• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I recently started a Shiny Badge Quest on my Alpha Sapphire. Doing it starterless as well, so I had to do encounters for my first shiny instead of SR's.

After around 3-4 long uneventful days of hunting in the route before Petalburg via Dexnav, I got a Shiny Lotad to pop out! I was hoping for either that, Ralts, or Zigzagoon, but mainly was hoping for the Lotad. Nicknamed him Bonanza and moved on to defeat Roxanne, which was stupidly easy with a Water/Grass type x)

Then I went to go hunt in Granite Cave for Aron/Sableye but found I needed a bike to do so, so I went to the route after Rustboro and before the tunnel, within about 50-60 Dexnav encounters I got me Shiny Nincada.(When I evolved it into Ninjask and Shedinja, I still counted it as 1 shiny) Yet again, got another I wanted! Nicknamed Ninjask Zoom and Shedinja Halo. Brawly was somewhat easy, but I didn't have any SE moves to use on him. :/

A day later, I begin hunting for Gulpin and in 254 dexnav encounters it sparkled. Captured him and named him Glutton, Wattson was a pain, but after taking out Voltorb, Shedinja easily wiped Magnemite and Magneton.

I'm now hunting for Skarmory/Spinda/Sandshrew before the 4th gym. Hoping for Sandshrew, as Sandslash is my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon.

jean010

Shiny Hunter
Well this one was quicker. After only 339 eggs I got the shiny Froakie. Male, 31/31/31/x/31/31 ivs, Modest nature and Protean!

Now just for fun (and for my love of Grass Pokemon) I decided to do the CH by hunting a Snivy

Good luck for everyone on their hunts and congrats on your shinies!

Laurelai

Grats to the owners of new shines, and in particular jean010 for the protean froggie!! I love it when a shiny pops with the ability you want :D

I like to post pix of my newly caught shinies, but currently I am trapped at a mirage island portal SRing for Suicune, so I can't. However, that being said, I have 3 new shinies this week! Very productive! I mm'd a Mawile after being beaten to bits by one in a free battle- decided I needed one :D Then I managed to SR Entei in about 200 SRs with my timid sync successful. 40 SRs later, Raiku pops and the adamant sync works! Now I am camping Suicune and thinking that he will make me pay for the other two quick SRs lol. Happy hunting all!!

*Edited for pix! :D*

[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Entei.jpg_zpsogxgbzjb.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Raiku.jpg_zpsxxtppb7u.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Suicune.jpg_zpsxiedqxo3.png[/img139]

There they are :) My elemental dogs- the names are their elements in other languages; lightning, fire and water. I got it off the internet, so it must be true :D (for all I know, they could be translated "toothbrush", "pickle" and "shoehorn" lol) Ok! Continuing with MMing Hawlucha.

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Alright, first of all, congratulations to all you guys on getting shiny Pokemon, and, good luck to those still hunting. I recently completed the Pokedex in Pokemon X and received the shiny Charm. Along with breeding for a shiny Zorua/Furfruo, I'm planning to Soft reset for the snorlax on route 7. Since the Snorlax on every reset has been male, I was wondering if it has a fixed stat? Is it possible for it to be shiny? Or am I wrong to soft reset it?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Alright, first of all, congratulations to all you guys on getting shiny Pokemon, and, good luck to those still hunting. I recently completed the Pokedex in Pokemon X and received the shiny Charm. Along with breeding for a shiny Zorua/Furfruo, I'm planning to Soft reset for the snorlax on route 7. Since the Snorlax on every reset has been male, I was wondering if it has a fixed stat? Is it possible for it to be shiny? Or am I wrong to soft reset it?

Firstly, please don't use that color. It is impossible to read against the green background and trying makes my eyes hurt.

We're pretty sure the snorlax is shiny locked, like xerneas, yveltal, zygarde, mewtwo, and the bird trio. So most likely there's no point in SRing it, since it can't be shiny.

I myself have hit 4,000 SRs for raikou in the Trackless Forest in AS. It's almost halfway to suicune's SR total. Hopefully it shines sooner than suicune did, though.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Firstly, please don't use that color. It is impossible to read against the green background and trying makes my eyes hurt.

We're pretty sure the snorlax is shiny locked, like xerneas, yveltal, zygarde, mewtwo, and the bird trio. So most likely there's no point in SRing it, since it can't be shiny.

I myself have hit 4,000 SRs for raikou in the Trackless Forest in AS. It's almost halfway to suicune's SR total. Hopefully it shines sooner than suicune did, though.

My bad, I'm sorry about the color, its become a habit because of a few parts of the forum, I'll be careful next time.

Well, 200 SRs in the bin. Thanks for the information though. I'll get to Zorua then.

And, good luck for the Raikou. : )

Dangertrout

The blue looks fine against the purple background. :p Black will work better for most of the styles though.

I've been hatching exeggcute for the last few months. a couple thousand eggs into this hunt. it's especially annoying because I haven't had much time to hunt (uni + wedding = zero time for fun). next week I should have some time to put into it finally though, so here's hoping the game gives me a break when I pick it up again.

Last edited:

Mienfoomaster

Congrats on all the great shinies! Currently a few hundred SR's into shiny snivy hunt on black.

Just wondering, any of you guys still in school? I'm currently in high school and I'm only managing 40 SR's a day, so I'm wondering for those still in school, how do you guys manage to get high numbers of SR's during the school year?

TheMaster327

Well, that took a lot longer than I'd hoped. After 10,552 SRs, a bright blue eating machine shows up in the honey tree!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CixHorBWYAAOyRA.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CixHorBXIAAhkW6.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CixHorCWgAEeO3v.jpg[/img139]

IVs: 0 - 9 / 10 - 28 / 0 - 19 / 28 / 0 - 9 / 10 - 28. IVs could be better, but hey, 12.5% female for BQ#3! :)

Congrats on recent shinies and good luck to those still hunting!

dks89

So it appears my shiny luck with MM is astounding compared to every other method. In my first ever MM hunt I hatched a shiny Eevee after 69 eggs as detailed a few pages back.

In my second hunt, I went for Piplup. This is my favourite line of starters with Empoleon being my favourite Pokémon. After only 22 eggs, Piplup was shiny. Unfortunately I wasn't using everstone for this specific egg so it came out with a Naughty nature. 31/X/31/31/31/31

Will be going for Snivy and Totodile through MM while also DexNav for Growlithe.

Gold luck to everyone in their hunts!

Echo Nacyl

Welp, I suppose this was bound to happen. After the rapid Kanga hunt and the two accidental Shieldons, Tropius is holding out on me. 1300 eggs and counting so far.

PokeAmi

Finally after 956 encounters in Alpha Sapphire, Cresselia sparkled!

Made Metagross use Hold Back to red HP level and made her sleep and she stayed in the 4th Ultra Ball!

View attachment 15571

She is my first shiny legendary ever that I have caught myself, so I'm very happy! :D Now back to hunting for Latios!

Congrats and Good Luck to the shiny hunts! :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies! :)

Ran into and caught a shiny Drapion today. Named her Venomina. Still working on the shiny Ariados hunt. Also got a shiny Tyrunt today from the GTS.

Congrats to all with there new shinies!
I'm at 1500 SR for Thundurus been at this for a week now, I'm starting to think I should just give up charm hasn't helped :/
Hopefully I am doing this correctly I Just press L+R+ select to reset but I noticed he was still there after I ran away landed in fortree city flew back up and the black cloud was there, does it make a difference if I run away or reset just curious is all?
And if it's ok to completely turn my 3ds off to rest etc?
Might sound dumb these questions I'm new when it comes to SR a legend I usually stick to MMing

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I did more chain fishing yesterday on Omega Ruby and X, but I didn't find any shinies this way unfortunately. I worked further on my shiny Azelf hunt on Pearl as well and did around 170 soft resets before I stopped counting hee hee. I plan on working on this hunt some more tonight and during the weekend too. :]

Whilst training on route 7 to take on my rival in Fire Red, I managed to stumble across (and capture!) a shiny Pidgey.
;016;

It's the second shiny Pokémon I have in this game!

Sabre_King

Congrats to everyone's shinies, I am new to this thread, but I recently hatched a shiny froakie with protean. I had been worried it was going to take a long time but only a little over a hundred eggs, I also managed to get a shiny phantump after over 600 eggs hatched :) Like I said I am new to all the shiny hunting but currently I am working towards hatching a shiny Pancham.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Sandshrew is being an absolute pain for me. Just as painful as Lotad was. :/

Never hunted so long for a shiny before.

I'm currently at over 500 dexnavs.