• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Congratulations to Shiny Lord of Totodile, Pxm1 on Timburr and 2rsa on Vulpix!

Also, thank you RaichuArcanine and the other people who have wished me luck on Snivy! Including those of you wishing me luck in your heads (hehe). I've never really had people motivate me to shiny hunt before, though usually I'm pretty motivated regardless, but it's really nice that when I'm struggling with a target there are people to push me along. I'm not used to it >3<
I feel obligated to succeed and get Snivy now, because there are people who want me to!

This is exactly how I feel with Snivy right now, except with SR and not MM. I'm motivated but I'm going slower than I would like and I almost feel guilty for not picking up the game and SRing, but the urge is just not there. But I'm trying to push through it now, and so can you! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a shiny candle hatch for you :3

That said, brief update! I've done 54 SR's today for Snivy so far, still going for an hour or so, but sadly I was busy earlier today and then I ended up falling asleep while SRing, fail >_>
But I'm going to try for at least 70 before I got to bed, maybe 100 if I'm not quite tired enough at that point, and then tomorrow I'll try and hit 700!
As mentioned in my last post, I'm not doing any other shiny hunts right now, so that's all my updates.

Good luck everyone! May Arceus bless you with shiny Pokémon real soon.

Well I'm going for snivy too. Do you want to turn it into a race just for fun? It would be my first race and I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Well the snivy hunt is still going. I don't keep track because that makes shiny hunting feel more like a chore to me but it is my third day. Also thanks to everyone who answered the last question I asked. Good luck to everyone on their shiny hunt!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
I can't believe it! After just one week my awesome shiny appeared!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img402/4898/img0021lbl.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img217/5583/img0023uv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6172/img0022wn.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/6254/img0024dd.jpg

This hunt was a lot quicker than my Cresselia hunt, as it took just 1,362 soft resets. I wasn't expecting him this soon, but I'm so happy because he's legit! (yeah, Kyurem is a 'he' to me:p)

I'm still trying to decide what to do for the community hunt, but I'll decide soon enough. Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Wow! After only 4179 REs shiny Vulpix appears!

Oathout_zpsf8fc0e2c.jpg

This is my 2nd Vulpix but I don't mind really since its a great shiny and a nice way to start off the beginning of February. I won't be evolving this one because I evolved my first one which has its dream world ability. So this one will be an nice trophy. :] My main target here is Bronzong so I'll continue hunting for it, hopefully magnet pull works for me this time. Gratz on that awesome Kyurem and good luck everyone!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone! I am still working on Eevee number 5. If I manage to get these last 4 with time to spare, I will def take a part in the CH. I absolutely love pink and red shinies! I am up to 3,200 REs for Eevee and about 370 eggs out of 660 hatched for it. I'm hoping I RE one soon and get the last 3 from eggs.

Congrats to all and good luck! Happy hunting everyone! :)

Shiny Lord

Congrats on Vulpix and Kyruem and to everyone else who got a shiny recently!

WaterTypesFTW

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone, congrats on all of those shinies! = )

As for me, I had a goal in January to obtain 3 shinies without chaining and I did! It was very close and I almost did not make it. Yesterday, I hatched three boxes of Golett eggs with no luck, which added up to 870 eggs I hatched in total since I started the hunt. I was getting a little tired but I decided to hatch one more box of Golett eggs before going to bed. That was a very good call on my part because on egg number 896 the shiny Golett hatched! 3 shinies in one month without chaining is quite an accomplishment so I'm very happy.

As for the CH this month I think I'm going to MM for a shiny Aipom. Does Aipom count as a pink or red shiny?

Well, good luck everyone!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
The month has started off with a sparkle for me... after 14,351 encounters a shiny Patrat appeared in White 2! ^_^

This is the final shiny of my White 2 badge quest; and once again it's the shiny I wanted least on this route. I'll probably keep it as a Patrat, since I already have a shiny Patrat (well, now a Watchog) that I found in my Japanese Black.

I'm pleased that I can finally get on with completing the game, and I'll probably continue my hunt for a shiny Kyurem or Terakion once I beat the E4.

Here's a video of my new shiny Patrat

As for my other hunts: I'm now at 1260 Solosis eggs hatched in Black 2, 4300 soft resets for shiny Thundurus in White, and 31,000 encounters for my Heart Gold badge quest... >__>

Good luck guys, and congrats on new shinies.

dan2point5

Congrats on Kyurem, Vulpix and Heliotrope for finishing her BQ with shiny Patrat.

Gonna go pick up my hunt in burned tower. Currently on 1,500 RE's so will get to 2K by end of the day.

Good luck folks.

Dangertrout

As for me, I had a goal in January to obtain 3 shinies without chaining and I did! It was very close and I almost did not make it. Yesterday, I hatched three boxes of Golett eggs with no luck, which added up to 870 eggs I hatched in total since I started the hunt. I was getting a little tired but I decided to hatch one more box of Golett eggs before going to bed. That was a very good call on my part because on egg number 896 the shiny Golett hatched! 3 shinies in one month without chaining is quite an accomplishment so I'm very happy.

As for the CH this month I think I'm going to MM for a shiny Aipom. Does Aipom count as a pink or red shiny?

Well, good luck everyone!

Yes, aipom is pink, so it counts =)

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I am almost at 9,000 RE's in LG for my second BQ shiny. This is pretty annoying due to the fact that Bulbasaur took 19,000+ SR's. I need a short hunt :(

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo

Yesterday, I hatched three boxes of Golett eggs with no luck, which added up to 870 eggs I hatched in total since I started the hunt. I was getting a little tired but I decided to hatch one more box of Golett eggs before going to bed. That was a very good call on my part because on egg number 896 the shiny Golett hatched! 3 shinies in one month without chaining is quite an accomplishment so I'm very happy.

Well, I can make you a bit envious then ;)
Baruch.jpg

Random encounter while EV training, coincidentally, a shiny Dratini ;)

His ability? Klutz :(

Going on to the 7th box of Zorua. Still no luck! Got the Oval Charm though; I'm ever so lucky! :)

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
Since Mudkip is purple, it would not count for the CH next month.

Today I'm taking some time to EV train some more of my shinies. Hopefully I run into a shiny along the way :p

I don't like pink >.>
lol I've been trying to do EV training like 2 weeks but I always get distracted... EV trainig is just to boring :p

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Random question: Do you have a preferred location to hatch your eggs or you just do it in the largest areas to save time? I have a liking to Black City as of late. I just like seeing the hatched location as such. Probably a bit of a paranoia of myself ;)

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Congratulations to everybody! Couldn't check since I had school and my internet is terrible right now...

Yesterday, me and ShadowShinx both dual hunted. I recommended him here but he didn't check :(. He was hunting Charmander SR on LeafGreen and Absol MM on White. I did Turtwig SR for my BQ and my hidden hunt MM. Since January is over no time to hunt Chingling... But Mareep and Virizion are options for me.

Random question: Do you have a preferred location to hatch your eggs or you just do it in the largest areas to save time? I have a liking to Black City as of late. I just like seeing the hatched location as such. Probably a bit of a paranoia of myself ;)
I like to pick them up at Route 3 and hatch them as I recieve them, and put the offspring into the PC. A tad slow but meh...

Good luck to everyone!