1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Guys, I am a tad creeped out at Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.
    Once again, I try to hunt for the Thick Club for Cubone and instead get a Shiny Gastly. This time, it's on my Fire Red instead of Leaf Green.

Spooky.

Edit: It's Bashful with a stat spread of (approx.) 6/22/1/24/27/16. It's not terrible.

2. ArcanineRaichu77

ArcanineRaichu77 Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and P!ATD fan~

Congrats! It's really nice to see 1/8192 shinies still here :) I'm hunting Bulbasaur on the LG I got from my cousin for Christmas. Just past a month's hunting it and I'm on 15140 srs atm. It'll be my first 2019 shiny, my 80th shiny and is the last one I need for my shiny Kanto starter trio :D Charmander shone at 15763 srs back in 2013 so looks like Bulba will pass that haha.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny stakataka #1 after 2,771 SRs! :D Golden bricks get!

It appeared as I was driving back from the hospital with dad (he's apparently allergic to driving himself to his own appointments, so he drags me along and makes me sit in a random lot somewhere with the car waiting for him to call me for pickup so he won't have to walk a few extra feet or pay to get out of the parking lots), and holy heck is it tanky. False Swipe was barely making a dent so I had to stack three Roto Boosts and use Air Slash to whittle it down so I could catch it. It kept using Iron Head on my smeargle, but thankfully the stacked boosts reduced the damage it did. And it would not stay asleep. But I did get it in the first beast ball I threw.

I was syncing for lonely, but sync failed and it turned out serious. I think I can work with that, since it doesn't lower anything. It's mischievous, with Beast Boost.

I've already been into the wormholes; I found both pheromosa and celesteela and fainted them so I wouldn't have to deal with the cutscenes once I actually start hunting them. I may go for pheromosa first, then come back for the second stakataka.

CapybaraMage likes this.
  4. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

I just hatched egg #1530 for Dratini with Masuda Method and Shiny Charm and still no shiny in sight yet. Beginning to lose hope lol. I’m new to shiny hunting through breeding, this being only my third one. Previous egg shinies were a Deino at 34 eggs, a Hoothoot at 413 eggs, and then one time I got a shiny Dunsparce from an egg I wasn’t even wanting to be shiny lol.

5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Just got a shiny Gastly in Pokemon Let's Go. My first chained shiny in Let's Go. So happy! :) It took 141 encounters.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    CapybaraMage likes this.
  6. DR.gonzo

DR.gonzo Well-Known Member

Congrats mate . Gastly is going to Be my next hunt on let’s go .

After having some bad luck chaining Growlithe last night and today , braking my chain twice by throwing a ball at
    Porygon instead of running away and also braking my chain after updating my switch today 2 shiny Growlithe spawned one after another . This is the second time I’ve encountered a second shiny just after the first has spawned on let’s go .

7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Thanks! Hope you find one soon.

Nice! Glad that your Growlithe hunt worked out.

8. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

I must be crazy because soft-resetting is so tedious to me. I can't believe I'm actually doing a badge quest.

Some story to this is that I wanted a shiny starter so I'd figure I'd play through OR since I still haven't finished that game (AS was my main game). Saw about 9 resets (27 seen) and then a shiny mudkip appears. What the actual hell.

Since I'd figure I could get the hardest part of the shiny quest out of the way I figure let's try the badge quest.

I was soooooo wrong.

First I wanted a shiny ralts so I decided that the best way to go about it was by the Dex nav. Simple enough until you realize that a level 13 ralts has teleport. I knew this but went for it anyways. Prayed I wouldn't get a level 13 ralts but sure enough I did at a search level of 133. The game trolls me by having the ball shake three time and then it using telelport. My very first official fail.

Out of spite I decided to reclaim the shiny later. After a short 10 ENCOUNTERS I caught a level 3 female shiny ralts. I'm still seething at the game trolling me like that.

I'm currently looking for Shroomish, but it has yet to shine.

9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

If you get a shiny Shroomish, name it Mario. You'll see why

Addendum: I have succeeded in reclaiming shiny Dialga. I'm going to do some SOS for Hidden Abilities, then go back to get a shiny Giratina

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  10. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

So I FINALLY got my Lapras after a LONG 21,107 SRs! The catch was trickier than planned, with it eating all 14 of my Heavy Balls, but fortunately the second Ultra Ball caught it!
    [​IMG]

11. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny pheromosa after 6,183 SRs! Bit of a haul there.

I was syncing for naive, but pheromosa turned out Lax. Not having much luck with the natures so far. It likes to thrash about and has the standard Beast Boost.

Been watching some of my favorite Youtubers playing Pixelmon (yes, it's still alive) and it's made me really, really want to hunt yveltal. But first I have to breed out a sync with the right nature. Thankfully I have dittos so that shouldn't be the biggest problem. Finding the yveltal will be the hard part.

Wish me luck... I'll need it.

Edit: Shiny medicham on the second run into the wormhole. Female, quiet nature, mischievous, with Pure Power.

Edit #2: Shiny crustle. I have one of these from a wormhole run already, so i'll be wonder trading it at some point. Mild nature and capable of taking hits, with Sturdy

I almost had a shiny altaria between this crustle and barbaracle, but it refused to stay in the ball and then Perish Songed itself to death. RIP...

Edit #3: Pulled a shiny barbaracle out of the wormholes yesterday. Mild nature again, mischievous, with Tough Claws.

Yveltal is being elusive. I ran the wormholes for hours, found quite a few legendary red holes and random legendaries in regular red holes. I found the bird trio so many times I'm considering catching them just to make them stop appearing; it's gotten to the point where if the cry as the legendary flies overhead is "GYAOOOOO!" I just leave because that's one of those three stupid birds. I've also found "LUAAAAAAAAN!" (cresselia) and "WHHHWHHHWHHHWHHH!" (thundurus). Still looking for yveltal.

Edit #4: Shiny heliolisk. Again, mild (leading with a mild sync for yveltal), alert to sounds, with Sand Veil. I have one in US from running wormholes over there, so this one will probably get traded off eventually.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  12. TheMaster327

Shiny Ditto after 232 calls :) Ended up being Gentle, not really the best nature but then again most of Ditto's stats are irrelevant when it Transforms. Unfortunately not Imposter and got the normal Limber.
    [​IMG]

13. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny yveltal after only 1,119 SRs! Wow, that was quick :D

This beautiful dark beast has the Mild nature I wanted and is capable of taking hits, with Dark Aura. I won't know his IVs till I get him back to Ultra Sun since I haven't unlocked the IV judge feature in UM yet. I had to Spore him twice, then it took three hits with False Swipe to whittle him down. I wanted to get him in a premiere ball or a timer ball (because red and white or red-black-white), but I realized too late that I don't have any of either, so I said "eff it" and chucked a fast ball at him. One shake... two shakes... three shakes... Ding! Captured.

Going after the second stakataka now, after which I will be running the wormholes again after kyogre.

14. TheMaster327

That's the first Eevee of 4 for the Kanto Eevee family after a fairly long 636 SOS calls! Ended up Careful with Adaptability. This one will remain an Eevee.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Second Eevee after 151 calls! Bold sync worked here, and caught it in a Heal Ball. 4IV missing both attacking stats, which is perfect for a bulky Vaporeon!
    [​IMG]

EDIT2: Third Eevee after 584 calls! This one successfully synced Timid so will be a Jolteon!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  15. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats on all of the recent shinies!

Tuesday night I decided to take a break from Pearl Version for a while and work on some hunts. I thought about hunting Carnivine and/or Weepinbell in Y and Raikou in Omega Ruby but, decided on Blacephalon in Ultra Sun since I was close to full (gen 6 + 7 odds) and switching to Xerneas in the game (I said when I started the hunt that after 4096 SRs, I would switch to Xerneas). Anyway, just when I was thinking of shutting down for the night...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    It was time to get down with the clown. I luckily had a plan for dealing with it (and kissed my shower goodbye because I had to get to bed ASAP after the shiny for work). First I used Roto Catch and let Blacephalon KO Abra with Mind Blown so it would weaken itself. Next I sent out Quagsire to prevent further minds from being blown and to use Haze to put a stop to Beast Boost. After a bit of healing, I had Quagsire Yawn at Blacephalon. We used one Ice Beam to bring Blacephalons HP just a bit lower. Once asleep I started throwing Dive Balls. Eventually...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Unfortunately Synchronise failed and it ended up with a Quiet nature and IVs of 31/31/14/8/31/28-30. Now I'm searching Ultra Space for Xerneas and I will work on Stakataka in Ultra Moon. Good luck everyone!

16. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny stakataka #2 after only 1,302 SRs! Wow that was fast o.o

Sync worked this time; it's sassy nature and somewhat vain, with Beast Boost. Again, it took four stacked Roto Boosts to amp up False Swipe and Air Slash enough to whittle it down enough to catch, and then I got it in the first beast ball.

Though I did end up starting the Rainbow Rocket thing (not that I was given much of a choice...) I am going back into the wormholes. Targets are celesteela and kyogre. Whichever I find first is the one I SR first. But knowing my luck, it'll be celesteela

Edit: Shiny lombre on my third run. Jolly nature, somewhat vain, with Swift Swim. This one will be trade fodder, since I already have one in US

Edit #2: Shiny sigilyph. First one of those I've caught in Gen 7. Calm, alert to sounds, with Magic Guard.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  17. TheMaster327

Fourth and last Eevee (for now) after a very long 907 SOS calls! Ended up Hasty and not the Adamant I was hoping for, but it's still a very workable nature for Flareon :)
    [​IMG]

Team Volt Grunt likes this.
  18. Ignition

Ignition *stares into your soul*

Was trying to get a Jangmo-o to get a Razor Claw but ended up getting a Shiny Mienfoo

19. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I moved to a fighting safari in Y; I need a machoke form my US dex. And already I've caught the other two shinies available in the safari. Shiny sawk; brave nature, somewhat vain, with Inner Focus. Shiny riolu; gentle nature, somewhat vain, with Steadfast. Still looking for that machoke.

Celesteela is at 800 SRs (I knew I'd find it before kyogre).

20. StabbyJoee

StabbyJoee Member

Manged to get this guy as a psyduck early on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]