1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Alright, next SR I'm focusing on is Latias. I plan mainly to focus on SR shinies that are hard or impossible to non-SR for shiny otherwise

2. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

shiny cyndaquil for sure i just love the purple flames XD i am sring it right now for a shiny on virtural console silver version XD

so guys i am about to get to 400 srs in and no shiny yet wonder if i will go over the odds or not we shall see i know its not much srs but i can't give up XD

good luck and congrats to all other shinies that were just obtained after my last post ^_^

also question gen 2 i know that ivs affect it to be shiny however there is a youtube video saying you can abuse the game by time and date to affect it to be shiny on the first try is that right? does date and time have anything to do with it being shiny?

3. RedJirachi

I feel some shinies should keep some old colors. I wish Hitmonchan had its original blue shirt in future games, that was a cool shiny effect

4. Sorianwarrior

Sorianwarrior New Member

Hi everyone!Below you can see my current list of wants. IVs not needed. Please help and I am interested in shinys also not on the list, but I would prefer to keep event legendarys for quest shinys. Id like everything lvl 40 or lower. I would like all Gen 6 or lower through ORAS or X/Y if possible. Thank you! Im not to picky about balls but i am curious.

seviper
    Staryu
    lunatone
    burmy - Current Masuda
    comfey
    Koffing
    Charmander

For trade:
    shinys

Moon:
    Moon:froakie, pidgey, Raikou, gengar, Slowking, Dragonite, gigalith, koffing, Zoroark x2, gyarados, giratina x2, ralts F, Jirachi, Trevenant (nicknamed)

rares - celesteela, Phermosa, Xurkitree, Keldeo, Xerneas, darkrai, mewtwo, arceus, hoopa x3, darkrai, Moltres, Kyogre, entei

gen 6 shinys
    corsola, pidgey, gligar, magneton, absol, Ho-oh, pidgey, umbreon, cascoon, spearow, electivire (Nicknamed)

rares
    jirachi, genesect, phione x3, Azelf, Uxie, Zapdos, Articuno, Shaymin, jap Arceus, Meloetta, Hoopa, Regice, Moltres, Deoxys, Latias x2, Entei, reshiram, Virizion, Victini, mewtwo, hoopa, Cressalia,

5. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

this thread is for discussion. You'll want to post here to make trades: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?655018-Shiny-Trading-Thread
    Good luck!

6. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

Couldn't you breed the first female Eevee you get with whatever, and then get a shiny Male Eevee?

You pass on the Defense IV of 10 and the Special IV of 2,10 no matter what (I believe) so you could just breed the female Eevee with an inert shiny gene until you get a male Eevee that is shiny.

7. RedJirachi

Which is your favorite shiny Eevelution? I am quite partial to Umbreon, the deep blue rings complement its black fur really well. Glaceon is a second choice as its a good example of a shiny that looks good by simply changing the hue of the color

8. ShinyMimic12

ShinyMimic12 Master of Shinies

Probably Sylveon; blue just suits it well.

9. Azulart

Azulart Shiny Hunter

I'm fond of shiny Eevee actually, the grayish and white tints look great on him.

10. pokemon trainer mystery

pokemon trainer mystery Well-Known Member

This would be the case if the male shiny in this scenario could pass the defence and special dv to a male but a male shiny will only pass shinyness to a female which isn't possible in gen2 with 1/7 gender ratios.

11. Hunter of shiny

Hunter of shiny shiny huntress

So After 2 phases and a Total of 37920 RE (13797 for a zigzagoon) i FINALLY got my Shiny nincada in sapphire it's male and has a modest nature (perfect for shedinja), never thought this day would come...

12. ShinyMimic12

Great! I was planning on getting one in OR. What do Phases mean?

13. Hunter of shiny

Hunter of shiny shiny huntress

Phases means when you find a shiny that is not your target, for example i found a shiny zigzagoon in my First phase which was not my target and then in the second i got nincada which was my target

14. ShinyMimic12

Ah, thanks for clarifying!

15. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Not much to share. Bred a shiny Pidgey in VC Gold, in honor of the one I ran from so many years ago. She ended up being one of my strongest fighters for the E4, too.
    Gonna hunt Lugia and Ho-oh after I clear Kanto. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to get one of them before US/UM come out, but I doubt it.

16. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

i got a long road ahead of me, trying to hatch 60-90 eggs a day when i have the free time to do so. im trying to get 4 shiny magikarp to swap out the fish for the 4 wanted pkmn.

17. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

I was in Mistralton Cave on my way to catch Cobalion, when I came across a dust cloud containing a shiny Drilbur. It would've gone on my team, but I was already in the endgame with a fully-evolved party. So I dunno what to do with this little guy now.

18. RedJirachi

Level it up to be a spare team member

19. Shiny-Psyduck

Shiny-Psyduck Well-Known Member

Been trying to ditto breed Marill for the last 3 days with no luck.

On the bright side it brought my non-shiny Azumarill up to level 70.

20. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

XP Ugh, getting an alolan form certainly did not improve shiny graveler's coloring any. In fact, it made it worse! I got my shiny geodude evolved past that stage as quickly as possible just to get away from that hideous brownish-orange.

In other news, my shiny gible is now a shiny garchomp, and I am very pleased with her.

Scatterbug, though, is being difficult. I'm at 1,000 eggs and counting.