• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
No, SRing to get your repels back won't ruin your chances at all. I did this same method twice while hunting on my white 2 badge quest and I got my shinies eventually. Good luck!

I'm now at day 3 for Heatran and going strong! Can't wait till it appears. :] I'm also at almost 5k encounters at Abundant Shrine so hopefully Bronzong shines this time.. but if it doesn't, I'll just put it on hold and hunt for another shiny for the CH. I'm thinking Mareep but anyways gratz on any recent shinies especially that Venipede! Good luck everyone.

Thank You CoD, ill keep my hunt up aswell best of luck on your Heatran and Shrine hunts, im sure at least 1 of your hunts will shine VERY soon :)

...thanx again

edit: i think mine will be an extremely looooong hunt, especially since when Axew appears(even normal ones) they look as dark as the shiny ones do.

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats on shiny Totodile, Venipede and Beldum... All great shinies!

I'm about to reach 1,000 RE's for this hunt so I'm glad I'm making steady progress.

Best of luck everyone!

Scrufox86

Oh Wow! I have been REing on route 14 for a shiny Altaria mainly buy anything would've been fine... well anyway after 2904 RE's with shiny charm i find a shiny..... Drifblim! I see it is level 38 and wonder if it has explosion so to be sure i quickly checked and was glad to know it didn't. I captured it on the 2nd Luxury ball. I really like shiny Drifblim because it is similar to Seviper in that more than 2 colours change and i like that when effort is put into shinies. Also the change is a drastic one and not a rubbish only slight shade difference one.

I am wondering where to go now though. I think i may try virbank complex for Growlithe or Koffing. But maybe try SRing for shiny Latios as my first shiny Legendary. I am feeling left out as many people seem to have at least one shiny legendary (not including event ones that everyone has). Or maybe go to route 5/16 to RE as they have only gen V pokemon and i don't have any in shiny form.

Oh congratulations on all newly obtained shinies to everyone!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Today marks the 3rd birthday of my shiny Rayquaza. I might make a short vid of it flattening my rival in Black 2.

I looked at one of the shiny cards while checking through the new posts, I like the idea of Rapidash and Salamence being Twilight and Spike.

GottaEarnThemAll

Shiny/Trophy Hunter!
Hey guys.

Long time lurker first time poster, etc etc.

I won't post about anything recent as I've slowly been reading through all the posts in this thread and am currently on page 87.

I will however mention that I am going to try and participate in this months community hunt by breeding a ;238; as she was eligible for the past three community hunts and will (in my mind) make up for missing out on them.

Sadly I'll most likely be doing this in Platinum which means she probably won't come out great, but I've had amazing luck with it the past week. And by that I mean not one, not two, but three shinies in only a few days (and less than 100 eggs), including two in one day, one of which only took one egg!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I really need to catch Volcarona for egg hatching. Sometimes when I hatch eggs, I'm tempted to go into the shaking patches when they show. The problem is, I'm currently hatching Skarmory eggs on Black 2, and my lead is a Lv13 Magby.

EDIT: Hatched 25 eggs today. I'm curious, how do you hatch them? I hatch 5, release them straight away if they're not shiny, then get another 5, repeat...

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
Well, I hatched 4 eggs at the time so that I can get new egg if the man in daycare has one, and I will store the new eggs in one box. Once I have a whole box filled with pokemon but no shiny I will release one box at a time, so I can keep track of it.

Almost 2400 eggs and no shiny Trapinch yet with MM, I must have rotten luck this time xDD

JohnNiles

I really need to catch Volcarona for egg hatching. Sometimes when I hatch eggs, I'm tempted to go into the shaking patches when they show. The problem is, I'm currently hatching Skarmory eggs on Black 2, and my lead is a Lv13 Magby.

EDIT: Hatched 25 eggs today. I'm curious, how do you hatch them? I hatch 5, release them straight away if they're not shiny, then get another 5, repeat...

Someone explained that when you turn the game on, the first egg is basically the same every time, so I've taken to boxing a bunch at a time without turning the game off - 1 or 2 boxes if I can bear it. Whether I release them immediately or not depends on whether I am trying to get IVs for better parents or not.

ysmr97

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has a non-American Ditto for the Masuda method! PM me if you do!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I don't think turning the game off matters AT ALL.

^Normally I'd say search the GTS, but getting my Japanese Skarmory was a pain in the you-know-where. A Ditto is a good idea imo.

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Well I managed to convince my brother to lend me his 3ds so now I will be able to dual hunt. This also means I will be able to continue my Soul silver badge quest. I will be hunting Snivy via SR on White 2 while hunting Heracross/Spearow/Aipom via Headbutt on Soul silver. Hopefully one of them will shine soon.

This place seems to be booming with shines lately. Congrats to all of you and good luck to anyone still hunting!

Last edited:

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I looked at one of the shiny cards while checking through the new posts, I like the idea of Rapidash and Salamence being Twilight and Spike.
That's exactly how I named my shiny Rapidash and shiny Salamence.:p
----------
I think I'm going to SR Kyurem.^-^

ElectricBassClef

Congrats, all! (Too many to list.)

Accidentally encountered a shiny Clefairy in the Giant Chasm today; I was actually able to catch this one! I'm not gonna keep it, though: it's going to be used as a prize in an unofficial tournament an acquaintance, who I know from outside of Serebii, is running. Still, it's pretty good luck, and I'm pleased. Hopefully this success will rub off on my actual hunts!

Edit: I guess this counts towards the community hunt, doesn't it? Community hunt completed.

Last edited:

elorasheppard

Almost 2400 eggs and no shiny Trapinch yet with MM, I must have rotten luck this time xDD

I feel your pain, last night I went over 2000 eggs for my shiny squirtle :( Im beginning to wonder if this hunt is going to become like the 5000 egg tauros. Im also nearing 3000REs with the shiny charm on Route 15 so Im not having much luck at the moment.

Congrats on the Totodile, Venipede, Drifblim, Clefairy and Beldum and any others that I've missed. Good luck on your hunts everyone.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Last edited:

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
I feel your pain, last night I went over 2000 eggs for my shiny squirtle :( Im beginning to wonder if this hunt is going to become like the 5000 egg tauros. Im also nearing 3000REs with the shiny charm on Route 15 so Im not having much luck at the moment.

Congrats on the Totodile, Venipede, Drifblim, Clefairy and Beldum and any others that I've missed. Good luck on your hunts everyone.

Oh gosh 5000 eggs sounds like a pain man. Good luck with your Squirtle hunt ! How about we call it a little race to see who gets their shiny first ah ~? u v u

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Dang, now I wish I had the Oval Charm, Lapras eggs are infuriating to hatch. I'm going back to Skarmory for a while.

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
ha, my luck might be rotten with the Trapinch, but I certainly have a good start with my Soul Silver badge quest !

After painstaking 4377 Sring my shiny totodile has appeared http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k623/acornjelly/20130211_172713_zpse5fa494e.jpg

I can finally move on with my life lol

Hardy nature and somewhat stubborn, I'm going to name him Jacques u v u

Edit: guys one question, can the Eevee you get in Goldenrod city be shiny?

Last edited: