• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dangertrout

How can one see this community hunt? Is it in the first post of the threat or after in a random post? I'm interested! (EDIT: Saw it, nevermind!)

Question: Do you use anything beyond Illuminate to attract wild pokémon in RE? Like Sweet Scent, for instance. And can someone say why they deleted the effect of the White Flute?! Wasn't it perfect as it was back in RSE? Sadly, there's no other item to increase encounter rate, is there? I had the impression the Pure Incense did but it has the contrary effect... I mean, they have a Cleanse Tag! What purpose does the secondary effect of the item serve?! :(

Don't disappoint me, X/Y! We need White Flute's effect back or another item!

Good luck on your hunts, fellow Serebii members :D

Illuminate + Bicycle should stack

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Inspired by this community hunt, I'm doing a Zangoose!

Going around Village Bridge's dark grass with:

Watchog ("Meduseld" w/Illuminate - Hypnosis, Super Fang, Foresight, Sand Attack) - Hunter
Volcarona ("Muspelheim" w/Flame Body)
4 Zorua eggs for the Zorua Egg.

Saved in front of the Daycare before receiving them. Try to catch a shiny while having eggs in my party for the Zorua in mind. If the Zoruas are normal, pick new ones up again, hunt for Zangoose; repeat ad infinitum.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
SAW, a shiny Solrock in Black2. Wasn't really hunting, just going around. Failed capture. Argh! It was awesome! DX LOL

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Congrats to all the shinies. ^^

I hatch over 200 dunsparce egg. No luck so far.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Yay!

A shiny Hoothoot appeared (again) in my Platinum just now. I am happy with the great shiny, even though I have one on HG already...I was watching Arrow when it shone, but I ran out, caught it and saved. It also has the same nature as Starly, a Jolly nature. It took 9,852 REs for it to shine, but I kinda wanted Buneary to shine...but no complaints from me!
I now move on to Mt Coronet, but some business must be done. Oh, pics up tomorrow too!

Nitpick: Does Hoothoot count for the CH? If so, CH Complete!.

Dangertrout

Yay!

A shiny Hoothoot appeared (again) in my Platinum just now. I am happy with the great shiny, even though I have one on HG already...I was watching Arrow when it shone, but I ran out, caught it and saved. It also has the same nature as Starly, a Jolly nature. It took 9,852 REs for it to shine, but I kinda wanted Buneary to shine...but no complaints from me!
I now move on to Mt Coronet, but some business must be done. Oh, pics up tomorrow too!

Nitpick: Does Hoothoot count for the CH? If so, CH Complete!.

That is a good question. Hoothoot's eyes look more red than orange, so I think we can count it.

I'm still working on teams for my friends. About to start work on a Chikorita. Hopefully I can get these all done over the next week so I can start some real hunts again, instead of hoping to get lucky while doing this current project :p

Last edited:

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
1 quick question: for the CH do i need to post pics or will nat/ivs/etc suffice. im wondering because i can only use my wii for internet atm.[ill still take pics but it may be a while till i can post them].

if i can ill try to mm Drilbur for CH...

edit: alright thanx, and grats on the owl and the balloon :D
EDIT2: WOW...scratch mm off of there i just had a DUH! “WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!” moment... im hunting Tynamo...in a Cave...using the Super Repel Trick.....Why not just hunt for Drilbur while im there hunting Tynamo(all id have to do is stop avoiding the dust and get on purpose XD) :p

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
After 8458 SRs a yellow balloon shined brighter than the sun :D im so happy its finally mines i actually got it yesterday morning but im just posting about it
im already @850 for pachirisu congrats on the hoothoot aqua and good luck Also ive recently begun hunting in my W2 bq :D so wish me luck on that

well since i couldnt get a picture of the encounter + video:
http://i48.*******.com/2nl7hg5.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LuqLozxBXQ

heres the rest of my team atm as well:
http://i49.*******.com/35i0uoz.jpg
http://i48.*******.com/i3f6hj.jpg

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Not true actually XD I did get a Shiny Klink in Black in November after only 150 REs! Thought gustavo had a 14,000+ hunt in there.
Also, wow, 2 and 1/2 days and that many REs...well done on the amount of REs.

As for me, no luck yet. 493 SRs for Snivy, would've been 500 were it not for Captain America and reading the Hunger Games...9,500 REs in Eterna Forest though.

Good luck, and may the odds ev-*shot*
Yeah, just good luck and a huge congrats to every single shiny caught recently!

I also had the shiny charm in Black 2, so concerning odds, that's easily the worst luck I've had with a shiny. :p And thanks, I actually managed to total my RE count over this weekend to be 2400, plus even more that I can't remember from Friday.

My total RE count is 6688, so I'm coming close to the odds, which I expected. I'm still a little bummed by the delay for Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I hoped to be playing now, so I'm hoping for a shiny soon. It would be great compensation. :p Otherwise, I'll just have to wait patiently. Congrats on the recent shinies, Zangoose, Hoothoot, and Drifloon are ones I can remember, and good luck everyone!

Floette

Fennekin
Congratulations everyone ^_^ MMing for Mawile begins tomorrow. I was tempted to do Skitty though! :p

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hi all, just dropping in. This Saturday, Feb. 9, will be one month since I began my shiny Wobbuffet hunt, and I've still got nothing. I'm just hoping it won't take seven months like it did for wingull. I don't even keep track of the number of encounters, just the days that have passed. I'm hunting in the Dark Cave in HeartGold with a level 14 illuminate volbeat with a smoke ball, so I'm getting constant encounters. Hopefully I'll get a shiny Wobbuffet soon. I wouldn't mind geodude, zubat, or golbat either since I haven't had those, but I'm hoping I don't end up with a shiny graveller because I already have one that evolved into golem.

If I get Wobbuffet within the next six weeks, I may do buneary next for Easter (March 31). If not, I'll do Marill next, then buneary.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Sorry about that Solrock, Chapter =\

Congrats to AquaRegisteel on Hoothoot, and Cocoadragon on Drifblim!

As you can see, my Eevee evolved into Umbreon tonight :) Still have some more EV training that I'll hopefully finish tomorrow.

Today I did 250 REs at Virbank and 150 SRs for Piplup.

Good luck to everyone :)

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
No news yet about the hunt/race for Snivy yet, but I figured I'd post a quick update. Still going strong for Snivy, and I'm determined to place in this race, even if I get last place :p

Congrats on everyone's recent shines! I'd congratulate you all individually, but that is a bit hard on a tablet. If I have time to get on my computer in the next few days I'll be sure to get all the names.

Well good luck to everyone on their hunts, and I leave you all with a little question I was curious about. What was your longest hunt and how long did it take you?

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Dunno if any of the old Shiny Pokemon Club crowd still post in these.

Recently cleared Black Tower and got my shiny Gible, it is now a Lv50 Garchomp, gonna use the Join Avenue to up it's attack and speed, even if it means dropping it's HP. I've already done that with my shiny Rayquaza (WHICH HAS A STORY BEHIND IT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED).

Got a TON of other shinies too.

EDIT: Community Hunt Complete
Reason: I got the Gible yesterday, and it does have a reddish colour on it.

EDIT AGAIN: Never mind. It doesn't count.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I see Helio is still here, how have you been? I was just looking at your Join Avenue discussion with Shine, can you recieve characters over Wi-Fi?

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats Aqua on Hoot hoot and to Cocoa on Drifloon! Great shinies guys!

I did no hunting whatsoever over the weekend so I'll try get a bit done this week. Currently at 2,500 REs.

Best of luck everyone and congrats on recent shinies.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
No news yet about the hunt/race for Snivy yet, but I figured I'd post a quick update. Still going strong for Snivy, and I'm determined to place in this race, even if I get last place :p

Congrats on everyone's recent shines! I'd congratulate you all individually, but that is a bit hard on a tablet. If I have time to get on my computer in the next few days I'll be sure to get all the names.

Well good luck to everyone on their hunts, and I leave you all with a little question I was curious about. What was your longest hunt and how long did it take you?

For me it was Croagunk, which I started hunting for in January 2012 and finished in the following May and took 3281 eggs to get it.

I've now hatched 1260 eggs in my hunt for a shiny Venipede and is over the shiny charm odds. Dunno when it'll show up, it's all good 'cause I've been making pretty speedy progress I think.

Once this is done I'm uncertain as to what I'll do next, my three choices are either:
- MM Skorupi or Duskull for the CH
- SR for some of the other legendaries in Black 2
- Start a badge quest on HeartGold

Congrats on Zangoose, Hoothoot, Drifloon and all the other shinies that everyone's gotten as of late.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Helio may like to hear this, but I've decided to get back into shiny hunting after who knows how long. My first hunts will be Lapras on Black, Skarmory on Black 2 and, if I decide to get a 3rd DSlite (my current one has a loose hinge), I'll go for Snivy too.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
YET ANOTHER EDIT: I see Helio is still here, how have you been? I was just looking at your Join Avenue discussion with Shine, can you recieve characters over Wi-Fi?

Hey, Pink Lapras - haven't seen you around for ages! I'm doing ok. ^_^ Yeah, if someone visits your dream world, or you do a wi-fi or GTS trade with someone, then that person's avatar will visit your Join Avenue (and you can let them open up a shop).

I leave you all with a little question I was curious about. What was your longest hunt and how long did it take you?

I'm currently doing my longest hunt right now; I'm at 32,000 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest. >_>

Last edited: