• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Once again, I did not find any shinies for my MM hunts, but I did from my attempts to hatch high IV'd Pokémon with the correct spread.

This time, it was a shiny Alolan Sandshrew. He is everstoned Adamant and has Slush Rush. Yay. He is also in a timer ball and has the following egg moves: Icicle Crash, Night Slash, and Metal Claw.
His IV spread is x/31/31/31/31/31. I will take it. If I end up training this guy, I may end up Hyper Training his HP stat. Its HP stat is "Decent" now.
I plan on hatching a female HA Sandshrew with a spread of 31/31/31/x/31/31 soon (a regular one, not shiny). EDIT: Got this particular female Sandshrew from the very next egg.
After that, I will probably return to my MM hunts.

Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:

Flan

loves birbs.
Hey y'all, it's been a while since I last posted at Serebii. I used to participate in the Shiny Hunter's Club and the Shiny Pokemon Thread back in the day. Both threads are shut down now which just shows me how long I've been away. It also shows me how long I've continued to play this game lol.

Anyway, yesterday I managed to hatch an Adamant Shiny Rowlet with 5 perfect IVs after around 800 eggs. I had the Shiny Charm and was using the Masuda Method, so it was a moderate-length hunt. Since they revealed Rowlet months ago, I knew that I wanted it to be my starter, and I especially knew that I wanted a Shiny one. There's a better quality picture under the spoiler!

[spoil][/spoil]

Attachments

• 35n23d5[1].jpg
    35n23d5[1].jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Hey, with the QR Code I need to know something-does Magearna have a shiny lock or not?

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
So I hatched a second shiny riolu while hatching for a female for a trade. That's two in under 100 eggs? Whaat lol why couldn't I get this luck with my SOSing or Litten hunt? haha
No pictures because it's pretty much the same as the last one, only this time with a lonely nature and better IVs

Drakonekoshi

I feel absolutely..Dreadful..

I've been hunting for a shiny Jangmo-o non-stop for the past 4 or so days, I'm over 500 eggs I think? and it's aggravating me so much,

and to make matters worse, tonight, someone in my family died, and I'm grieving so much right now, I really wish this gold dragon will finally show up and make me feel at least a little better, I can't take it anymore....

Flan

loves birbs.
Hey, with the QR Code I need to know something-does Magearna have a shiny lock or not?

It definitely does. Since Magearna is an event Pokemon, and all event Pokemon are shiny-locked, there is no way to get a shiny Magearna currently. Even though it's from the QR Scanner, it still counts as an event sadly.

I feel absolutely..Dreadful..

I've been hunting for a shiny Jangmo-o non-stop for the past 4 or so days, I'm over 500 eggs I think? and it's aggravating me so much,

and to make matters worse, tonight, someone in my family died, and I'm grieving so much right now, I really wish this gold dragon will finally show up and make me feel at least a little better, I can't take it anymore....

I'm super sorry for your loss... I hope you can spend some time with people you love, and take it easy so that you can process this all. Also, Jangmo-o will likely shine soon, especially since I was hitting almost 800-1,000 eggs for my shiny Rowlet after a whole week of MM hatching. Please take care of yourself and reach out to those who care about you. ):

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It definitely does. Since Magearna is an event Pokemon, and all event Pokemon are shiny-locked, there is no way to get a shiny Magearna currently. Even though it's from the QR Scanner, it still counts as an event sadly.

I hate it when that happens. They should release some more shiny events in future.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Haven't posted on here in a long time as I didn't play my ds for a few months. With the release of sun and moon I am back with some shiny news.
So two days ago I was sos battling grubbin and just before I was about to call it a night as I was working the next day a shiny appeared :D
Yesterday was a similar story I was sos battling bagons as I wanted a salamence to appear for my dex. I said I'd catch the one I was battling as it was bed time when it called for help and a shiny appeared. Calm nature with 4 max ivs.

Pretty happy so far there's a couple I want to MM for as I'd like to use them in battle so I'll probably wait till I can transfer my ditto for that.

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

On Sunday Drampa shined after about 1,000 eggs. I wasn't paying attention to nature/IVs on this one and now I wish I had; it has a -SpA nature and terrible IVs. Oh well, he is still an awesome gold dragon. Yesterday I managed to find a shiny Crabrawler via SOS. It took about an hour and he has 4 IVs and outstanding potential. he has already evolved and is magnificent.

I am currently hunting Oranguru via MM and am about 200 eggs in so far.

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
Haven't posted on here in a long time as I didn't play my ds for a few months. With the release of sun and moon I am back with some shiny news.
So two days ago I was sos battling grubbin and just before I was about to call it a night as I was working the next day a shiny appeared :D
Yesterday was a similar story I was sos battling bagons as I wanted a salamence to appear for my dex. I said I'd catch the one I was battling as it was bed time when it called for help and a shiny appeared. Calm nature with 4 max ivs.

Pretty happy so far there's a couple I want to MM for as I'd like to use them in battle so I'll probably wait till I can transfer my ditto for that.

wow!!! talk about good luck!!
congrats on the grubbing and bagon!!

So, its been a while since I did a good MM, and haven't done one on gen 7. On XY, I (admittedly) would utilize the Lumoise City tower loop to hatch eggs. does anyone know of such thing in gen 7? I did in in gen 3 with the acro bike on the muddy slopes as well. But I haven't found anything in gen 7.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Let me ask again: what do you guys think is your favorite shiny of this new generation?

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to all the recent shiny Pokemon! A random question, if I may. Are we sure yet if SOS Shiny rates are effected by the shiny charm? I really want to do some shiny hunting, but I have yet to get the Dex done...

Let me ask again: what do you guys think is your favorite shiny of this new generation?

It will be a while until I have firm favorites, but so far I like Kommo-o, Bruxish, Mimikyu and Incineroar.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Tough question. My favorites thus far are: Mimikyu, Dewpider/Araquanid, Toucannon, Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash, Alolan Marowak, and Rockruff/Lycanroc.

Mt overall favorite may be Mimikyu though. I just love the old timey vibe it has.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on

My top three would be Rowlet, Bruxish, and Baile Oricorio. I love the color combinations on them (especially the bright red on Bruxish, seeing as it's my favorite color), and I can't wait to hunt for them in my Sun trial quest. I also like Toucannon, Ribombee, Fomantis line, Minior, Pyukumuku, Grubbin line, and several others that I can't think of right now. There's also Lunala, who is possibly one of my favorite shiny legendaries of all time... damn you Trollfreak and your shiny locks!

Laurelai

Congrats folks on your new shinies, and Yay on your Drampa Maldoror! That's a very cool looking pokemon.
I just finished up a SOS chain for a shiny Smeargle after about 500-ish encounters

[spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20161208_200624_zpspijlsqpw.png[/img139][/spoil]

I've got him named Pinkalicious for now, but I think I may change it to Neopolitan since he's vanilla, chocolate and strawberry :D

As for my favorite Gen VII poke? Hmmm- I *love* Pyukumuku lol. That squishy, squooshy green sea cucumber tickles the heck out of me. I don't have one yet, but I willllll!

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wishiwashi shined after 25 SOS calls in the battle I was in. I went well over 100 yesterday and accidentally ran, so in total I was probably at 175-ish encounters? IDK I just count by the encounter I am in.

Nicknamed her Smol Fry, she's a Bashful Nature with 31 IVs in HP, Speed, and SpA. Gonna hunt Togedemaru next!

Sito

Shiny Breeder
So... I was SOS Ditto to get one with good IVs so I could breed, and what do you know, on the 50thish one a shiny pops up. Was like, nice first shiny in 7th gen.
Its Sassy with x/x/31/31/31/31 so not bad at all.
The funny part is that I went back to get another ditto to get one with 31 attack Ivs... the second pokemon it calls is another shiny ditto...
Well, at least I got 2 shinies xD