• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
I would be delighted to post my new shinies here. Problem is there's been twenty since my last post(and two fails), and I'd not want to pic spam. I also wanted to take the opportunity to say that it sucks that the community spirit and pure excitement for and happiness for any shiny, regardless of IV's and nature, that was here before I left for my hiatus seems to have gone :/ Purely my opinion however.

I've been hunting on Route 7 for a week and I haven't found anything yet. I completely lost count a while ago because it was getting difficult keeping track of the sky Pokemon(Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if something shone in the sky and I missed it entirely). But I'm not giving up on Vulpix. I'll still hunt for it, even if it is taking forever.

When I get tired of Vulpix, I switch over to Platinum to soft reset for a shiny Chimchar. I'm at 415 SR's so far. I tried this hunt a while back, but gave up after around 2000 resets. This time I will see this hunt through until the end!

Happy hunting!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I FINALLY got the shiny chansey I was REing in Y's friend safari for. Female, careful nature, with Serene Grace and holding a lucky punch. She's already been moved to US for the purpose of completing my dex.

Did some horde hunting in Reflection Cave and got a mime jr, though I neglected to look at its nature or stats. Right now I'm in a dragon safari capturing fraxures, because I want a main for SOS chaining that can go through Sturdy and use False Swipe. Mold Breaker haxorus fits that bill.

2,315 SRs and counting for Type: Null in Ultra Moon

Edit: Shiny Type: Null after 2,544 SRs! That wasn't too bad :D

Sync worked and Valor is Jolly nature, likes to thrash about (max ATK, woo!), with Battle Armor.

Now to switch up my synchronizers and go into start searching for the first stakataka (and yes, I do plan to hunt BOTH)

Last edited:

Ammako

I would be delighted to post my new shinies here. Problem is there's been twenty since my last post(and two fails), and I'd not want to pic spam. I also wanted to take the opportunity to say that it sucks that the community spirit and pure excitement for and happiness for any shiny, regardless of IV's and nature, that was here before I left for my hiatus seems to have gone :/ Purely my opinion however.
I don't think pic spam is necessarily bad, you can put them all in one spoiler tag if needed so the post isn't too long for people to scroll through, and if people want to see it they can click on it. Though it's true that most of the people who actually cared left a long time ago and that's a shame.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got a shiny noibat in the friend safari. It's male, careful nature, mischievous, and has Frisk. Not what I was looking for, though, so the hunt continues.

205 resets for stakataka #1 and counting

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
After 10,628 SR's, shiny Lugia is finally mine!

I probably won't hunt on UM again for a while. Got too many other unfinished hunts.

CapybaraMage

Novice Shiny Hunter
It’s been quite a while since my last visit to the forums, and that’s because I took a long break mid-hunt. But I picked it up again not long ago and I’m now the happy and proud owner of a shiny Latias! She shone so fast I was in disbelief. And my Timid sync worked! I just so happened to be listening to one of my favorite songs (Yes - Roundabout) when she appeared and I swear it gave me so much good luck. She’s tucked safely inside of a Luxury Ball.

After that I SOS chained for a shiny Pichu which appeared after 479 calls. Timid sync failed, but it ended up Bashful which at least isn’t that bad. And my Level Ball worked so that was definitely nice. It’s now an adorable Alolan Raichu.

Then while training on Poni Island I found two random encounter Shinies! Raticate and Scyther. Then I found a Chansey while chaining for exp.

Also, I’m participating in the upcoming Simple Symphony competition and when I was planning my team I knew I wanted to try for a couple Shinies. I used Masuda Method for a hidden ability Totodile in a Lure Ball. I actually got two Totodile, the first around 600 eggs, but it had Torrent so I kept going. Then a Sheer Force one hatched only about 100 eggs later! Next I tried out the Egg Swap method for the first time. I’m not too sure if I like this method or not yet, but it was a success and I got a shiny Eevee in a Moon Ball that’s now an Umbreon. Since I knew what egg it was going to be, I took the opportunity to hatch him at the Altar of the Moone :p

I think that’s all the recent ones I found in UM. Although I did also get a PGL Shiny Tapu Lele in a trade which I’m super happy about. I tried out hunting in Let’s Go Eevee, too. I had a Catch Combo built up on Rhyhorn in Rock Tunnel. It took about a day, and it fortunately was a Rhyhorn that shone. He was tiny, and I managed to catch him in a Premier Ball. He’s evolved now, and it’s so fun to ride around on him. I also bought the Crystal virtual console with the intent of hunting for a Shiny Celebi. I did hatch a Shiny Magby from the Odd Egg. I’m excited to try breeding as well.

But right now I’m hunting on Y in a Friend Safari for the first time. A Psychic one, with Espurr and Munna. I really like both of their Shinies so I’d be happy with either one.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got another shiny noibat in the friend safari. Another male, adamant and alert to sounds, with Infiltrator. I'll be wonder trading it once I get it back to US.

632 SRs for stakataka #1 and counting.

Last edited:
I finally got my shiny Vulpix. I spent hours every day going in and out of Route 7. When I suddenly saw two Vulpix spawn beside each other. I could only see the tails for both, but I noticed one seemed duller. Then the sparkles finally showed up and I knew my drought came to an end. I can't wait to evolve her into a Ninetails!

So, now that that's finally done I'm going to focus more on my Platinum hunt. I'm pretty drained with hunting in Let's Go! and I kind of missed hunting in Gen 4. I've always wanted to do a Platinum badge quest because there's so many amazing hunts in Platinum. I'm at 600 SR's for Chimchar. The resets take some time, but it's pretty mindless (Except having to pick Chimchar's Pokeball) so I can SR while working on something else.

Happy hunting!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Who's been fortunate enough to pull a Chuggaaconroy? That being, getting a random shiny of the Pokemon they wanted in their main playthrough

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I'm in complete shock. I just got a RANDOM SHINY REGISTEEL! All I was doing was grinding up something in Ultra Moon when I stumbled across Registeel in the Ultra Wormhole. I was like, "Eh sure, I'll KO it. Maybe I'll get lucky?" And I did. I'm just at a loss for words. Never in a million years did I think that this would happen.

This also comes a day after I got not one, but TWO 1/4096 Shiny Pelipper on the same Route in a Moon Nuzlocke in one day.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Shinies I've gotten lately:

(November 2018) Got a shiny Clefairy in Pokemon Quest!

(December 2018)
I caught a shiny Charmander and a shiny Dratini in Pokemon Go and I just got a shiny Slowpoke in Pokemon Quest.
Just got a shiny Machop in Pokemon Quest.

(January 2019)
Found two shinies today! A shiny Zubat in Pokemon Quest and a Pidgey in Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. A completely random encounter.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny druddigon from the friend safari in Y. Rash nature, with Mold Breaker. I think that's a decent nature?

Still hunting for fraxure, though.

1,875 SRs for stakataka #1 and counting.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Well, this happened. I’ve been trying to level up my Pokemon so I can take on Sabrina and I ended up finding this thing in betweem Celadon City and that route where the cycling path used to be. Day has been made, though I can’t stop shaking now.

This sort of thing never happens to me.

LnOMCod.jpg

H8eJPDl.jpg

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the recent shinies!

So my dad got me Pearl version for Christmas (now I have all of the Gen 4 games, yus!) and I have been, slowly due to working 10h/6 days every week, making my way through Sinnoh again. I just reached Iron Island and was/am training my team for the battle with Byron when this appeared...
QZL7IZt.jpg
Unfortunately... It exploded after I got it Isolated. I knew it was probably going to happen and I'm actually not upset about it (disappointed but not heartbroken) since I already have a shiny Graveler from my Soul Silver Badge Quest. Maybe I'll find another shiny later in the game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Guys, I am a tad creeped out at Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.
Once again, I try to hunt for the Thick Club for Cubone and instead get a Shiny Gastly. This time, it's on my Fire Red instead of Leaf Green.

Spooky.

Edit: It's Bashful with a stat spread of (approx.) 6/22/1/24/27/16. It's not terrible.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Guys, I am a tad creeped out at Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.
Once again, I try to hunt for the Thick Club for Cubone and instead get a Shiny Gastly. This time, it's on my Fire Red instead of Leaf Green.

Spooky.

Edit: It's Bashful with a stat spread of (approx.) 6/22/1/24/27/16. It's not terrible.
Congrats! It's really nice to see 1/8192 shinies still here :) I'm hunting Bulbasaur on the LG I got from my cousin for Christmas. Just past a month's hunting it and I'm on 15140 srs atm. It'll be my first 2019 shiny, my 80th shiny and is the last one I need for my shiny Kanto starter trio :D Charmander shone at 15763 srs back in 2013 so looks like Bulba will pass that haha.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny stakataka #1 after 2,771 SRs! :D Golden bricks get!

It appeared as I was driving back from the hospital with dad (he's apparently allergic to driving himself to his own appointments, so he drags me along and makes me sit in a random lot somewhere with the car waiting for him to call me for pickup so he won't have to walk a few extra feet or pay to get out of the parking lots), and holy heck is it tanky. False Swipe was barely making a dent so I had to stack three Roto Boosts and use Air Slash to whittle it down so I could catch it. It kept using Iron Head on my smeargle, but thankfully the stacked boosts reduced the damage it did. And it would not stay asleep. But I did get it in the first beast ball I threw.

I was syncing for lonely, but sync failed and it turned out serious. I think I can work with that, since it doesn't lower anything. It's mischievous, with Beast Boost.

I've already been into the wormholes; I found both pheromosa and celesteela and fainted them so I wouldn't have to deal with the cutscenes once I actually start hunting them. I may go for pheromosa first, then come back for the second stakataka.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I just hatched egg #1530 for Dratini with Masuda Method and Shiny Charm and still no shiny in sight yet. Beginning to lose hope lol. I’m new to shiny hunting through breeding, this being only my third one. Previous egg shinies were a Deino at 34 eggs, a Hoothoot at 413 eggs, and then one time I got a shiny Dunsparce from an egg I wasn’t even wanting to be shiny lol.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just got a shiny Gastly in Pokemon Let's Go. My first chained shiny in Let's Go. So happy! :) It took 141 encounters.

Last edited: