• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Blackkyurem

Well, well, well.
I found this account, it's 6 years old now. Crazy to think that everything is still here like nothing happened (except I remember when the New and Improved Shiny Thread was created :p). Simpler times, y'know. Growing up sucks. Anyways, I've recently gotten this huge urge to boot up Pokemon, and I'm having a great time. Picked up some used copies of Sun and Moon from the store, probably going to be picking up Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon fairly soon. I specifically remember back in the day trying to Shiny hunt (to no avail, I must've tried a Soulsilver BQ at least 20 times).

Anyways, enough of the sappy story of "Hi, I'm back despite being gone for years so nobody remembers me" and stuff, of course I'm posting on the Shiny thread for a reason. Today I booted up Pokemon X, the last Pokemon game I beat and really got invested into. Other than taking a trip down memory lane with my 90+ team on there, I also decided I wanted to go Shiny hunting. After 428 Friend Safari Encounters, a little Pancham shined for me.
I was ecstatic, this was my first shiny in years. and it felt so good, so I decided to see if I remembered my password for the account and jump on the Shiny thread. Crazy to see over 30,000 posts now. I might post a picture later, I'm not concerned with IVs or anything, just catching them to catch them. :D

Well, I'm sure you'll see me around here or somewhere on the forums, I don't know how active I'll be. Congrats to the literal thousands of shinies caught since my last post, and good luck to everyone still hunting! It's lovely to meet you all!

After taking a break fromshiny hunting (and pokemon games in general) for a while, I continued my shiny Ho-oh hunt today and it finally shone. Now I've got all gen 2 legendaries shiny except for Celebi.

Trying to get to Articuno or Moltres' spawn now but having noluck yet. I caught a shiny Sigilyph, shiny Yanmega, my 2nd shiny Swanna and my 4th shiny Altaria in the process today though.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Shiny Eevee via SOS. I named him Ghost and was going to keep it as an Eevee since it's my first one by SOS, but it ended up Timid. I might rename it and evolve it into Jolteon. Going to keep SOSing for a while. It's nice to have a break from all the fulls odds hunts I've been doing lately.

Shiny Grubbin #3 via SOS. I completed the family line.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

So this happened earlier. Completely random while looking for a normal Ditto lol
20180813_233530.jpg

As it turns out, Beast Ball Ditto doesn't pass its Ball down to offspring, but fortunately found a way involving an Alolan father in a Beast Ball, so hatching Kantonian Meowth in Beast Balls now. Still got something nice out of the trip though :)

EDIT: Well that didn't take long. 61 eggs and I get my first Meowth.
20180814_121241.jpg
20180814_122516.jpg

5IV missing Attack, so will remain a Meowth unless the second one has a worse Attack IV.

EDIT2: Second Meowth after 187 eggs! 5IV missing Sp. Attack, so this one is destined to be the Persian! This one got Pickup though, which can be easily rectified.
20180814_173850.jpg

EDIT3: Shiny Psyduck #1 after a 2-day long 893 SOS calls. Thank god that's over, until I do the same thing again lol
20180815_225801.jpg

EDIT4: Shiny Mankey #1 after 266 SOS calls! Sync failed and is Rash. Still, another chance to get Adamant with the second one!
20180816_232744.jpg

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I made progress in putting together my shiny Rocketdex (shiny forms of all of Jessie and James's pokemon) this week. I did an SOS hunt on and off in UltraSun for the last few weeks when I wanted to kill a few hours, and the other day I found a shiny Inkay in the area by the Battle Tree. :) I'll try again later for a shiny lickitung.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny onix after 973 eggs. That took a while...

Male rock snake, everstoned Adamant, likes to thrash about, with Sturdy. 5IVs missing SpDEF. Named Pyrite (fool's gold). He hatched in a heavy ball.

Gonna hit the wormholes again now... Looking for zapdos in the red and mewtwo/xerneas in the green.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've succeeded SRing a green Latios. Next up is Dialga

Addendum: Massive annoyance. I almost immediately got a shiny Dialga, but it knocked me out! Oh well, I guess I should probably use my Master Ball on Blacephalon, its not like the remaining legendaries aren't Pokemon I got shiny via trade or event before...except Regice, but it's garbage shiny

Last edited:

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
A couple of days ago I was leveling cosmog up in the ultra wormhole as cosmoem was the last pokemon I needed to get shiny charm and had an extreme bout of luck, I ended up finding 3 shinies in 4 encounters, they were Abomasnow, Stunfisk & Crustle. How I wish I could've gotten that on film.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ended up getting a shiny Crustle throught he wormhole

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny zapdos after 2,168 SRs! That didn't take all that long :D I actually found him on my second run... First run I crashed into another wormhole and found a regular abomasnow, second run I found a legendary red and zapdos was inside. TRIO COMPLETE!

Sync worked and he is timid, 31/xx/31/31/31/xx, somewhat vain and has Pressure. Caught in my third-to-last luxury ball.

Going back into the wormhole after xerneas. Or mewtwo. Whichever I find first.

Edit: Ran into a shiny swanna on my third wormhole run. Male, timid, somewhat vain, with Big Pecks. If it had been a female I would have named it Odette. Kudos to anyone who gets that reference.

Last edited:

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Just got shiny stunfisk no. 2 while training up my shedinja.

Had some trouble even finding a legendary in red wormholes on Ultra Sun. Ended up finding Tornadus instead about 5 days ago and decided to try for a shiny one. Just caught a shiny Tornadus a few minutes ago and managed to find Articuno, so I'm trying for this one now and hopefully Moltres after it.

Congrats to everyone with their shinies~

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I lucked out during this month's community day. Got 3 shiny Eevees, evolved one into a Vaporeon and the other evolved into a Jolteon. Making the third one into a shiny Umbreon.

Also finally ran into a shiny Ditto after 3/4 year hunt in Pokemon X. Named it Blueberry. Also caught a shiny Ponyta and a shiny Charmeleon.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Going after Groudon instead. It'll make getting shiny Dialga much easier. Will also get my Lv 100 shiny Zygarde to serve as a buffer. Ultra Wormholes got me a shiny Sigilyph

Phillies

I just caught a shiny Mewtwo in HeartGold. I don't know how many SRs but it took less time then Thunderus which I am still hunting in Ultra Moon with the shiny charm. I am now going to start hunting Articuno in HG and also SR for a 2nd shiny Wimpod in Moon.

Just caught shiny Articuno I was SR'ing for in US, which only took 4 days (I never count my SR's). Only Moltres left till I have the entire trio shiny, so I'll try to find that one's spawn in the ultra wormhole.

Shiny Articuno kinda reminds me of its sprite in Red/Blue.

EDIT: Well I ended up finding Cresselia in the red wormhole. Might as well go for this one to get it out of the way since I'm planning to get all the ones from this wormhole color first. Plus Moltres and Cresselia are the only ones from it that I still need that don't require certain legendaries in your party.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
FINALLY, after I don't know how many months of horde spamming on AlphaSapphire, I finally got the 5% shroomish (the only reason I toughed it out instead of using DexNav is I'm also hoping for a double shiny). I'm glad to finally leave Petalburg Woods, and now I'm horde spamming in the mountains by Lavaridge for a spoink. I got a shiny machop (my 3rd) on my first try, but I'll keep trying. At least there's only two possible shinies on this route, so it'll be a shorter stay.