1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

Grats everyone on your new shinies, and a shout out to Azulart on the Morelull. I love that one. Gonna have to get it sometime :D

Pyukumuku *finally* popped shiny for me! Off and on, I'd been working on this one for weeks. Here she is :) My little Pickle.
    [spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170120_115557_zps6rkjpnwu.png[/img139][/spoil]

[spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170120_115831_zpsu0pxtqka.png[/img139][/spoil]

[spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170120_115956_zps2xgmjmz9.png[/img139][/spoil]

Pickle is a just for fun and because its so derned cute catch :D Counting down til Pokebank arrives for Sun/Moon so I can resume breeding competative shinies muuuuuuuch easier than now.

2. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

I love your signature, it looks great!

Hi everyone, if anyone remembers me. I've been very quiet in general, and honestly my luck in the way of shinies is non-existent at the moment. I'm hatching for Sandygast right now, and hoping to get a random shiny in Moon. I've also been REing in the Nature Preserve since November in White 2, but nothing yet.

Good luck everyone!

3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Has anyone been lucky enough for their Island Scan Pokemon to turn up shiny?

4. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

Got the shiny charm on Pokémon Sun yesterday and have already gotten three shinies from SOS hunts. Sandyghast, Rockruff and Rattata. Once it's daytime I'll try for Dewpider. I miss posting in this thread!

5. Keovix

Keovix Well-Known Member

Congratulations everybody on your shinies!

Today shiny Mimikyu hatched after 368 eggs! Mimikyu has Jolly nature and it has perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Sp. Attack, Defense and Speed.

Gonna MM Minior now.
    Good luck to all those hunting!

6. DS0308

DS0308 <--- Actually me

So I haven't really done any shiny hunting in the past purely because I never got the Shiny Charm to make it worthwhile (although I did chain fish a Magikarp and hatch a "perfect" 5IV Pidgey in ORAS amongst about three wild encounters). I finished the Alola Pokedex really quickly in Sun so I've started doing it in the last couple of weeks with fairly good results.

Basically my intent is to go through all the new Gen 7 Pokemon and Alola formes through SOS Battles and then move onto to the ones I can only do from eggs (which would include the starters).

First up was Pikipek which was roughly around 400 encounters. Ended up being Naive nature with Skill Link which isn't 100% perfect but it's pretty close, although I'll probably give it Overheat as a fourth move for battling purposes as its semi-viable with that nature. 4IV obviously and I'll consider dropping some Bottle Caps on it later down the line.

Scooped up Yungoos yesterday after around 800 encounters sporadically spread over a week due to me going on holidays, haha. Had a Naughty nature, close again, with Stakeout for it's ability but would've liked Adaptability.

Next up on the list is Grubbin (I really like Vikavolt's Shiny), but I'm currently hatching some Rough Skin Gible so maybe if I'm lucky I might grab one there.

7. Paraqua

Paraqua Beginning Trainer

Congrats to all recent shinies

After a long Cute Charm method SOS hunt, I finally found and caught a shiny female Salandit

Nickname: Tsukuyo (After a character in the anime series Gintama)
    Lax nature with the Corrosion ability
    Perfect IV's in HP, Def, Sp. ATK and Speed

ATK is No Good
    Sp. DEF is Decent

Good luck to all future shinies

8. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Still working on litten... I'm about to hit 3,500 SRs. Really hoping it shines soon.

>.< Come on, litten... there are so many other 'mons I want to hunt in this game! You're holding everything up!

9. Atome

Atome Snowy Poochyena

So back when X and Y came out they had friend safaris. I had someone who had charmeleon, growlithe, and braxien. I decided to hunt for growlithe, but ended up with two charmeleons, and one braxien before I gave up. So today I decided to go after that golden pupper and here he is!
    16195425_1507178409311984_1534117593104296905_n.jpg

10. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Huzzah. On the 312th egg, Meowth shone! Beast Ball, Timid, Pickup, Male, egg moves Parting Shot/Foul Play, 31/30/31/31/31/31. I am thrilled.

11. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

Shiny Mareanie on Wonder Trade. Dusk Ball. Regenerator. OT ended with .TV but it wasn't auslove....hmmm....still a little weird but I'll see how toxapex looks

12. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

congrats on all the recent shinies :D

I haven't really shiny hunted again yet for a new target but I been trying to get the shiny charm nearly 80% done ^_^ after I get it I plan on hunting more and on top of it bank should be around the corner soon and continue my shiny oddish hunt from oras >.>

13. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I did some more Friend Safari shiny hunting on X version this past weekend, tho nothing shiny showed up sadly. I didn't have much time to chain fish for shinies in Y or Alpha Sapphire, but I did spend lots of time doing more soft resets for shiny Giratina on Pearl as well as more S.O.S. encounters for a shiny Mareanie in Moon version. I have the next few days off any ways, so I'll work harder on these hunts. :]

14. Supremacy

Supremacy Shiny Hunter

i'm still going strong for shiny Popplio! 717 SRs so far and these long SRs don't feel as bad now but I'm still hoping I get this under odds.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone, especially those SRing for starters! :]

15. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Careful you didn't just jinx yourself. I'm at 3,645 and counting for litten

16. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

Urrrrggggg it's been a while since I hunted anything. I've been focusing on real life for a while and trying to find time to draw, write and hunt. It hasn't been easy. :/

However, I have finally decided to return to Virbank Complex to get my own back! For those of you not in the know: I got a Patrat after 1000 REs, and then had to do another 28K REs only to get another Patrat. It was a troublesome time. Here's to hoping I'll get something other than Patrat this time around. I'll probably wait until I'm over the odds to switch back to Bulbasaur for a while.

Good luck to everyone - may the odds be in your favour!

17. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I completed an SOS hunt for shiny Bruxish! It took over 300 encounters. Bruxish has a brutally low success rate for calling for help, so this was frustrating and tedious. But that bright bright red-orange and green fish was worth it! She has four prefect IVs (HP, Att, SpA, and Speed). I was EV training her in attack against Mankey via SOS when one shined! I had just passed the 40 mark, so she has the four IVs...but a Modest nature. I was looking to start another Mankey chain to continue training when Bagon showed up, so I am now about 200 into that chain. Once I am done training Bruxish and Mankey, I am going to pause my hunts to bring my competitive shinies forward from OR.

18. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

I'm thinking about SRing for Wimpod. Any thoughts?

19. Aaron1

Aaron1 Member

I think I may have just burnt my luck for the next 3,000 years. Was hunting in Thrifty Megamart for a Mimikyu, ended up finding a random Shiny Klefki. That isn't the end of it, as about 10 minutes later I found ANOTHER one:
    /D0oBZ6K.jpg (imgur link, add it at the end of imgur . com)

If my calculations are correct, the odds of encountering two Shiny Klefki at Thrifty Megamart are 82,846,404 to 1 odds.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  20. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

I think there is something wrong with the RNG for these games. I've seen Youtubers who have gotten back to back shinies in SOS encounters (which is a shiny fail since you can only catch one of them)