• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

camhines4

It's been a year since I've hunted. Just chained two shiny Bronzor and two shiny Aron in Platinum. Evolved one each into Bronzong and Aggron. Used Magnet Pull to make it easier to get back in the swing of things, don't know what I'll go after next.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, after countless tries, including accidentally stopping an SOS chain with beak blast and finishing a match early to go to bed, I finally caught a shiny yungoos, my first shiny in over two months. I was bound and determined to get one, which wasn't easy because I normally only play at night, and I haven't started Moon yet. I had two days in a row where I started the chain in the morning, closed my working 3DS (I will trade in the broken 2DS I mentioned last week), and left it on the charger in pause mode until I came back from work so I could hunt yungoos well into the evening. Then, of course, I find the shiny on a short chain on a day off in the afternoon, LOL. Well, at least that's it for the time-sensitive hunts for now.

I'll either SOS hunt for growlithe (for my shiny Rocketdex) or cutiefly next, and later I'll get mimikyu (spoilers). I don't think I'll bother chaining mareanie (spoilers) because I've seen on twitch and YouTube that it can be a headache, since it can only be called by corsola and it won't call friends, so I'll wait till I get the shiny charm and I'll MM it.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well when you can't get a shiny female poplio because of how swap works on uneven genders, what do I do?

Be the world's most indecisive shiny hunter it seems!

But after about a hour I decided on Bagon as a few weeks ago I chained one but my sync failed. Now I finally have an adamant female shiny Bagon with ?/31/31/31/31/31 IVs.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So, I collected 500 eggs across 10 different Pokémon. This was another one of my hunts where I mixed up all the eggs so I was not sure which Pokémon would hatch at any given point. This was my first time doing this in generation VII, but I made it work.

Anyways, a got a shiny in the first box. I have 16 more boxes to go.
He is a shiny Rockruff. He is everstoned Adamant with Vital Spirit and Fire Fang for an Egg Move.
His IV spread is 31/31/x/31/31/31. I can Hyper Train that defense stat eventually. I will accept this guy.

Time to hatch the rest of these eggs. Good luck to everyone else!

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
IMG_1510.jpg found this shiny pikachu in less then ten minutes that means CH complete!!!!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
View attachment 16598 found this shiny pikachu in less then ten minutes that means CH complete!!!!

I didn't know we had a community hunt going guess I will hunt popplio instead XD which rip if its male that is why so scared to mm it since I really want it female >.>

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
After just 17 eggs, I hatched myself a shiny Froakie. It is female, Protean, Modest, but only has perfect IVs in Defense and Sp. Attack. This is fine though. I will bottle cap the missing IVs. This thing will be really easy to raise anyway; starters always are imo.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*checks* Oh, we do have a CH going on. I guess that means I completed it with litten, since litten (now torracat) has a three-stage evolution.

I'm REing in the grass next to the trainer school on route 1. Want meowth but I'll take grimer, too. Do not want magnemite; I already have a (normal) grubbin that I want to use once the thing evolves.

...And the shiny tapu koko is being distributed in Japan now *snarl*

Sparky!

Currently my MM mimikyu hunt is at 810 hatched and I have now run out of boxes. This being my first ever MM attemp I had no idea how frustrating it was to release 27 boxes of Pokémon! If anyone wants a Jolly 5 or 6 IV mimikyu let me know and I'll hook you up :) I can't actually check their IVs in this game yet but I know they are at least 5 IV as both parents are 6 IV.

In other hunts Heart Gold is at 1150 re hoping for mantine, Soul Silver is at 6050 re and type null reclaim is at 3100 sr.

Good luck everyone on your hunts and may RNGesus by with you!

EDIT: I must have missed the CH also but managed to complete it by accident with BAMFaros the Flaafy (now ampharos) in my Heart Gold BQ

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I am still on my swap to get a female shiny Poplio this time on egg 150 had a Shiny HA male magikarp. So this time swaped it for a HA totodile with ice punch, crunch and dragon dance as egg moves with 31/?/31/31/?/31 IVs so I'll be needing to cap both attack and sp.def.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
A few days of eye-numbing Masuda-Method hatching and I got myself a shiny Feebas! Its a male, but I suppose shiny Milotic's colors look good for a male even if I like the long head fins of the females more than the male's. What's most amazing though is that it is a 6 perfect IV pokemon, one of the few I have ever hatched period! All the more impressive given that one parent only had 4 perfect IVs, the other 5. Course its too bad he has no use for that perfect Attack stat.

I rarely nickname my pokemon, but this one I am tempted to nickname something like "Miracle."

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Has anyone had the luck of their Island Scan Pokemon being randomly shiny?

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I hatched even more eggs today hoping to get the Female Magikarp swap and at 416 eggs....

ANOTHER male Shiny Magikarp with HA! So this time I swaped it so I could get a Shiny HA Gallade. I would put IVs up but I am chaining for HA drifloon right now but it was 4ivs.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
It's been a while since I did shiny hunting and to get back into it I want to do a Full Odds hunt. I plan on hunting for Litten, Aerodactyl, and the Johto Starters on Moon, Sun, and HeartGold respectively. In which order should I do it in? I'm only going to have a week to hunt before I get back to school

• The Litten is for a Mono-Dark Trial Quest
  • The Johto starters are for a Shiny Badge Quest
  • The Aerodactyl is for my living dex

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
*checks* Oh, we do have a CH going on. I guess that means I completed it with litten, since litten (now torracat) has a three-stage evolution.

I'm REing in the grass next to the trainer school on route 1. Want meowth but I'll take grimer, too. Do not want magnemite; I already have a (normal) grubbin that I want to use once the thing evolves.

...And the shiny tapu koko is being distributed in Japan now *snarl*

Please tell me it'll be distributed elsewhere

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Please tell me it'll be distributed elsewhere

So far, only in Japan. With a code obtained at stores, not through the internet. They bleeping well better release it worldwide >(

@ jginz1 - If you intend to SR litten, you may be at it far longer than a week. I started SRing mine the day after Christmas and I only got it a couple of days ago, after three months of hunting.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
@ jginz1 - If you intend to SR litten, you may be at it far longer than a week. I started SRing mine the day after Christmas and I only got it a couple of days ago, after three months of hunting.

So should I do the Johto starters or Aerodactyl?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So should I do the Johto starters or Aerodactyl?

Entirely up to you. But Sun/Moon have a 3-minute cutcene. It can be brutal when the hunt drags on. MM breeding one would probably be faster, SRing can take forever. Another shiny hunter on here has been hunting rowlet since launch and has not gotten it yet... He's approaching 15,000 soft resets.

Edit: *sigh* I was afraid of this... After 2,805 REs at the trainer school, I get the shiny I least wanted. A magnemite. It's gentle nature and likes to thrash about, with Magnet Pull. Will come in handy when I find another steel-type I want to RE, but not what I want from here. Gonna reset the count and try again for meowth.

That's community hunt complete X2, because magnemite --> magneton --> magnezone

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone have a Chuggaa shiny moment? By that, I mean they search for a Pokemon for their team on a normal playthrough, and it is shiny

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well technically this was after my playthrough but I was searching for a Smeagle to catch for a team idea I am no longer using and the first Smeargle I got was shiny.

The annoying thing is I had no luck chaining Smeargle pre-completion.