1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Lunala's a pretty cool shiny, being a reference to the lunar moon. Solgaelo isn't nearly as impressive though. I wish it was black as a reference to the solar eclipse

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I got the shiny charm in Y and then decided to MM a woobat... 4,000+ eggs. RNG can kiss my rump XP

*shuffles feet* I'm up to 3,800 SRs for registeel. It actually shined at 1,026-ish SRs, but I didn't register that it was green until I'd already pushed the button to SR again. That was the first time I've ever SRed over a shiny. I will get it back, though. Been kicking myself about it for the last two days XP

Shiny minior has a black core. Always.

Edit: He came back! Shiny registeel at 4,007 SRs!

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/iUtn3At.jpg[/img139]

:D I got my registeel back! Sync worked and he is calm nature, somewhat vain, with Clear Body. He has relatively superior potential and max IVs in HP, SpATK, and SpDEF, which boosts his already high SpDEF even higher. Niiiiiiiiiiice :D His name is German for "steel".

Gonna try DexNav for roggenrola before going after the trio's master, regigigas.

Edit #2: Roggenrola decided to be annoying, so I went up to route 116 to hunt eevee. After only 26 dexnav encounters, I find a shiny female eevee. She's impish and takes plenty of siestas, with Run Away. Going to leave her an eevee and look for another one to evolve to sylveon.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. RedJirachi

Are there shinies for the different forms of Minior or is there just the one

4. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

Got my first shiny of Gen 7 last night. I realized I traded my Type:Null away so I went to the GTS and put Guzzlord up there in exchange for a new one. Lo and behold, it turned out to be shiny! Doubly cool since I claimed Type:Null in the Claim-A-Pokemon thread.

5. CryHavoc91

CryHavoc91 Prof. Gengarchomp

So after a chain of 52, I misjudged Bagons movepool... and he struggled away. Time to start over lol.
    Does anyone know if the shiny charm affects SOS shiny odds??

Good to know. Now I have to finish my darn pokedex lol

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  6. Blastonite

Blastonite Dream Crusher

All are black when shiny. You can see the core color in the overworld Sprite though.

Also congrats Cy :D shiny registeel is awesome. I did end up getting my shiny Rowlet within the last 10 eggs I had. Perfect IVs too Thankfully! Moving onto Crabrawler next. Got my 6IV last night and up to 50ish eggs hatched. Hopefully I can stay within 1x odds this time!

WITHIN 100 EGGS TODAY! I still have 2 boxes left to hatch. Maybe another is hiding in there!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNxV0GUDG1n/?taken-by=blastoknight

Also here is my Shiny Rowlet from Yesterday which took like 1600 eggs!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNu86YnBFoI/?taken-by=blastoknight

DOUBLE CRABRAWLERS! https://www.instagram.com/p/BNxdPU8DiBL/?taken-by=blastoknight

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Grats on that Registeel, Cyberra. One of my favorite shinies. Such a great color.
    I'm so timid about doing just that that my SRs are probably much slower than necessary. I've only missed a shiny once, and it was a Foongus in a horde. I wasn't paying attention when the horde appeared and didn't let the camera pan. I discovered this only when I was going through my Pokedex and switching the displayed Pokemon to shinies where I had them. When I came to Foongus and saw that it had three forms registered (male, female, shiny) I just stared at the screen for several minutes. I then spent 4 days hunting for another one until I found it.

Finally got my Shiny Charm. Officially started a MM hunt for Rockruff last night. We'll see how long this goes.

8. LilyValley

LilyValley Useless Sceptile

Hello everyone. I have been busy with other things and leveling up my latest shiny (Decidueye) but I have more news to report on. I left a little bit of leveling (and finding a final Bottle Cap) for later and focused on hatching Litten. It didn't take long, because I found my shiny today at egg #160. Jolly, Male with a perfect IV in defense. I will take some time to level up more and train, but my next shiny target should be a Mareanie. I wish you all luck and good presents this holiday!

9. Blood Red Absol

Blood Red Absol AquaMilotic's Waifu

10. RedJirachi

Good job on getting Shiny Registeel Cyberra. I spent over 11,000 SRs trying to get it, though half of that was pre-Shiny Charm

Who's the earliest Sun and Moon shiny? Legit, from that game and not from the pre-release downloads but the physical copy. How many hours had it been out that point?

11. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

After another 237 seen, I got my second shiny eevee. It's another female, too :D I was hoping she'd get her HA, since I want a Pixilate sylveon, but meh. She's modest nature, so she'll make a good sylveon anyway ^_^

12. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I've noticed I'm gettin shinies at a much faster rate with charm. I'd assume this is our dex nav replacement.

13. RedJirachi

Which Ultra Beast do you guys want available as a shiny? For me its UB-01 Symbiote/Nihilego

14. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

All of them, but especially Guzzlord.
    I suspect Nihilego would be first though, with how much it's integrated into the story.

No luck on Rockruff yet. Haven't really been counting, but I've wondertraded 4 boxes of 31/31/31/x/31/31 ones (from two parents with the same spreads), if that gives any impression of how many I've hatched total.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  15. Drakonekoshi

Drakonekoshi Well-Known Member

Congrats on your recent shinies and good luck to those currently hunting!

The other day, while trying to get a Shelgon for my pokedex, I joked that I would go on for so long that a shiny would show up, and what do you know, after 70+ SOS encounters, a shiny Bagon appeared! I was in utter surprise, I'm now able to have the entire line, since i have another shiny Bagon and shiny Shelgon in my Gen 6 games.

Photo on 12-6-16 at 6.40 PM #3.jpg

Anyways,I completed my pokedex earlier and now I have the shiny charm, so i'm back to my Jangmo-o hunt, 700-800+ eggs and I still have not found a shiny, which, isn't that long of a time yet, but I'm still doubting i'll get one anytime soon..

16. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

I'd run into a bit of a hard luck spell recently since my shiny Rowlet. The most painful SOS hunt imaginable for a Bruxish, which lasted for a very long time and often had many turns in a row where they didn't even try to summon an ally and when they would it would never come. I followed that up with another long Dewpider hunt and a Stufful MM that just hasn't worked so far.

With that I turned my attention back to X to go back to an old standby. Litleo is basically my girlfriends favourite Pokemon. She thinks it's the cutest thing ever, so I went back to an on hold hunt for it. I don't know how many eggs I hatched before but I'm now over 810 with nothing to show for it.

Feeling a little discouraged from slowly approaching double the odds, I decided I'd test my luck and run into a patch of grass on route 7 hoping to find a horde. I found this instead.

[Img139]https://s23.postimg.org/qza9x3sdn/IMG_0861.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s23.postimg.org/75y64eezv/IMG_0866.jpg[/Img139]

Volbeat is a very nice shiny even if it's nothing to write home about usage wise. After a couple very long, discouraging hunts, it was nice to have a random shiny just pop out. Vindicates the process.

Now hopefully Litleo is a little more cooperative the rest of the way...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  17. AmethystLeslie

AmethystLeslie Well-Known Member

After 644 eggs, I completed my Rufflet shiny hunt!

Adamant, Sheer Force, 0/31/31/31/31/31

This is the 3rd successful shiny hunt i've ever done.

18. Zero1999

Zero1999 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

It's been months since my last post and came back again here due to vacations so that means that I will hunt full-time now that I have free time.

Also i'm excited to play Pokemon Moon when I manage to buy ut but for the time being I want to hunt in the old 3rd gen games.

Now with all that said, I want to ask, should I resume my Onix hunt? or should I go for something else?

19. RedJirachi

Let me retitle-which Ultra Beast due to want available as a shiny first?

20. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Still working on the Litleo hunt, but I once again figured I'd test my luck in the grass on route 7. I really wish my temporary RE luck would work for this MM Litleo hunt.

[Img139]https://s28.postimg.org/6sncvs6lp/IMG_0870.jpg[/Img139]

Yellow Flabebe would probably be my least favourite one, but I'm certainly not going to look the gift horse in the mouth.

Congrats to all those with successful hunts and best of luck to those still hunting!