1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

The Celebi event in Crystal is a permanent event, it will not ever cease to be obtainable in VC versions of Crystal.

...wow who knows who I am eh? xD Life has been going nuts on me for years now, but hunting was been at times moderately successful for me. My last shiny however was a shiny Mudkip on Pokemon Ruby lately! I ordered a legit Ruby and an AGS-001 GBA from eBay just before the month began and picked it up, and yeah now I am on a new Badge Quest! Pickup is working miracles for me as I hunt too ;)

Have fun hunting y'all!

2. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

Well, it's not as interesting or rare as my current SR hunts, but I hatched a shiny Zigzagoon tonight. Female, Level Ball, Jolly, Gluttony, with Extremespeed and 31/31/31/Decent/31/31. Couldn't have asked for better, just gotta decide on a name for her.
    Probably gonna do another breeding hunt on UM, since US is still tied up on Poipole (after I get Poipole I'll probably dual hunt the version-exclusive UBs). Thinking about targeting Vikavolt since it's fairly simple in having only one ability, plus its shiny is sweet.

3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Fist-pump time!

Now I worry on how hard it is going to be to catch that thing

4. SheroGH

SheroGH Active Member

It's not that hard to catch. It has a catch rate of 45 so with 5-10 ultra balls and full HP, if you're lucky.

5. ArcanineRaichu77

ArcanineRaichu77 Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~

My Lucky Week!

Seriously, what is my luck this week? First Wurmple under odds, not even hitting 6k, I get a FEMALE Shiny Piplup after only 300 SR's on Diamond and now this little fella decided to greet me on White 2 after only 5 eggs with MM! My dex is nowhere near finished so no charm on this game! I haven't done an MM in so long, and I always find it relaxing, which was good at the time because my anxiety was being dumb :p. So I thought, I'll MM something for my Black 2 BQ. Mienfoo is a nice shiny, and stuck a female with Regenerator in with my foreign Sandile. Female was Jolly, but I derped and forgot the Everstone :p I was playing Colo at the same time and couldn't believe when I looked down and saw this!
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/oSCAmSM.jpg?1[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/GKJG4Hy.jpg[/img139]
    I got so lucky, as he is randomly Naive nature! Above Average IV's with Fantastic Speed :D.
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/6Vx65xU.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/DwB7m9S.jpg[/img139]

My next target will be another shiny Mienfoo for my Black 2 BQ, as I want one with better IV's with Regenarator, and I want to have both of the evo line! I called this guy Kojofu, and he's too cute to evolve! Good luck all :D
    EDIT: Here's a video to showcase this lovely fella :D https://youtu.be/YlrrpRp5RO8
    EDIT 2: I got a feeling that I should restart my original White, since it's been ages since I played through those games, and BQ it! As I want to do a complete shiny Unova dex, my first target is a Snivy, who I won't be evolving! Not counting my Srs so it's more relaxed counting by days hunted instead, so this is day one lol. I think Tepig on White was actually my first ever Sr shiny, and White was the first game I ever did a BQ on so, I'm excited for this!
    ~AR77~

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

I successfully caught a shiny Ditto using the ditto glitch between my Crystal and Red games. I collected 5 Eevee eggs using the Eevee from Bill and the new shiny Ditto. These eggs are so slow to hatch, though. I likely won’t try for more Eevee any time soon if one of these doesn’t shine. I’d rather go for something with a shorter hatch time first. And I still need to complete the story anyway.

7. RedJirachi

Is it like Sudowoodo and I have to catch it immediately, or can I come back any time? What Pokemon that can learn False Swipe will be the easiest to level up and do the job?

8. kirkeastment

kirkeastment Completing The Trio

It's not a part of the storyline so you can start SR'ing then give up and leave at any time you wish and continue onto the Kanto portion of the game.

As for false swiping, Scyther or Farfetch'd are your only options in the Johto region, so unless you complete the Kanto portion of the game beforehand, those 2 are your only options.

That said, Celebi was so so easy to capture. I brought along a freshly caught Arbok from Route 27(on the way to the league) that had Glare & Bite. I used Glare and 2 Bites and Celebi was just above half health, i chucked 1 Ultra Ball and it was caught.

9. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Or you could just master ball it, which is what I plan to do. Take no chances.

Shiny goomy after 406 eggs. Female, calm nature, alert to sounds, with Hydration. I'll keep her for now, but might send her into WT later.

10. RedJirachi

Oh yeah, I forgot about how useful the Master Ball would be for that

11. xEryChan

xEryChan The Navigatior Staff Member Moderator

Well, this was random. I found a shiny Inkay today while I was working on completing my Melemele PokeDex while watching Celebrity Big Brother. It came out of nowhere and completely caught me off guard. I am just so happy right now.

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/yRj0Tt8.jpg[/img139]

12. StrongBad456

StrongBad456 Beginning Trainer

I got my 2nd shiny of my Crystal playthrough, from the Odd Egg. Luckily I saved in front of the Daycare Man and was able to reset after hatching a shiny Magby that I didn't really need because I have a Cyndaquil. The next egg gave me a shiny Tyrogue and that was what I wanted, so I kept him and named him Rocky. Happy hunting!

13. I Pink Elephant

I Pink Elephant Shiny Hunter

Congratulations on all the new shiny Pokemon!

So, last time I mentioned how I had luck SOS farming some shiny Pokemon. Right after my last hunt, I decided to try to find a shiny Dunsparce however, as I was trying to find one via ambushes a shiny Ekans appeared! I was kinda shocked, it was my third shiny of the day, and the first non-hatch/SOS one in a long while.

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/MoSj5gT.jpg?1[/img139]

After that I kinda gave up my Dunsparce hunt to try and find a shiny Growlithe, who I found the next day!

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/zsTWjAF.jpg?1[/img139]

After that I decided to try to find a shiny Smoochum, however my Shiny luck did not last, as two days later I had found nothing... until this one appeared! Very happy with her, and now I have a full shiny-team to tackle Ultra Moon with!

Finally, today I beat the E4 on Crystal and sent the GS Ball to that guy, so tomorrow I can start SR'ing for a shiny Celebi. In the mean time, I decide on a whim to see if I could use the shiny Gyarados to hat a shiny Dratini... and I did, on my first hatch! So glad to finally have a shiny Dratini.

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/fGdrppo.jpg?1[/img139]

I cannot believe my shiny luck... I bet this Celebi hunt will take years...

Random question, has anyone had any problems sending over Shiny Pokemon from Crystal to the main games? I want to do that with Dratini, but I heard that some people where having problems with the Bank, such as Shiny Pokemon going normal after transfer...

14. Team Volt Grunt

It’s been a couple days, but I successfully performed the shiny Ditto trick and now have a shiny Ditto in Crystal. Once I finish the story, I’ll use it to breed for shinies. I’ve used it to breed some extra Eevee, but none hatched shiny for me.

The main problem to look out for is the odd egg Pokémon. Dizzy Punch prevents them from being transferred to Bank. You have to delete it first.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  15. Krokodyl

Krokodyl Member

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies!

I haven't posted in a while, but recently I've gotten Guzzlord and Giratina through SR, Chansey through SOS, and Hypno and Heracross randomly through RE while training, all in Ultra Moon, as well as numerous wormhole shinies while searching for the legends. Yesterday, I decided I wanted to MM a shiny Hawlucha but didn't want to deal with the headache of SOSing it (stupid "Rare" call rate). But first I wanted to SOS a Mold Breaker one to breed from, just for fun. I never got it though, because Darkwing the Hawlucha showed up at 13 SOS calls! She is Jolly nature, with perfect IVs in Attack and Special Defense. I'm super happy to have her!

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

16. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

So I decided to take a break from Xerneas as that decided to hit 10k, so I went back to my Gold BQ for a bit. After 5,816 encounters on Route 39...

[img139]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295170550752477204/413411634048925696/20180214_185737.jpg[/img139]

Shiny Raticate! She showed up just on the turn to night, so unfortunately no Farfetch'd, but still relatively pleased with this! Next hunt I think will be Route 44 for Tangela, assuming I can get there after Morty...

17. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

I can't even get passed the starter yet lol congrats :) however i did take a long break after i think 400+ srs, I am doing a badge quest on my silver version ^_^

anyway I am starting up my first mm on my ultra sun finally which is alolan vulpix i am at 24 eggs in atm :) I might get crystal version later to start a badge quest on that one too I really want that shiny celebi legally

good luck to everyone that is shiny hunting and congrats on the shinies since my last post

@Shine: Thank you very much for the congrats a bit late but wanted to let you know thanks ^_^ I would of did the second one shiny too but I really wanted my iv checker and didn't feel like knocking it out for later so i just captured it with the correct nature I was targeting for the first one shiny.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  18. Team Volt Grunt

I started a new shiny hunt last night. I beat Clair yesterday and got a Dratini from Dragon's Den. I gave it to the daycare couple with my shiny Ditto and I'm collecting/hatching 5 eggs at a time.

I don't plan on doing this for very many pokemon. Breeding is so much more efficient in gen 6 and 7. After Dratini shines, I'll beat the league and soft reset for either Celebi or Suicune.

I'm also continuing my SR for Totodile in Soul Silver.

Good luck on your hunts!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  19. Echo Nacyl

Echo Nacyl Well-Known Member

So I was running around Mt. Hokulani fighting Minior for split defense EVs and suddenly a Minior shines. I went ahead and masterballed it because I never use the darn things and have a bunch of extras, plus had no Damp Pokemon in my party.
    It's Bashful and Highly Curious. Orange core. Back to training now.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  20. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

I've never actually hunted specifically for shinies before. Just got a lucky few on chance encounters. But I'm trying to get a shiny Illumise through chaining on route 7 in X.
    Highest chain is only 24 though...crogunk seems to like to break my chains. Wish me luck & any tips are appreciated.