• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your ongoing hunts!

I was dual hunting Snorunt (MM on Y and RE on OR). It finally shined on OR. Cute charm worked, so I got the female I wanted. Now to evolve her into a Frosslass.

I was looking through the pokedex and realized there are very few targets left for me. I started a hunt for Meowth and it shined in less than 100 eggs. I am now MM hunting Ekans on Y and RE hunting Duskull on OR.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well...
I have been dual hunting on my two 3DS's lately. Here is my current report.

X Version--Friend Safaris:
I caught all of these shinies in the past few days from various friend safaris.

Cloyster
Delibird (x4) (yes, four shiny Delibirds)
Bergmite (x2)
Dedenne
Swirlix (x2)
Meditite
Hariyama
Pancham (x2)
Braixen

I plan on continuing going through some more friend safaris.

Meanwhile, on my other 3DS (on my AS Version), I am now at 1,300 eggs total for Dratini. My last shiny was...mid-March. Come on...

Anyways, good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: I just caught a shiny Pupitar in another friend safari. Ok then.
EDIT 2: Make that two shiny Pupitars.
EDIT 3: And a shiny Barbaracle from that same friend safari.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I did more soft resets this weekend for a shiny Azelf, but no luck thus far. I did some chain fishing as well in both Omega Ruby and X too, but I haven't gotten any bites either hee hee. ^^; I think I'll take a break from my shiny hunting for now and just resume these hunts this coming weekend. Well good luck to everyone else in the meantime. :3

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So when are those shiny Xerneas and Yveltal events gonna be available in New Zealand? Also, what do you think your favorite shiny is?

Ajduk

It has been ages since I've been here xD
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies. I'm currently trying to get a 6 IV inkay to then breed with my 6 IV JAP Ditto in hopes of getting a competitive shiny.
I've encountered 2 shiny Heatrans, but they were bad so I let them go :p

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Especially Zenn of Ascension (Aerodactyl) on probably the longest SR I have ever heard of for a shiny pokemon!

I decided to have a little go at my pokemon X game today after hearing all the news about Sun and Moon.
So, after a smooth run of pokeradar chaining in Santalune forest, a shiny Fletchling popped up at a chain of 40.
The little guy has 'superior potential' and 3 perfect IVs! Pretty cool :)

Anyways, good luck to all those still hunting and as always...

May the Shine Be With You!

TheBuckeye11

Shiny Hunter
Finally! After almost 4 weeks without a shiny I find a shiny Ponyta in the friend safari. Pretty excited about that.

V

Shiny Hunter
Today I found and caught a shiny Caterpie. I wasn't looking at the screen and thought I saw yellow in the corner of my eye, and when I looked back it was sparkling. Now my shiny badge quest can continue!

Team:
Ripley - female - shiny Totodile
Zim - male - shiny Butterfree

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Here's a question: who's your favorite shiny who's still got the same color(eg a different shade of blue)? For me, it's Glaceon; I feel the whiter blue really complements it being an Ice Pokemon

jean010

Shiny Hunter
Well it was a week ago that I finally managed to fill the Dex and get the shiny charm in Pokemon X after a friend gifted it to me. As soon as I got it the first thing I wanted to do was to use MM in order to get my first shiny in the 6th Generation. The Pokemon I chose was Bulbasaur since that was my first Pokemon ever back in Pokemon Red.

And after 593 eggs the shiny finally hatched! A female Bulbasaur with Modest nature, her hidden ability and 31/31/31/31/X/31 Ivs spread. I named her Eve

And now that I got the shiny of my first ever starter I decided to hunt for my most recent starter: Froakie. I just hope I manage to get it with Protean

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I got him!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/965_zpsjrqamath.jpg[/img139]

After 8,528 soft resets, a blue-maned water-dog leaped from the mysterious ring to face me. I immediately put him to sleep, then used False Swipe twice to get him down to 1HP and started chucking dive balls. Finally he consented to staying inside one :D He's so beautiful. His name is the latin name for Boreas, the Greek god of the North Wind.

Up next is raikou. I just wish fast balls or level balls were a thing in ORAS; shiny raikou would look amazing in one.

Hokker

Congrats to all those successful hunts! I MM for a shiny aron and got 4 shiny Xerneas (I have X,Y,and ORAS) and while wondertrading the castoffs from my MM search for a shiny mareep someone traded me a shiny LVL 100 perfect IV Talonflame! Yes I know it is most likely hacked but it was a nice surprise. I am also still trying for a shiny wartortle in a friend safari without luck. Oh well, I keep trying...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Not much shiny news from me this week. On White 2 I managed to snag a shiny beartic (my second), and got another shiny psyduck in a horde on Y. I've still got my fingers crossed on getting spinarak and Meowth on HG and SS soon.

And I can't wait for the new games to come out. Rowlet looks so adorable. ^_^ It may end up belonging to the rare class of grass starters I use, with the chikorita and turtwig lines.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to all the recent shinies!

So I took a break from my Dratini MM on my AS Version to do some chain fishing.
This morning, I caught a shiny Magikarp on that version. I now have 5 self-caught shiny Magikarps. Woo.

Meanwhile, on my X Version, I have not found any more shinies since yesterday. I am still in the same friend safari, hoping to find some shiny Nosepasses.

Good luck to everyone else!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So I was going to update the CH completion for May, and turns out I haven't even update the CH for May >_<

I was going to do it before the Sun/Moon starter reveal, but I guess the hype made me forget to do it.......

Anyway, there was only 1 suggestion and since there's no time left, I decided that 1 suggestion is the CH for May.

Now that we have CH for May, you all may (lol) PM me ideas for June CH :)

Nyter

Island Challenger
I got him!

[img139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/965_zpsjrqamath.jpg[/img139]

After 8,528 soft resets, a blue-maned water-dog leaped from the mysterious ring to face me. I immediately put him to sleep, then used False Swipe twice to get him down to 1HP and started chucking dive balls. Finally he consented to staying inside one :D He's so beautiful. His name is the latin name for Boreas, the Greek god of the North Wind.

Up next is raikou. I just wish fast balls or level balls were a thing in ORAS; shiny raikou would look amazing in one.

Did you really count how many soft resets you did? I would have lost count by like 17 lol

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Did you really count how many soft resets you did? I would have lost count by like 17 lol

It's actually very easy to keep track. If your computer has a calculator (Which I would be very surprised if it didn't), you can use that. Personally, I use that or my phone.

Congrats to everyone for Shinies since I last posted!

So, it's been a few months since I last posted, despite me getting multiple shinies. I'll get into why in a sec. On February 1, I managed to get a Shiny Nosepass in just 12 hordes. It's now a Probopass in my Pokemon Bank. After that, I decided to go for Goldeen in Y, which appeared on a chain of 31. A few days after that, I decided to continue my paused hunt for Uxie. It appeared after 225 SR's and was my 100th Gen VI Shiny. Then came my third Shiny Poliwhirl, which I evolved into a Politoed the other night, on a chain of 50. Then, at 116 in the same chain, a Shiny Red Basculin appeared. After that, I decided to get the fifth Pokemon in my Alpha Sapphire Badge Quest. After 733 hordes, a Shiny Whismur appeared and is now an Exploud. Next, I went for a fourth Shiny Feebas because I wanted to use one on my team in Alpha Sapphire. After only 28 encounters, I managed to get one and evolved it the traditional way. My last Shiny of February was a Rufflet after 212 DexNav encounters in my Omega Ruby. And then Fire Emblem Fates came out and took away all of my desire to hunt for Shinies. Until the other day, at least. This morning, though, I found a Shiny Vulpix after 866 DexNav encounters in my Alpha Sapphire, making it the seventh on my Badge Quest.

Currently going after Shiny Latios, which is something I'd planned on doing before I even thought of doing a Badge Quest.

EDIT: Whoa! After only 363 encounters, I just got a Shiny Latios! I really wasn't expecting it today, but I am glad it didn't take as long as Latias did. I'm not sure which Legendary I plan on going for before taking on the Elite Four. It's between Zekrom and Lugia, as I have both Reshiram and Ho-Oh already.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

7,750 SRs now for Munchlax. Did 1,450 of those today, so not bad progress :)

Congrats on the recent shinies, especially Cyberra on that Suicune :)

Zenn of Ascension

So after about ~3,700 RE (lost track for a bit), I encountered another shiny Sandshrew on my Ruby Badge Quest.

Encounter

Summary

Disappointed that I got another Sandshrew, instead of a Trapinch that has the same exact odds as Sandshrew in the area. I guess I'll stay in the area and keep trying to get something other than a shiny Sandshrew, preferably a Trapinch. Decided to hunt the SR Hypno in Berry Forest for my last pokemon in my Leaf Green Badge Quest since I feel like it would round out the team well. Currently sitting at 2,160 SR for it. Excited to finally finish this Badge Quest because I have a interesting hunt that I've wanted to do in Leaf Green's post game for some time. Congrats to everyone who found a shiny recently and good luck on everyone hunting!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I got him!

Woot! Congrats! :)

Finally ran into a shiny Muk! It's a male one, so I named it Donald Trump. Oddly enough though, his nature doesn't match the real one :p.

I'm now working on hunting for a shiny Trapinch.

Last edited: