1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Nice shinies guys!

Got a shiny Beldum on Community day. It's now a shiny Metang. Still working on soft resetting for a shiny Cyndaquil in Pokemon Silver and hunting for a shiny Koffing in Pokemon Crystal. Gyarados is giving me a hard time in Pokemon X. It's one stubborn Pokemon to get to shine. Not giving up though.

2. TheEmeraldKnight

TheEmeraldKnight Lookin' for Shinies

I've been shiny hunting on my VC Crystal version lately. Right now I'm trying to get a Sandshrew.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Second bomb ball after 398 eggs! 5IV Modest, missing Sp. Atk (but a better IV than the first). Is now Electrode.
    [​IMG]

Transferred this guy from Gold tonight as well so only need the one from SOS.
    [​IMG]

Team Volt Grunt likes this.
  4. Phillies

Phillies Well-Known Member

I started the week hunting for a male and female shiny Finneon. I got the male really easy but the female is proving to be difficult. After getting the male I decided to try my luck without using the cute charm. That resulted in another male. I went to Pokebank and got my cute charm Sylveon which so far has resulted in 6 more shiny males. Hopefully the 9th time is the charm as I would like to get back to breeding for a shiny Fennekin.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. Landorus finally shone two days ago. Was a fairly long SR hunt.
    With that I've now got 2/3rd of the Kami trio shiny (last one is Thundurus but I'll need to complete Ultra Moon first) and finished the red wormholes in Ultra Sun.

I geared up in preparation to try for Giratina. Got a high levelled Araquanid that has soak to get rid of that pesky ghost type and Palkia and Dialga in my team but ended up finding the other Yellow wormhole shiny I still need, Heatran.

I guess soak will also help with Heatran's steel type to make false swipe more effective. Hoping it will shine soon~

Congrats to everyone with their new shinies and good luck to anyone hunting~

6. TheMaster327

So I got the second Exeggcute last night after 565 SOS calls. 4IV Modest and got Harvest as well! Currently at 435 calls for Cubone.
    [​IMG]

7. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Been a while.

Got shiny Dratini a couple days ago. Named her Twinkie and she has a Jolly nature, which is extremely nice for a competitive Dragonite.

But since I really don't care about wi-fi competitions or battling, I'm just keeping her as a Dratini.

Going for Buneary now, hoping the hunt is short, but it's not looking that way right now.

8. TheMaster327

Boy, this took a while... First Cubone finally showed up after a huge 1,335 SOS calls! Sync failed and ended up Jolly, which is still not too bad. 4IV missing Sp. Atk and Speed.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Second one showed up a bit quicker, at 355 calls. Adamant sync worked, but a terrible Attack IV, so evolving the Jolly one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Team Volt Grunt likes this.
  9. Heatran shone just a few minutes ago. Caught it with the 2nd repeat ball. Overall it was a pretty fast hunt~

Next target's Giratina, which will finish Yellow wormholes in Ultra Sun for me. Only the Green ones left then.

10. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

*sigh* Third shiny manectric from my friend safari hunt in Y. This one is Bashful, with Minus. I'm trying to find dedenne, slaggit >.<

Still no shiny pikachu in Ultra Sun yet.

11. TheMaster327

First shiny Tyrogue (for Hitmonlee) after 316 eggs! Adamant, unfortunately didn't get the HA. 5IV missing HP, which is still a Fantastic.
    [​IMG]

12. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Just got my Shiny Buneary.

Impish, nicknamed her Bon Bon.

Now I'm going for Nihilego... Soft resets be damned.

13. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I've gotten my shiny swole boi Buzzwole. Now I only have one more Ultra Space UB to get in Ultra Sun, that being Nihilego

14. TheMaster327

Got the second Tyrogue for Hitmonchan after 198 eggs. Hatched Careful, so should be easier to get a Hitmonchan out of it. If only its Defense IV was better...
    [​IMG]

15. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

FOURTH shiny manectric from the friend safari. This one is female, gentle nature, mischievous, and has Static

I'm getting really sick of finding shiny manectric. Unfortunately, I only have two dedenne safaris and both have manectric in them, so there's no escape from the stupid thing

Edit: FINALLY got my shiny dedenne. Stubborn thing... Male, mild nature, capable of taking hits, Cheek Pouch. I am OUT of that safari now. No more shiny manectric!

Edit #2: Shiny volbeat. Male obviously, bashful, alert to sounds, with Illuminate

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  16. Pretty random but I got pokemon let's go pikachu today and found a random shiny Pidgey.

Gonna keep it as a Pidgey just in case there will be connectivity between this game and gen 8 since I already have a shiny Pidgeot in the main games.

The Giratina hunt I'm on is still ongoing, although sorta on hold while I'm trying out this new game.

17. Manakete-Girl

Manakete-Girl 'Cause Dragon Types

[​IMG]

Well caught this little guy in the area near Diglett's Cave on route 2. He's serious natured and he broke my pidgey catch combo of 120....

18. Krokodyl

Krokodyl Member

Hello everyone! Congrats on all the new shinies!

I've been working on a starter Litten SR in US but haven't had any luck yet. I know I could just MM one, but I wanted to practice a longer SR hunt to prove to myself I had the patience. At the same time, I figured I shouldn't start with one of the most annoying ones right off the bat (looking at you, XY starters and ORAS Lati@s...) Unfortunately, the patience test has been working out better than expected- I've been hunting for it for about a year now. :(

In more positive news, I recently decided to play in my AS file again, and I ran into a random DexNav Wingull! Haven't looked at him yet (and I was about to start hunting Chatot/Shellos on Route 103) but a shiny's still a shiny!

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

19. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny ledyba from the friend safari, found while waiting out load screens in Borderlands. Female, hasty nature, with Swarm. I want one more, one to evolve and one to keep as a ledyba.

Pikachu/pichu is at 1,058 eggs and counting

20. TheMaster327

So, after 4 days of SOS, Lickitung finally decided to shine after 453 SOS calls! Modest nature, Oblivious, 4IV missing Sp. Atk and Defense.
    [​IMG]