• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

PKMN Trainer Gray

Hi guys, congratz to all on those awesome shinies

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Eevee and later evolve him into Espeon, I really wanted a Magic Bounce one, such a troll XD
His name is Ravi and I like him a lot despite that green color
[img139]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/PKMNTrainerGray/Espeon1_zpsgkrdcwl5.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/PKMNTrainerGray/Espeon2_zps2sknxia0.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/PKMNTrainerGray/Espeon3_zpsx5ohq46x.jpg[/img139]

Good luck with your hunts guys

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Hit ~34k encounters on route 202.... Just waiting for Shinx to shine like:

Welp, gratz on all the recent shinies, especially Cpchris on Mewtwo!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*sigh* Make that four shiny clefairy from the friend safari. This one's another male, sassy and takes plenty of siestas, with Cute Charm, making it the first non-HA shiny clefairy I've pulled out of here. It's holding a 5% moon stone, as well. I already have 56 moon stones from my PickUp diggersby, so this clefairy gets to keep its hold item when it goes to a new owner. Still looking for that elusive spritzee.

Maniac Tunnel remains at 3,600 REs. Hippopotas is at 220 eggs.

Echo Nacyl

Jealous of your Clefairys, Cyberra. Haha.
Hordes decided that they loved me today.
While EV training in Sky Pillar, a shiny Swablu popped up, 2nd in the horde.
Deciding I'd rather train in Y, I switched to it, hit route 14, and a shiny Ekans appeared, 4th in the horde.
After I finished Attack EVs, I went to Victory Road, and a shiny Floatzel popped up, 2nd in its horde.
Honestly the only one of these I'm super happy about is the Ekans. I already had the other two.
EDIT: And a Wingull too, 4th in its horde. Happy with that too.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Guess who showed up? Shiny Ponyta! It only took me 130 DexNav encounters. She's brave nature, and she knows her hidden ability Flame Body. I'm extremely happy right now! Staying up until 3:30am was worth it. The video I shot is currently uploading to Youtube. I'll just reedit this post once the video finally uploads. Good luck to everyone on your shiny hunts! Shiny Clefairy sure like showing up for you Cyberra. :p

[IMG300]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Nintendofan82/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMAG0586_zpsbjcxmjzo.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Nintendofan82/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMAG0587_zpswsme5uep.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/Nintendofan82/Shiny%20Pokemon/IMAG0588_zps7viswpai.jpg[/IMG300]

Maiq

My anaconda don't
Decided to hunt another Grass type for the Community Hunt. Ended up choosing Hoppip. Almost 400 eggs later and nothing yet. Hope it shines soon.
Hi guys, congratz to all on those awesome shinies

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Eevee and later evolve him into Espeon, I really wanted a Magic Bounce one, such a troll XD
His name is Ravi and I like him a lot despite that green color
[img139]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/PKMNTrainerGray/Espeon1_zpsgkrdcwl5.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/PKMNTrainerGray/Espeon2_zps2sknxia0.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af192/PKMNTrainerGray/Espeon3_zpsx5ohq46x.jpg[/img139]

Good luck with your hunts guys
Eevee isn't Gen 2 so the Community Hunt isn't complete.
Eevee isn't, but Espeon is.
I must've missed the memo where Espeon can be hatched from an egg or caught in the wild

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Well, just caught my fifth Shiny Floatzel, trying to just catch a Lickitung for my pokdex to trade to OR but at least I got a shiny, she is gentle nature and looks like it has poor ivs (worst nature one I've gotten out of them)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hello everyone and congratulations on all the new shinies. I've still been hatching Trapinch eggs this week and I've hatched around 90, plus when I'm not working on this shiny hunt I've also been fishing around in Or/As for shinies when ever I get the chance hee hee. Hopefully my luck will pay off by the weekend. :3

Bananarama

The light is coming
Congratulations to everyone on your recent shinies! I'm still horde hunting in Y, this time for Psyduck. I can't wait to find one, I love its blue coloring.

I must've missed the memo where Espeon can be hatched from an egg or caught in the wild

You did.

Last edited:

DJW94

Its been years since I've replied in this club so this could be a long post with all the shinys ive acquaired in the past few years. In the past week I've got a shiny swalbu, zubat, sandshrew, seedot, oddish, braxien, wailmer, skrelp, shellder, another horsea, Quagsire, froagider, and ill make a full list and report back...
and I had a hour and half of pure luck. My first shiny ever was a aron back in emerald 10 years ago. Well I was hunting for mawhile and got a shiny aron, then a shiny zubat, then another shiny aron, and then finally my beautiful Mawhile
Good luck on all your hunts its nice to be back! used to be dadaswshh

Tagi

Ha! I had made no headway for about a year (on and off SR) and yesterday I finally managed to SR to a shiny Mudkip in Omega Ruby. So happy!

I had *five* event pokemon waiting for me at the first pokemon center that I couldn't access before I got this Mudkip XD

I had been toying around with the idea of making this play through a badge quest, and then today after only 20 or so horde encounters I got a shiny Zigzagoon. I figure the game was being nice to me after holding out on the mudkip for so long.

Good luck to all people currently at or above shiny odds right now!

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
Hey, guys! Long time no talk. Congratulations to everyone! I've still been hunting, I just haven't been posting here for some odd reason, so I plan on changing that starting today.

So earlier this month, I decided I was going to return to a hunt that I had ended sometime last year for a Murkrow as it was being stubborn and had taken over 4500 RE. This happened to be using hordes and the shiny charm. Well, finally, on the day after Valentine's Day, she shone!

[img139]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/FoxSean94/Honchkrow_zpshhs9l063.jpg[/img139]

And then earlier today, a beautiful golden Hoothoot popped out at exactly 100 eggs. She's missing her Sp. Def IV, but she's gorgeous so she gets a pass.

[img139]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/FoxSean94/Noctowl_zpshxsh9s3t.jpg[/img139]

So that means that Community Hunt has been completed... Twice!

I hope everyone has been well, and my updated shiny collection has been posted in my signature. Good luck, and may your hunts shine soon!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
And at last I find my shiny spritzee. Female, quirky and capable of takings hits, with Healer. She's so cutely purple ^_^ Now I can leave this safari.

Maniac Tunnel is at 3,900 REs. Hippopotas is at 400 eggs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Maniac Tunnel is at 3,900 REs. Hippopotas is at 400 eggs.
That's were I caught my second shiny Adamant Geodude. I had no Master Ball, and Self Destruct could have happened. I threw a Quick Ball at it and captured it immediately.

Martinzqx

Sitting at 10789 sr's for stubborn Mewtwo! Hopefully it shines soon! Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck on your hunts!!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
That's were I caught my second shiny Adamant Geodude. I had no Master Ball, and Self Destruct could have happened. I threw a Quick Ball at it and captured it immediately.

Thats why I always carry around a golduck with damp and telekinesis, damp so no one self destructs / explodes and telekinesis for geodude hordes so magnitude / earthquake can't kill it if there is a shiny, it also wastes a turn so they kill each other

taufik386

hatched shiny glameow after 404 eggs and shiny female espurr after 484 eggs.

i'll keep breed for espurr to got the male with HA

congrats on every recent shinies and good luck for the current hunting

shiny_hunter5

Ha! I had made no headway for about a year (on and off SR) and yesterday I finally managed to SR to a shiny Mudkip in Omega Ruby. So happy!

I had *five* event pokemon waiting for me at the first pokemon center that I couldn't access before I got this Mudkip XD

I had been toying around with the idea of making this play through a badge quest, and then today after only 20 or so horde encounters I got a shiny Zigzagoon. I figure the game was being nice to me after holding out on the mudkip for so long.

Good luck to all people currently at or above shiny odds right now!
I am doing a shiny quest on my OS and SS Qould be quite fun to give you a battle once we both complete the quests? I did't SR for a starter though wanted my starter to be something random :)
My team currently looks like this.
Mightyena
Hariyama
Gyarados
Blatoise
Beautifly

Hardly the most threatening team aha congrats on your shiny pokemon.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
It's been almost a fortnight since I last posted I think, but in that time I've obtained quite a few shinies.

5th Feb - Shiny Phantump from a Ghost safari. Female, Serious nature with its Natural Cure ability. Max IVs in Defense, Sp. Atk and Speed.

13th Feb - Shiny Magikarp, hatched after 191 eggs. Female, Adamant nature with the Swift Swim ability. 5 perfect IVs, only missing in Sp. Def. Also in a Lure Ball which I thought was quite niche.

15th Feb - Another safari, this time Poison and found a Garbodor after 124 encounters. Male, Jolly, Stench ability and max IVs in HP and Sp. Atk.

16th Feb - Illumise shone after only 16 encounters in a Bug safari, really wasn't expecting one so quick. Female (obviously), Lonely, Tinted Lens and max IVs in HP and Sp. Atk.

17th Feb - Calm-natured Male Venomoth appeared after 508 encounters (was going to change safari at 512, so just in the nick of time!) (not the same safari as Garbodor). Has its HA Wonder Skin, and max IVs in Attack and Speed.

20th Feb - This one was a nightmare to catch. Impish-natured Shiny Metang, after 123 encounters in a Steel safari. Paralyzed, unfortunately didn't have a False Swipe-r with me, so was sat there for a good 20 minutes chucking PokéBalls at it (just over 2 chance per ball), until it finally caught. Light Metal ability, with max IVs in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.

22nd Feb - Female Shiny Dedenne after 271 encounters in an Electric safari. Pickup ability, which isn't too bad, with a Jolly nature and max IVs in Sp. Def and Speed.

23rd Feb - To go with Phantump, I decided to try my luck at finding a Shiny Pumpkaboo in a Ghost safari. Which I found, 185 encounters later. Jolly Female, with its HA Insomnia and max IVs in Attack and Defense.

Yesterday - Decided to power through a Fire safari in order to get the Shiny Ponyta I was trying to find a few months ago. First Shiny was a male Slugma after 329 encounters, and 426 encounters after that, I finally got the blue-flamed horse! Has its HA Flame Body, max IVs in Defense and Speed with a Jolly nature, while the Slugma has its HA as well (Weak Armor), also Jolly, but with max IVs in HP and Attack. The Slugma also means Community Hunt Complete!

I'm currently on Route 20 giving Horde Hunting a go (chain fishing sounds so easy, but I can't for the life of me get it right). Sitting at around 300 hordes so far, hoping for Trevenant to go with my Phantump (Sudowoodo would be great too, but considering I'm playing X, I doubt that'll be the one that shines). Once found, it'll complete my first full PC box of self-caught/obtained Shinies! Good luck to all others out there hunting.

Last edited: