• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When shiny hunting Electrode in the Team Rocket HQ in HGSS, I can do the run away right?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
When shiny hunting Electrode in the Team Rocket HQ in HGSS, I can do the run away right?

I think so, from what I've seen on YT since it's stationary. Just remember to bring something with Damp so it won't go "boom" on you.

755 eggs and counting for pichu. Luck has definitely gone back to normal.

Yes I usually get my preorders on the day and sometimes the day before (MH4U came early and FE Awakening two days) but it's probably going to arrive on the release day.

Does the game store contact you to let you know your game is in?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Actually I checked. The Electrode are level 23, and in Gen 4 learn a self-destructing move at Level 29. So no Damp needed

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
If it's through store I wouldn't know I have mostly done online or when through store my uncle picks them up but I presume so and it probably not helpful that I don't know how they do the preorders in Canada.

Edit: I decided to randomly SOS through some catapies and got a shiny modest one on call 13... Wow.

Edit 2: Well I did pikipek as I was wanting a HA one... Got a shiny male on 3rd call with a hardy nature. (Oh well.)

Last edited:

Acdog

Currently at around 3,500 encounters for Latios in Alpha Sapphire (with Shiny Charm). I'm knocking it out each time. I know you can run away, but I like leveling up Pokémon I haven't used in ages. Can anyone confirm that the knock out method can work?

Krokodyl

Found BQ member 6 in Black 2- a shiny Ferroseed in Chargestone Cave. He was the one I wanted least (hence his nickname of Tantalus), but he's definitely growing on me. Serious nature, but I forgot to check his IV's.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Guys, I think I'm able to explain how to get a Shiny Eevee in GSC.

Since the shiny IVs can be inherited by the opposite gender child, I thought I would show the lineage from Shiny Gyarados to Shiny Eevee.

*Check the Bulbs for more on shiny inheritance.*

S-Shiny
C- Shiny Gene Carrier
N- Not shiny/nor carrier

Example: M/S Male Shiny
F/C Female Carrier

Gyarados M/S + Ekans F/N > Ekans F/C
Ekans F/C + Whatever M/N > Ekans M/C
Ekans M/C + Eevee F/N > Eevee F/C
Eevee F/C + Whatever M/N > Eevee M/S

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

After 250+ eggs Ralts shined! Pic: https://i.imgur.com/vkyRopN.jpg?1

He will be a Gardevoir. I am now starting a Torchic hunt. I also bought the Pokeball 2DS in prep for USUM (my daughter's 3DS broke. so I gave her my new 3DS and bought this one). This thing is surprisingly light and fast.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny pichu after 1,074 eggs. Female, everstoned timid, 4IVs missing ATK and SpATK, which I'm not happy about >.< Gonna get her evolved into an alola-form raichu.

Next up is a shiny I have wanted since the shinies for Gen VII were released: Minior. I got one in a moon ball from WT that I'll be using for breeding.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So, I was just hatching some Meditite eggs trying to get a high IV HA one for a trade when one hatched shiny.
I am off to check its information now. Ok, he has his HA of Telepathy, is everstoned Adamant, and has an IV spread of x/31/31/x/31/x. I may end up training this guy and use a couple bottle caps on him. I am not really sure yet.
Well, back to hatching eggs for my trade I guess.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Is anyone else paying attention to Joe Merrick's Twitter account today? How do you feel about the shiny odds in the Ultra Wormhole?

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
My reaction was: ... Ok but the ones I get would probably need egg moves so hunting them normally...

Also while there I noticed that Own Tempo rockruff can breed! So a shiny hunt in my future yay! I wanted to hunt it for some reason

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Is anyone else paying attention to Joe Merrick's Twitter account today? How do you feel about the shiny odds in the Ultra Wormhole?

Its surprising, but I do not think I am that bothered. It seems like a fun new way of hunting. I admit mind that I just kinda hope that there are not too many Pokemon in the pool.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How long do you think it will take until we get our first real, official Ultra Beast shiny?

Keovix

Hello guys! It's been a while since my last post, congratulations to everyone on your shinies.

I didn't have much time to hunt but since October I've been more active on Sun, 952 SR for Wimpod, RE 2 Ribombees and 1 Ariados, SOS chained 4 Oricorios, Wishiwashi, Crabrawler, Corsola, Morelull and a male Salandit even though I had a cute charm Clefairy, ended up wasting a lot of items to keep the chain going for aroud 200 calls.

I'm gonna hunt a female Salandit again but before that I will MM a bold cute charm shiny Cleffa :) already egg hatching hopefully it won't take too long.

Can't wait to shiny hunt in USUM!

Best of luck on your hunts!

Edit: After 160 eggs, shiny cute charm bold cleffa appeared, but it's a female, so I will keep trying for a male.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***

What's with the ultra wormhole shiny odds? o.o

395 eggs hatched for minior so far. I'll be picking up my copy of Ultra Sun later, but I think I'll finish this minior hunt before I go for a starter.

Can someone please explain to me what people were talking about with the ultra wormholes?!

Last edited:

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
What's with the ultra wormhole shiny odds? o.o

395 eggs hatched for minior so far. I'll be picking up my copy of Ultra Sun later, but I think I'll finish this minior hunt before I go for a starter.

Can someone please explain to me what people were talking about with the ultra wormholes?!

Ultra wormholes, there is a mini-game involved where if you reach alot of points the higher chance you will have to get shiny pokemon.
The chances can be extremely high. I heard from others that its like 1/12 you'll find the shiny. The shiny is also locked as soon as you enter the Wormhole, so you can SR for diffrent natures and stats. This only counts for the standard encounters, for legends and UB's you can SR.

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Ultra wormholes, there is a mini-game involved where if you reach alot of points the higher chance you will have to get shiny pokemon.
The chances can be extremely high. I heard from others that its like 1/12 you'll find the shiny. The shiny is also locked as soon as you enter the Wormhole, so you can SR for diffrent natures and stats. This only counts for the standard encounters, for legends and UB's you can SR.

Its sounds cool. Do we have a list yet of what shiny Pokemon are available via the wormholes? I hear its only a small selection...

TheMaster327

Well, this took no time at all! Only 277 SRs!

[spoil][img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/373267652841308168/381204831747964929/20171117_213538.jpg?width=400&height=300[/img139][img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/373267652841308168/381204832389955603/20171117_214449.jpg?width=400&height=300[/img139][img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/373267652841308168/381204832834420736/20171117_214458.jpg?width=400&height=300[/img139][/spoil]

Yes, shiny Litten! First for my Trial Quest and CONSIDERABLY less than Rowlet last time around! This is the second shiny starter I've found on release day, after Chespin in gen 6. Not sure what to go for next! Maybe Inkay in Route 1...