• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Did you really count how many soft resets you did? I would have lost count by like 17 lol

*waves handheld tally counter at you* I use this to track my SRs. I have another one I use for RE hunts and egg hatching. So technically I didn't count my SRs, the click counter did. Very handy little gizmos.

I've set up in front of raikou and am just over 800 soft resets for my electric tiger.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
2 days ago was my lucky day. While I was EV training on ORAS, I found a shiny Zigzagoon. After I was done, I switched to my Y version to get myself a Modest Feebast, and after 10 eggs I got a shiny modest one. I jumped my chair out of joy after that one!

Echo Nacyl

Grats to everyone on their new shinies, especially to Cyberra on that stubborn Suicune.

I've been breeding Tropius since my last post, but no shiny yet. Currently at roughly 550 eggs.

Shiny Lord

Hatched a shiny Bagon on egg 2 in omega ruby which makes it my quickest mm ever. Ivs and nature are not good though
#371 Bagon [Bold]
IVs: 10 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 20 - 31 / 21, 26, 31 / 0 - 31
Stats at Lv.1: 12 / 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 / 6

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I had a busy time the last couple days quad hunting. I managed to find a second shiny palpitoad on White 2, and a shiny murkrow (my first) in a horde on Y.

Unfortunately, before the shiny murkrow, I encountered a shiny graveller and lost it to self-destruct. :'( At least I have a couple more shiny geodudes and a shiny golem, so all is not lost, but it still sucks to lose one.

Mienfoomaster

Just got back into Pokemon after a three year break and started shiny hunting and found a shiny porygon after 4 days of sr for like 2 hours a day! Also found a shiny cyndaquil after week. (Didn't count SR's for them as I was too lazy)

Last edited:

Blackkyurem

This forum is still alive? I'm impressed. I've gotten back into Pokémon after over a one year leave. I think I'm going to try shiny hunting as soon as I beat OR again! Question: Can you find a shiny Groundon in OR?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This forum is still alive? I'm impressed. I've gotten back into Pokémon after over a one year leave. I think I'm going to try shiny hunting as soon as I beat OR again! Question: Can you find a shiny Groundon in OR?

No. It is shiny-locked as well as Kyogre in AS, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

SkyMew

Hatched a Shiny Treecko just a while ago!

I also encountered and caught a Shiny Munna on Friend Safari, three days ago.

This month has been very lucky for me. Three Shinies so far, unless I include the Shedinja I got while evolving my Shiny Nincada.

DaggerY

Collector
I've had a lot of luck with shinies before, but like any other hunter I've had my lows too, like now and need motivation (losing a game cartridge with all your shinies doesn't help either).

In my OR I have been trying to hatch a shiny Mudkip via Masuda Method with shiny charm and still no luck at 1925 eggs. Anyone have any perseverance stories to share?

So I may have put my Badge Quest on hiatus, but I don't think my copy of SoulSilver got the memo.

I was training earlier for Jasmine in my Nuzlocke outside of the Safari Zone, when I managed to find a shiny Fearow! Considering I lost a Fearow a while back, I immediately threw an Ultra Ball, but failed. However, using my Bellossom to Paralyse it and weaken it a bit was enough to let me capture it. I nicknamed him Osiris (though I did consider Ra). He's Adamant, and though I raised him a level, I caught him at level 21.

I'll see if I can post a pic later.

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
First off congrats to everyone on their shinies! Especially WishIhadaManafi5 on Suicune!

WOW, to my utter shock and amazement, I just encountered my very first random shiny pokemon.
After having just finished catching a shiny Chatot on a pokeradar chain of 40 in Azure Bay, I decided to try
chaining on route 22, seeing as I am getting quite adept at the pokeradar (check sig). So there I am and suddenly...
BOOM, on a chain of only 2, out pops a surprise shiny patch with a lovely little green 3IV Azurill in it!
I literally couldn't believe my eyes seeing as I have never ever had a luck encounter like that, not even in the
friend safari. Aaaanyway, I'm well pleased!!

So good luck to all those still hunting and as always...

May the Shine Be With You!

[Edit: Just pokeradared my second shiny pikachu at a chain of 40! That makes 3 shiny pokemon in one day!)

Last edited:

Mienfoomaster

Omg I can not believe my luck! I started hunting for abra in the heart gold game corner, and after only 107 resets, my 539th abra was shiny!!!! I was so not expecting it as I had just started yesterday!

It seems that my return to Pokemon has greeted me with many well under odds shinies.

Phillies

Congratulations to everyone on their new shinies.

I caught the following shinies this week. Unown O, W, I, J, Mime Jr., Carbink, 2 Vanillite & Durant. I am down to only needing 8 Unown to have the complete set. Unfortunately I am at the point where I am starting to get a lot of doubles.

Good luck to everyone on their current and future hunts.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well this weekend I focused more on my shiny Azelf hunt and did 482 soft resets, which isn't alot unfortunately hee hee. ^^; I would've done more, but I was doing some random shiny searches via Sweet Scent plus some chain fishing too, so I lost track of time and didn't progress much on my main shiny hunt. I'll keep trying tomorrow afternoon tho.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies! :)

Just ran into a shiny Trapinch. Been wanting one of these forever. Named it Han Solo. It caught me off guard. And he's so cute!

Been noticing a pattern via the Friend Safari too in a way. It seems as if a shiny shows up approximately every 3 days.

Onto hunting for a shiny Ariados.

First off congrats to everyone on their shinies! Especially WishIhadaManafi5 on Suicune!

WOW, to my utter shock and amazement, I just encountered my very first random shiny pokemon.
After having just finished catching a shiny Chatot on a pokeradar chain of 40 in Azure Bay, I decided to try
chaining on route 22, seeing as I am getting quite adept at the pokeradar (check sig). So there I am and suddenly...
BOOM, on a chain of only 2, out pops a surprise shiny patch with a lovely little green 3IV Azurill in it!
I literally couldn't believe my eyes seeing as I have never ever had a luck encounter like that, not even in the
friend safari. Aaaanyway, I'm well pleased!!

So good luck to all those still hunting and as always...

May the Shine Be With You!

[Edit: Just pokeradared my second shiny pikachu at a chain of 40! That makes 3 shiny pokemon in one day!)

That was Cyberra's. I quoted it. But I did sr for one in Soul Silver. Got it around 50 srs. It was after I was in the Safari Zone in that game and I ran into a shiny Weezing. It ran before I could get it :(.

Last edited:

Ajduk

hatched an shiny adamatn contrary 31/31/27/31/31/31 inkay after 358 eggs :)
Currently preparing to hatch 450 dratini eggs in search for a shiny HA dratini :)

Spellweaver

I just got shiny Latios on Alpha Sapphire... still thinking of a name for him, I didn't expect to get him this quickly, even with the shiny charm. Any suggestions?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Finally had some luck on my HeartGold game repel trick. I was hoping for a shiny spinarak in my second try outside Ecruteak City... and I got a second shiny stantler. :p I'm not complaining, at least it didn't take forever to find like my shiny zubat in Ilex Forest did (that took MONTHS, this took a few weeks).

I'll try one more round by Ecruteak for shiny spinarak. If I get a third stantler, or yet another hoothoot, or anything else, I'll switch to MM'ing. I'm determined to get spinarak and pidgey off my most wanted list.