• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
My friend hatched a shiny Furfrou and traded it to me. It's so beautiful. Also, got some from some online trades this weekend, including an Unown O, Lotad, Viviilon (High Plains), and a few more. So close to finishing my shiny dex.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Thanks, it's just annoying hearing how great the Friend Safari is at catching shinies. But I'm nearly at 2000+ encounters now and nothing. I've started my playthrough of OR again to give me something better to do when I get too annoyed at my current poor luck.

I wouldn't worry if you keep trying you will get it which tbh what I would suggest though is trying not to look for something, if that makes sense. I seriously found like 4 shinies in one day in friend safari just not looking alone looking for ha pokemon. good luck on your hunt and don't give up ;)

I think I picked my next target shiny goldeen which wanted a shiny goldeen for sometime which I need more lower teir pokemon for wifi competitive so here we go XD

congrats to all new shinies obtained and good luck to all that is still hunting :3

scififan21

I wasn't even shiny hunting or anything just breeding mons to Transfer when the bank gets updated and I hatched a shiny Chimchar with one egg. XD The shock I felt you have no idea.

Just hatched a shiny Charmander, I was trying to breed for a 6IV female so I could actually start my MM hunt and I hatched a 4IV male Adamant in a Luxary ball missing ATK and SPATK, I'm hoping in sun/moon I can max out it's ATK to be 31 IV so I don't have to try for this 6iv female again, I'm holding off on this Charmander for now so I'm now going to try for a Timid shiny Gastly hopefully minus ATK in a moon ball :) I'd show a pic of the charmander but I'm a little tired right now and wanna try for this Gastly

Good Luck on those hunting for shinies and congrats to all the recent ones! :D

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Has anyone her got a favorite or one of their favorite shiny? I'm quite partial to shiny Porygon, and generally like golden shinies such as Steelix

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Has anyone her got a favorite or one of their favorite shiny? I'm quite partial to shiny Porygon, and generally like golden shinies such as Steelix

I think the favourite of my shinies is either my Lucario (when not Mega Evolved) or my Zangoose. I really like both Pokemon and they have really cool shiny forms. I have my favourite Pokemon, Weavile, in shiny form in Gen4 but, while I like its colours in those games, its shiny form is horrible in Gen6. It's way to reddish pink as opposed to the pale pink of older generations. Wish it had stayed the same shade of pink as Sneasel, I would hunt for another one if it had. I'm not going to be shiny hunting actively again until I get Moon and transfer my 6IV Ditto and other Pokemon over but I plan on hunting for Nidoqueen's first as I really like its shiny form.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a quiet week, even though I decided to take a break from leveling up pokemon on AS and did a quad hunt. I did end up with a shiny garbodor on White 2. :p I'm going back with a magnet pull magnezone on the game to hopefully get a shiny pawniard.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think the favourite of my shinies is either my Lucario (when not Mega Evolved) or my Zangoose. I really like both Pokemon and they have really cool shiny forms. I have my favourite Pokemon, Weavile, in shiny form in Gen4 but, while I like its colours in those games, its shiny form is horrible in Gen6. It's way to reddish pink as opposed to the pale pink of older generations. Wish it had stayed the same shade of pink as Sneasel, I would hunt for another one if it had. I'm not going to be shiny hunting actively again until I get Moon and transfer my 6IV Ditto and other Pokemon over but I plan on hunting for Nidoqueen's first as I really like its shiny form.

If only Ditto stayed shiny in its transformed state, it would be the greatest shiny Pokemon of all time

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

I love shiny milotic its one of my favorite shinies besides shiny ninetales :3 I love most shinies though which its hard to decide XD

anyway getting set up for my hunt about to store eggs soon :3 I can't wait to see goldeen shine good luck to all that are shiny hunting and congrats to all new shinies :3

Cyberra

pain in the ***

My favorite pokemon is Regigigas, and yes, I have it shiny. Otherwise, I like golden or blue shinies. Green are more "meh", as green is not on my favorite colors list (shiny espeon is hideous, imho).

Still working on tornadus in OR. It's a bit on the stubborn side; I'm at 3,500 SRs for the thing.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Can't wait to fully evolve my shiny Deino. Green dragons look great imo.

Given how Ghetsis has green hair, I feel that Hydreigon being green is fitting.

My favorite shinies per generation are:
* Gen 1: Porygon. The type of blue and pinkish-white they use brings out its artifical nature really well
* Gen 2: Steelix. I like gold coloration, and Steelix does the best at it in my opinion. Ho-oh would count, but its normal coloration is equally good
* Gen 3: Metagross. I know, it's not original but still. Though nowhere near the top, I also like Lunatone because it has the cleverest shiny coloration of them all
* Gen 4: Cresselia. It looks so majestic and mystical
* Gen 5: The red Genesect
* Gen 6: Slurpuff. Possibly the most appropriate shiny ever

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe

I probably mentioned this on this thread but I have a shiny Gliscor, my favorite shiny, in 5th gen and I like the sprite too much to transfer it. I traded for it (had to give up my EV trained Garchomp :p) and it's wild-caught, before the HA was made available. That's why my current MM hunt is a Gligar, and DESPERATELY HOPING it gets its HA this time :D
I'm 61 eggs into the hunt, by the way. I'm waiting for my 3DS to charge and then I'll go for about 30 more tonight.

EDIT: Got 53 more eggs instead; no shiny yet but I'm checking their IVs as I go and I'm saving all the 5IV HAs to trade later!

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
This will be my last post related to my shiny badge quest as I am en route to Victory Road and ready to take on the Elite Four and Diantha. It's been a fun journey and I wanted to look back over my progress. Here are my teammates

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/Greninja%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
NightHopper
Hasty, Mischievous
Obtained at Aquacorde Town by Soft Reset on 8/24/16
Allowed me to get the Bug Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/Bellossom%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Chloris
Brave, Likes to run
Caught at Route 6 by Random Encounter on 8/29/16
Allowed me to get the Cliff Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/Yanmega%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Cordelia
Mild, Likes to thrash about
Caught at Route 10 by Horde Encounter on 9/2/16
Allowed me to get the Rumble Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/4.2%20Dragalge%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Lamar
Lonely, Proud of its power
Caught at Ambrette Town by Chain Fishing on 9/4/16
Allowed me to get the Plant Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/5.120Girafarig20-20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Girafarig
Timid, Takes plenty of Siestas
Obtained at Lumiose City by Wonder Trade on 9/7/16
Allowed me to get the Voltage Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/6.2%20Espeon%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Nostradamus
Modest, Capable of taking hits
Hatched at Lumiose City by Masuda Method on 9/17/16
Allowed me to get the Fairy Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/7.3%20Aigislash%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Zar’roc
Naughty, Likes to relax
Caught at Route 6 by Random Encounter on 9/22/16
Allowed me to get the Psychic Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/8.2%20Probopass%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Schnoz
Relaxed, Good perseverance
Caught at Route 10 by Horde Encounter on 9/24/16
Allowed me to get the Iceberg Badge

[IMG139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/Shiny%20Pokemon/9.2%20Houndoom%20-%20Amie.jpg[/IMG139]
Zuko
Timid, Takes plenty of siestas
Caught at Route 10 by Horde Encounter on 9/24/16
Allowed me to enter Victory Road and the Pokémon League

After looking at the Pokémon the Elite Four and the Champion have, I've decided that NightHopper, Zuko, Lamar, Chloris, Zar'roc and Schnoz will be the team that I take against them. They all have a good mix of attacks that will give me multiple options for type coverage against the League's Pokémon. Cordelia, Nostradamus and Girafarig will have to face the League in the future.

I'll update once I've defeated the League and become the new Champion.

Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck on your hunts!

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Yesterday I was looking for a 5 IV ditto in the friend Safari and came across a shiny minccino. Used my last quick ball to catch it. Picture and stats will be up as soon as my 2ds chargesimage.jpg stats are horrible only having 31 IVs in hp and speed

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well that was fast 0_0 after 10 eggs....

hatch picture:
http://i.imgur.com/uLnTItS.jpg

egg moves and etc picture:
http://i.imgur.com/LKRTsgu.jpg

I named him Goldy after my old goldfish that died by accidentally getting sucked in the filter :c rip, he is Adamant HA Lightning Rod ivs 31/31/31/27/21/31 the sp. def isn't great but the new hyper training I think can fix it of what I heard in sun and moon news?

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to everyone's shinies!

So I just collected like over 400 eggs from that eight egg hunt I have ben taking a break from lately.
I am a few boxes into the eggs, and I just hatched a shiny heracross. Time to check it IVs.

YAS
Outstanding IVs with a spread of 31/31/31/x/31/31. Everything except Special Attack. Woo.
I plan on EV training this guy (yes, he is male - and everstoned Adamant) soon.
(He also had Guts and Rock Blast. Yay.)

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: Well, I just hatched another shiny from this same group of eggs. Too bad about it IV spread though...
He is a male Aerodactyl, with Rock Head and Adamant.
Outstanding IVs, but with a spread of 31/x/31/31/31/31. Missing the stat I need.
...It is like my first shiny Honedge again...
Oh well.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In the first time in a while, I caught my next unintentional shiny.

It a Calm/Somewhat Vain Dewgong. I was locating it in someone's safari, and the first one popped out and shined.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
So...

I got exasperated with SRing a shiny Fennekin for my Y BQ, so I decided to pick Froakie, my usual starter, and run around on Route 2 until a shiny popped out. After a couple of days, I got bored, so I decided to try and MM a shiny Roselia on Alpha Sapphire.

Not only did I succeed, I got one in 41 eggs. Ghost is Timid; has perfect IVs in Attack, Sp. Def., and Speed; and despite the fact that I was breeding a Natural Cure Roselia, he has Poison Point.

But it gets better.

After hatching Ghost, I went back to Y to see if my shiny luck would carry over between games. Within the first half hour, I captured my first BQ shiny – Robyn the Fletchling. She's Relaxed, unfortunately, and I would've preferred Scatterbug, but you know what they say: don't look a gift robin in the beak.

Update: So, while I was hatching leftover Roselia eggs...another shiny hatched. Lilac (female this time) has perfect IVs in Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk. and Sp. Def., so I'm probably going to be using her on my team rather than Ghost.

Anyway, I'm now MMing Vulpix (on AS again).

Last edited:

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
I'm beyond stoked to announce that I've finally hatched a shiny Ralts and trained it up to be the lead of my in-game "dream team" as a Mega Evolution. Gardevoir looks lovely in black!