1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

That's pretty insane, but with these Pokemon it'd be far too mad. Minior can't be SOS'ed and self-destructs, any attempt to take out Pykumukyu will cause damage and Mimikyu's disguise makes it take twice as long

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Mold Breaker goes right through mimikyu's disguise. Takes it down without the extra hassle.

I'm up to 6,500 SRs for litten now. Still not even half of TheMaster's total, but am really hoping litten isn't going to be that stubborn

3. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Wouldn't it be possible to S.O.S. Minior using a Pokemon like Golduck or Poliwhirl with the Damp Ability? Damp prevents self-destruction moves, after all.

Here's my deal: I was too impatient to wait until after I'd received my Shiny Charm or even obtained a foreign Pokemon to Masuda Method in order to begin Shiny hunting in earnest--I just had to get my hands on one! The shiny Cubone I chained in my Sun Version was clearly some kind of fluke. (And thank goodness that there accident was among the more aesthetically-pleasing specimens to be found. Boy, do I love my Alolan Marowak to pieces...!)

4. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

With Pyukumuku I just kept my false swiper up and running. False swipe every one that shows up and you only get hit for 1 hp in return. I love my shiny Pickle :D

5. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Umm... You're past half my total. At 12,083 owls at the time of typing this...

6. Manakete-Girl

Manakete-Girl 'Cause Dragon Types

Well I finally hacthed another shiny after roughly 1231 eggs if you inculde my 1050 magikarp eggs... So I only hatch 91 eggs to get one to get it..

That pokemon was a loveball Rockruff who's going to be a midnight forme Lycanroc with it's Adamant Nature.

7. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Minior do not call for any allies, no matter what. Minior is basically MM or RE only (if you RE, you gotta keep the volume on at all times or you need to make sure you watch the screen--Minior doesnt appear in core form in the wild of course!)

Going slowly so far, but last night prompted a break in my 2 month drought!

I was looking for a Bagon to SOS chain (I haven't even encountered one even after 100 or so encounters), and I thought about getting a shiny before Bagon appeared. You can guess what happened :p Shiny Cutiefly randomly sparkled in all of her pink glory! I think my jaw dropped to the floor and stayed there for about a minute when she appeared. I caught her and nicknamed her Mayberry, because a) that was the first name I thought of and b) I'd been getting my friend to listen to CHVRCHES, so why not name a shiny after the lead singer?

Good luck everyone!

8. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I spent these past couple of days immersed in my shiny Mareanie S.O.S. encounter hunt and the good news is that I did find a shiny while doing so, even if it was just a shiny Corsola hee hee. I had a bad feeling that when I did eventually find a shiny it'd be something I didn't exactly want, but I'm going to keep trying to find a shiny Mareanie in the wild or else just try my luck at breeding for one in the upcoming weeks if that doesn't work.

9. RedJirachi

From what I heard Minior can't be SOS'd

10. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Huh. I thought you'd be farther along... You've been hunting longer than me and probably get more SRs done since I only SR at night when I'm on the computer. But still, that is one stubborn leaf owl ><

6,600 SRs now.

11. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts (especially Cyberra and TheMaster327 on your Rowlett hunts).

I am still hatching Dratini in the hope that a a little purple dragon will appear. I am at approx 800 eggs and this long egg cycle (after doing as many Bagon) is becoming demoralizing. I have already hatched 28 (!!) 6 IV Dratini. I have no idea what I will do with them. If anyone wants one let me know.

Back to hatching eggs...

12. Jouralto

Jouralto New Member

Hello all~

Decided earlier today to start my first ever Badge Quest. Also decided to start using the account I made for these forums years ago to actually talk about it and keep track of progress! lmao

Anyway, I've deleted my ΩR data to get things rolling, and I'm working toward my first hundred resets on the path to make Hoenn as associated with shininess in my mind as it currently is with TRUMPETS. Also I figured ΩR would be a tame BQ because of Dex Nav chaining early on, and I wanted to start a little more casual while I'm in my busy work season. I was thinking of pairing a Trial Quest alongside this BQ for fun, but watching TheMaster's and Cyberra's numbers steadily climb... I'll just root for you guys! lol

That said, good luck to all on the shiny hunts!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  13. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

Almost forgot- congrats to everyone who got shinies recently!

So I may have lost a little interest in dedicated shiny hunting recently, but... No matter what, the feeling of finding a random shiny is always a great one.

To elaborate- a few days ago, I decided to pick up SoulSilver again so that I could play the Kanto half as a Nuzlocke on its own. However, while I was grinding up some Pokemon for my new team, I managed to find a shiny Bellsprout! I caught her with one Ultra Ball. She's a Victreebel named Isabelle now. She's Hasty, somewhat stubborn. I never really appreciate how shiny Victreebel looked before, but now that I actually have one, I'd say it's one of my favourite shinies, what with its almost dried out look and that blue mouth.

Most surprisingly is that I'd already found a shiny in the exact same game, my shiny Fearow Osiris. I don't know how I struck lucky twice in one file, but I'm almost considering shiny hunting in SS once I'm done with the Nuzlocke as a result of this.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  14. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have work though, so I'm same as you most of the time.

12,200 SRs now.

15. RedJirachi

Which new Pokemon(Gen 7 and Alola forms) do you think are the easiest to SOS chain?

16. BurgundyKat

BurgundyKat Watata

Just depends on what level they are and what moves they know when you chain them. I don't know specifically which are easiest, but I know that some of the worst are Morelull (knows sleep powder and Moonlight) and Alolan Geodude (knows selfdestruct)

17. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to Gwabatim on Mewtwo, Manakete-Girl on Rockruff, AquaRegisteel on Cutiefly, Earth Wolf-Howl on Bellsprout, and everyone else on your shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, JohnnyBlaze! :)

-------------

Meh…So my next hunt on Black 2 was for Staryu. It’s 30%. I’m also okay with Frillish, 65%, though it’s probably something I’ll end up with a lot of eventually (2 Stary, 3 Spheal, 2 Mantyke, all 30% against 65% Frillish), but at least the genders have different forms. And then there’s the 5% Basculin, which, aside from getting one just to have one in my collection, I didn’t want. And there are other hunts I’ll probably end up doing where Basculin is 70%, so I certainly didn’t need one here.

Well, let’s remember that I’m me, and I’m REALLY good at getting the rarest pokemon on the route that are the one thing I DON’T want. So naturally, last night I end up with not any of the 95% of pokemon I would want, but the 5% shiny Basculin that I didn’t want. Because me. Luckily it only took 3,780 REs.

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/eKWWAiF.jpg[/IMG200]

At least it’s new right now, but like I said, I’m bound to get a bunch of these through other hunts when it’s super common, so I absolutely didn’t need to find one when it’s super rare. And you know there’s not a single chance in hell that had I been targeting a 5% pokemon I would have gotten it 1st phase. I mean, I can’t get 20% pokemon first phase…Or fifth…Not going to count this as a phase though, since it’s new and I essentially want any shiny that I don’t already have, but…It may as well be -_-

I still haven’t figured out what I did to deserve finding so many unlikely, unwanted shinies. How I got so lucky to find 2 targets – Vulpix and Snubbull – in a row recently, I don’t know. Seems like it should have been not improbable, but impossible. Looking forward to reporting in with my next Basculin/Bibarel/Ditto/whatever other improbable shiny that I don’t need appears :)

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

18. RedJirachi

By that I mean which Pokemon are most likely to SOS call

19. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

20. BurgundyKat

BurgundyKat Watata

So
    About a week ago I hatched a Shiny Morelull after 181 eggs
    And it came way earlier than I thought so I still had a box full of extra eggs left
    So I left them in the box and put them in Pelago once I got Isle Avue
    While I was hunting Cleffa earlier (at 210 eggs now!), I hatched the eggs in Avus and one of them happened to be Shiny! So I got a second Shiny Morelull after 190 eggs! I guess he's Joelle the Shiny Shiinotic's new shiny brother!
    ignoring the nearly 200 brothers and sisters that were released and forced to fend for themselves oops