• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
FOURTH shiny manectric from the friend safari. This one is female, gentle nature, mischievous, and has Static

I'm getting really sick of finding shiny manectric. Unfortunately, I only have two dedenne safaris and both have manectric in them, so there's no escape from the stupid thing

Edit: FINALLY got my shiny dedenne. Stubborn thing... Male, mild nature, capable of taking hits, Cheek Pouch. I am OUT of that safari now. No more shiny manectric!

Edit #2: Shiny volbeat. Male obviously, bashful, alert to sounds, with Illuminate

Last edited:
Pretty random but I got pokemon let's go pikachu today and found a random shiny Pidgey.

Gonna keep it as a Pidgey just in case there will be connectivity between this game and gen 8 since I already have a shiny Pidgeot in the main games.

The Giratina hunt I'm on is still ongoing, although sorta on hold while I'm trying out this new game.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
dcs6mbx-973c5b39-ac9f-43b2-a375-dbca0fc362d2.jpg

Well caught this little guy in the area near Diglett's Cave on route 2. He's serious natured and he broke my pidgey catch combo of 120....

Krokodyl

Hello everyone! Congrats on all the new shinies!

I've been working on a starter Litten SR in US but haven't had any luck yet. I know I could just MM one, but I wanted to practice a longer SR hunt to prove to myself I had the patience. At the same time, I figured I shouldn't start with one of the most annoying ones right off the bat (looking at you, XY starters and ORAS Lati@s...) Unfortunately, the patience test has been working out better than expected- I've been hunting for it for about a year now. :(

In more positive news, I recently decided to play in my AS file again, and I ran into a random DexNav Wingull! Haven't looked at him yet (and I was about to start hunting Chatot/Shellos on Route 103) but a shiny's still a shiny!

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny ledyba from the friend safari, found while waiting out load screens in Borderlands. Female, hasty nature, with Swarm. I want one more, one to evolve and one to keep as a ledyba.

Pikachu/pichu is at 1,058 eggs and counting

TheMaster327

So, after 4 days of SOS, Lickitung finally decided to shine after 453 SOS calls! Modest nature, Oblivious, 4IV missing Sp. Atk and Defense.
20181118_155240.jpg

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So, I got my first shiny in Go (started the game in late October this year).

It was a shiny Eevee and I think I caught it first Pokeball.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Hunted and successfully caught a Shiny Ponyta AND just revently a Shiny Seel in Let's Go Eevee.

New shiny method is a hit and miss for me. It's an awesome idea having the Pokemon in the overworld actually have their shiny colors and sparkle, and I always have loved chaining methods.

BUT, it also uses the most frustrating mechanic added into the games, which is the new catching mechanic obviously. Just not fun to have chains broken by means you have no control of.(Wild encounters fleeing)

I feel like if they reintroduce this in the Gen 8 games it'd easily be my favorite method ever.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got my second shiny ledyba, this one male and naive nature, with its HA, Rattled. It'll be the ledian. The first one will stay a ledyba.

Pichu is at 1,360 eggs and counting

Echo Nacyl

After something like 2 days I finally got a shiny Magmar in Let's Go. Tried to SOS a Lickitung in Ultra Moon but got way too annoyed and gave up -.-

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Hunted and successfully caught a Shiny Ponyta AND just revently a Shiny Seel in Let's Go Eevee.

New shiny method is a hit and miss for me. It's an awesome idea having the Pokemon in the overworld actually have their shiny colors and sparkle, and I always have loved chaining methods.

BUT, it also uses the most frustrating mechanic added into the games, which is the new catching mechanic obviously. Just not fun to have chains broken by means you have no control of.(Wild encounters fleeing)

I feel like if they reintroduce this in the Gen 8 games it'd easily be my favorite method ever.

Definitely agree about the wild pokemon fleeing, but here's a tip for ya: If your first pokeball(or great or ultra) doesn't work and you're worried about fleeing pokemon, when the first ball fails, tap B and run away from the battle yourself. Your combo stays intact and you can just try to get to 31 combo on first throws only, it's expensive if you find a target that takes a few tries to get just 1 in the ball, but you should eliminate the risk of the Pokemon fleeing as it takes longer to flee than it does for you to press b after you miss the first throw.

i hope that the above is useful advice for you or anyone else wanting to avoid the fleeing Pokemon breaking their combo :)

I'm up to 2 shinies in Let's Go Pikachu so far, Shiny Psyduck(now Golduck) & Shiny Jigglypuff. Currently sat on a 31 combo of Nidoran(Female) hoping for a Shiny Nidoran(Female) to appear, but will gladly take it's Male counterpart too. :)

good luck with your hunts everyone :)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Went into a Psychic friend safari on X hoping for Duosion or Munna but...

Sigilyph was the one that shined. *sigh*

At least it was one from wormholes that I did not already have, so I'll take it. Named him Cherokee.

Moving on to another hunt there, now in a Ghost safari with Golurk, Shuppet, and Phantump. Will gladly take any of them.

Still going for Nihilego on Ultra Moon.

Started a SBQ on Let's Go Pikachu and am sitting at a 31 combo for Oddish. Hoping just about anything shines soon.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Tried shiny hunting in LGE today. Found shiny Ekans, Bellsprout, and just now a Pikachu. The fact that your combo continues if your shiny is the pokemon you're comboing is crazy. My chain for Pikachu is still going. I'm going to keep going until I find another shiny.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Got my Shiny Oddish a few hours or so after my previous post.

Beat Brock to earn badge #1 in my SBQ.

Moved on to hunt Sandshrew in the very next route and not even 5 minutes after reaching my 31 chain, Shiny Sandshrew appeared!

Working on the nugget bridge and then going to challenge Misty. Next hunt will be Drowzee. Not sure what I have planned for any other hunt afterwards. Definitely thinking about going for Slowpoke, Shellder. or Lapras at some point though.

EDIT: Wow, no new posts yet?

Got my Drowzee and named her Bubblegum and beat Lt. Surge. Went on to hunt for a Machop, buuuuut...

Got a Geodude instead. Named him Rocky Road. On to Celadon gym now. Not sure what to hunt after that.

Last edited:

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the shinies since my last post!

I finally came back with some shiny news. While playing Let's Go Eevee over the week, I managed to find three shinies.
The first was while I was working on evolving some pokemon for the Dex, with a Pidgey chain in Viridian Forest. I didn't notice it right away, due to being surrounded by blue and red aura pokemon and the fact that there are sparkles all over Viridian Forest anyway, but I noticed large sparkles and started following them with my eyes until I saw a Pidgey that looked different from the rest.
3DDttYR.jpg
I love how vibrant the shinies are again, just like in Gen 4/5.
ps5VO4i.jpg
IrJzeiU.jpg
MDt45s6.jpg
cBzgrhf.jpg
The second was while I was in Rock Tunnel looking for a Kangaskhan. It took a while to find a Kangaskhan but,
eventually I did find one, then another, then another, then... BOOM shiny!
2K8ANcJ.jpg
j4X2UHB.jpg
UOi8omc.jpg
oyAGq1a.jpg
Finally, on Thanksgiving, While on the way to my familiy's place (I wasn't driving) I was looking for a Pinsir who was being very stubborn. So was I though because I didn't want to send either of my shiny Pinsirs from Pokemon GO over to Let's GO Eevee. Eventually another Pidgey popped out of the grass sparkling.
aob05c2.jpg
vFB4uot.jpg
GXVvjAc.jpg
67PMN2k.jpg

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
That chain of Pikachu I was working on resulted in 3 shiny Pikachu from the same chain! One of them is now a Raichu. I ended up breaking the chain to experiment with Go Park when I got tired of waiting for something else to show up.

Currently on a long chain for Charmander on Route 3. I'm ready to go beat Giovanni for the last time and take on the Pokémon League, though. I might just move on without catching anything until I can get back to route 3 to continue this hunt for shiny Charmander.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on Koffing TheMaster 27th and the Pika trio Team Volt Grunt.

I caught a pair of new shinies again while trying for good IV mons to face the Master Trainers (I want to battle them in Dex order). The first was Bulbasaur after getting a few near flawless Bulbasaur.
2ud1wM6r.jpg
CKBgIjhr.jpg
Rvqieh3r.jpg
2gzv1B2.jpg
The second was late last night while I was in bed half asleep. I was working on getting a Charmander chain going and was only at around 4-6 Charmander when I started dozing off. When I opened my eyes, there was a golden Spearow flying around. Afterwards there was a guest appearance of Articuno while taking screenshots.
4lgi81M.jpg
21mFWk6.jpg
nB8rkxw.jpg
ahEtUPX.jpg
UKRJ9BP.jpg
I started another Charmander chain this morning in hopes of getting a good IV one and if lucky enough, a shiny one.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Decided to go for Gastly for my 5th shiny in my badge quest. Got it early this morning and to make things even better-- it's a Timid nature with 4IVs in SpAtk, Speed, SpDef, and Attack!

Evolved it up to Gengar already. Working on leveling up a bit before challenging Koga. Probably going to go for Lapras for my 6th member, more than likely going to get Tentacool or Magikarp though...

As for my 7th member, I'll be going for Magmar. Not sure what my 8th member will be. I'm thinking either Scyther, Electabuzz, or Tauros. Want these last hunts to be rare ones!

Giratina finally shone. One of my longer SR shiny hunts, but it was interrupted for a while because of me playing pokemon let's go.

That wrapped up shiny legendaries in Yellow wormholes in Ultra Sun for me. The Green ones are the only ones left. I still need almost all of those ones save for Virizion. I already have a shiny Dialga and Mewtwo as well but since those aren't ones I caught nor are they events I'll try for them as well since I can't be sure the ones I got are actually legit.

Started going through Green wormholes and ended up finding Reshiram, so that'll be my target now.

Congrats to everyone with their shinies and good luck to everyone hunting~