1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Congrats to Marvs on Wimpod, maldoror on Rockruff, Cutiefly, Bounsweet, Grubbin, Rattata, and Fomantis, AmethystLeslie on Castform, Erron Black on Comfey and Spinarak, Scherzando on Rattata, Keovix on Fomantis, Grubbin, and Bounsweet, Conquering Storm on Lillipup, Charoshi on Zigzagoon and Makuhita, Super Pichu Chan on Cutiefly and Rockruff, roule on Delibird, Dragalge on Passimian, Italianbaptist on Amoonguss, Absolutely Absol on Ditto, Frisk on Eevee, Hyokaze on completing your living shiny Dex, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Waves01 and RedJirachi for the congrats!

For the second time in 5 days I am near speechless... I just found a shiny Rowlet after only 104 SRs!

I think this is the best fast hunt I could have possibly gotten and I couldn't be happier! : D I had just started casually watching some shiny fail videos on YouTube while resetting for Rowlet and hunting Slowpoke in SoulSilver. When I looked down and saw the green bird on my screen my jaw dropped and I freaked. XD This is the second fastest non-MM hunt I've ever had (only Amaura was faster at 51 SRs). I really thought this one was going to take months, especially with how slow the SRs are - I can't believe my luck! I named my Rowlet Archer, and he has a Relaxed nature (same as Volcarona, heh) with Overgrow. I'm so glad my first gen 7 shiny was one of my favorites of the new generation. And now my Sun Trial Quest is officially underway! Next stop is Melemele Meadow, hoping for either Cutiefly or Oricorio.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

2. Waves01

Waves01 Shiny Hunter

Np. And awesome so far I'm at 330 for SR for shiny treecko in OR and 280 eggs for Minior. Happy holidays!

3. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Wow, not bad. Wish my owl would turn minty soon. 5,415 SRs at the time of typing. Kill me...

4. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

:D Christmas Eve shiny! After 2,064 eggs, I get a shiny super-size pumpkaboo! Gonna train it a bit, then send it forward to AS. He's impish and mischievous, relatively superior with four max IVs. Speed, however, is not one of them. Meh. Not like I intend to use it competitively. And he got PickUp, which was the ability I wanted.

Edit: And while training pumpkaboo in HP, I find a green zubat. Figures... Zubat is quiet nature and takes plenty of siestas, with Inner Focus. I'll send it forward to AS, too

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  5. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I caught a shiny Cubone! It only took me 85 SOS encounters!

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Yb5eIth.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/Pjpft4J.jpg[/IMG300]

6. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

After some horde hunting, I came across a shiny Hoppip.

7. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I'm horde hunting Reflection Cave, wanting a shiny roggenrola to take back to AS. Got a shiny mime jr instead, after 2620 REs/524 hordes. Still looking for that roggenrola. Also got another rare species, a HA carbink, non-shiny.

Mime jr is bashful and capable of taking hits, with Soundproof.

Edit: Second shiny mime jr after 2,870 REs/574 hordes. This one is sassy and mischievous, with Filter. Gonna chuck it into wonder trade.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  8. Keovix

Keovix Well-Known Member

Congratulations to everybody on your shinies!

These are my latest shinies

Comfey shone after 385 encounters, Naive nature and Perfect IV's in HP, Sp. Defense, Attack and Speed.

Cubone after 418 encounters, Rash nature and perfect IV's in Attack, Sp. Defense, Def and Speed.

Vulpix after only 24 encounters, Hardy nature and perfect IV's in HP, Sp. Attack and Defense.

And today I found shiny Alolan Meowth after 364 encounters, Hasty nature and perfect IV's in Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, Defense and Speed. Used a beast ball to capture it makes a nice match with this shiny.

Hopefully I can find a shiny Delibird before the days ends.
    Good luck to all those hunting!

9. Narshen

Narshen Rocket Grunt

I had my own sort of "Christmas miracle" today, hatching a perfect shiny Feebas while I wasn't even going for it!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  10. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I got lucky while fishing randomly at the Parfum Palace's pond on X version last night and I hooked a shiny Corphish hee hee. The irony is that I had spent days chain fishing for a shiny Corphish in Omega Ruby in 2014 and now suddenly I found my target in a different game hee hee. Any ways, I'm still doing my shiny Giratina shiny hunt as well and when it's done, I'll begin a shiny Heatran hunt. :3

11. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to
    Synnett on Cutiefly, maldoror on Magikarp, I, Pink Elephant on Caterpie, Samayouryu on Giratina, Gligari on Rowlet, Auraninja on Wimpod, Nintendofan82 on Spearow, Nakashima on Bulbasaur, tonyg44x on Heatran and Magnemite, Atome on Rockruff, Paraqua on Ekans, maldoror on Litten, Yoitsdaffy on Cubone, umbreonfan3636 on Rowlet, Cyberra on Landorus, Rsr57 on Meowth, Boulderash on Wailmer, Kirkeastment on Makuhita, LilyValley on Type: Null and Gumshoos and Popplio, Iwanuq on Popplio, Charoshi on Bonsly, Dibut on Murkrow, Shadow_Lugia_XD001 on Salandit, BlazingRagnarok on Raticate, Echo Nacyl on Hoothoot, Twilit Dragoon on Litten, NintendoFan82 on Miltank, brunocosta1 on Popplio and Petilil, oarfish on Turtonator and Litten, Blood Red Absol on Mareanie, unresponsive on Zubat, Paraqua on Rowlet, LilyValley on Rowlet, Erron Black on Komala, Fairy Witch on Raticate, Azulart on Sandygast and Jangmo-o, Samayouru on Squirtle, Weavy on Mudbray, _Edu on Magikarp, Charoshi on Rowlet, MissEevee on Rowlet, Cyberra on Regice, Marvs on Rowlet, Shiny Lord on both Rowlet and Litten and Popplio, unresponsive on Grimer, Ryohei on Rowlet, Samayouru on Fomantis, Atome on Riolu, Echo Nacyl on Dhelmise, Keovix on Type: Null, ghostlyslug on Golbat, Shiny Lord on Mimikyu, Kung Fu Ferret on Riolu, Ascended Dialga on Zubat, Crimson Penguin on Carbink, Erron Black on Mimikyu, Marvs on Mimikyu and Meowth, Echo Nacyl on Fearow, oarfish on Sandshrew, Completely Insanity on Rowlet, Atome on Riolu, maldoror on Drampa, Hyokaze on Zubat and Lillipup, Dangertrout on Minior, Blastonite on Lillipup and Type: Null and Pelipper, oarfish on Mimikyu, Cyberra on Registeel, Blastonite on Rowlet and both Crabrawler, LilyValley on Litten, Blood Red Absol on Rockruff, Charoshi on Volbeat, AmethystLeslie on Rufflet, Charoshi on Flabebe, Azulart on Wimpod, Manakete-Girl on Cleffa, Weavy on Finneon, Dragon trainer on Zubat, SmartD on Pikipek, Charoshi on Bibarel and Illumise, Echo Nacyl on Rockruff, Drakonekoshi on Jangmo-o, ChaoticInverse on Torchic, Sito on Cutiefly, maldoror on Pikipek and Mimikyu, oarfish on Mareanie, Marvs on Fearow, Sito on Mimikyu and Salandit, Mega Typhlosion on Litten and Bagon, Echo Nacyl on Rockruff, Scherzando on Sneasel, Vessel of Adam on Masquerain, Fulisha Light on Type: Null, ArchangelUnmei on Minior, Blastonite on both Dhelmise, Manakete-Girl on Vulpix, Ampharos_Spark on Litten, SkyMew on Abra, Laurelai on Sandile, Azulart on Rockruff, i2i on Wingull, taufik386 on Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Dhelmise, and Morelull; PokeAmi on Magby and both Salandit, Azulart on Type: Null, Crimson Penguin on Volcorona[/B], Marvs on Wimpod, maldoror on Rockruff, AmethystLeslie on Castform, Scherzando on Rattata, Conquering Storm on Lillipup, Super Pichu Chan on Cutiefly, roule on Delibird, Super Pichu Chan on Rockruff, Dragalge on Passimian, maldoror on Rattata, Italianbaptist on Amoongus, Crimson Penguin on Rowlet, Cyberra on Pumpkaboo, Narshen on Feebas, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, Nakashima :)

-------------

Rowlet, Rockruff line, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Kommo-o, Tsareena, and Golisopod. There are definitely some other good ones, but those are probably my favorites in terms of both shinies I like and Pokemon I like. Something like Palossand has a really neat shiny, but I’m just not a huge fan of it as a Pokemon. If I were hunting in Sun and Moon, I’d most likely be going after Grubbin first.

-------------

D: I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus recently. I think I was maybe getting a little burned out from hunting anyways, so I guess it was okay timing, but…My laptop broke =\ (Or, rather, I broke my laptop ^_^u) That happened near the end of November, and since it was just the screen having problems, I was sort of able to use it by plugging it into my TV (so I could still use my webcams without having to install them on my other laptop and try to get all the settings right), and then just using my other laptop for everything else.

But after a few days I got around to trying to fix it, ran into some more problems, procrastinated along each step of the way, but finally (after several weeks of not really being able to use it) got it working again without having to buy a new laptop! So hopefully I didn’t screw something else up in the process of fixing it, since I had to take my laptop apart (like all around the motherboard and stuff) and I’m not any sort of computer tech guy.

Anyways, that means I haven’t hunted since Dec. 1st. So it’s been quite a while for someone who normally hunts every day! But it was good to have a break. I ended up breeding some Ekans to eventually use for when I hunt Lugia, but I still have to get that whole team trained up so it’ll still probably be a very long time before I actually hunt it.

I’ve been hunting the last few days since I got my laptop fixed, but apparently I’m still out of luck as I typically am =\ 26,100 REs on Black 2, 9,400 REs on Platinum, and 5,300 REs on HeartGold. A lot of times when I take a short break from hunting, I return and find a shiny pretty soon after, but it looks like not this time…

Good luck, everyone (especially Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

12. Waves01

Waves01 Shiny Hunter

congrats to everyone for your shinies. Hope you had a great christmas. Im still MM hunting minior 290 eggs so far. also SR for a shiny treecko on the side 445 SR so far hope he turns blue soon.

13. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Has anyone ever gotten a shiny Delibird on Christmas? Because that would be fitting

14. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

:D I got my roggenrola. After 1,327 hordes/6,635 pokemon seen, the pebble turns purple. Female, lonely nature, somewhat vain, with Sturdy and holding an everstone.

I did get Pokemon Sun for Christmas... Now that I have roggenrola, once I get it and the others moved to AS I can prep for the litten SR

15. Charizard_Rulez84

Charizard_Rulez84 Pika Pika

I ran into a shiny Spinarak while working on my dex in Moon, then about 5mins later I ran into it's evo shiny a shiny Ariados, what are the chances of that lol, spinarak is male naive nature Ariados is female serious nature

On a side note does anyone know the odds for type null being shiny with and without charm?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  16. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Got my third BQ shiny last night, about 45 minute too late to call it a Christmas shiny.

For the first time, my target shiny was the one that shone, which was a nice change.

[Img139]https://s27.postimg.org/50k1qofoz/IMG_0890.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s27.postimg.org/5fvbjp1mb/IMG_0891.jpg[/Img139]

Really glad it was Magnemite and not Minun or Plusle, although I would have been okay with Minun. Plusles shiny is very meh, and I had a very low chance of finding one so I'm glad I got a Magnemite. Plus it fills the void of the steel type shiny I had never caught myself. Now I just need a ghost type.

Good luck to all those hunting and hopefully everyone had a great holiday season!

17. _Edu

_Edu Shiny Hunter

After my first disappointing shiny encounter in Sun -Magikarp-, this last week paid off:

*On Tuesday I got a surprise shiny Bagon in a Beast Ball while breeding for better IVs, funny thing is that he was born while I was testing how long will it take for eggs to hatch in Poké Pelago.

*Yesterday, as a Christmas gift I was going to Blush Mountain to get the Island Scan Rhyhorn and before entering I came across a shiny Alolan Geodude; I like cathing my shinies on Luxury Balls but this thing knows Self-Destruct and I didn't wanted to risk it so I threw the Level Ball becuase I think it matches and it was a critical capture... lolll

Congrats on your shinies, best of luck hunting and happy holidays!

18. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

SO I heard about the whole Masuda Method... method(?) in Sun and Moon that involves soft resetting and Magikarp, never paid much attention to it, but today I was breeding some comp Pokemon for trades and I had a feeling I'd get a shiny that I already had/didn't need so I decided I might as well try it, y'know? I've been trying to get Drampa for a while now and it's been a pain. So I saved, put Ditto and Wishiwashi(The Pokemon I was breeding for a trade) and the first egg was a Shiny! So I soft reset and put Drampa in with my Ditto and finally claimed my Shiny Drampa!!! I'm so glad I listened to my gut this time instead of shrugging it off XD

She's in a Level Ball, Modest with Sap Sipper, and has an IV spread of 31/31/xx/31/31/31, not exactly desirable, I'd rather have the defense and attack swapped, but nothing a bottle cap can't fix! Nicknamed her Falkor and I'm super psyched to use her soon!

Now that I'm done with Drampa, I can move on to my Sandshrew after I get my trades done. I'm currently sitting at 255 encounters for it, hoping I can get it soon. I don't want a long hunt for this one >.<

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  19. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

congrats on the shiny drampa :3 which I actually heard about this method but only downfall with this method is ruins the surprise feel of getting the shiny but if you really having a hard time I guess it doesn't hurt ;) I plan to not use this at all because I am a very patient gal as it is now going past 1,000+ eggs and resets for shiny pokes XD

20. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

So after like 500+ eggs I finally got my shiny target.
    In the end it was worth it, because it has these IV"s 31/30/31/31/31/0 with Quiet nature. Perfect if you ask me :)

I chose for Friend Ball to enhance the green tints in Vikavolts pincers, the red and yellow dots on the ball combine well with Shiny vikavolts eyes too !

[img139]https://s24.postimg.org/bn0gh43xx/WIN_20161227_14_46_01_Pro.jpg[/img139]