• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Crabthuluhu on Reshiram, ClipOwl on Totodile, Cyberra on Munchlax, FairWitch on Fletchling, Cyberra on Ledyba, Regi_Rocks on Bulbasaur and Dratini, Echo Nacyl on Shieldon, Cyberra on Weedle, Kelv on Bulbasaur, Lexya428 on Torchic, LilyValley on Magikarp, Regi_Rocks on Ralts, Blasting Toise on Totodile, oarfish on Honedge, Phillies on Golbat, Alexander18 on Tympole, Crabthuluhu on Pumpkaboo, LilyValley on Gothita, Supremacy on Mew, TheEliteEmpoleon on Ho-Oh, Echo Nacyl on Karrablast, shinycharizard06 on Dratini, LilyValley on Gothita, jrmftw, Zenn of Ascension on Lombre, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, ClipOwl :)

-----------

Still haven’t finished training up Lopunny, but I’m slowly working on it – at Lv. 87 atm. My hunts aren’t being too generous atm, however. Black 2 is at 20,500 REs, Platinum is at 6,000 REs, and HeartGold is at 8,700 REs. Platinum and HeartGold aren’t too bad yet, but I’m getting nervous…I'm also at 2,200 SRs for Charmander and 6,700 SRs for Chimchar.

Good luck, everyone (especially TheMaster327, G-Money, Martinzqx, CharlieDoryRose, Supremacy, umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
:D And my first ever starter SR has ended!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/929_zpsg9wkkten.jpg[/img139]

After 2,981 soft resets, a golden firechick appears on my screen. And it's a FEMALE! She's impish and has good perseverance, with the standard Blaze ability.

I think I'm going to turn AS into a badge quest, my first try at one. Now to decide what to hunt for next, and how.

Maniac Tunnel is at 7,600 REs.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much on shiny news for me this week, though I've been quad hunting at night. Caught yet another shiny magickarp in AlphaSapphire while searching for a tentacool, hopefully the jellyfish shines soon. Then I caught a fresh shiny I haven't had before on OmegaRuby on a Mirage spot, a shiny zebstrika. :D Right now I'm hunting in a cave with onix and tynamo on OmegaRuby. If I don't have a sore neck by the time I'm done from trying to make sure I don't miss sparkles on a tynamo, I'll be surprised, I keep whipping my head over so fast. I've checked the pokedex several times as well, so I know I haven't missed a shiny one.

LilyValley

Useless Sceptile
I was out today and had a nice surprise, as I started on a new target last night. Shiny Uxie appeared on my screen, and it had to be less than 150 resets. It took some minutes (and I was unsure how it would turn out as I had to put it to sleep 13 times) but I caught it, and synchronize for a Bold nature worked! And the IVs are 31/20-23/31/26-27/31/12-13, which is very nice, especially for St. Patrick's Day.

I will move on to resetting for Azelf by tonight. Let's hope that when I get around to capturing it, it won't be as nerve wracking.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Well tonight, I've passed triple odds in my hunt for Chingling/Bronzor. Now at 24,700 REs and still nothing. I'm hoping it shines before 30k, otherwise I don't know what I'll do.

Congrats on the recent shinies, guys! And good luck to those still hunting like me! :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After getting my torchic, I started in on the storyline and got my first gym badge. Spent all afternoon fiddling with the DexNav, trying for a shiny taillow, but I have no repels so I kept running into carp I don't want (*cough*zigzagoon*cough*) so instead I retrieved a Suction Cups lileep from Pokebank and went fishing. Gyarados if my preferred water-type and I wanted to get one going as quickly as possible. After 63 casts, a golden magikarp appeared on the end of my line. He's lonely and quick to flee, with Swift Swim. I caught him at lvl 10; currently he's lvl 13.

I'm over on route 109, going to deliver those parts I retrieved from Team Aqua in Slateport City. Then I'll figure out where I want to hunt for my third shiny.

Edit: After some thought, I'm gonna head up to Mauville City and get the bikes, then use the static trick to hunt for voltorb or hopefully electrike on route 110.

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Cyberra on Torchic, LilyValley on Uxie, and everyone else on your shinies!

-----------

Meh. After 6,141 REs on Platinum, and on the 141st RE of the day, my game gave me the completely-unwanted shiny Bibarel.

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/a7uaARs.jpg[/IMG200]

I know Bibarel is 30% here, but… That’s still 70% chance for something that doesn’t suck -_- I already have a Bibarel that I found as a Bidoof a few years ago during my BQ (which I wanted at the time), then found another Bidoof last year (again, one I wanted to complete the line), but then found a 29k Bidoof in the fall, and now this Bibarel…35k total REs that could have contributed to something worthwhile…

This one is male (so I guess I at least now have the line completed for both genders…yay?), Gentle, Simple ability, with the IVs: 27 - 24 - 27 - 2 - 18 - 4. Hopefully no more Bibarel for the rest of this hunt (or Bidoof at night). If I have to get duplicates, hopefully it’s of Roselia since it’s at least a better shiny (and I still need 1 to complete the line). Onto phase 2.

OMG REDEMPTION. Well, sort of…My Platinum will still require its own redemption, but…Anyways, on the 307th RE of the day (and my 7th RE since getting home from work), my HeartGold gave me a shiny Voltorb after 9,007 REs!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/jWtokLp.jpg[/IMG200]

This one is Impish with Static and has the following IVs: 9 - 3 - 13 - 29 - 2 - 13. Given the nature plus the good Sp. Atk. IV, I’ll likely evolve this one. But I think for now I’ll leave it unevolved and make sure the next Voltorb I find isn’t better. Might change my mind before then though. Gonna continue hunting here for my next Voltorb (and I’ll be leading with this beautiful new shiny)!

Good luck, everyone (especially TheMaster327, G-Money, Martinzqx, CharlieDoryRose, Supremacy, umbreonfan3636, Keane, SheroGH, ChaoticInverse, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Whilst trying to find shiny Munna in FS I found a shiny espurr still trying to find one I also got a oval charm on X so going for shiny charm over easter

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats to:
taufik386, Cyberra, PKMN Trainer Gray, Echo Nacyl, NintendoFan82, SmeargleRocks, DJW94, Tagi, Typhlox, the ash man83, CharlieDoryRose, Italianbaptist, wobbanut, shinycharizard06, shiny_hunter5, Ampharos_Spark, Vale_Star, Phillies, LilyValley, PokeAmi, Laurelai, Cyclone, CpChris, Team Volt Grunt, Doomdour, Fleckihund, WhiteBlair, Kanethedragon, Hokker, Airid, Lunafloon, ClipOwl, Mudster, camhines4, FairyWitch, Regi_Rocks, Kelv, Crabthuluhu, Lexya428, Blasting Toise, oarfish, Alexander18, Supremacy (Awesome Mew! :D), TheEliteEmpoleon, Mrs.Oreo, jrmftw, free7694, Zenn of Ascension, Dragon trainer and anyone I might've missed on your shinies!

@SkyMew: I hope you can reclaim Mewtwo soon! It's easy to forget about DS games not using the home menu in the same way as 3DS games, especially when you're really used to pressing that home button :(. I have to remind myself to just close the 3DS lid instead.

BQ Target 5: Numel (MM) and Community Hunt Complete!

On the 9th March, I had what is currently my quickest MM completion ever! After only 357 eggs, I thought I'd hatched a Shiny Numel, which I say because I honestly wasn't sure at first, and thought my eyes might be tricking me XD. Once I looked at the summary screen however, there was was no doubt- only shock!

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00703.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00705.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00709.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00712.jpg[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00715.jpg[/IMG300] [IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Shinies%202015/DSC00714.jpg[/IMG300]

I named him Murtagh, after a certain character from the Inheritance Cycle books :). Used Everstone for the Modest nature, and got some nice IVs too with 31 in Sp Att. I've already evolved him into a Camerupt, which has one of my favourite shiny colours ever <3.

I've now started the tricky job of SRing the story Latias, at a very small starting number of 5 SRs lol. I'm determined to stick to it, but I can only hope it doesn't drag on too long with the dialogue and battle you have to go through!

Good luck everyone on your hunts! ^_^

TheMaster327

At LAST. 25,246 REs and my Platinum finally relents a shiny!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd39sMwW4AA35yt.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd4BDl1WAAEo__I.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd4BDl3XIAAeAeS.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Bronzor! It's Lax nature, which is not bad, and has Levitate, which I feel is the better of the two abilities in my opinion. Also got some fairly decent IVs: 0 - 4 / 21 - 26 / 10 - 15 / 15 - 20 / 3 - 9 / 26. Could be a decent tank! :)

So glad I can finally move on now! Next hunt might take a while to set up. I plan on SRing Munchlax. I know the honey tree that it can be found by using a calculator, so much of my weekend will be looking for that 1% chance. Once I get a Munchlax, though, I'll be set!

Good luck everyone on their hunts, and may this encourage you to never give up, and persevere! :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
congrats shinycharizard06 on dratini,lilyvalley on gothita(glad it finally hatched :3) and uxie,jrmftw on all those shinies listed,free on cottonee,Blasting Toise on pancham,Nintendo on Pinsir,zenn on lombre,Cyberra on torchic(amazing first starter sr and female too 0_0) and magikarp,woobanut on magikarp,Cpchris on voltorb,Dragon Trainer on Munna,Ambri on numel,TheMaster327 on that bronzor(simply awesome ^_^)!

thanks for everyone that congrat me on my first fletchling :3

so my hunt continues for gale wing shiny fletchling which I stored another 300 eggs three to four days ago and in that 300 eggs I hatched another shiny fletchling on the 5th egg which technically it was 305th egg and it was still big pecks -_____- *sigh* he is adamant nature 4 iv big pecks which I stored up another 300 eggs hopefully I don't go mad if I hatch another one and its not gale wings again >.< I will be trading the second shiny male off. I think I feel your pain cyberra on the friend safari hunt for phantump but keep getting golurks >.< but my problem is the dang big peck ability on fletchling >.<

good luck to all that is still hunting ^_^

Echo Nacyl

Intentionally MM'ing this time, I got a shiny Litwick after only a few dozen eggs. He's Timid, x/31/31/31/31/31. Unfortunately, I did not get the HA, and am thus continuing the search.

Airid

Earlier this week I caught a shiny Shelgon from a Friend Safari (Not even 5 encounters! It wasn't even what I was looking for again)

I have no clue when I'll resume my Togepi MM, though I need to resume it soon or else I'll forget about it.

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
So it appears I haven't actually posted here since September 2014, which is... much longer than I thought. Wow.

Congrats to everyone here who's gotten a shiny over the past year and a half, and good luck on all hunts! :p

I think I burnt myself out quite a bit with shiny hunting the last time I was here. I mean, I go through phases of hunting a lot then not hunting for ages anyway, but it did take me a while to continue hunting after last time. (Plus ORAS came out so I was preoccupied by those for a while too.)

As it stands, out of the four hunts I was planning or was in the middle of last time, two of them are cancelled and the other two are still ongoing. My Lugia hunt is still ongoing in SS, though I haven't touched it much since I took a break from it (and I stopped counting SRs as it was making it much less fun for me). My Heracross MM hunt (originally supposed to be a side hunt) is now at a ridiculous number of eggs - I'm not sure of the exact number but I'm pretty positive it's at least 2000, and counting. I'm starting to think all Heracross are shiny locked in my X game. :p My FireRed hunt for Squirtle was cancelled as I couldn't wait to actually start the game and play through it (still need to finish actually), may consider hunting something on it in future. And the hunt for Tepig on Black was cancelled as the SRs were taking too long and I recently got the urge to replay that game too.

I have had a couple of shinies in the past few months, though. I managed to successfully SR for a shiny Zekrom on AS a couple of months back, which is awesome. I nearly missed it as well as I didn't see the sparkles. And then while I was training up my team in OR (since I decided I'd play without using the Exp. Share this time) using the DexNav, I came across an awesome shiny Absol with 3IVs which I plan on training at some point. There's also Rayquaza and Charizard from their respective shiny events but they don't really count. :p

I guess I should also report my fail from a couple of weeks ago too when I was hunting for shiny Latios in AS. It shone... the battle went on for ages... it didn't stay in any of the balls I threw at it... I was considering using my Master Ball but thought I'd give it a few more turns (I thought it still had some PP left)... it struggled... :'( Not my proudest moment.

I'm currently focusing on hunting Reshiram now in OR to go with my Zekrom from AS and Kyurem from Black, and I'm also hatching more Heracross eggs in the hopes that I may be able to actually do something else in X one of these days (I know I can just go do something else anyway, but I'm now too stubborn to not get this damn Heracross). Aside from that I'll probably try to reclaim Latios soon, but my rear is still a bit bruised from that one for the moment.

I'll try and stick around for a bit now and keep you guys updated. Good luck again to everyone on your hunts! :D

EDIT: Just remembered that I also did a couple of horde hunts last year resulting in a shiny Klefki in X and Plusle in AS (think I may have done another one too but I can't remember right now - I'll check my games tomorrow), so there's that.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I've hatched several more eggs for my main shiny hunt, plus I've been looking for shinies at the Friend safari these past two days on both my X and Y games but I've had no luck finding any there sadly. I did some chain fishing on Omega Ruby as well and I might do some more shiny hunting via this method tonight also since I'll have free time. ^^

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to:
Cyberra on Munchlax, Absol, Sableye, Ledyba, Diggersby, Weedle, Torchic; Hokker on Helioptile; Mudster on Heatmor; camhines4 on Cubone and Sneasel; FairyWitch on Fletchling; wobbanut on Sunkern, Swablu, Magikarp, Buneary and Zebstrika; Regi_Rocks on Bulbasaur, Dratini and Ralts; Doomdour on Torchic and Poochyena; Kelv on Togepi, Slugma and Bulbasaur; Echo Nacyl on Shieldon, Karrablast and Litwick; Crabthuluhu on Remoraid, Magikarp and Pumpkaboo; Lexya428 on Torchic; LilyValley on Magikarp and Gothita; Blasting Toise on Totodile and Pancham; oarfish on Honedge and Dratini; Phillies on Tyrogue, Raticate, Rattata, Deerling, Joltik and Golbat; Alexander18 on Tympole; Supremacy on Mew (!!!); TheEliteEmpoleon on Ho-oh;Mrs. Oreo on Wailmer; shinycharizard06 on Dratini; jrmftw on Zubat, Absol, Luvdisc, Helioptile, Machop and Gulpin; free7694 on Cottonee; NintendoFan82 on Pinsir; Zenn of Ascension on Lombre; Cpchris on Bibarel (maybe?) and Voltorb; Dragon trainer on Munna; Ambri on Numel; TheMaster327 on Bronzor; Airid on Shelgon; yoshi007 on Absol, Klefki and Plusle

So after 731 eggs Cottonee shone:

[img300]http://i.imgur.com/JPn0cUT.png[/img300]

She's bold with a spread of 31/31/31/7/31/31... a disappointing special attack stat there. I need to hatch a second one though to have a complete line so hopefully that one will have a more appealing spread.

I also finally hatched my Sheer Force Totodile after another 253 eggs, and he's got a spread of x/31/31/31/31/31. So that's Community Hunt complete x2 (3?)! Also a complete Totodile line c:

Still hunting Latias, she's at about 3500 encounters so far.

Good luck to everyone with their hunts!

Hokker

I feel ya

I envy anyone with the patience to MM shinies. I tried MM-ing one time, and I got annoyed and quit after about 90 Eevee. Heh.

I did kind of like the Radar on Gen 4, but even that got to be an exercise in frustration.

I know what you mean. I was MMing for a abra for my daughter. and I spent many many many (too many) hours hatching abras and after about a month of at least 2-5 hours a day almost every day I finally got one. It looks so cool in mega form with it's pink fur. But while I was hatching I was so frustrated. Now I have to safari hunt for an ivysaur for me this time!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congrats to Doomdour on Froakie, Torchic, and Poochyena, Fleckihund on Eevee and Charmander, WhiteBlair on Growlithe, shinycharizard06 on Mareep and Dratini, Phillies on Frillish, Seel, Bouffalant, Tropius, Tyrogue, Raticate x2, Rattata x2, Deerling, Joltik, and Golbat, Kanethedragon on Froakie, Hokker on Wingull, Shuppet, Helioptile, and Abra, Airid on Piloswine and Shelgon, Cyberra on Ivysaur, Munchlax, Absol, Sableye, Ledyba, Diggersby, Weedle, Torchic, and Magikarp, Crabthuluhu on Aron, Zubat x2, Reshiram, Remoraid, Magikarp, and Pumpkaboo, Lunafloon on Combee and Flabebe, ClipOwl on Totodile and Cottonee, Mudster on Heatmor, camhines4 on Cubone x3 and Sneasel, FairyWitch on Fletchling x2, wobbanut on Sunkern, Swablu, Magikarp x2, Buneary, and Zebstrika, Regi_Rocks on Bulbasaur, Dratini, and Ralts, Kelv on Togepi and Bulbasaur (I agree on Togepi not being very noticeable but shinies like Seel and Garchomp are worse IMO), Echo Nacyl on Shieldon, Karrablast, and Litwick, Lexya248 on Torchic, LilyValley on Magikarp, Gothita x3, and Uxie, Blasting Toise on Totodile and Pancham, oarfish on Honedge x2 and Dratini, Alexander18 on Tympole, Supremacy on Mew, TheEliteEmpoleon on Ho-Oh, Mrs. Oreo on Wailmer, jrmftw on Zubat, Absol, Luvdisc, Helioptile, Machop, and Gulpin, free7694 on Cottonee, NintendoFan82 on Pinsir, Zenn of Ascension on Lombre, Cpchris on Bibarel and Voltorb, Dragon trainer on Espurr, Ambri on Numel, TheMaster327 on Bronzor, yoshi007 on Zekrom, Absol, Klefki, and Plusle (sorry about the Latios though, but welcome back!), and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Welp, after 2 1/2 months, I finally come bearing shiny news! Yesterday I was relaxing after just having finished finals (only a few more months to go before I graduate and get to be done with school for a long while!), and was dual hunting Vulpix and Latios while watching Pokken Tournament footage (anyone else have the game? It's tons of fun even though I suck at it : P). I was getting discouraged with Latios since I'd gone over odds not too long ago, but lo and behold, after 4521 total run aways, I got a shiny Latios! It was a total shock when it appeared - I wasn't expecting it at all - but I was so happy that I finally broke my drought. The capture wasn't too bad but I freaked out a little bit when I realized Latios had only 45 PP and not 75 (I had been looking at the XY moveset instead of the ORAS one). Once it was at 1 HP and paralyzed, I started throwing Dive Balls, and it took maybe 20-25 attempts to finally stick. I didn't give it a name this time, but it has an Impish nature (lol) and perfect IVs in all but HP and Special Attack (but it's only "relatively superior," meaning those stats are terrible... oh well, I've never been lucky with my non-MM natures/stats). It's still a shiny freakin' Latios that looks awesome in its Mega form. : D And for the first time, I've managed to complete a legendary duo, over two years after I got Latias in SoulSilver. Not a bad day at all ^_^

I'm not sure what my next hunt will be in Alpha Sapphire - I have an Azelf hunt on hold from quite a while ago, but I also wouldn't mind going for Zekrom so I can hunt for Kyurem at some point, and Thundurus is on my list as well. Between the last few months of school and my other hunts, though, I don't know that I'll actually have time to take on a 4th hunt until summer, but we'll see. Speaking of my other hunts, Route 111 is at 7200 REs, Volcarona is at 6000 SRs, and Vulpix is at 2600 REs.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Supremacy on Shinx!

Blasting Toise

Congrats everyone and good luck for your shiny hunts. I'm currently hunting shiny Ekans via MM and no luck after more than 20 boxes... got shiny Weepingbell from horde though trying to find Arbok that way and also shiny Meditite from friend safari.

TheEliteEmpoleon

So since Ho-Oh, I went and tried a few spots for horde shines, but I just couldn't stick with it knowing that there are still legendaries out there for me to SR. I decided to go for Suicune next, given that I'm pretty hyped about using it in Pokken.
It also got me thinking: maybe the next CH could be for pokémon that are in pokken. Could make for a good variety of options in my opinion.