1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Good on you. Golduck has always been one of those shinies that really managed to pull off changing the shade of the color but not the color itself(main body at least, though the pink extremities help exentuate it)

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny celesteela after 2,323 SRs! Not too bad :D

Sync failed (really not having much luck with the sync) and it is gentle nature, mischievous, with Beast Boost.

Now I just need to find kyogre and I'll have everything I currently want from Ultra Moon.

3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

Decided to do a little bit of shiny hunting last night in Let's Go and ran into a Shiny Pikachu (it only took 23 to reach it -- shortest shiny hunt yet). Was really surprised when it popped up! :)

Just caught a shiny Meltan in Pokemon Go.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  4. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Well that didn't take too long! Shiny Porygon after only 1,100 SRs!! Synced Modest, it only had one perfect IV in Defense. At 40 eggs hatched for the first Lord Helix now.
    [​IMG]

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  5. RedJirachi

I have begun an Eevee SR in Leaf Green, in hopes of green Jolteon one day

Team Volt Grunt likes this.
  6. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Where did that "Lord Helix" thing even come from?

Shiny kyogre after only 814 SRs! Wow, that was quick o.o

I was syncing for Adamant, but the sync failed and it came out Rash and somewhat vain (I seem to be getting a lot of vain shinies lately). Desperately wanted to get him in a heal ball, but he was having none of it and broke out of almost 20 heal balls, a level ball, and two timer balls before one finally stuck. Wanted to name him the German word for "nuisance", but the game's options have no equivalent of "ä" so instead I named it Bake-kujira after the mythical ghost whale of Japan.

Kyogre was the last SR hunt I had currently planned for UM. Now I have to get everything moved over to Ultra Sun so I can pick up my MM hunts over there again.

I also caught a second shiny sawk in Y; it's gentle and takes plenty of siestas, with Sturdy. Sometime later I also caught the shiny machoke I went in after; he's lax and somewhat vain (again...) with No Guard.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  7. WishIhadaManafi5

Just ran into and caught a random shiny Machoke in Let's Go. He surprised the heck out of me! :eek:

8. TheMaster327

I believe the whole Lord Helix thing came because of the vast amount of people who chose the Helix Fossil over Dome in Mt. Moon. That's probably where it stemmed from, Cyberra. At 125 eggs hatched now.

9. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Huh.

So, I decided I wanted a shiny carbink in Ultra Sun. So I grabbed my smeargle and headed for Ten Carat Hill. After some failing in the cave, because it kept calling sableye, I went out to the grassy part and had more luck. After several hours and 405 SOS calls, I got my shiny carbink. It's gentle nature and mischievous, with Clear Body. 4IVs, xx/31/31/31/31/xx

10. maldoror

maldoror Well-Known Member

It was from Twitch Plays Pokemon when they kept selecting the fossil in the bag.

11. TheMaster327

12. RedJirachi

I liked Omastar over Kabutops before Twitch made it cool

13. TheMaster327

First shiny Lord Helix after 330 eggs! Relaxed 5IV missing Defense, with Shell Armor.
    [​IMG]

14. WishIhadaManafi5

Lucked out and caught a shiny Swinub in Pokemon Go. Glad one showed up.

15. After a long hiatus (since smash bros ultimate and tales of vesperia definitive edition happened) I picked up my shiny Reshiram hunt in Ultra Sun again several days ago.

It finally shone just a few minutes ago. Only Cobalion, Terrakion, Mewtwo and Dialga left for legendary hunts in Ultra Sun. I already have Mewtwo and Dialga shiny but they're from trades so I'd rather catch them myself.

While searching for my next target in green wormholes, I ended up finding a shiny Heliolisk. Didn't have one yet so that's a nice bonus.
    Edit: Got another shiny Grumpig too.

Edit2: Found Terrakion, so I set it as my next target.
    Edit3: Terrakion already shone after an hour and a half. Probably the fastest SR shiny hunt I've ever had. On to the next target~

Edit 4: Got a shiny Audino in the ultra wormholes. Having a pretty lucky morning today~
    Edit 5: Found my next target, Cobalion. Not expecting this one to go as quickly as last.

Thinking of taking a break from wormhole shinies after this one though and do Mewtwo and Dialga later since I already got them. I've been at legendary shiny hunting in Ultra Sun since last spring or so and getting a bit tired of it after almost a year. I wanna try some MM'ing or SOS hunting after rounding up this hunt.

Congrats to everyone with their new shinies and good luck hunting.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  16. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny shellder after only 437 eggs! Not too bad :D

Male, jolly nature and likes to thrash about, with Skill Link. I like Skill Link because shellder got Icicle Spear and Rock Blast as egg moves, so they'll hit all five times

Up next is axew. I want a Mold Breaker haxorus.

17. RedJirachi

As I have a Wonder Trade Japanese male Umbreon with its HA, and a female Espeon with its HA, and both the Shiny Charm and Oval Charm in Ultra Sun, I've decided to get the shiny Eeveultions through Masuda Method. Create a family of both Hidden Ability Eevelutions and shiny Eevelutions with a chance for their HA. I have gotten one white Eevee, though it lacks the HA. If one of them has it, I am undeniably making it an Espeon

CapybaraMage likes this.
  18. TheMaster327

Second Lord Helix after 398 eggs!! Relaxed again, 5IV but this time missing HP. Will likely be the Omastar.
    [​IMG]

CapybaraMage likes this.
  19. TheGiratina999

TheGiratina999 Love shiny hunting

Decided I wanted to take a break from hunting Treecko in my Sapphire, so I switched to Diamond for some easy Pokéradar targets. While chaining Swellow, around 28 into the chain, I encountered a random shiny Swellow from a non-shiny patch! Probably gonna pick up the Treecko hunt again now, at 2660 SRs for that

20. WishIhadaManafi5

Did some Geodude chaining last night in Let's Go and lucked out at a little over 50 encounters. A shiny one showed up and I caught it and named it Nugget. :)

CapybaraMage likes this.