1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Of the current unavailable shinies, which do you think should be available the earliest

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

How can you tell if a pokemon in an SOS chain has its HA or not? I've been hearing about it but no one's explained it and youtube is not much help.

Up to 4,650 SRs for regice now.

3. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

If it's an ability that doesn't really outright activate like Klutz or something like that, then I'm not sure if it's possible to tell. Whereas something like Limber or Snow Warning, it should be quite obvious as you won't be able to paralyze a mon' with Limber and Snow Warning activates immediately.

Never heard of a way you can tell if the Mon' actually has it's HA or not.

On Shiny news:

I got my Shiny Komala! Took around 200-300-ish eggs give or take some. Female, Adamant, Love Ball nicknamed Cider. Can't wait to use her in my Sun playthrough! :)

So this counts as challenge completed? Sweet! :D

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

alright I don't have my picture uploaded yet but i did mange to get a random shiny while playing through my game on moon version. I got a shiny alola raticate randomly while I was just leveling up my mons to beat the elite four since I was super low leveled. I will add a picture later...

5. Blood Red Absol

Blood Red Absol AquaMilotic's Waifu

first thing I thought of would be to use a pokemon with the move skill swap, that seems like the easiest way to tell to me :)

6. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

My new hatched shinies !

Its a shiny HA Sandygast in a Heavy Ball and Shiny Jangmo-o in a Love ball, see pictures in spoiler !

[img139]http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1480589361_tmp_WIN_20161201_11_43_00_Pro.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1480589327_tmp_WIN_20161201_11_43_22_Pro.jpg[/img139]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  7. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

Or Trace ability works too

8. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I got my first SOS method shiny: Pikipek! I have done hundreds of these encounters with various targets and this was the first to shine. I am currently hunting Drampa via MM and am about 300 eggs in thus far. It is insane how fast you can breed in this game. I already have my next MM target in mind and have a Japanese version via wondertrade.

Speaking of wondertrade, I received a shiny Mimikyu via wondertrade on Tuesday. I was clearing out some Drampa and it came through. I normally don't use traded shinies, but this thing is too adorable and looks legit.

9. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

I can't decide what to go for next. Comfey was a complete accident, but it gave me the bug and now I want to hunt more ASAP.

Grats on the new things, as well.

As for HA SOS searching, I use a Scrappy Pangoro with False Swipe/Entrainment. Works well in most cases. I have a Damp Parasect for Spore and chaining exploders (so, basically, Geodude, which I haven't got a safe way to check for HA other than hope and pray or wait for bank), and an extra Tapu Koko I use with False Swipe/Thunderwave so he can halt SOS calls when I find a target while being Paralysis immune. By the time I'm done I'll probably have a full team of False Swipers >.< Was probably going to get a Contrary Lurantis next, to deal with things that have Screech/Growl/Sand-attack/etc.

EDIT: Just found a shiny Oricorio, like I said I would persist until I found. Found it on Route 6. Level 15, Male, caught in Timer Ball, Relaxed, Capable of taking hits, 31s in HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Defense, PRetty good Speed and Decent SpAtk.

EDIT2: And suddenly, another shiny appears. Was SOS chaining Mudbray in route 12, looking for HA, and instead a shiny appears at a chain of 38. Level 26, Calm, Stamina, female, caught in a Timer Ball, Capable of taking hits with 31s in HP, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed, 29 in Special Defense, and 20-23 Attack.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  10. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

Congrats to everyone who's found shinies - especially 7th Gen ones. A lot of them are awesome!

So I'd thought that I'd try finishing my Squirtle hunt on FR/LG before going for a 7th gen shiny. And I'd gotten to 800 SRs when I last put it down. After lucking out with Giratina, I thought I'd be doing this hunt for a while, but...

[img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16336&d=1480618933[/img139]

They say sometimes after you've had a nasty drought, you suddenly find a lot of your hunts can be quicker. This guy appeared after 883 SRs - which is amazing considering the full odds. His nature is Brave, and looks absolutely awesome in 3rd gen!

I am currently debating hunting Bulbasaur in 3rd gen as well. Knowing me, it'll probably take a lot longer than Squirtle did. But I'm probably going to focus on a 7th gen hunt for now.

Good luck to everyone, may your shinies sparkle fast!

11. Weavy

Weavy They call me the one who loves cats.

Yesterday I found a shiny Mudbray by complete accident; I wasn't even looking for it. It's my first shiny of this generation.

It's female and it has Stamina, but I was unfortunate enough to get a Bold one. But I'm still very happy I have one!

12. Blood Red Absol

Blood Red Absol AquaMilotic's Waifu

With the trace ability wouldn't you only be able to use it once though?

13. _Edu

_Edu Shiny Hunter

I'm a bit disappointed when it comes to the -new- water Pokémon in Alola... that being said...

Guess what was my first random encounter while fishing in a bubble spot (Sun)

Take your time

A FFFFFFF MAGIKARP!!!! I cry.

That's awesome! Congrats! Wish my first shiny was a 7th gen Pokémon

I think so, too. (And it looks like we have a fave shiny in common)

14. Scherzando

Scherzando scare-TZAN-doe

I HOPE we get the Tapus' shiny forms through an event or SOMETHING. I really love Tapu Koko and Lele's shiny forms the most. I'd say it'd be either them and/or Solgaleo and Lunala to be available next.

I've been hearing about people seeing shiny pokemon on the GTS holding a master ball and asking for common pokemon in return. sounds pretty sketchy. I saw a shiny Jangmo-o with a master ball yesterday, only asking for an Abra (which I had) but I didn't go for it. Who knows if they're honest free giveaways or actually hacked D:

15. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Congrats to all recent shinies!

Got my 3rd Sun shiny today, and first via the Masuda Method. On my 199th egg this guy popped out.

[Img139]https://s12.postimg.org/5tql2oj0t/IMG_0850.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s12.postimg.org/67rx2a34d/IMG_0851.jpg[/Img139]

This cool guy has an adamant nature. Ivs aren't bad, but nothing special. Flawless d, and near flawless sp.a but neither are super decent for an adamant Rowlet, but I like collecting these beauty shinies none the less.

3rd 7th gen shiny complete!

16. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I think Trace only works at the start of a battle. And it's random which 'mon it picks in group battles, as I noticed when using a Trace gardevoir on hordes in Y.

Up to 5,400 SRs for regice. I've been managing 800 SRs a day (or night, more accurately), so it's been going pretty quickly. What annoys me about this SR hunt is that regice is in a cave, not a mysterious ring, and water drops falling from the ceiling keep making me jump thinking I see sparkles >.<

17. MissEevee

MissEevee Fairy Princess

No random encounters of shinies in Pokemon Moon so far, I did try the SOS chaining method a few times but have been busy completing the game before going into full shint hunt mode. However, to my absolute utter shock I hatched a shiny Rowlett (my first ever hatched shiny OMG) whilst breeding starters to put on the GTS. It was either my 9th or 10th egg and I definitely wasn't expecting it. It was done by the Masuda Method, as the Ditto was my own and the Rowlett I was breeding was a foreign one from the GTS.

Here's a low quality picture: http://i.imgur.com/HZQA8vV.jpg
    I was going to name him Doctor Hoot but decided on John Smith as a different kind of DW reference. xD

18. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

It took a couple of days, but I was able to get my first shiny of Sun through SOS hunting, a shiny pikipek. ^_^ I really wanted it, I love the looks of shiny toucannon. At least the final SOS chain I did was pretty short, about 20-30.

Since I'm still playing through the game and haven't gotten charizard yet for flying, I'll wait before trying a few pokemon I really want to get, like delibird and growlithe (both for my shiny Rocketdex) and cutiefly (I love its colors). I might try for jigglypuff, since I'm on island 2.

19. Marvs

Marvs Shinneeee!

Had to take a break from Mimikyu, going to hatch a few boxes of Rowlet. I am up to around 1,300 Mimikyu, probably about 20 hours or so of hatching..

20. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

:D I got him!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/F9kOiQD.jpg[/img139]

6,001 SRs! And he's rather appropriate considering the season and the fact that it's been snowing here. Sync was successful; he is modest nature and takes plenty of siestas. Too bad his IVs are in the wrong places... Took me about 20 balls to catch him, but I got him in my favorite ball :D I named him after the Greek god of surreal dreams, since people can see some damn weird stuff when they get really really cold.

Up next: The last of the trio. At least registeel's shiny is easier to spot than regice's, and I won't be jumping every time a water drop falls past him.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017