1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Congrats to FairyWitch on Rockruff, maskofsanity1998 on Dewpider, Completely Insanity on Type: Null, Keovix on Pyukumuku, Atome on Murkrow and Togedemaru, Lurantis on Rowlet and Litten, maldoror on Dewpider and Vulpix, Crimson Penguin on Cutiefly, Cutty on Crabrawler, Stufful, Togedemaru, Fomantis and Sandygast, The Thunderbird on Spearow, Echo Nacyl on Type: Null, Laurelai on Elekid and to Shinyhunter1990 on Zigzagoon

After 356 eggs, a shiny Mimikyu hatched

Ball: Level Ball
    Female (Nicknamed Kanata, after the mother of Konata from the anime Lucky Star)
    Adamant Nature (Through everstone) and the Disguise ability.
    IV's: 30/31/31/31/31/16 - 25

*Edit*

Just found myself a shiny Crabrawler after about 80 - 85 SOS encounters

Male (Nicknamed Tamatoa, After the villainous giant crab from Disney's Moana)
    Caught in a love ball
    Modest Nature
    Iron Fist ability
    Perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF and Sp. ATK

Good luck to all future shinies

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Vale_Star

Vale_Star Shiny Huntress

I just got my Shiny Charms in Sun and Moon and so far nothing has showed up for me. Is there like a wait limit on how long it takes to work? Because I want my Pink Cutiefly and Black Sandygast. The Shiny charms cost me my spare Lunala/Solgaleo to get the stubborn Weaviles, I never got a Razor Claw to evolve my Sneasels.

3. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

There's no "wait limit" on the Shiny Charm, it affects the game immediately. You just haven't been lucky. :/

I started doing some DexNav hunting in AS and decided to go for Zorua. I'm at a chain of a little over 200 right now, and I have about 70 total PP left. I don't feel like I'll be getting it from this first trip, but who knows.

edit: Shiny Zorua after 252 encounters! Unfortunately the Synchronizer didn't take and the Zorua's bold, but whatever. Another nice shiny for my collection. It's my first DexNav shiny too. :>

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/8hm9mzX.jpg[/img139][img139]http://i.imgur.com/krpsDFU.jpg[/img139]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  4. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

Traded my shiny Silvally for a shiny Friend Ball Togedemaru (I prefer type:null's shiny infinitely over its evolution anyway). I'm currently using my new shiny to farm for more bank Ball and potentially shiny hedgehogs :)

Also went to the GTS and got a shiny Japanese 4 perfect IVs and 1 near perfect Alola Grimer for a Celesteela. I love the callback in Alola Grimer and Muk's shiny form :)

5. Paraqua

Congrats to all recent shinies

Luck has struck again during another SOS hunt

After about 60 - 70 SOS encounters, a shiny Dewpider showed up

Female (Nicknamed Amethyst)
    Jolly nature with the ability Water Absorb
    Perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF and Speed

6. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Mareanie! This morning I was finishing up EV training it against Shellders when one showed up shiny! I caught it fairly easily.

I am now leveling up/SOS hunting Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o. I have already started a Passimian MM hunt, but am looking for a better foreign language parent (I have a 5 IV of either gender English parent).

7. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should hunt for after my semester is over? I only hunted Pikipek and Caterpie just to see if I have any good luck lol

8. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Congrats to everyone who found shinies since my last post!

Since my last post I've managed to complete my Omega Ruby badge quest! I'm very happy about that fact, even if it's not quite as fulfilling as finishing my SS BQ would be.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/wzee3s329/IMG_0912.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/3ya1udim9/IMG_0913.jpg[/Img139]

About 10 days ago I came across this guy in a horde, while taking a break from dexnaving numel and trying to boost Spoinks search level instead. The Machop line are good shinies and good Pokemon so I wasn't too upset about getting the duplicate type.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/8lg3w55z5/IMG_0921.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/w0y11hpq9/IMG_0924.jpg[/Img139]

Finding my 7th shiny took forever. I maxed out the search level for about 6 different Pokemon before deciding to do some fishing to get a water type. And on Friday the 13th I was finally rewarded with this gorgeous shiny female Feebas! As painful as this leg of the hunt was, the rewards were very very sweet. And to find it on a fishing chain of only 14 after all the long chains, searches and hunts, was pretty sweet.

[Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/a31k7papt/IMG_0931.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s30.postimg.org/y829pev0h/IMG_0934.jpg[/Img139]

Lastly, as luck would have it I went back to Mt. Pyre summit and came across this guy pretty early in my hunting yesterday. Guess the law of averages evened out from my painfully long prior hunt. With this ghost type, I finally have personally caught one shiny of every type of Pokemon, thus completing a personal goal of mine.

Good luck to all those still hunting, especially those doing their own Badge Quests/Island Quests/Legendaries etc.

I hope my all things considered (outside of Pokemon 7) decent luck on this BQ passes to all of those hunting!

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  9. Appledashie

Appledashie Shiny Hunter!

Hi fellow shiny hunters! I am new to the shiny hunting scene and I have question.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    However I need to know what this means. Sometimes I watch Shiny Hunters on Youtube hunt and in the title of there videos they will say for example "Phase 1" "Phase 2" "Phase 3" what do these phases mean exactly? I'm not talking about like Safari Zone. They will put these "Phase" in titles on many different targets. Can someone please explain why they do this and what it means exactly? Google was no help looking for the answer... Thanks and best of luck on your Shiny hunts!

10. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Thank you to those of you who congratulated me on my Null hunt. (@Laurelai ever seen Guzzlord when you drop a bean? It's the cutest thing evar)

Just got my newest shiny while casually EV training a Celesteela. Drowzee at a SOS chain of only 26. Caught in a Heal Ball, male, level 10, Insomnia, Hasty, Capable of Taking Hits with 31s in HP, Defense, and SpDef.
    I don't really feel motivated to update my signature with an unintentional find though, so I'll just leave Null there for now >.<

11. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

It's a pretty easy explanation, actually. Those shiny hunters are going for a specific target, but they're getting shinies of everything except what they're hunting for. If they're hunting fo, say, a shiny vulpix and get a marill instead, they call if "phase one" and resume hunting for vulpix. If the next shiny is an altaria, then it's "phase two" of the vulpix hunt. And they keep going until they get their vulpix. This is pretty much what cpchris is doing right now on one of their hunts. The number of "phases" it takes to get the target shiny depends on how many non-target shinies pop up before the actual target decides to cooperate.

I'm approaching 2,700 SRs in my litten hunt. Really want to punch that smile off Kukui's face at this point.

12. maldoror

I didn't expect to be posting again this soon! After a few hours of SOS hunting I decided to browse the GTS to find better foreign language parents for two of my targets: Passimian and Morelull. After a few trades, I got a relatively superior Morelull with IVs in the right spots and a Modest nature so I set to breeding. 14 eggs later it shined!! I was stunned.

I passed on Pokerus and set to EV training on Oricorio. After a chain of about 30, a white pom-pom wielding bird appeared! I have SOS chained hundreds of these birds in the past (and bred a few hundred as well), so this was something I really wanted. So now I am going to finish EV training Morelull, Oricorio, and Shellder and then move back to Passimian breeding.

EDIT: Ok, this is unreal. I moved my special attack EV training to Psyduck since they have a much better call rate than Oricorio. Out pops a blue duck! He is lonely natured with outstanding potential; perfect IVs in HP, SpA, Attack, SpD.

EDIT number 2: After getting Psyduck, I switched back to Oricoria for SpA (I have multiple Psyducks/Golducks from prior gens and didn't want more). Another Oricorio shined! This one has outstanding potential and pefect IVs in SpA, At, SpD, and Sp; with a fantastic in Def.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. SkyMew

SkyMew Well-Known Member

Only after around 6 days of soft-resetting, I manage to reset myself a Shiny Snivy in Pokémon White.

It's my first Shiny ever in this game, and it looks absolutely great.

14. AmethystLeslie

AmethystLeslie Well-Known Member

I was in Poni Plains going somewhere, and was ambushed by a shiny Raticate. I caught it in a Repeat Ball on the first turn.

Male, Naughtly, Hustle, Pretty Good/Decent/Decent/Decent/Decent/Decent.

Welp.

15. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Before battling the Elite 4, I quickly transferred my Pokemon from X to OR using Bank, in order to get the shiny charm. Before battling the elite 4, I wanted to find one more shiny, specifically Zorua.

Well Zorua wasn't showing up for me, so I ran around for a little bit until a patch of grass started shaking. I walked into it and this is what I found.

[Img139]https://s27.postimg.org/yyeghsk6b/IMG_0936.jpg[/Img139]

This came as a complete shock. This was only the 2nd Lillipup I'd seen. I found this baby randomly on a search level of 2. Even came with ice fang, which is sort of sweet I guess.

I decided I'd battle the Elite 4 after finding this one, I'll hunt more for Zorua later.

That rings my total up to 9 shinies. By far the most I ever found on one in-game play through (previous record was 2 xD)

Congrats to those with their shinies and good luck to those hunting!

16. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well I continued doing some chain fishing on Alpha Sapphire yesterday at various sea routes, but I didn't have any luck hooking a shiny once again. I did some Friend Safari shiny hunting as well just for kicks hee hee, but no luck with that either. Right now I'm just focusing on my shiny Mareanie hunt on Moon and I've set aside my shiny Giratina hunt this week so that I would have more free time for my Moon hunt.

17. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

I guess my game was not going to have it, with me not updating my signature. In less than 150 eggs, it spat my target shiny, Cutiefly, at me. And it couldn't have given me a better one. Female, Shield Dust, Timid, Love Ball, egg moves Baton Pass/Moonblast, 31/x/31/31/31/31.

Onwards to Wimpod!

EDIT: What on earth?! Third egg, Wimpod shone! I quite literally yelled "WHAT?!" Male, Lure Ball, Adamant, egg moves Wide Guard/Aqua Jet/Spikes, 31s in HP/Def/SpDef/Speed, "very good" in both attack stats.

Next target is either going to be Meowth or Cubone.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  18. maldoror

My luck the last few days has been insane! Yesterday I completed EV training my recent shinies and was leveling up/SOS hunting Hakamo-o when a shiny female showed up after a few hours of hunting! I set out to EV train her against Rockruff in the hopes of getting a second shiny (so I could get both forms) and one shined this morning! After catching Rockruff, I switched to Yungoos to continue EV training and one shined! All three SOS shinies ended up with 4 perfect IVs and outstanding overall potential. Now I am off to finish EV training and wonder if this streak will continue...

EDIT: My insane lucky streak continues!! After about two hours of SOS hunting/EV training Mudbray shined! I'm now off to do some SOS hunting for Pichu.

EDIT #2: I really don't know how to react to this luck anymore. After a few hours of Pichu hunting, a shiny male Pichu appeared! He has outstanding overall potential with perfect HP, SpA, SpD, and Speed IVs. I set out to do some defense EV training on Cubones. When I was just about to finish up, a shiny Kangaskhan appeared!! She is outstanding as well, with one "decent" IV...in attack. I already have a competitive shiny Kangaskhan that I bred on OR, so she will remain a trophy. But the odds of her showing up have to be pretty slim.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  19. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

Hey guys, I am here with an shiny update.

I hatched 3 shiny wingulls in a batch of 200 eggs, thats a triple hatch for me and thats a first.. Love my shiny luck :p

TOday, I received another shiny in 272 eggs which is Morelull, I'm happy it has its HA. Was affraid it would get it, but no complains it !

Pics below and good luck fellow shiny hunterzz !

[img139]https://s30.postimg.org/flqiocfch/weg.jpg[/img139]

20. Paraqua

Congrats to all recent shinies

While searching for Stufful on Route 8 in Pokémon Sun (Which is really hard to find), I ran
    into a shiny Fletchinder

Female (Nicknamed Lori)
    Adamant nature with the Flame body ability