1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Erron Black

Erron Black The Pretender

Beat my SBQ!

Got the Shiny charm on Eevee and I'm hunting Ekans now. Hoping it shines soon!

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I was friend safari hunting during loading screens while playing Monster Hunter: World today, and I found a shiny sableye. Female, calm nature, somewhat vain, with Stall. She did not want to get caught, though... Kept breaking out of luxury balls. I finally got her to stay in a dusk ball.

3. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Shinies in Let's Go are actually kind of hard to keep up with.

I finally got my shiny Vulpix, maxed its AVs with Vulpix Candy, beat the Vulpix master, evolved to shiny Ninetales, and beat the Ninetales master.
    finally ended my Vulpix combo by catching a shiny Chansey
    I'm now on a combo for Bulbasuar. before I even got to 10, I found a shiny Weedle and caught it since the combo was so low
    then I worked on getting my Bulbasuar combo really going. I have since caught one shiny Bulbasaur of my desired 3, and run away from the following shinies:

Weedle #2
    Pidgey
    Weedle #3
    Pidgey #2
    Weedle #4
    Kakuna
    Bellsprout

Shiny Bulbasaur #2 is Modest with perfect Special Attack, Special Defense, Attack, and Defense. Continuing for the third and moving on to Charmander. Since I already have a good special attacker, I'm planning on going for Adamant or Jolly to make a Mega X-focused Charizard.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:45 PM
  4. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Managed to obtain a shiny Nihilego. Now I'm finally off to get the shiny Blacephalon. Have Catch boosters and Damp Quagsire with Focus Sash on the ready

5. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Was friend safari hunting again, this time in a fighting safari, and caught two of the three 'mons available. First was a female pancham, sassy nature with Mold Breaker, and the second was a male mienfoo, hardy with Inner Focus. I'm hoping the next shiny will be the hariyama I went in after, but knowing my luck there will be many duplicates first.

6. Erron Black

Wow the Shiny Charm really makes a difference.

Found 5 shinies today.

2 Spearow, caught both of them. Named one Sparrow and the other Fearless.

2 Rattata, caught one and ran away from the other.(Already have Raticate) Named it Hanta.

Then finally, caught my target, Ekans. Named him Trowzer.

Gonna go for Diglett now.

7. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Two more non-target shinies from the friend safari. I'd moved to my other hariyama safari in hopes of avoiding duplicates, but instead I caught a shiny mankey (male, quirky nature, Defiant) and throh (male, adamant nature, Inner Focus). Still no hariyama. Sigh...

Bagon is at 488 eggs and counting

8. Erron Black

Got a Chansey when going for Diglett.

Decided to get Lickitung after that and got it REALLY quickly. Just about 30mins after getting a 31 chain.

Nicknamed him Lemonhead.

Gonna go for Psyduck next.

9. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I'd decided to switch things up and try horde hunting for makuhita in Omega Ruby. I'd expected to get at least one zubat in trying. Instead, I got the shiny makuhita. Male, docile nature, scatters things often, with Guts. Gonna send it and my shinies from Y ahead to US and resume hatching bagon.