• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm still hunting for shiny female yanmega in the wormholes in UltraSun, but I got three new shinies this week, all repeats: drapion, audino, and nuzleaf. At least only nuzleaf was a repeat from this game, audino and drapion came from five and sixth gen games respectively.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Magikarp finally shone at 2,582 eggs. It had its HA, so first I tried incineroar but the IVs were crap, so I'll breed one for a good nature and IVs and try again later. I switched in the buneary instead.

Female buneary, adamant nature, 31/31/31/31/xx/31, Limber, capable of taking hits, with the egg moves Fake Out, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, and Fire Punch. she'll be a badass lopunny/mega lopunny.

Now, though, I'm going to faint my timid sync and go try and find xurkitree or nihilego. Preferably xurkitree first.

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
Took a break from mm chimchar to do some wormhole hunting. First hole I went into a kyorge appears and shone after only 60 soft resets. A picture will be up soon as I figure out how to upload from my phone

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I found xurkitree in the ultra wormhole and set up in front of it. After about 1,200 SRs, though, the cutscene started to annoy me, so I decided to faint it, leave, and come back. If all else failed I could just SR back to in front of the xurkitree and continue as normal.

My ability to navigate the wormholes still sucks, though. While trying to get back to the ultra plant I crashed into a one-ring blue wormhole and found... a shiny lombre.

After that I couldn't just SR back to xurkitree... I'd lose the lombre. I've never had a shiny lombre before. Thankfully, on the very next run I entered a one-ring white wormhole and found the ultra plant again. Parked back in front of xurkitree and the lombre is safe in my PC box.

I know it's timid nature b/c of my sync but I didn't get a real look at it before I went back into the wormhole.

Xurkitree is at 2,471 SRs and counting. It goes so much faster without the cutscene. I'll be doing the same thing for nihilego and buzzwole since they're easy to find, but for kartana and definitely guzzlord I'll just deal with the cutscenes.

TheMaster327

So this happened late last night on Route 44, on the last encounter of the day, and 10,000th encounter total...

20180326_230428.jpg

Shiny Bellsprout! Slightly disappointed it was Bellsprout, given Tangela and Lickitung are on the same route, but still, it's something I didn't have before, so I'm happy with it. (sorry pic is huge, not sure how to fix with the new forum atm)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny xurkitree after 3,422 SRs! :D Sync failed and it came out Mild nature, capable of taking hits, with Beast Boost. I can still work with that. IVs are 31/xx/31/xx/xx/31. But that's why we now have bottle caps

The lombre I found the other day is timid nature with Swift Swim and is mischievous. Timid isn't the best nature for ludicolo, but at least it boosts SpATK, and the mischievous characteristic maxes it, too.

Up next is nihilego, once I find its wormhole and faint it so I don't have to deal with the cutscene every time

Edit: OMG shiny nihilego after only 116 soft resets! o.o I was not expecting it to shine that fast!

Sync failed again and it came out with a gentle nature and likes to thrash about. I'm not having much luck with natures right now.

Back to Paniola Ranch... I have some other things I want to breed before I go after buzzwole.

Last edited:

Shinyhunter1990

Shiny Hunter 4 life
while hatching some eggs I decided to hunt a shiny magmar but got a shiny magby not going complain at all

Echo Nacyl

Caught a shiny Lugia in Go today. It was my 16th Lugia raid since the shiny was released, and my only raid today. Glad to have it.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny HA litten after 640 eggs. Male, jolly nature, likes to thrash about, Intimidate. IVs are 31/31/xx/31/31/31. Not bad :D

Gonna start 'karp swapping next... What I switch in depends on whether the shiny 'karp is HA or not. Or if it's female. I want a shiny female salandit but getting one will not be easy. I have about 12 different 'mons I want to breed shiny, some requiring their HA and some not.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Shiny HA litten after 640 eggs. Male, jolly nature, likes to thrash about, Intimidate. IVs are 31/31/xx/31/31/31. Not bad :D

Gonna start 'karp swapping next... What I switch in depends on whether the shiny 'karp is HA or not. Or if it's female. I want a shiny female salandit but getting one will not be easy. I have about 12 different 'mons I want to breed shiny, some requiring their HA and some not.
You have to be careful with gender. Magikarp is 50/50, but Salandit is not. A female Magikarp can result in a male Salandit still.

AmethystLeslie

Just hatched a shiny Snorlax while attempting to look for a female.

Male, Luxury Ball, Impish, Immunity, Best/Pretty Good/Decent/Best/Best/Best, Lick/Curse/After You/Double Edge..

Cyberra

pain in the ***
You have to be careful with gender. Magikarp is 50/50, but Salandit is not. A female Magikarp can result in a male Salandit still.

I know. I'm going to try the salandit first, but if the shiny salandit hatches male I'll reset and swap in something else. Until the shiny salandit is female.

Edit: The shiny 'karp hatched at 208 eggs, female and HA. I tried the salandit but it hatched male, so I reset and put in amaura instead. So at 208 eggs I get a shiny HA amaura.

Male, modest nature, 31/xx/31/31/31/31 so 5IV perfect, takes plenty of siestas, with Snow Warning. I am happy.

Now I put the 'karp back in and begin again.

Last edited:

PsychoKing47

Got a shiny Chansey and Yveltal off of Wonder Trade today. I'm assuming (Wonder Trade being as it is) that both of these are hacked, or at least cloned, but I'm not entirely certain (if you're playing Sun and someone caught Yveltal in Ultra Moon and traded it to you, would Ultra Space Wilds be replaced with "Faraway Place", as the Yveltal seems reasonably legit barring being a Wonder Trade shiny and holding a Lucky Egg)

WzwUjZb.jpg

HGbZwHf.jpg

EDIT: Going to have to hunt Yveltal once I get Ultra Moon, as I want to have both of these as definitely legit shinies now that I've got them this way. Was going to Masuda Method Chansey, but I found one on GTS that seems legit and that I was able to get, so that won't be necessary.

EDIT: Should also mention that the Yveltal is Bold, but I don't know if that means anything or not.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny 'karp hatched at egg 34, HA female again. Once again the salandit hatched male, so I put in a HA gible in a beast ball and hatched that instead.

Gible is female, jolly nature, capable of taking hits, with Rough Skin. IVs are 31/xx/31/31/31/31. Not happy about that low ATK stat... it's "decent" but that's still not great.

In goes the 'karp again, and I resume the hunt for the elusive female salandit

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So, I was on my X version, hatching some Abra eggs for Synchronizing future shinies from the Friend Safari. I am currently in the process of trying to hatch an Adamant one, but one just shined a few minutes ago. She is Relaxed, which means I hatched a shiny before an Adamant one. Seriously...?
She has 31 IVs in Attack. This Abra came from an English Ditto I caught in this very X version and a Kadabra from this same game. Really, the odds...?

EDIT: First of all, I am still figuring out this new forums system, so I am not quoting traditionally your quote here, Cyberra. I did not want to post a new post just to reply, so I put your quote and my reply here.

Cybera's Quote:
Full 1/4096 odds. It happens but it's extremely rare. Congrats on getting into an exclusive club.

Magikarp is mocking me now. The shiny hatched at 339 eggs. Once again, it was female and HA. The non-shiny after it was female, too. I tried the salandit; it hatched shiny but male. Reset, rejected the first egg and took the second... Still shiny and still male. So I reset again and put in a HA dream ball lileep.

Lileep is male, careful nature and alert to sounds, 31/31/31/xx/31/31 which I believe is perfect, with the ability Storm Drain. In a dream ball.

I think that'll hold me for now. Going to go faint a sync and then go set up to hunt buzzwole. Once I get it then I'll do some more breeding.
END QUOTE

I am glad to be in this club you mentioned, but by the rhetorical question I asked about the odds (which I am fine you replied, seeing as I am glad to have some recognition on this shiny), I meant what are the odds of getting a full 1/4,096 odds shiny BEFORE I hatch an Adamant Abra :). Anyways, thanks again for the recognition in your post.

EDIT 2: ANOTHER SHINY HERE:

So, as I may have said on this thread, I have been SR'ing for a shiny Stakataka for a few months now (on and off, only a few hours a day at the very most). Here is what happened about 1-2 hours ago.
During that time earlier today, I was still SR'ing for the shiny Stakataka. I knew I had to prepare to leave the house for a little while, but until I had to get ready, I was just doing a few more SR's. But seriously less than five minutes before we left, the first Stakataka shined.
I threw one Beast Ball, which did not work. I then left the house for over an hour, and after getting lost, stuck at a single red light at an intersection multiple times, getting to the location, leaving about an hour later, and getting stuck on the road near some construction less than five minutes from my house, I finally got home.
I then resumed the battle, which was still on my N3DS, I kept throwing more Beast Balls (I think about eight more) until I caught the shiny. I then transferred it to my Ultra Sun version from my Ultra Moon. Here is some information about it: It is Mild, with an IV spread of... WOW! FIVE 31 IVs! It is SO useful, even though its Nature is +Attack and-Defense. Its spread is 31/31/31/31/31/x, with a "Decent" Speed IV. Given how low its speed IV is, this may actually be useful without the need for Bottle Caps.

This thing, especially with its FIVE 31 IVs, is worth the time it took to obtain it, both all this time SR'ing, and the time today it took to obtain it. Just...WOO.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So, I was on my X version, hatching some Abra eggs for Synchronizing future shinies from the Friend Safari. I am currently in the process of trying to hatch an Adamant one, but one just shined a few minutes ago. She is Relaxed, which means I hatched a shiny before an Adamant one. Seriously...?
She has 31 IVs in Attack. This Abra came from an English Ditto I caught in this very X version and a Kadabra from this same game. Really, the odds...?

Full 1/4096 odds. It happens but it's extremely rare. Congrats on getting into an exclusive club.

Magikarp is mocking me now. The shiny hatched at 339 eggs. Once again, it was female and HA. The non-shiny after it was female, too. I tried the salandit; it hatched shiny but male. Reset, rejected the first egg and took the second... Still shiny and still male. So I reset again and put in a HA dream ball lileep.

Lileep is male, careful nature and alert to sounds, 31/31/31/xx/31/31 which I believe is perfect, with the ability Storm Drain. In a dream ball.

I think that'll hold me for now. Going to go faint a sync and then go set up to hunt buzzwole. Once I get it then I'll do some more breeding.

Edit: Holy bleep shiny freaking buzzwole after 112 SRs! o.o That's faster than nihilego!

Slaggit, I am not having any luck with natures on shiny UBs. I was syncing for impish but he came out Quirky, likes to thrash about, with Beast Boost. Bugger fainted my smeargle and my magnezone, but thankfully magnezone gave me the time to revive smeargle so I could switch back in and use Spore. Even with the Roto Catch active buzzwole still took three beast balls to catch. I named him Hercules.

Now the only UBs I still need are the two biggest pains to find: kartana and guzzlord. When I try for them I'll take both syncs with me just in case, then take my chances in the wormhole and see which I find first. I have a feeling guzzlord is going to take longer to locate than to make shine.

For now, though, back to the ranch.

I may even try for legendaries in the red wormholes. I want the bird trio... I've never had the opportunity to catch them before. Have run into cresselia in the wormhole already but I wasn't set up for her so I SR'd and left the warphole (I was trying to find my way back to xurkitree at the time).

Last edited:

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
So yesterday while making an Ultra Wormhole run in UM, I made it to the 5K + lightyears traveled and found a Shiny Medicham! She's so pretty I love the blue colour! Also during my unloading of my failed attempt at the shiny breeding Magicrap egg hatching I get a Shiny lvl. 100 Kartana in a Love Ball! I felt bad for giving this guy my Magicrap now. I do hope that Kartana wasn't hacked...because I encountered a strange glitch in UM in the castle the recent trade partner was myself, the same character and everything.

Echo Nacyl

Finally, that took a lot of work.
After several days breeding a particular parent on Moon, I swapped the shiny non-HA Litten hatch on UM for a shiny Grubbin. Grubbin is female, in a Friend Ball, Quiet, with IVs of 31/0/31/31/29/0. Next, back to the Litten hunt.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
The trend continues... After 196 eggs, another shiny magikarp. This one was HA and male, so I switched in a Speed Boost dream ball carvanha I'd gotten in trade from another hunter here but never got around to breeding.

Sharptooth is male, Speed Boost, 6IV PERFECT, jolly nature and takes plenty of siestas. I'm very happy with him :D

Up next will be a shiny pikipek. I went out and caught one as a breeder; I just need to get the right nature and IVs on it so I can breed it shiny.