• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I hatched around 15 Gastly eggs and 30 Ponyta, I'll add more tomorrow as I need to go bed. I also did 10 REs in the Desert Resort.

Gl to everybody on their hunts!

Last edited:

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
well....SUCCESS...sort of XD after quite a few RE's[somewhere over 9k] A Shiny Ferroseed(M) came across my screen(wasnt even considering ferro a possibility with repels + Static...but hey a shiny is a shiny) it has Iron Barbs as its ability, Naughty nature, likes to eat(i wonder how?... [no mouth]) Stats Are: HP 68 ATK 41 DEF 55 SpATK 25 SpDEF 45 SPEED 16.....Imay end up just MMing for Tynamo/Drilbur and stick to REing in double grass....like maybe Village Bridge or Abundant Shrine(looking for Braviary/Vulpix XD)
Grats on all other new shinies/Good Luck on everyones current hunts

ysmr97

Almost at 30 MM's for my Treecko. I'm completely new to the shiny world, so (s)he'll be my first!!! :)

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats on all the new shiny pokes everyone has gotten, keep up the great work ^.^ I just got my shiny Registeel after only 1200 or so SRs! Will be starting on Heatran for the community hunt in a bit. Good luck to you all.

shinyregisteel_zps169e95f4.png

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
OMG!!!! I went to the lake by Dragonspiral tower to train Ferroseed to 45[for thorn] and my DREAM SHINY showed up...IN 4 RE...Shiny Dratini[F](wish it was Male but eh we), its Bashful nature, Shed Skin ability, Capable of taking hits. stats are: HP 103 ATK 79 DEF 63 SpATK 57 SpDEF 55 SPEED 55.....im still shaking XD...fastest 2 shinies for me EVER...and 1 i wanted FOREVER :p i think this is my 1st CH COMPLETED...right?

may take a few days to sink in XD(tried MMing it before but gave up due to egg steps...:p)
...maybe I should go play the lottery...XD

edit: thanks guys, my seed is now a thorn(i thought seeds blue spikes looked better but now he evolved thorn isnt bad :)), and dratini is now dragonite. gl on you route 14 hunt/EE dratini

Last edited:

Scrufox86

OMG!!!! I went to the lake by Dragonspiral tower to train Ferroseed to 45[for thorn] and my DREAM SHINY showed up...IN 4 RE...Shiny Dratini[F](wish it was Male but eh we), its Bashful nature, Shed Skin ability, Capable of taking hits. stats are: HP 103 ATK 79 DEF 63 SpATK 57 SpDEF 55 SPEED 55.....im still shaking XD...fastest 2 shinies for me EVER...and 1 i wanted FOREVER :p i think this is my 1st CH COMPLETED...right?

may take a few days to sink in XD(tried MMing it before but gave up due to egg steps...:p)
...maybe I should go play the lottery...XD

Oh my that is such wicked luck! Congratulations... TWICE hahaha. And at least your shiny Dratini is special and not like the one given away in White 2 so i am a little jealous you got that but congratulations and so close together after a shiny ferroseed. I actually like that shiny as well but it isn't top of my list as i am not too keen on ferrothorn.

Ok update on my shiny hunt. I am currently at just around 400 RE's on route 14 hoping for Meinfou, Drifblim or Altaria. I really want Altaria but any of the three will do. I am hoping to get it before i hit 1000 RE's. If not then i will return to MMing for a little while before coming back to route 14 to continue the RE hunt.

Good luck to everyone else on thier shiny hunts.

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Nice, Jaway. I'm looking forward to breeding Dratini in the future. Got parents set up for Extremespeed and Multiscale, so I'm hoping it'll turn out.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to JAWAYami on Ferroseed (sorry it wasn't that Tynamo you were repel tricking for), Markasdarkas on Registeel, and JAWAYami again on (a super-fast) Dratini!

Got my video up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWvmaSMhnE0

Also, when I was about to start training, I checked to make sure the encounters on my trainer card were what I thought they were (I write it down on the sheet I keep track of encounters on each day), and I apparently did 50 more encounters at Virbank than I originally thought :eek:

So today, I did another 150 SRs for Piplup (ending on 2k total SRs), as well as 300 REs at Virbank, finishing up EV training my Umbreon in the process. After that, I decided to go fight Hugh in Driftveil since I never did that, and realized he was there when I was calling everyone (since I'd been calling Bianca about Eevee's happiness)...So I gave my original non-shiny Umbreon a lucky egg for the XP boost, since he was still only level 92, and then I gave my shiny Umbreon an Exp. Share. Then after that, I fought Alder and then went to do Black Tower for the first time, figuring I can train up my original Umbreon, train up my shiny Umbreon, get money, and get a shiny Gible all in one go. On tier 4 at the moment, and trying to only use my non-shiny Umbreon.

But now I have to go to work (don't usually work at night :( ), so that's about all I'm getting done today.

Good luck, everyone!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Lol, actually I don't really remember that well - I have a terrible memory. ^^: Good luck with your Articuno and Lapras.

As for my hunts: I'm now at 1875 Solosis eggs hatched in Black 2(and that's with MM+shiny charm odds...), 32,100 encounter in my HG badge quest, and 4800 soft resets for shiny Thundurus in White.

Good luck guys.

Ah, you don't?

Ok, here it is. Way back in 2009 I first started SRing for Rayquaza in Ruby. One night, within about 10-15mins of turning on my game, it appeared. The problem, I had no Masterball. So, predictably, after a further 10mins of battling it, it beats my team, and I was very peeved off. On this day 3 years ago, I start my revenge hunt. 5 days. 5 days was all it took for it to appear. I had Masterball this time, so it didn't get away from me. Now it sits proudly at Lv100 in my Black 2 game.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Congrats to all the recent shines.

I was lucky to get japanese dunsparce off Gts and hatch 74 eggs.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Wow, I've resorted to going through my Gen 4 games to try and find one. The GTS trades are either stupid, or ones I can't do.

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Ah, you don't?

Ok, here it is. Way back in 2009 I first started SRing for Rayquaza in Ruby. One night, within about 10-15mins of turning on my game, it appeared. The problem, I had no Masterball. So, predictably, after a further 10mins of battling it, it beats my team, and I was very peeved off. On this day 3 years ago, I start my revenge hunt. 5 days. 5 days was all it took for it to appear. I had Masterball this time, so it didn't get away from me. Now it sits proudly at Lv100 in my Black 2 game.

Well I completely forgot to include my story when I asked the question, so here it is XD
December 2011 I decided to SR for a shiny HG starter. After checking all three pokemon for many months, a shiny chikorita finally decided to shine in June 2012. Worst. Hunt. Ever.

But that really stinks. I've never personally lost a shiny, but I know I'd be very mad if I did.

Well congrats to everyone on their recent shines! (I know, I really need to get on my computer to congratulate you all individually. I'll try to next time I post.) And best of luck to all of your hunts! I hope they are all short and fun :)

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Ok, fine, I'll trade my Jp Zekrom. As long as I have my MM Skarmory, I don't care.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Ah, you don't?

Oh, right. Yeah, I remember the shiny Rayquaza killing your team. But I didn't remember that you reclaimed it. That's why I never go after a shiny legendary without a master ball. :p

Currently doing some SR'ing for shiny Thundurus. I wonder if it'll take as long as my other 'running' legendaries... (Cresselia took 6854 SR, and Mesprit took 5207 SR) I'm now at just under 4850 SR for shiny Thundurus.

Good luck everyone! ^_^

Bathrezz

On the 23rd Jan I picked up a shiny Bagon from breeding w/ shiny charm. Only took 10-20 eggs. However even with the charm and a Jap Ditto I haven't had much luck. Even attack and speed EV training my pokemon I haven't found any shinies in the wild. Always looking forward to when I breed MM+shiny charm for my selected PWT teams.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I'm trying continuously to hatch a Timid Zorua with a certain egg move. Does putting a restriction on the nature narrows down the possibility of it being shiny? Thank you :)

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Nothing to do with it.

A little more about Groudon. So I had just caught a shiny Oddish and traded my Altaria and Oddish over to my brother to hold before I restarted the game in order to get Groudon again. I powered through the game and set up in front of Groudon. It's now the beginning of March 2004, and I begin resetting to the tune of 100 soft resets a day, going as high as 400 on weekends. Due to my GBA screen, I hsd a lot of trouble telling Groudon's color, so I'd have my sound on while I watched tv so I could listen for the shine. Every now and then I'd catch one, just to double check that I didn't miss the stars or something. By month three I was beginning to get really frustrated. It wasn't until June 21 that I landed my Groudon, throwing my master ball. It was mild, but it had a 31 in HP, so I was pretty happy overall. Groudon, like my other shinies, lives in Black 2 now and awaits transition into Pokemon X.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I'm trying continuously to hatch a Timid Zorua with a certain egg move. Does putting a restriction on the nature narrows down the possibility of it being shiny? Thank you :)

If you mean using an Everstone, then it doesn't affect the chances of shininess at all :)

VictorC

JohnNiles

Hurray! Hatched a shiny Porygon just now, after about 300 eggs. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and am hoping to use it in the PWT. This and my last 2 hunts have taken my success rate from below average to above average or at least average. I think I can now go back to some of the long hatch cycle hunts I abandoned. I will also take time off to raise some of the shinies I've stockpiled.

Since people were discussing unusual places to hatch eggs, I decided to restart (being reasonably confident that I'd saved my game beforehand) and hatch it in the Poke Transfer Lab, the most high-tech place I can think of.

QmAY6vS.jpg

J9hwlUi.jpg

I like stories about shiny legendaries the best- keep 'em coming.

I've only hatched 50 eggs in my Cranidos hunt because I'm not a huge MM fan. I do have the shiny charm+MM going so hopefully it wont take extremely long.
I decided I would restart my Platinum file that I had been letting my sister play. Before I restarted it I went through the PC and found that my shiny Torterra was missing. I asked her where it was and she said that she had released it because the sparkles annoyed her. Needless to say I was pretty angry but I set out on a reclaim mission knowing that it could take forever. This particular Turtwig came MUCH faster than the first one. After only 15 SRs I reclaimed my shiny Turtwig!!
View attachment 7993

Lucky catch. Guess you'll be hiding your cartridge?

Last edited: