1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Gwabatim

Gwabatim Active Member

Just got myself a shiny Oddish in my Fire Red version! Took less than 2,000 encounters and I'm so happy because Oddish was my target. Here's the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7REPL0EGvj8 I'm now trying to start a Youtube channel with consistent shiny Pokemon content so if any of you want to help me out by subscribing that would be great. I will sub for sub!

Good luck on your hunts everyone, and congrats on all recent shinies!

2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

3. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Easiest SOS? Anything with a high call rate that does not possess moves that tamper with accuracy, evasion, or status afflictions.

3800 on my SS starter hunt. I know that's nothing yet but ergh. It just sucks because I keep seeing people talking about their HGSS starters that came in less than 1000.

Haven't got the slightest idea how many eggs I've hatched in Moon since the Combee swap. Best guess is 300-400. No dice there either.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  4. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts (especially those stubborn Gen VII starters!)!

After just over 1,000 eggs Dratini shined! He was hiding in the second to last box of eggs. I was dreading gathering another 5 boxes and reacted something akin to that old youtube video of the kid with the shiny Ponyta when the pink dragon appeared. He has 5 perfect IVs (missing HP, but has a "very good" there). He has been EV trained and is now an awesome Dragonite.

I am now starting to collect eggs for my next hunt, the one I put on hold when Sun and Moon came out: Vullaby.

5. Shinyoracle

Shinyoracle New Member

Hey all!

Since I've last posted to the board I've been playing through Sun and ended up getting the shiny charm. Since then I've gotten a ton of shinies, about a box and a half's worth, most through SOS chaining, a few through random encounters, and I've been considering doing some MM'ing for the starters.

I also have a question: Anyone know if Type:Null's affected by the shiny charm? I've seen some people say it doesn't, and a few others say it does, so I just wanted to get some clarification. Almost at a hundred soft resets for it so far.

Good luck with all your hunts and congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

6. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Shiny Hunter

Hatched a shiny shellos (east sea) after ONLY 2 EGGS!!! Very surprised! :)

7. BurgundyKat

BurgundyKat Watata

Currently at 560 eggs for MM Shiny Cleffa. Certainly longer than my previous SuMo hunts, but it's certainly refreshing to have a nice, challenging hunt for once!

Insane! Congrats!

Congrats on 30+ shinies! Dang!
    As for Type: Null, they act like any other shiny, so they'll be affected by the charm too :3

8. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

i mean every game with the charm would effect not just the mm rate but as well as wild encounter rate it cuts it down more it mostly just comes down to luck there isn't a set for sure sr to get a shiny when soft resetting.

anyway good luck to all hunts which almost approaching to mming a shiny snivy hp fire contrary one :3 I breeding up a friend ball one with hp fire ^_^

congrats to all shinies that have gotten so far my most recent is dieno not sure if I posted it or not :p

9. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Hey guys, long time no post.

Much congrats to all those who have found shinies since I last posted about my Lillipup about a month ago.

Since then I have found exactly 18 shinies, including:

Mime Jr, Nosepass, Foongus, Bidoof, Oddish, Vanilite, Sandshrew (Regular,) Zigzagoon, Durant, Geodude (Regular,) Shuppet, Corsola, Wingull, Zangoose, Masquerain, Hoppip and Nidoran (M)

A few days ago I decided I wanted to start another Badge Quest, and I decided I'd make it slightly more challenging than last time and pick soul silver. I like SS because I can see the shiny before I pick the Pokemon.

On the 251st soft reset, I found this cool guy!

[Img139]https://s15.postimg.org/t3m75m1xn/IMG_1271.jpg[/Img139]
    [Img139]https://s15.postimg.org/c4d8qcqq3/IMG_1272.jpg[/Img139]

The last time I did a BQ on SS I got Cyndaquil, so when I saw the different Totodile y heart stopped, and after only 251 soft resets too! Absolutely awful nature (Timid) but it's for an in game team so it matters slightly less.

Not sure who my next target will be, I'll probably bounce around a few different routes to find shiny number 2, but the fast start was very much appreciated!

Good luck to all those hunting!!

10. maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts (especially those stubborn Gen VII starters!)!

Well that didn't take long. Vullaby shined in the first batch of 150 eggs! She has 5 perfect IVs missing speed. She is already EV trained and waiting to be leveled up for battle. I am now working on MM hunting Shellos (the blue one).

11. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I did some random Friend Safari hunting on Sunday hoping for a shiny to show up, but I didn't have much luck with that sadly. I did some chain fishing at the shore in Cyllage city on X version after that as well as in Alpha Sapphire, but I didn't find any shinies using this method either. I spent most of last Saturday morning doing extra encounters looking for a shiny Mareanie on Moon version still. I hope I'll find one soon. :]

12. BurgundyKat

BurgundyKat Watata

After 699 eggs, I got my Shiny Cleffa! Calm Nature, with Wish and Metronome egg moves! Named her Cherry, since her color palette is exactly the same as the cherry spray paint Kirby can get in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror ;173;

That's my 5th member of my Shiny Fairy Monotype Moon team :D Next target will be Mimikyu!

13. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to BurgundyKat on Morelull, Gwabatim on Oddish, maldoror on Dratini, Shinyoracle, JohnnyBlaze on Shellos, Charoshi on Totodile, maldoror on Vullaby, BurgundyKat on Cleffa, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

After just 1,198 REs on my Black 2 game, I found a shiny female Frillish!

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/mkoQMdO.jpg[/IMG200]

Despite mainly wanting Staryu from here, I’m okay with Frillish up to the point that they become useless duplicates. Frillish scares me a little with how similar the shinies are to the normal form (I’ve been checking every night in the dex to make sure I haven’t missed a shiny one), but as with any other Pokemon I worried about this happening with in the past, I knew straight away that it was shiny. When it appeared, it felt like such a long time before the sparkles appeared! I was thinking, “I’m sure this is shiny, but where are the sparkles?!”

Still sticking with Undella Town for now hoping to get a Staryu. I haven’t even done an odds-worth of encounters here and I already have 2 shinies, so I don’t really have much of a reason to leave yet anyways! Also, after Basculin, I’ve gotten on the right side of new shinies vs duplicates and am currently at 6-4 for the year :p

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!

14. RedJirachi

I did it! I was able to Masuda Method a beautiful black Minior. Since I named all my other Minior after stars, I named it Black Hole. The other idea was Black Prism but that's Necrozma's job. This is the second Masuda Method I have done. Once I obtain a foreign language Ditto I can Masuda Method a green Pyukumuku and retro Mimikyu. Before I do another serious MM but after playing Moon, I will go back to the meat of my SRs; that is getting a shiny Johto starter for my proper HG playthrough. Then try and get a shiny Eevee for LG like I did for Vaporeon in FR

15. Laurelai

Laurelai Well-Known Member

Congrats everyone on their new shinies and Yay Red Jirachi on the Minior! I really need to get me one of those. They are so cool looking.

I love the raspberry colored skunk, so I MMd a shiny Stunky last night. Took about 500-ish eggs and she got the ability I wanted- Aftermath.

[spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170220_211910_zpszrikb3kj.png[/img139][/spoil]

*edit*
    While leveling up babies for the online competitions, I stumbled over this :)
    [spoil][img139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/kit14525/IMG_20170223_191256_zpsnms68dxq.png[/img139][/spoil]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  16. maldoror

Following in Vullaby's footsteps, Shellos shined in the first batch of 150 eggs as well! She has 5 perfect IVs missing speed. After playing with her in Refresh to max affection, I almost didn't want to evolve her. I had no idea Shellos was so darn adorable. That said, she is a might Gastrodon now.

I have moved on to Larvitar. I have the parent I need set up, so I am now collecting eggs. Another long egg cycle. Should be fun.

17. Manakete-Girl

Manakete-Girl 'Cause Dragon Types

Finally after about a week I finally got my shiny Mudbray Adamant and called her Bramley.

Best part is she has Stamina and Close Combat! Although I need to hypertrain HP.

18. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

19. RedJirachi

Guys, which Ultra Beast do you want to be accessible as a shiny the soonest? I would be Nihilego

20. BurgundyKat

BurgundyKat Watata

Alright, everything is prepared for me to begin SOS Chaining for Shiny Mimikyu!
    My Gameplan:
    My Noctowl uses Foresight
    I Send in Pangoro
    Mold Breaker allows me to kill Mimikyu without having to get rid of the disguise
    Switch out to Noctowl when the current Mimikyu is low on PP and I need to foresight, then False Swipe another Mimikyu

Hopefully all goes well :D Mimikyu is my final target in my Shiny Fairy Monotype Moon playthrough! Wish me luck guys!

Hmm...personally, I'd like to have a Shiny Nihilego or Kartana