1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Congrats on the recent shinies!

Sunday I was dual hunting Johto Starters in SS while watching for shiny Rattata to appear in Let's Go. Got my two Rattata I needed for the living shiny dex and got shiny Totodile!! I finally completed the trio after about 1 1/2 years and finding 3 Chikorita and 2 Cyndaquil before.

Totodile ended up with a Naive nature, which I'm very happy with. I played through HG with the shiny Cyndaquil I got in July, but didn't play it as a SBQ. I definitely want to with SS, along with completing the pokedex. My next target will likely be Mareep at Route 32.

Good luck on your hunts!

2. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Shiny Tauros after 539 eggs! Jolly and 5IV missing Speed. Choice Scarf could fix that though.
    [​IMG]

Currently at 38 calls for Magikarp.

EDIT: Golden Karp #1 after 362 SOS calls!! 4IV Modest (Jolly sync failed).
    [​IMG]

EDIT2: Second Karp after 238 calls! This one female and Jolly, is now a Gyarados!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I have managed to SR a Raikou. This time around, I'm reclaiming shiny Dialga. In my way to the Ultra Wormhole, I encountered a shiny Drapion. I only have a few shiny legendaries left in Ultra Sun that I have not caught personally, ignoring Regice for being awful

4. TheGiratina999

TheGiratina999 Love shiny hunting

Yikes, been an age. I started a hunt for a shiny Dialga last April, made it to around 1850 SRs before I got caught up with college work. I restarted the hunt during the break, and at 1951 SRs, it finally came: the sparkles of a shiny Dialga! God I'm so excited by this, I've always wanted a shiny legendary, and how fitting that the first one I've ever gotten is the one from the first Pokemon game I ever played.

Good luck to everyone else on their hunts, and good luck RedJirachi on your shiny Dialga hunt, too!

5. Draknir

Draknir Team Popplio

Congrats to everyone's Shinies since my last post!

My Let's Go Pikachu Shiny Badge Quest is now complete. After a grueling 25+ hour hunt for a Shiny Shellder, I, unfortunately, ended up with a Shiny Tentacool. I say unfortunately only because it wasn't what I wanted. Still caught it. Then, after beating Sabrina, I completed my Dex before starting to hunt for Shellder again. Less than 30 minutes after getting to 31, I got my Shiny Shellder. Then, I technically got three Shinies before Giovanni. I was grinding for Pikachu Candy when a Shiny Pikachu popped up at a 17 combo. Then, I started grinding for Clefairy Candy and got a Shiny Geodude at a combo of <30. After that, I got a Zubat on a combo of <10. In the spirit of the challenge, I only counted one of those three (Particularly Geodude because Pikachu was a duplicate). After getting the necessary Clefairy Candy to max out my Clefable (I had enough of Drowzee, Growlithe, Sandshrew, and Shellder Candy from hunting those), I beat Giovanni and took that chain back to the Seafoam Islands. Why? Because I swear, while hunting Shellder, a Shiny Squirtle was about to spawn as I was going down a ladder to reset things. I can't be certain I wasn't just being paranoid, but I figured it'd be fitting for my last hunt to be a (possible) reclaim. And, just a few moments ago, I got my Shiny Squirtle. In a pretty nice twist, the last Pokemon for my Badge Quest has the same nature as my first.

Basically, here's how my Badge Quest ended up:

Brock-Pikachu
    Misty-Clefairy
    Lt. Surge-Drowzee
    Erika-Growlithe
    Koga-Alolan Sandshrew (My personal favorite of this challenge)
    Sabrina-Tentacool (My personal LEAST favorite of this challenge)
    Blaine-Shellder
    Giovanni-Pikachu/Geodude/Zubat
    Elite Four-Squirtle (Possible reclaim, gonna count it as one)

I'll probably start hunting the Pikachu exclusives soon before switching back to Eevee, as its my main game.

6. ArcanineRaichu77

ArcanineRaichu77 Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and P!ATD fan~

I would be delighted to post my new shinies here. Problem is there's been twenty since my last post(and two fails), and I'd not want to pic spam. I also wanted to take the opportunity to say that it sucks that the community spirit and pure excitement for and happiness for any shiny, regardless of IV's and nature, that was here before I left for my hiatus seems to have gone :/ Purely my opinion however.

Ammako likes this.
  7. CosmicDragon

CosmicDragon Member

I've been hunting on Route 7 for a week and I haven't found anything yet. I completely lost count a while ago because it was getting difficult keeping track of the sky Pokemon(Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if something shone in the sky and I missed it entirely). But I'm not giving up on Vulpix. I'll still hunt for it, even if it is taking forever.

When I get tired of Vulpix, I switch over to Platinum to soft reset for a shiny Chimchar. I'm at 415 SR's so far. I tried this hunt a while back, but gave up after around 2000 resets. This time I will see this hunt through until the end!

Happy hunting!

8. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I FINALLY got the shiny chansey I was REing in Y's friend safari for. Female, careful nature, with Serene Grace and holding a lucky punch. She's already been moved to US for the purpose of completing my dex.

Did some horde hunting in Reflection Cave and got a mime jr, though I neglected to look at its nature or stats. Right now I'm in a dragon safari capturing fraxures, because I want a main for SOS chaining that can go through Sturdy and use False Swipe. Mold Breaker haxorus fits that bill.

2,315 SRs and counting for Type: Null in Ultra Moon

Edit: Shiny Type: Null after 2,544 SRs! That wasn't too bad :D

Sync worked and Valor is Jolly nature, likes to thrash about (max ATK, woo!), with Battle Armor.

Now to switch up my synchronizers and go into start searching for the first stakataka (and yes, I do plan to hunt BOTH)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  9. Ammako

Ammako Well-Known Member

I don't think pic spam is necessarily bad, you can put them all in one spoiler tag if needed so the post isn't too long for people to scroll through, and if people want to see it they can click on it. Though it's true that most of the people who actually cared left a long time ago and that's a shame.

10. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Got a shiny noibat in the friend safari. It's male, careful nature, mischievous, and has Frisk. Not what I was looking for, though, so the hunt continues.

205 resets for stakataka #1 and counting

11. Magiclapras

Magiclapras Dragon Goddess Flyder

After 10,628 SR's, shiny Lugia is finally mine!

I probably won't hunt on UM again for a while. Got too many other unfinished hunts.

12. CapybaraMage

CapybaraMage Novice Shiny Hunter

It’s been quite a while since my last visit to the forums, and that’s because I took a long break mid-hunt. But I picked it up again not long ago and I’m now the happy and proud owner of a shiny Latias! She shone so fast I was in disbelief. And my Timid sync worked! I just so happened to be listening to one of my favorite songs (Yes - Roundabout) when she appeared and I swear it gave me so much good luck. She’s tucked safely inside of a Luxury Ball.

After that I SOS chained for a shiny Pichu which appeared after 479 calls. Timid sync failed, but it ended up Bashful which at least isn’t that bad. And my Level Ball worked so that was definitely nice. It’s now an adorable Alolan Raichu.

Then while training on Poni Island I found two random encounter Shinies! Raticate and Scyther. Then I found a Chansey while chaining for exp.

Also, I’m participating in the upcoming Simple Symphony competition and when I was planning my team I knew I wanted to try for a couple Shinies. I used Masuda Method for a hidden ability Totodile in a Lure Ball. I actually got two Totodile, the first around 600 eggs, but it had Torrent so I kept going. Then a Sheer Force one hatched only about 100 eggs later! Next I tried out the Egg Swap method for the first time. I’m not too sure if I like this method or not yet, but it was a success and I got a shiny Eevee in a Moon Ball that’s now an Umbreon. Since I knew what egg it was going to be, I took the opportunity to hatch him at the Altar of the Moone :p

I think that’s all the recent ones I found in UM. Although I did also get a PGL Shiny Tapu Lele in a trade which I’m super happy about. I tried out hunting in Let’s Go Eevee, too. I had a Catch Combo built up on Rhyhorn in Rock Tunnel. It took about a day, and it fortunately was a Rhyhorn that shone. He was tiny, and I managed to catch him in a Premier Ball. He’s evolved now, and it’s so fun to ride around on him. I also bought the Crystal virtual console with the intent of hunting for a Shiny Celebi. I did hatch a Shiny Magby from the Odd Egg. I’m excited to try breeding as well.

But right now I’m hunting on Y in a Friend Safari for the first time. A Psychic one, with Espurr and Munna. I really like both of their Shinies so I’d be happy with either one.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!!

13. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Got another shiny noibat in the friend safari. Another male, adamant and alert to sounds, with Infiltrator. I'll be wonder trading it once I get it back to US.

632 SRs for stakataka #1 and counting.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  14. CosmicDragon

CosmicDragon Member

I finally got my shiny Vulpix. I spent hours every day going in and out of Route 7. When I suddenly saw two Vulpix spawn beside each other. I could only see the tails for both, but I noticed one seemed duller. Then the sparkles finally showed up and I knew my drought came to an end. I can't wait to evolve her into a Ninetails!

So, now that that's finally done I'm going to focus more on my Platinum hunt. I'm pretty drained with hunting in Let's Go! and I kind of missed hunting in Gen 4. I've always wanted to do a Platinum badge quest because there's so many amazing hunts in Platinum. I'm at 600 SR's for Chimchar. The resets take some time, but it's pretty mindless (Except having to pick Chimchar's Pokeball) so I can SR while working on something else.

Happy hunting!

CapybaraMage likes this.
  15. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Who's been fortunate enough to pull a Chuggaaconroy? That being, getting a random shiny of the Pokemon they wanted in their main playthrough

16. Draknir

Draknir Team Popplio

I'm in complete shock. I just got a RANDOM SHINY REGISTEEL! All I was doing was grinding up something in Ultra Moon when I stumbled across Registeel in the Ultra Wormhole. I was like, "Eh sure, I'll KO it. Maybe I'll get lucky?" And I did. I'm just at a loss for words. Never in a million years did I think that this would happen.

This also comes a day after I got not one, but TWO 1/4096 Shiny Pelipper on the same Route in a Moon Nuzlocke in one day.

17. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Shinies I've gotten lately:

(November 2018) Got a shiny Clefairy in Pokemon Quest!

(December 2018)
    I caught a shiny Charmander and a shiny Dratini in Pokemon Go and I just got a shiny Slowpoke in Pokemon Quest.
    Just got a shiny Machop in Pokemon Quest.

(January 2019)
    Found two shinies today! A shiny Zubat in Pokemon Quest and a Pidgey in Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. A completely random encounter.

18. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny druddigon from the friend safari in Y. Rash nature, with Mold Breaker. I think that's a decent nature?

Still hunting for fraxure, though.

1,875 SRs for stakataka #1 and counting.

19. xEryChan

xEryChan The Arch Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Well, this happened. I’ve been trying to level up my Pokemon so I can take on Sabrina and I ended up finding this thing in betweem Celadon City and that route where the cycling path used to be. Day has been made, though I can’t stop shaking now.

This sort of thing never happens to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats on all of the recent shinies!

So my dad got me Pearl version for Christmas (now I have all of the Gen 4 games, yus!) and I have been, slowly due to working 10h/6 days every week, making my way through Sinnoh again. I just reached Iron Island and was/am training my team for the battle with Byron when this appeared...
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately... It exploded after I got it Isolated. I knew it was probably going to happen and I'm actually not upset about it (disappointed but not heartbroken) since I already have a shiny Graveler from my Soul Silver Badge Quest. Maybe I'll find another shiny later in the game.