safari. After 797 encounters, I found myself a Shiny Liepard! Female, with the ability Unburden (sadly not its HA), and max IVs in HP, Attack and Special Attack. Could've been better, but it's a Shiny nonetheless!

I may go back to the Ponyta hunt, but I'm thinking the best play is to go continue in the Dark safari and try and get one or both of the other Pokémon in their in Shiny (Nuzleaf and Cacturne)

14. SheroGH

SheroGH Active Member

Hi, Congratz on all the recent shinies!!

I was hunting in four games today (two FireRed and two LeafGreen) and after 91 REs, a Fearow shows up on my LeafGreen!!

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/Shiny%20Fearow_zpsubalfnpq.png[/img139]

It's my second shiny of this month and is a full odd shiny!! I don't know how I did notice this one because the screen of the GBA is too dark so after catching it, I change the game to my other GBA with more brightness to see it better :D I want a Ponyta so I'm going to stay in this area until it shines.

Good luck in all your hunt and happy holidays everyone!!

15. Shiny Lord

Shiny Lord Well-Known Member

Just started hunting for shiny Mesprit today and I managed to get it really quickly. Did not keep track of how many soft resets I did for it. One more shiny legendary added to my collection. Just need shiny Uxie now to complete the lake trio

Here are it's stats:
    #481 Mesprit [Sassy]
    IVs: 24, 25 / 18, 19 / 31 / 30, 31 / 20, 21 / 30, 31
    Stats at Lv.50: 152|0 / 119|0 / 125|0 / 125|0 / 132|0 / 90|0

16. LucarioMan101

LucarioMan101 HGSS ftw!!!!!!

So I decided the other day that I would try for Shiny Delibird or Shiny Stantler, to go along with the Christmas holiday. However, I really didn't want to go through the whole process to get the right egg moves/nature/foreign parent business, so I decided to wondertrade until I found a suitable parent. Well, last night, after a couple of days, I finally got a beautiful Japanese, female, 3 egg moves, 4 IV, Jolly nature Delibird. Immediately, I threw it in the daycare with my 6 IV Smeargle and got to breeding, collecting just over 100 eggs between last night and this morning. Once I had a good first batch, I started hatching...but that didn't last very long because within 8 eggs (8!) I got my first Mrs. Claus!! :D :D :D It's absolutely perfect too: Jolly, Female, Hustle, 5IVs, 4 egg moves.

But that's not all. I figured that I would hatch the rest of the eggs so I could wondertrade all the Delibird off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, just to put out some Christmas spirit. Well, to my absolute shock, on the 51st egg (51!), ANOTHER MRS. CLAUS HATCHED. So now I have two Delibird, and I still have about half the batch to hatch (will there be a Mr. Claus too?) This is crazy luck considering that I hatched almost a thousand eggs for Pumpkaboo and I still wasn't able to get one before Halloween. I'm really glad one of my holiday hunts has worked out.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

EDIT: LOLOL wouldn't you know it, on the 110th egg (same batch) Mr. Claus actually did hatch. Within one batch, I've now gotten 3 Shiny Delibird. I've never had this much luck in my life. Yay for Christmas!!! <3

EDIT #2: Wow. The Christmas luck is real. Christmas morning, after wondertrading off the rest of my Delibirds, I transferred the first shiny delibird I hatched to my OR to EV train it. Even though I've trained at Mt. Pyre for Atk countless times before and never gotten a shiny shuppet, on the second horde of the session, I hear the shiny sound go off on my 3DS and look down to find a completely random (no Shiny Charm) Shiny Shuppet floating smackdab in the middle of the horde. It even has a +Atk nature. I'm in complete shock at the luck I've had these last few days. The last time I got a shiny on Christmas was my Darkrai several years ago. Definitely a great way to start off the day :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  17. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

No it can't be shiny whatsoever so you shouldn't bother soft resetting.

18. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I see well that's a shame cuz shiny Hoopa has a nice sprite from what I saw. I will instead work on hatching eggs for a shiny Magikarp cuz it's something I've wanted to try ever since playing Soul Silver. ^^

19. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

...Why is my post about having caught inkay missing? Sure, it had been directly after my post about dunsparce, but there had been a full 24 hours between the two posts.

I caught this yesterday. Reposting since someone seems to have removed the post without telling me.

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/716_zpsgucf599o.jpg[/img139]

She's lax and likes to thrash about and got Infiltrator, her HA. I named her after a character from a classic animated movie. I also caught a shiny male pawniard, but him I traded off.

Am hunting in a steel safari for magneton and forretress now.

Route 216 is at 800 REs. Woobat has broken 4x over odds at 2,240 eggs.

Edit: After 374 REs in the steel safari, I find a shiny bronzong. It's hardy and alert to sound, with levitate. I have a shiny bronzong already, so into wonder trade it goes to surprise someone else

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  20. silverhusky99

silverhusky99 Novice Shiny Hunter

I am happy to announce that finally after 5 days of Hunting I finally got my first shiny, a shiny fraxure with hidden ability.