• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ShinyMimic12

Master of Shinies
Got a Shiny Mew and Mewtwo while trading breedjects. They both came from Kanto VC, and seem pretty legit, even though I can't officially check. I also got some high IV and unique ball Pokemon.

Mash

I've been shiny hunting for thundurus for 8 months now and still no luck :mad:. I even got the shiny charm last week but still now luck. I am very close to just saying screw This and using my powersave to just capture it and make it shiny -_-.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I've been shiny hunting for thundurus for 8 months now and still no luck :mad:. I even got the shiny charm last week but still now luck. I am very close to just saying screw This and using my powersave to just capture it and make it shiny -_-.

what version are you doing it on? if your doing it on bw/bw2 there is alot of moving npc that can take some time to get that but if its alpha sapphire that just a bit long with the charm? your going over your odds for sure then lol

Last edited:

Mash

what version are you doing it on? if your doing it on bw/bw2 there is alot of moving npc that can take some time to get that but if its alpha sapphire that just a bit long with the charm?
Yea it's alpha sapphire and tell me about it. Seeing everyone get it in 1000 soft resets or lower is really irking my nerves XD.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yea it's alpha sapphire and tell me about it. Seeing everyone get it in 1000 soft resets or lower is really irking my nerves XD.

i had no charm for lugia and i got it at 4,621 srs on my alpha sapphire...that is pretty much over the odds for you and its being a stubborn butt don't give up though im sure you will get it :)

Last edited:

Mash

i had no charm for lugia and i got it at 4,621 srs on my alpha sapphire...that is pretty much over the odds for you and its being a stubborn butt don't give up though im sure you will get it :)
Haha thanks I'm trying but that powersave is tempting me XD........

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Haha thanks I'm trying but that powersave is tempting me XD........

I know your pain... I went over 27k SRs for dialga in AS XP Was worth it to finally get the stubborn bugger, though.

Currently at 725 hatched 'karps + 30 beldum looking for the shiny.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What would you say your favorite Kanto Starter shiny is? And I mean starter specifically, so no evolutions factored in otherwise it would be Charizard no doubt. For me, it would probably be Bulbasaur

Erron Black

The Outlaw
What would you say your favorite Kanto Starter shiny is? And I mean starter specifically, so no evolutions factored in otherwise it would be Charizard no doubt. For me, it would probably be Bulbasaur

Bulbasaur, and even if it were final evos I'd pick Venusaur.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I'm back again after 147 eggs of magikarp swap this time I got a pink-eared female Limber Bunneary with egg moves fake out, ice punch, thunder punch and fire punch. Very happy as I have been unabled to get a female HA from Magikarp swap in ages.

I guess it's better than my near 1,000 egg hunts while I took a break from the forum.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I found another shiny while giving my Drilbur Pokérus. I really like Boldore's shiny pallet - the blue crystals remind me of Chargestone Cave. Definitely one of the better shiny designs imo.

Level it up to be a spare team member
Tempting, but I already have Krookodile, and I'm not a big fan of overlapping types. I might just send Drilbur (and Boldore) off to Moon so I can train them.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys,

I didn't think I'd be back so soon but well here I am.

I decided to get a copy of silver and I've been sr-ing for a shiny chikorita since chikorita was my first starter pokemon and I got him at 523 srs. I was definitely expecting it to take longer but I am super happy I got this golden leaf boy. I actually almost reset over him since I was just so in the zone, luckily I caught myself in time.

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone else hunting!

TheMaster327

I'm back after 2 weeks of limited internet! No shinies over that time, but I've reached 8,200 SRs for Cyndaquil on Gold VC. Going back to my Scatterbug MM tomorrow, so if you have some eggs ready, Cyberra, we can trade tomorrow!

Sh1ka

I was just playing with my magicarps and caterpies in wonder trade and i got a lvl 50 Adamant Zygarde and right after that lvl 100 Timid Shiny Yveltal.

innerutopia

Hello! I'm totally new to this forum so I'm not sure if there's any rhyme and reason to this thread, but I'll let y'all know what I'm doing now.

I previously had a Pokemon Moon file with a shiny Vikavolt (random encounter) and Primarina (hatched from my starter), but I think my SD card got corrupted somehow because I can no longer access that save file (I got the game on eShop so the file saved to my card). I also had a shiny Ponyta on X, which was also on my SD card, so same thing. Now I need to replay both those games from the beginning before I can get back into shiny-hunting, which for me is a post-game thing only. This time I'm gonna make it a point to get the shiny charm though, which I didn't do previously.

I do, however, still have my Alpha Sapphire file that I'm currently SRing for a Lugia. I'm on 2000-something SRs now.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Holy carp

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/RT1bpGu.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://i.imgur.com/LIQbm95.jpg[/img139]

So, TheMaster327 and I have been doing an egg trade shiny hunt. He wants a shiny vivillon with his OT but with a pattern different from his regional pattern, so I've been collecting the eggs in my game, trading them over (we seriously need the ability to trade in bulk... doing it one at a time takes hours), and they're hatched in his game. And yes, we did confirm that eggs generated in my game still evolve into the polar pattern vivi even if hatched in another game with a different regional location. In return, I get seel eggs from his seel MM.

We spent two hours trading four boxes of eggs this morning. I hatched one box immediately after but saved the rest for later. When I got back to hatching the other three boxes, I found this guy in the second box. Total eggs: 281.

The egg swapping will continue until TheMaster327 finds a white scatterbug in one of them ^_^

I'm not even going to try to guess at the odds here. Normal shiny-hunting rules don't apply... This hunt depends entirely on one of the eggs having an ID number that matches our secret trainer ID. I got lucky this time. No way to tell how long it will take TheMaster327 to find the shiny scatterbug

Last edited:

GiantBreadbug

Super Nerd
Howdy everyone (obligatory "it's my first post here")! Shinies are my MO in Pokemon so I have a feeling I'll be posting in here a bit. I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me regarding Magikarp Swapping for hatching shinies in SM:

For the target Pokemon to have a chance of having the HA, is it necessary for the Magikarp to also be HA (obviously in addition to the swap parent being HA)? Or is having a HA Magikarp simply advantageous for getting a HA swap target egg rather than mandatory?

In personal shiny news, I was recently SOSing for a Skarmory, but eventually broke the chain intentionally because I'd certainly cycled through the sweet spot like twice with no luck. My love/hate relationship with SOS chaining is a little on the latter side at the moment.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Howdy everyone (obligatory "it's my first post here")! Shinies are my MO in Pokemon so I have a feeling I'll be posting in here a bit. I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me regarding Magikarp Swapping for hatching shinies in SM:

For the target Pokemon to have a chance of having the HA, is it necessary for the Magikarp to also be HA (obviously in addition to the swap parent being HA)? Or is having a HA Magikarp simply advantageous for getting a HA swap target egg rather than mandatory?

In personal shiny news, I was recently SOSing for a Skarmory, but eventually broke the chain intentionally because I'd certainly cycled through the sweet spot like twice with no luck. My love/hate relationship with SOS chaining is a little on the latter side at the moment.

If the shiny 'karp has its HA, then whatever you switch in will have its HA as long as the breeder parent does.

Here's a little trick I discovered while breeding for my HA gible using the swap method: if the shiny 'karp does not have its HA but the next one does, then reset, gather eggs up to the shiny egg but reject the shiny egg and accept the next one. It will still be shiny. But it will have its hidden ability, and so will whatever you switch in as long as you reject that original shiny egg and accept the next one. If the 12th egg is shiny but has no HA, reject it and accept the 13th. It will still be shiny. I used this trick to get my HA gible since I've been having no luck with hidden abilities lately XP

I'm up to 1,500 magikarp eggs hatched looking for the shiny one. Stupid stubborn fish...

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Back to the basics: ghost-types, spiders, cats, things that go bump in the night.

Looking for an excuse to breed my shiny moon ball gastly, pumpkaboo, and phantump.

Took me 6 eggs to get a jolly beldum and another 24 eggs to get the IV spread I wanted. Now I'm hatching boxes of magikarp. Up to 150 fish hatched looking for that shiny one

I like the idea of the CH being a 'Spooky Pokemon' one. One of the main reasons why i started shiny hunting was to get every Ghost Pokemon in shiny form, so it would be nice to start that challenge again. In fact... I feel like hatching a shiny Duskull!

Shao-May

Trainer in training
So I just got out of work and decided to hatch my eggs in Poke Pelado, in between a few message I have to send. I look down and, I see this cute little yellow Mudbray! Yahoo! I've been looking for it for 2 weeks now and it is now stored in the Pokebank until Iltra Sun comes out (where it will be part of my team). Really brighten my day.

Next up, Zebstrika. Is a physical build better or a special one?

As for the little Mudbray, it's a female named Goldie for now, but I'm not entirely sold on the name. Any suggestions?

Last edited: