• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
Phases means when you find a shiny that is not your target, for example i found a shiny zigzagoon in my First phase which was not my target and then in the second i got nincada which was my target

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
Phases means when you find a shiny that is not your target, for example i found a shiny zigzagoon in my First phase which was not my target and then in the second i got nincada which was my target

Ah, thanks for clarifying!

Echo Nacyl

Not much to share. Bred a shiny Pidgey in VC Gold, in honor of the one I ran from so many years ago. She ended up being one of my strongest fighters for the E4, too.
Gonna hunt Lugia and Ho-oh after I clear Kanto. Maybe I'll get lucky enough to get one of them before US/UM come out, but I doubt it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a long road ahead of me, trying to hatch 60-90 eggs a day when i have the free time to do so. im trying to get 4 shiny magikarp to swap out the fish for the 4 wanted pkmn.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I was in Mistralton Cave on my way to catch Cobalion, when I came across a dust cloud containing a shiny Drilbur. It would've gone on my team, but I was already in the endgame with a fully-evolved party. So I dunno what to do with this little guy now.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I was in Mistralton Cave on my way to catch Cobalion, when I came across a dust cloud containing a shiny Drilbur. It would've gone on my team, but I was already in the endgame with a fully-evolved party. So I dunno what to do with this little guy now.

Level it up to be a spare team member

Shiny-Psyduck

Been trying to ditto breed Marill for the last 3 days with no luck.

On the bright side it brought my non-shiny Azumarill up to level 70.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
XP Ugh, getting an alolan form certainly did not improve shiny graveler's coloring any. In fact, it made it worse! I got my shiny geodude evolved past that stage as quickly as possible just to get away from that hideous brownish-orange.

In other news, my shiny gible is now a shiny garchomp, and I am very pleased with her.

Scatterbug, though, is being difficult. I'm at 1,000 eggs and counting.

AmethystLeslie

After that gong show that was Electrode (RIP in peace), a shiny Goldeen came up to me in Kanto on VC Gold. Male, level 10, may have 10 or 11 Attack IVs. His name is Glory, just the first Bayonetta enemy that came to mind (if he was female, I would've gone with Grace), encountered in either Cerulean City or Route 24. If untrained, Glory's nature would be Hardy.

Zero1999

After getting a Shiny Ditto on VC, decided to use my Nidoking to breed with it, and after 8 eggs, I received a blue male Nidoran, probably will go for Aerodactyl due to how long it takes to make an egg.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to all the recent shiny Pokemon!

So, a few days ago I decided to stop my MM Egg hunt for a Smeargle and do some SOS hunting, and half a day later my dry-spell finally came to an end when a shiny Machop appeared! It has 4 EV's in HP, Attack, Defense & um, Sp.Atk. Called him Hulk because, you know, big green and strong! Caught him in a Beast Ball too, so thats cool.

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/JceqaXt.jpg?1[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/14dWDkz.jpg?1[/img139]

I have started or set up hunts on most of my games now. In Moon, I am either going to try and hatch a Whismur (Exploud is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon!) In Alpha Sapphire I have started SR'ing for Dialga and in Omega Ruby I am SR'ing Ho-Oh (Non-Shiny Charm...) In VC Gold I am using the Red Gyarados to try and hatch a shiny Ekans, and in VC Silver I plan to do the same to hunt for a shiny Totodile. In X, which I have not done anything in for a while, I have decided to hunt the Friend Safari for either a shiny Smeargle or a male Kirlia. Oh, and I want been a bit more diligent in my hunt for a shiny Mewtwo in LG too.

The problem now is just deciding which hunt to concentrate on... help!

Which is your favorite shiny Eevelution? I am quite partial to Umbreon, the deep blue rings complement its black fur really well. Glaceon is a second choice as its a good example of a shiny that looks good by simply changing the hue of the color

Hmmm... I would say its between Sylveon, Vaporeon or Espeon... I love the pink Pokemon and Sylveon is cool, but for somereason I really like Espeons shiny form. Must hunt for them sometime.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Happy to see that my shiny Chikorita looks so good. Now that I'm playing the game, I plan to SR for the Sudowoodo and afterwards SR for the Eevee, the latter of which I will add to my team. That is my focus in the shiny hunts as of now

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I’ve been searching for a shiny Rockruff for days now, I believe I’m over 500 SOS calls and still no shiny Rockruff. This is my longest shiny hunt to date but it will all be worth when that adorable blue dog drops from the sky.

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
I’ve been searching for a shiny Rockruff for days now, I believe I’m over 500 SOS calls and still no shiny Rockruff. This is my longest shiny hunt to date but it will all be worth when that adorable blue dog drops from the sky.

We in the same boat buddy, this is my second day doing it. I told my brother I won't go to the Electric Trial until my get me blue puppers!

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
We in the same boat buddy, this is my second day doing it. I told my brother I won't go to the Electric Trial until my get me blue puppers!

I’ve already beaten the game, I have the shiny charm as well. Still not having any luck but I’m not giving up.

Don’t worry, I’m sure you will get it as well. Good luck with your search, bruh.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i managed to get 1 shiny magikarp, i taught it transform and it turned into a gible as it was neither female or HA variant. 1 down, 3 to go :).

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After 1,192 eggs, scatterbug finally hatches sparkly. Female, mild nature, 5IVs missing SpDEF, takes plenty of siestas, with Shield Dust. She'll make a beautiful vivillon.

Now I'll collect 4 boxes of scatterbug eggs for TheMaster327, and then I'll start working on getting a beldum with the nature and IV spread I want before starting the magikarp egg hatching.

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I gave up on GS 1/64 odds hunt as it takes far to long to do and do well with college. Instead I started to MM gibble hoping to get a rough skin one.

64 eggs later and my shiny gible showed up. He's Jolly in a level ball and... He has his HA! He has 4 31ivs missing sp.attk and hp.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well I gave up on GS 1/64 odds hunt as it takes far to long to do and do well with college. Instead I started to MM gibble hoping to get a rough skin one.

64 eggs later and my shiny gible showed up. He's Jolly in a level ball and... He has his HA! He has 4 31ivs missing sp.attk and hp.

Funny how you stopped attempting 1/64 odds and you went back to standard MM and got the shiny in 64 eggs lol

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
I’ve already beaten the game, I have the shiny charm as well. Still not having any luck but I’m not giving up.

Don’t worry, I’m sure you will get it as well. Good luck with your search, bruh.

Godspeed, friend. I just got mines. Naming him Alswaltz, cheers!

Last edited: