• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What do you think is the hardest Pokemon to get shiny, besides Manaphy of course? I am thinking getting a shiny Munchlax in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
After 611 SR's the dog finally appeared and its beautiful in my opinion.
I panicked a bit during the capture because I forgot to give my Leppa berry to the Harvast mon (You know, for the skill swap - bestow PP).
I made sure false swipe dindt hit the 1% HP but rather something like 30% so that he can do atleast one turn of Struggle and I throw the masterball
(Despite how ugly the ball is). I was lucky enough to get a CRIT capture with an Ultra ball so I was relieved.

Anyway.. This dog is great, synced worked too and I just need to level it up and place it in my competitive team :)

[img139]https://s7.postimg.org/iuvd18svf/20171217_084822_1.jpg[/img139]

Echo Nacyl

Despite my previous statement that Own Tempo Rockruff was my next hunt, I foolishly decided to go for Poipole first.
Sitting at 3802 SRs over the past week and nothing. Trying not to feel discouraged but I'm so sick of staring at this purple poison puff.

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
So, Alpha Sapphire was released in 2014 and I just got shiny Mudkip yesterday, whoops!
But yes, I finally found him~ Didn't count SR's (I never do) but it only took 100-200 roughly this week, and who knows how many since the game actually released haha. I'm going to guess 1000 or so. So fairly short, if it wasn't for me ¬3¬

Decided to do a shiny Badge Quest (still on badge 7 of my Black 2 quest if anyone remembers that!) so the next hunt is RE or DexNav a Shroomish, and then breed a Poochyena if I can find a female in a Moon Ball. If anyone has any from an old shiny hunt or anything PLEASE PM me so we can trade. Nature and ability doesn't matter and I'll be forever grateful. I don't have much to trade but I will give you a Phione to say thanks :3

In Black 2, I'm repel tricking both Vibrava and Skarmory, but I only really want Vibrava so cross your fingers for me!

And congrats to everyone who got shinies since my last post June 2016! <3

Waves01

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys congrats to all who got shinies recently I'm not hunting anything particular in my UM atm in my alpha sapphire I'm doing an all shiny run so far I have 5 shiny team members and 3 more in the box haven't played in a bit. Thinking abt hunting xurkitree or phermosa or maybe poiple. But I'm also gonna start masuda method hunting dedenne I think. Also wanna sos chaining for noibat

maldoror

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!!

I have had a pretty good week hunting.

I got Xurkitree in a decent amount of resets.

https://i.imgur.com/hkw9ua4.jpg?1

I got Nihilego in under 20 resets.

https://i.imgur.com/Bn7UpA8.jpg?1

Poiple came quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/CYEtjan.jpg?1

Xerneas wormhole found by accident, shined quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/aBXEjHQ.jpg?1

And then there was Groudon. This was a bit tougher and required a Masterball.

https://i.imgur.com/xLXoABc.jpg?1

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
At last I get one of my actual targets!

After 2,510 SRs, a brown rufflet appears before me. He's hardy nature and hates to lose, with Keen Eye. Caught him in a great ball since it matches well with shiny braviary's coloring.

Onward I go.

yay congrats cyberra :D now i just need my freaking target to shine stubborn ub burst

so on my way to getting closer to hitting over the odds w/o the shiny charm at 3,900 srs -_- this ultra beast is being more annoying then it looks lol I just hope this thing doesn't go over my shiny lugia odds because i might just take a break to get the charm to finish this crazy mess...

good luck to all that are still hunting and congrats to all new shinies that have been found since my last ranting post lol

ebevan91

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!!

I have had a pretty good week hunting.

I got Xurkitree in a decent amount of resets.

https://i.imgur.com/hkw9ua4.jpg?1

I got Nihilego in under 20 resets.

https://i.imgur.com/Bn7UpA8.jpg?1

Poiple came quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/CYEtjan.jpg?1

Xerneas wormhole found by accident, shined quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/aBXEjHQ.jpg?1

And then there was Groudon. This was a bit tougher and required a Masterball.

https://i.imgur.com/xLXoABc.jpg?1

Awesome! I'm gonna try go to after each of the version mascots that are available in Ultra Moon. Got Yveltal a couple nights ago and might try Lugia or Zekrom next. I have a shiny Palkia from an event and a shiny Kyogre from the GTS which was probably hacked so I'll save them for last.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Dang Maldoror, here I thought my luck was supreme xD you have such a nice collection in such a short period congrants man !

So yesterday I got a hunch that if I hunt for Celesteela now I will get it shortly.. so I chose to follow this hunch and I was correct !
After 147 SR's a shiny celesteela popped up ! Sync dindt worked but the random nature it got was actually very viable so i am very satisfied with it.
Caught it in a Nest ball to fit the Yellow en Green tints it has

[img139]https://s7.postimg.org/ui9u8fmu3/20171218_075603.jpg[/img139]

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've reached Paniola Ranch in Ultra Sun. Now I'm taking a break to finish the breeding I'm working on in Sun so I can send over my ditto and get the breeding I want to do in US done.

Smeargle is at 365 eggs, plus breaks for about 50 rockruff (it did not want to give me the right combination of nature and IVs so I can breed it with the Own Tempo one XP) and 40 paras (getting one with the right nature and IVs for hunting blacephalon later; this one did not need to be shiny) so I'm at more like 455 eggs. Stubborn smeargle is stubborn.

Zero1999

It's been a while since my last post.

Anyway, yesterday on my Leafgreen after 2 days of RE, I got a shint Diglett, male, Sand veil (Arena trap would have been neat) and Quirky nature (not bad), at least I got a shiny in my favorite month,
currently going for Machop on Mt.Ember.

Cutty

Forever now
Hey ho. I'd been soft resetting for Shiny Poipole about 350 SRs , but mistakenly saved it and ended up w/ the normal one :/ It seems like I got 'bad luck' after 'bad luck'. Although the IVs aren't too shabby.
Anywhoo, I went back to soft reset for Shiny Pennywise Blacephalon, and to my Surprise, after 255 SRs, a dark blue clown appeared on my 2DS screen. Yes. Not Zoroark, Trumbeak, Buneary or Shiny Riolu again. But my own Shiny Blacephalon! :D

ShinyPennywiseAppeared!.jpg

It added to a total of 1,592 REs & SRs w/ Shiny Charm so not that bad.
And luckily I successfully caught it w/out having it blow himself to death cuz I didn't bring Damp ability pokemon. Syncher worked too w/ Timid nature, and the IVs are okay. Gold Bottle Cap will fix it in no time.

Too bad I can't hunt for Shiny Poipole again, so I think for the next target I'll hunt for something via MM.

Good luck on your other hunts especially if you've been hunting for Shiny Blacephalon too~

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Congratulations to all the recent shinies, and good luck to everyone here!

I am just popping in to give you people an update on what I have been up to lately.
I am still SR'ing on my US version for a shiny Articuno, which I have been doing for a few days now. I do not really care much if Synchronize fails on this one as well, but it would be nice for it to work.
I have been playing through my UM version some also, hoping to get to the postgame and SR a shiny Stakataka (then perhaps another Poipole so I will have both it and Naganadel shiny). My US shiny Naganadel is now level 100 and Hyper Trained flawless.
As of one month into my Pokémon US version, I believe I have successfully SR'ed 16 or so shinies, all UB's and legendaries. I can check on that number once I finish this Articuno hunt to be sure though. I do plan on continuing these hunts, as I have been finding them quite enjoyable. From working my way through Ultra Space to actually encountering whatever legendary I find, it has been a nice change from some other Pokémon hunts I have done in the past.

EDIT: Ok, I just caught that shiny Articuno. I was not expecting it at that moment. I has woken up about half an hour before then, and I was just doing some SR'ing to do something.
It only took a single Ultra Ball on my first try to catch it. I did not even need to have it faint my starting Synchronize Kadabra.
Modest Synchronize worked, and it has an IV spread of 31/x/31/x/x/31. Yay.
I will probably continue this hunting through Ultra Wormholes, along with continuing my playthrough of my UM version.

Last edited:

maldoror

Dang Maldoror, here I thought my luck was supreme xD you have such a nice collection in such a short period congrants man !

Thanks! What that tally doesn't include are the 3,000 + frustrating Buzzwole soft resets that have not yet revealed a shiny. I decided to switch to Kartana, but cannot find its wormhole again; which is how I accidentally found Xerneas and Groudon. Poiple took less than 50 resets and the others took less than a day to shine.

I am now leveling up some new members of my online battle team and taking a short break from hunting (that Groudon came way too close to failing and kind of startled me).

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to all so far.

Im currently still Soft resetting for a Shiny Rowlet Starter in my copy of Ultra Sun. Im at 3395 SRs now.

I always pictured it going very quickly or over odds and I don't want to be right with the latter! >.<

Anyway, I've only got another 4.5 shifts until im off for 10 days over Christmas and ill hopefully be getting a good few resets then if I haven't caught it by then! Im averaging around 120 a day @ 27 per hour.

Good luck to all :)

Cutty

Forever now
Back :D
It seems like after getting unlucky I get lucky again. I said earlier I was gonna MM a shiny, and after only 20 eggs, he hatched!

De Oranje.jpg

5IV minus HP, with the right ability and the new egg move it needed.

Anyway, I've got some breejects of it if anyone's interested, in Level ball w/ 4 egg moves and 5IV (a couple are in perfect IV). Just VM me if you want.

Congrats on all recent shinies too~

Shao-May

Trainer in training
So, I was SRing a Poipole with good IV and BAM! Shiny Poipole appeared! Just as I was near resetting. I think let let out a little scream of surprise,
It's my first time with full odds. The mon is Timid with imperfect IV, especialy the spAtk but I'm sure I can bottle cap it. Kind of funny, I was missing it's evolution to get the shiny charm.

Any name suggestions?

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
So, I was SRing a Poipole with good IV and BAM! Shiny Poipole appeared! Just as I was near resetting. I think let let out a little scream of surprise,
It's my first time with full odds. The mon is Timid with imperfect IV, especialy the spAtk but I'm sure I can bottle cap it. Kind of funny, I was missing it's evolution to get the shiny charm.

Any name suggestions?

Whoite

It's a play on Poipole sounding like a Brooklyn accent for "purple"