• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cutty

Forever now
Shiny Alolan Grimer hatched after 200+ eggs.^^
5IV w/ 29-30 SpDef, Poison Touch & Lure ball.

TrippyToxic.jpg

I just realised the shiny colour of A-Grimer is the normal colour of the normal form and the other way around, interesting.

I'm gonna hunt Shiny Alolan Cubone/Marowak next.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats everyone on their recent shiny hunts! :)

Still working on the hunt for a shiny Magikarp. Dang thing is very, very stubborn. Over 100 + eggs and nothing. Not giving up though. I'm very, very stubborn myself ;).

I'm new here. Been playing since December 2014 (when my daughter got me into X & Y). We have X, Y, OR, AS, Sun & Moon. Also Diamond and Leaf Green, but I've never played them as we can't get any of the Pokemon up to the current Gen. I started shiny hunting in early 2015. I'm up to 339 shinies now. Most of them are unique, though I do have a few duplicates. I only keep duplicates if there is a gender difference, otherwise I give them to my daughter. We both soft reset our way through getting all the Legendaries in OR/AS shiny, which took quite a while, though I did somehow manage to get Ho-Oh, Azelf and Virizion in one day. Last shiny I got was in Sun when I got a shiny Drowzee to go with the Hypno I got a few days ago. Got Mimikyu yesterday using a shiny Smeargle to Soak them first.

I just noticed yesterday though that my shiny Regice is named Bob. I renamed him to get my shiny Regigas and forgot to change it back! That is really annoying because I don't use nicknames on any of my Pokemon. Of course I can't send him back to ORAS, so I may have to redo it.

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
;290; i'm hunting for a shiny nincada in sapphire, i'm at 8000..Why RE hate me so badly, anyway last week i've got a shiny treecko in about 1500 sf'reset, plus i've never gotten an uncatchable poochena so i guess i'm lucky, good luck on all your hunts!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Decided shiny #5 is going to be the infamous Salandit. I'm expecting it to take multiple phases since I need it to be female. I wish there was a Cute Charm pokemon that was immune to poison or burns so I could cut down on the status conditions I'm sure I will continue to get.

Good luck on your hunts!

Decided shiny #5 is going to be the infamous Salandit. I'm expecting it to take multiple phases since I need it to be female. I wish there was a Cute Charm pokemon that was immune to poison or burns so I could cut down on the status conditions I'm sure I will continue to get.

Good luck on your hunts!

Good on Salandit! It took me seven tries to get female Salandit. That means my team of level 100 Pokemon ran out of moves six times and I was on my seventh go before I finally got it. I ended up with one male Salandit before I got a female. The only one that took longer than that was Mimikyu. That stupid thing took 12 tries!

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Last night I was literally just goofing off in sun version and ran into 2 wild shinies. One was a shiny alohan rattata and the other was a majikarp

TheMaster327

Good luck on your hunts!

Little tip: Bringing a fainted Cute Charm lead will still work. Then you can just bring your own Salandit in the second spot to be immune to burns. (Not poison though because Corrosion)

4,800 for Type: Null now. Hopefully it shows up over the weekend...

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I got my female salandit on the first try, but I was going with straight RE hunting instead of SOS >.>;;;

I'm at 1,830 SRs for the storyline exeggutor. It's decided to be stubborn, evidently

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got very lucky with a shiny east shellos, tried to get a 5IV non-shiny and i got a shiny 4IV about 20 eggs before i got any desired 5IV shellos. i only hatched 3-4 boxes of pkmn and had the JPN primarina method (aka magikarp trick) by IV convenience.

TheMaster327

So, after 4,864 SRs, I see a yellow butt fin!

[spoil][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCh59u0WAAMzXq-.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCh5_hkXoAAb-xJ.jpg[/img139][img139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCh6BQhXkAAEo67.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Null! Bashful, which isn't terrible, with the 3 max IVs in Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed. Will probably Bottle Cap the rest![/spoil]

pokefreak2014

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies, especially TheMaster327 on that shiny Type: Null!!

Unfortunately, I'm not posting again with another shiny (I'm not THAT lucky XD ), but I have started my next hunt for a shiny Crabrawler on Sun, so hopefully it treats me better than Rowlet did! The reason I'm posting is about the International Shiny Hunting Competition. I'm not sure if anyone here is interested in it (I've never seen any posts, at least), but I'm trying to find some partners/teammates so that I won't have to go solo this year. If anyone is indeed interested, check out the official site ( ishc.skyrock.com ), and let me know if you'd perhaps like to join me!

Disclaimer: The competition consists purely of full-odds hunting (no Masuda method, hordes, shiny charm, etc.) and requires capturing video evidence of your shinies. If neither of those sounds appealing, then this probably isn't for you. :p I'll still be looking forward to see if anyone is interested!

EDIT: The max number of people for a team is 6, and there's already 2 of us. It would be awesome if I could get a whole team together!

Last edited:

SheroGH

Congrats on the lastest shinies since my last post!

Long time since I posted here. I took a break from Pokemon but decided to play again after USUM was announced to finish SM. I started to breed for a shiny Rowlet to play Sun with him and after 835 eggs, he shined!

[img139]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/sheroo1992/20170617_1711512_zpsnr4zquld.jpg[/img139]

Now, I will breed another 5 regular pokemon to start playing Sun!

Good luck to all on their hunts!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Of the starter Pokemon, which do you think has the best shiny...besides black Charizard, that's too obvious

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Of the starter Pokemon, which do you think has the best shiny...besides black Charizard, that's too obvious

thats rather obvious, shiny Greninja. that shiny form is just too cool.

Echo Nacyl

The "obvious" Charizard and Greninja I like (a lot even, and Char X shiny is probably one of my favorite Mega shinies), but neither is my favorite. My favorite is a tossup between Sceptile and Samurott. Both of them are unique and interesting colors, even if Samurott is "still blue" (I love the darker color and the color of his shells).

No new news for me; been working rather a lot the past few days. REs in SS are moving along very slowly (at roughly 950), Virizion is being considerably more stubborn than Cobalion, and I've abandoned the Litten hunt in Sun for now (intending to resume it in UltraSun instead) and am instead focusing on finishing the game to breed for some shinies I want in Japanese (which I'm playing the game in for).

Also, congrats on recent shinies.

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
hi, pokefreak2014 , i'm interested in the ishc, and this year i want to partecipate, so if you're ok with it i can join you're team : )

Last edited:

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shines and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After two rounds of 7 + boxes (500 + eggs), I gathered another 7 boxes of Wishiwashi eggs. The FIRST egg in the first box shined!

http://i.imgur.com/DSmaYzZ.jpg?1

5 perfect IVs (missing Speed). I have nearly 7 full boxes left to hatch. Then it is time to train up my team for the tourney at Too Many Games this weekend.

Veens

I should have posted this a while earlier, but you know, life and stuff. :p

Everyone, congrats on the numerous shinies that have been caught/hatched since my last post. I checked and it was like 20 pages. Just wow.

So, without further ado, here are my new shines:

First of all, I started SRing for a shiny Type:Null a couple of months ago and got it within one week. Didn't use any Nature synchronisation techniques or anything. (I regret that) ;w;
yadLJxK.jpg

np6CNxR.jpg

And last, but not least, I hatched this beauty today. A frigging blue Shuckle!!! It's 6IV, it's got the right nature, but I might have to Ability Capsule it, since it's got Gluttony as its ability instead of the desired (by me) Sturdy ability.
szI5i1N.jpg

8upnY3D.jpg

9X0qbl1.jpg

Cutty

Forever now
Congrats on the new shinies.

Shiny Cubone finally shone after 265 eggs hatched (I started to count again). 5IVs minus HP, Adamant Female & Lighting Rod ability.

BoneCollector.jpg

Hm, I'd like to have Shiny Oricorio so I'm gonna hunt for it next.
Good luck w/ other hunts~