• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well, this took no time at all! Only 277 SRs!

[spoil][img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/373267652841308168/381204831747964929/20171117_213538.jpg?width=400&height=300[/img139][img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/373267652841308168/381204832389955603/20171117_214449.jpg?width=400&height=300[/img139][img139]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/373267652841308168/381204832834420736/20171117_214458.jpg?width=400&height=300[/img139][/spoil]

Yes, shiny Litten! First for my Trial Quest and CONSIDERABLY less than Rowlet last time around! This is the second shiny starter I've found on release day, after Chespin in gen 6. Not sure what to go for next! Maybe Inkay in Route 1...

Is shiny hunting a starter in Ultra Sumo more or less obnoxious as in Sun and Moon?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Does anyone know if Shiny Charm affects Poipole's chances of being shiny?

I've heard it doesn't, but I'm hoping otherwise. I'd really like to hunt it rather quickly!

Golden_Arcanine

I told myself I wasn't going to buy the new USUM games, and I caved and bought one yesterday. Played it a bit last night, and was doing some random catches in order to transfer some Pokes over from my Sun/Moon games and ran into a shiny Magnemite. Not the prettiest of shinies, but I'm still stoked. First random shiny since Slugma in Emerald.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I can finally weigh in on Ultra wormholes as I just encountered a Shiny Abomasnow on 3rd try (After the story one) so I'll say it's good only like 20 are available like this.

So that's my first USUM Shiny...

As I have all weekend should I keep track of how many it takes for me to get three more? I don't mind as I can use the non-shiny to train.

Edit: Shiny Crustle showed up after 16 more... Is Impish a good nature?

Edit 2: Wow if you can do it well you can get shinies quite quickly... 7 More for a Shiny Nuzleaf.

Edit 3: Well as my hands are aching now... So I'll leave the info here of the 3 shinies so you can talk about it. Now time for bed for me.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Decided not to bother with hunting a shiny Electrode. Would get in the way of the let's play. While levelling up my team for Pryce, I randomly got a shiny Gloom! A female one, so it's the perfect choice to evolve into Bellossom in future

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well after 40 more wormholes (I am bad with the controls) a shiny Heilolisk showed up and my opinion is despite the ease of getting the shinies I now want to pull my hair out.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Well I can finally weigh in on Ultra wormholes as I just encountered a Shiny Abomasnow on 3rd try (After the story one) so I'll say it's good only like 20 are available like this.

So that's my first USUM Shiny...

As I have all weekend should I keep track of how many it takes for me to get three more? I don't mind as I can use the non-shiny to train.

Edit: Shiny Crustle showed up after 16 more... Is Impish a good nature?

Edit 2: Wow if you can do it well you can get shinies quite quickly... 7 More for a Shiny Nuzleaf.

Edit 3: Well as my hands are aching now... So I'll leave the info here of the 3 shinies so you can talk about it. Now time for bed for me.

Congrants on the wormhole shinies, told ya its very easy.
I doubt I will be hunting shinies that way though, the odds seem way to high for more liking.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Does anyone know if Shiny Charm affects Poipole's chances of being shiny?

I've heard it doesn't, but I'm hoping otherwise. I'd really like to hunt it rather quickly!

Since it's a new page and all, question still in need of answer.

Also this Hakamo-o hunt has been going on for nearly a MONTH and nothing. This is beyond frustrating.

EDIT: Yes! It finally shined not long ago. Hasty nature with 31IVs in Sp.Def, Def, Sp.Atk, and Speed. Not bad, but not desirable. Still psyched to have it! Going to use it in my UM playthrough when I get to Poni island.

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Hey all. I haven't been here for a while. Bit busy with other things. I have gotten more shinies but cannot remember how many since my last post. So I will just mention my sun/moon ones. I tried s.o.s method for a ditto with only aim of getting a high IV one for Madura method. I entered finding a shiny one. Then I tried for rockruff and got it after a few hours. Then I got shiny Rowlet from MM and not long after that a shiny Litten from MM. I then noticed I had gotten Ash Ketchum's Alola team shiny lol. I have not had much time for ultra sun yet but have started playing a little. Congratulations to all new shinies everyone.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
After being sulky that I cannot progress the post-game story of the game, because your forced to catch the UB exclusive..
I had to SR for a shiny without the Shiny charm (Thank you pokebank)

All is well though because in friccan 52 encounters the master of nuggets appeared on my screen !
I couldnt believe my eyes.. lovely! It has the desired nature and it just looks perfect !

[img139]https://s7.postimg.org/mex6sojq3/20171119_150424.jpg[/img139]
[img139]https://s7.postimg.org/4ovi7nduz/20171119_150502.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I am not going to using the wormhole method as I don't like it for the awkward controls. So now I am grapping mons to get the shiny charm and hunt either Nilhego or Latias.

Hunter of shiny

shiny huntress
After 2 consecutive days almost non stop of soft resetting (in Total 532) i finally got a Shiny litten! Even tho It has a terribile nature..but i dont mind that Much cause i can play the game. Good luck on everyone hunts!

Last edited:

Keovix

Congratulations to everyone on your shinies, the Ultra beasts shinies look so nice, gonna have so much fun hunting them!

I have already hatched 505 eggs and I'm still waiting for a shiny male cute charm cleffa to appear, gonna stop hatching eggs for a while because I really wanna start SR for a shiny Litten, it would be my first shiny starter ever, have both Ultra Sun and Moon.

Best of luck on your hunts!

Echo Nacyl

After an uncounted number of SRs, shiny Stakataka appeared just in time for work tonight. Sync worked and it's Sassy with 31s in HP, Def, and SpAtk. Caught in a crit-cap Beast Ball. I already prepped my UB worlds (a.k.a. went in and killed one of each to skip the cutscene when I return), so I'm hoping to target Guzzlord ASAP. Might go for Poipole first though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Stubborn minior is stubborn... I just hit 1,200 eggs for the darn thing. I even switched to the swap method to make it go faster XP

Ultra Sun is sitting on my desk waiting for me to begin and this minior JUST WILL NOT SHINE!!

*headdesk*

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Well I am offically determined to get a timid, bold or calm shiny latias. Just has one show up but it was lonely so back to sring... But sr'ing legendaries are really quick now even compared to ORAS.

Yes I have gotten the shiny charm.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I was going for a shiny starter on Ultra Sun but it was just too boring, so I bred a shiny Litten on Moon. I started on Sunday and got it Monday in a hatching session where I did nothing but play Moon until my eyes hurt and managed to get it. I'm just glad it didn't take forever like it did with Rowlet. Now I'm using my shiny Litten and shiny Rowlet in Ultra Sun and I'm loving it. Good luck with present and future shiny hunting everyone!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well after 40 more wormholes (I am bad with the controls) a shiny Heilolisk showed up and my opinion is despite the ease of getting the shinies I now want to pull my hair out.

That seems like a means of balancing things out