• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Putting the deino hunt on hold so I can partake in the community shiny hunt

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the new shinies everyone! Also major congrats on Dangertrout beating cancer and getting married! (I can't believe I missed that post, I'm sorry!)

So this morning I was doing some encounters while getting ready to go to the animal shelter. once I was ready to head out I did one last encounter and finally... after 9 months of stubbornness and 3 separate attempts at this shiny...
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/20160630_122235_zpsr9npenso.jpg[/IMG139]
the golden metal snake FINALLY appeared!!! Shiny #16 in my SoulSilver Badge Quest (technically). The final shiny of this Badge Quest. Of course it wasn't going to let me catch him without a fight. Even after bringing him to red with 3 Super Fangs he refused to stay asleep or in the ball. He especially seemed insulted when I asked if he was gold plated or fools gold. Eventually we did manage to make his hypnosis last just long enough for a Fast Ball to click shut. He is a Gentle Steelix with IVs of 15-17/1-3/30/0-2/9-11/15-17. More pictures: OT/ID, Sparkles, Overworld and Video.

Good luck to everyone especially those with stubborn targets! I'm off to go beat Blue!

Last edited:

Dangertrout

The OP is updated with the July CH info. I started the summer session at university so I might be a little slow with the updates to the completion list. I'll try to at least get that updated once/week.

I think I'll take a break from the exeggcute hunt and participate in the CH this month. Not sure what I want to go for. Magby would be nice, but mirage islands are a pain sometimes. Not that I have much spare time for hunting right now... >.<
Is anyone else participating? What is your target?

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts! Big time congrats to Dangertrout for beating cancer!

Since my last post, I have had some shiny luck. I mentioned going for a competitive Feebas for a tournament in my last post. She shined last Friday morning! She's bold with 5 perfect IVs. While EV training some of my recent hatches, a shiny Shuppet appeared.

I then moved on to MMing for Mareep and after a few hundred eggs, he shined! He is modest with 5 IVs (missing attack) and is just about perfect. (I have a few 5 and 6 IV Mareeps left in anyone is interested). My next target was Noibat and it shined in 10 eggs! Thankfully, the parents were well bred so she ended up with 4 perfect IVs. These both shined yesterday.

I decided try for a Gale Wings Fletchling via MM but needed on with its HA. I went to a fire friend safari and found a shiny Fletchinder before the first HA one. I am now breeding for the best parent and am regularly getting 4 and 5 IVs, I just need to get the right nature now.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Congratulations to everyone! Good luck to everyone still hunting!

This morning while watching the TGC nationals I was breeding a Speed Boost Torchic for a member of the forums. I forgot I had a Skarmory in the daycare, so I took the egg out and then collected 4 Torchic eggs. On the very first egg pops a shiny Torchic! His name is Max. IVs are 31/31/31/31/X/31. Adamant with Blaze.

[IMG200]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/Lexya428/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsouonvrkp.jpeg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/Lexya428/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoh8ju9su.jpeg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/Lexya428/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8n6gch6v.jpeg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/Lexya428/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8n6gch6v.jpeg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah122/Lexya428/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsuzvsli0d.jpeg[/IMG200]

TheMaster327

11,650 REs and BQ #6 shows up. And it's what I wanted!

[img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmTTVPhWYAApg3p.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmTTZO6W8AAwIwm.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmTTcy5WYAAM1Vy.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Magmar! Lax nature (again). That's half my team with Lax natures! IVs not that bad on this one, though: 20 - 23 / 25, 26, 27 / 19, 20, 21 / 9 / 31 / 23. Physical Magmortar I think! Onwards!

EDIT: Oh, and COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

Last edited:

Romanticide

Congrats on the recent shinies, particularly on that Steelix! Hopefully mine will follow soon enough.

Besides the Steelix I think I'm going to start looking for another shiny for the community hunt. I'm considering SRing for one of the fire starters, or maybe REing Litwick in Black. I'm not really feeling any particular egg hunts at the moment, though that could change.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on their hunts, may your targets shine soon!

Echo Nacyl

I decided to run around in a Fire Safari, seeing as the CH is for fire types.
After a few dozen (maybe a hundred or so total encounters--I wasn't counting), a shiny Braixen popped up. Male, Magician, Naive, rated above average, with 31s in SpAtk and SpDef.
Now I'm casually hunting in a grass safari (Pansage/Ivysaur/Quilladin) for any of the possible targets for my shiny collection.
EDIT: Just got a Quilladin. Male, Naive, Bulletproof, relatively superior with 31s in HP and Speed.
Tempted to go for Frogadier next, just for the sake of it.
EDIT #2: And, just like that, shiny Frogadier just appeared! Male, Sassy, Protean, rated Outstanding with 31s in Attack and Speed.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
While hunting for the oh so elusive Shiny Female Combee, I stumbled upon a Shiny Illumise. Bold nature with Oblivious nature. Not a bad Illumise at all! Nicknamed her Golden Girl and I'm back on the hunt for Shiny Female Combee.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Congrats all, especially Lexya for that shiny torchic. Its so cute. I think I'm gonna hunt for one later.

Almost 700 eggs now, still no shiny gastly. After I get it, I'll MM for shiny houndour to participate in the CH.

GL everyone.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies!

Finally ran into a shiny Dusclops! He's gorgeous. Named him Sauron. Working on finding one for a friend now.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Congrats to all shinies and good luck to all who are hunting.

Back at the end of may I got my Shiny Groudon from Ruby. Since then I played through Sapphire again and made my way to Rayquaza. I'm getting close to the 8192 odds of 3rd gen. Hopefully Rayquaza shinies during this 4th of July week. since I got fired from my work I can put a little more time into him before start looking for another job.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
While preparing to start EV training a non-shiny Luxio in Sky Pillar I realised I'd forgotten to bring my Illumise with Sweet Scent. On my way out I ran into a wild Pokemon which turned out to be a Shiny Golbat. After it broke out of my only 2 Nest Balls I caught it on the third Ultra Ball I threw. She's Quiet natured with Inner Focus and no max IVs. Given that I've had terrible luck with my Feebas MM it was nice to have something shine for me, even if I already had 3 Shiny Golbat.

Congrats to everyone on their new shinies and good luck to those still hunting :)

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
After hatching 2 boxes of gastly today, I decided to hunt for a shiny ninetales in the fire friend safari. Encountered one after like 4 hours of running around. I named him Kyuubi. Synchronizer didn't work though, he's brave. But I'm so happy. Been wanting to have this cool looking shiny. With this, community hunt completed!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so much shinies since my last post ^_^ went on a total no shiny hunt/playing pokemon spree for a 3 months not picking my alpha sapphire but I am back in the hunt to hatch the rest of my fletchling eggs I have left over since my first two didn't have the correct ability I wanted >.> I still love the other two I just need one for competitive play

I hatched about 5 boxes so far and nothing good luck on the hunts guys and congrats on the new shinies since my last post :3

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Still working on that Shiny Female Combee hunt. I'd really like to get Vespiquen out of the way for my Living Dex.

Finding dozens of Female Combee though, so that's a VERY good sign. I just hope I don't get Illumise'd again.

Eevee is being a pain now... I can never get a Dexnav shiny under odds since my Nincada and Gulpin for some reason.

EDIT: Also, for those that want to know, the trick to getting Shiny Female Combee is a Male Pokemon with Cute Charm! So many Female Combee this way.

Last edited:

Echo Nacyl

Decided to do some more horde hunting, and have achieved two of my target shinies today; Hoppip (female, Hasty, Chlorophyll) and Bellsprout (female, Serious, Chlorophyll). Either going to head back into a Safari (go for Vivillon probably) or move to another rout for horde hunting (probably go for Route 11, 12, or Frost Cavern)

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Still working on that Shiny Female Combee hunt. I'd really like to get Vespiquen out of the way for my Living Dex.

Finding dozens of Female Combee though, so that's a VERY good sign. I just hope I don't get Illumise'd again.

Eevee is being a pain now... I can never get a Dexnav shiny under odds since my Nincada and Gulpin for some reason.

EDIT: Also, for those that want to know, the trick to getting Shiny Female Combee is a Male Pokemon with Cute Charm! So many Female Combee this way.

Yup that's true. I got my shiny female combee and shiny male pyroar that way. <3

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I started running OR to be able to hunt the version-exclusive legendaries. Not BQing this one, just plowing through as fast as I can but still taking time to train my team so I don't get creamed. It's a personal rule of mine that my water-type must be a gyarados if at all possible, and that gyarados must have scarlet scales. So I went to chain fish just off Dewford Town. Took me a while, but I landed a male shiny magikarp. He's docile nature, with Swift Swim, and is now a fierce red-scaled gyarados named Typhoon.

I'm at 1,200 SRs for dialga. Soar encounters take a while, so this is a slower hunt than my other SR hunts.

Blazing Charmander

After a dry 18 month spell without a shiny (non-event), my luck finally came through last night with the Pokeradar on Diamond. I had been trying, to no avail, for an Oddish on Battle Island for a few weeks to begin reclaiming lost shinies from old files I had deleted (very naively/stupidly). With no luck on that front, I went back to basics in trying for a Starly or Bidoof on Route 201. After a few broken chains for both, I finally put together a chain of 40 Bidoof yesterday evening and encountered this critter.

bidoof_shiny.jpg

Bidoof and Starly were actually both random encounters on my first couple of playthroughs, but sadly as mentioned I made the reckless decision to overwrite them in favour of a new adventure; having not had a second DS game to transfer them to at the time. It is nice to have one of the two again - even if it would have been nicer for it to crop up randomly.