1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Aaron1

Aaron1 Member

These were straight out of the field encounters, no SOS at all.

2. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

Yeah but RNG affects Random Encounters as well. I'm just using the SOS as an example

3. Aaron1

Aaron1 Member

Fair enough. Still doesn't change the fact I nearly crapped out most of my internal organs when the second one showed up.

4. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I've been on and off for Zekrom for a while now and it wasn't even a week and my brother had successfully got shiny Virizion, Ho-Oh, Reshiram, and Azelf from SR'ing, me being frustrated with my Zekrom hunt handed my game to my brother and said "You must have the magic touch or something, get me it x)" Didn't even take him a day and he brought my 3DS up to me and low and behold there was a Shiny Zekrom on the screen. Nicknamed it Lixiang, which I think means ideal in Chinese.(Isn't Zekrom the ideals one?) It's a Jolly nature too, which is really good!

Then a little later I hatched myself a Shiny Sandygast! It's in a Heavy Ball, Modest, Water Compaction, and 31/31/31/31/31/xx. Nicknamed him Azores and am currently EV training him up and eventually evolving him into Palossand. :)

5. SnazzySwampert

SnazzySwampert Well-Known Member

Damn, it's been a while since I've posted here... or, anywhere on here actually. BUT! I have many new shiny Pokemon to share!

I transferred a bunch of Shinies from Alpha Sapphire to Sun two days ago, including: Drifblim, Crobat, Sawk, Klinklang, Bellossom, Exploud, and Camerupt.

Crobat, Camerupt, Bellossom, and Exploud were all caught on Alpha Sapphire last year, the rest were transferred.

Now onto the good stuff. A while back while EV training a Pokemon, I ran into a random shiny Lillipup! I was really surprised at that. She is now a strong Stoutland!

Then, while breeding for a competitive Popplio, my 6th egg turned out to be shiny! Sadly it didn't have a good nature though. But he is a pretty yellow haired Primarina though.

Then, while EV training yet again, I encountered a shiny Pelipper!

But recently, I started to hunt for a shiny Rowlet, and I got it a few days ago! It's a competitive bred shiny Rowlet too, good nature and some egg moves! He's an amazing Decidueye now and I'm really happy that I got my favorite starter as a shiny!

Oh, congrats to everyone on all the recent shinies as well!

6. Shinyhunter1990

Shinyhunter1990 Shiny Hunter 4 life

Congrats to all who have caught shiny Pokémon. I just hatched a shiny Froakie on sun version. This is my first shiny of gen 7!! It's stats are 31/31/31/XX/31/31, and its timid nature. IMG_1422.jpg

7. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

well here we go finally my dex is 100% done :D

http://i.imgur.com/F1JIpiE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/tCJudHj.jpg

congrats to recent shinies and once I finish breeding a few things up I will start a new shiny hunt here is a hint this its a starter :p good luck to all hunts ^_^

also before getting charm sos calling for castform which showed up at the same time btw -__- so it was annoying I had to knock it out for the shiny but I did finally get my castform to enter my dex later :D

http://i.imgur.com/IOGmq8w.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I managed to snag a shiny Finneon while EV training a shiny Snorunt I caught in FS on Y a while back (I moved it to Sun via Bank and evolved it to Froslass). I am taking a break from SOS hunting and going back to breeding mainly for the better control of the natures.

I like that Bank now shows you your stats from the games you have connected to it. I was surprised by some; such as the 200k+ wild encounters on Y and that I have already hatched over 6000 eggs on Sun. Yikes.

EDIT: After about 50 eggs, Minior shined! It is Adamant with 5 perfect IVs (missing SpA). Now on to Dhelmise.

EDIT 2: And about 60 eggs later, Dhelmise shined! I am now trying for Alolan Sandshrew.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Anyone get a shiny Minior in the wild thanks to the Random Number God being really kind? In my opinion that's the best new shiny Pokemon, and such an occurance is the Safari shiny Chansey of this generation. That or an SOS shiny Salamence

10. Scherzando

Scherzando scare-TZAN-doe

No... oh noooo... NOOOOOOO!!!!! I just hatched a shiny beast ball Totodile... but I was just trying to get a female so I could pass on some egg moves, and I forgot to give the parent an everstone - no biggie because the totodiles I planned to breed it with already had the nature I needed. I only collected like 8 eggs and jokingly thought, I'm pretty sure I forgot to give it an everstone, so if I hatch a shiny, I'm screwed. 5th egg, I get a shiny, and what does it get but a GENTLE nature. And of COURSE it gets Sheer Force. That would've been the perfect shiny ever but I forgot the everstone T_T I've never been this angry to get a shiny XD

OMG and I just remembered that last night I had a dream that I ran into a shiny Terrakion and accidentally KO'd it with a critical hit. And then this happens... wow. That's exactly how I feel too, like I just lost a shiny. I'm gonna give the Totodile to a friend who doesn't care about natures.

Edit: okay guys, I'm so irrationally upset about this that I'm going to stop all my progess and MM another proper one this time. My main concern is if I'll be lucky enough to get Sheer Force again :/

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  11. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

At 4,180 SRs, I am now officially over odds for litten. This is a stubborn firekitten. Looking like I'm not gonna get a shiny in January.

12. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Keep going, Cyberra :) I'm at 9,736 and counting for Rowlet now. It be like [img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271628156841099268/273911407056257024/giphyXHIQK192.gif[/img139]

13. Bowlbasaur

Bowlbasaur Well-Known Member

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies! I've had a busy month and have been slacking on shiny hunting, but last night I had my first successful shiny using the Magikarp swap! A nice little shiny Axew will be joining me on my second run through of Moon :)

Happy Hunting all!

Attached Files:

14. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

I am now at 5,000 REs for Virbank. Things are moving much quicker now I have 2 copies of both games each. Here's to hoping I won't encounter another Patrat.

It could be worse - I hunted for Yamask in my 5th gen games for just over 5 years before it finally showed up (and even though a lot of people will probably disagree, I think Cofagrigus's shiny colours are awesome so it was totally worth it in the end). Keep going, I'll be rooting for you!

So this is a random question I thought would make for an interesting topic: How many consoles have you seen people hunt on at one time? I was stunned when I saw one guy on youtube hunting on eight GBA SPs with Ruby and Sapphire. I don't know how he managed to stop himself from getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!

15. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Honestly I've seen similar YouTube videos and it honestly is one of the things that puts me off from watching shiny videos, if someone is wielding way too many consoles at once. 4 is probably my limit but I love watching shiny videos with just one console. Too many consoles just makes seeing the shiny harder which detracts from the video imo. Just my 2 pennies/cents,

I passed the 300 egg mark for Sandygast. I have nearly 2 hours to hunt on the bus daily but I can't hunt very well because I get motion sickness quickly if I try to hunt. Does anyone else experience that problem when trying to hunt on public transport or in a car?

White 2 is also proving a pain for Nuzleaf / Fraxure / Altaria. I'm certain I'm past the odds now. Good luck to everyone though!

16. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Congrats to Cutty on Sandygast and your other shinies, The Thunderbird on Spearow, Echo Nacyl on Type: Null, Drowzee, Cutiefly, Wimpod, and Meowth, Laurelai on Elekid and Pyukumuku, Shinyhunter1990 on Zigzagoon and Froakie, Paraqua on Mimikyu, Crabrawler, Dewpider, Fletchinder, and Salandit, xerxes on Zorua, maldoror on Mareanie, Morelull, Oricorio x2, Psyduck, Hakamo-o, Rockruff, Yungoos, Mudbray, Pichu, Kangaskhan, Bruxish, Mankey, Finneon, Minior, and Dhelmise, Charoshi on Machop, Feebas, Shuppet, and Lillipup, SkyMew on Snivy, AmethystLeslie on Raticate, Azulart on Wingull x3 and Morelull, Crimson_Blazer on Sandygast, Rockruff, and Rattata, Keovix on Mimikyu, DS0308 on Pikipek and Yungoos, Atome on Charmeleon x2, Braixen, and Growlithe, Aaron1 on Klefki x2, Erron Black on Zekrom and Sandygast, SnazzySwampert on Lillipup, Popplio, Pelipper, and Rowlet, FairyWitch on Exeggcute, Scherzando on Totodile (good luck getting one with the nature you wanted!), Bowlbasaur on Axew, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Paraqua for the congrats!

I've seen seven or eight at once as well. I can barely manage hunting on more than two systems at a time, so I don't know how these people do it - they have a crazy amount of dedication to shiny hunting. In fact, from what I've seen, a lot of them tend to fail shinies more often because it's just too hard to pay attention to all those games at once.

Haven't had a chance to post these until now, but I've managed to get two more shinies since the last time I was here. The first was a shiny Fletchling on my Y Route Quest, just a few days after I got Cutiefly. It came after 5240 REs, which isn't so bad. Her name is Red Baroness and she has a Quiet nature. I've since evolved her into a Talonflame and will probably use her as my new MM hatcher. The second was a shiny Tranquill in White last week while hunting for Mienfoo and Druddigon at Dragonspiral Tower. It appeared after 3403 REs total, and on only the second encounter of the day - I was completely flabbergasted! This one is also female, named Phoebe, with a Calm nature and the Big Pecks ability. I'll be keeping her as a Tranquill because I prefer male Unfezant's shiny, and Tranquill itself is actually a much nicer shiny in person than I'd ever realized.

I'm now onto the third hunt of the Route Quest, hoping for a (male) Burmy on Route 3, and I've started Phase 2 at Dragonspiral Tower, where I'm now repel tricking to guarantee that I get one of my targets. I'm also slowly chipping away at my other hunts, and especially hoping that Chimchar decides to show its face soon because it's starting to get close to the odds (6600 SRs atm). Maybe I'll get lucky and find one last shiny before January is over.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially Cyberra and TheMaster327 on your Gen 7 starters!

17. Scherzando

Scherzando scare-TZAN-doe

@Crimson Penguin: Thanks for the congrats! I feel like I don't deserve them because all I did was complain about a shiny. XD

I feel better now that I'm going to MM a proper one, but now my question is which ball do I put it in: Beast like the original or Dive?

Oh, and I caught a second shiny Rattata the other day while EV training. It wasn't the first encountered like last time, but the first one called in the chain. Same nature as the first xD but Hustle instead of Gluttony.

Edit: OMG I GOT A SHINY RALTS!!!!!!!! I can't believe I got it the first day of MMing!! After that Totodile failure I decided to try for the Moon HA Ralts I've been wanting ever since Mega Gallade was revealed. I wasn't keeping track of eggs but it only took about an hour and a half or so...? He's perfect 5IV and MALE THANK ARCEUS, buuuut unfortunately no HA. I'm wondering if I should keep trying... but then I'll probably get a female or something lol. I guess if he's gonna be Mega most of the time (eventually...) the HA doesn't really matter THAT much. Imma name him Orpheus! :D

Edit #2: Ha... ha ha... you know what? Synchronize/Steadfast isn't good enough. I've been wanting a moon ball HA FOREVER. I knew going in that this hunt would likely take multiple tries and I am still DETERMINED to get it. SO THE HUNT CONTINUES!

Edit #3: Before I get back to Ralts or Totodile, I'm going to try a few Honedge eggs. I've been hatching while collecting so I can't really keep track but I estimate that I'll have around 100 or more by the time I finish hatching what I got. If there's no shiny in here, I'm gonna go for Litwick since that'll be stress-free. Gender doesn't matter because the nickname will fit either, IVs can be hyper trained, and it's an 80% chance of getting the ability I want and I can always change it if it gets the wrong one.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  18. Alatar VGC

Alatar VGC House Greyjoy

Decided for my first MM on Moon should be a Love Ball Jangmo-o! Wish me luck.

Also, congratulations on all those recent shinies and to those still hunting!

19. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Thanks for the congrats, Crimson Penguin. Reading that made me realize I've done pretty good since getting Null.
    On that note, I got a shiny Igglybuff last night while EV training. So glad I had the volume up to listen for sparkles, because I doubt I would've noticed otherwise. I didn't check what my chain was at; but it's Hardy, Cute Charm, female, 4v (HP/Atk/SpAtk/Speed) with Decent Defense and 0 SpDef.

Once again wasn't counting my chain, but got a shiny Luvdisc while EV training. Hasty with actually really excellent IVs. Shame it's a frikkin Luvdisc, lol. To the shinydex it goes!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  20. AmethystLeslie

AmethystLeslie Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten a shiny off of migrating Gen 1 pokes?

I really wanna know who did.