1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

My hunt for a shiny Koffing has FINALLY ended in Pokemon Crystal. After over 200 (nearing 300) hours of hunting, one showed up last night. :p Caught her and named her Toxi (for now).

2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny furfrou after 145 SOS calls! Whew, that was a nerve-wracking hunt... I have to breed or catch and train an absol to use as a mega absol for low-rank mons that insist on spamming sand attack. Mega absol has magic bounce which won't let sand attack do its thing. The furfrous had my accuracy so low I'd use up all of a move's PP trying to faint one XP I had to switch callers every 5-10 successful calls just because I'd miss for 12 turns straight along with how infrequently furfrou calls

Furfrou is female, mild nature and mischievous, with Fur Coat. She's 4IVs missing ATK and DEF. Not that I ever intend to actually use her in battle. I just really like shiny furfrou.

Seel is at 540 eggs and counting.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  3. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

You know you can use Substitute to nullify Sand Attack, other stat reducing moves and even status afflicting moves? Might make those hunts a little easier in the future.

As for Mew, still yet to get the correct ID in Yellow to allow one to transfer, which is 22796. Have got 3 digits in the correct spots a number of times, but never had 4 or 5 right yet. Guess that's what happens with a 1/65536 hunt!

4. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I was using substitute. It wasn't helping. Every time I tried to get my accuracy back up they took it right back down XP Jerks...

Edit: Shiny pawniard from the friend safari. I'm hunting absol, but pawniard is nice, too. Male, jolly nature and mischievous, with Defiant

Edit #2: Shiny seel after 1,119 eggs. I wish GF had made it more noticeable... So hard to tell the shiny one from the regular one. Male, everstoned calm, takes plenty of siestas, and he got his HA, Ice Body. Thanks again to TheMaster327 for the HA seels, from our egg trade vivillon hunt (a seel shone for me, still waiting for scatterbug to shine for him, whenever we get back to it. I'm still sitting on four boxes of scatterbug eggs in Sun).

Going to train it, then start working on absol.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  5. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

FINALLY, after God knows how many weeks I spent of coming up goose eggs on my SR hunt for chimchar on Platinum, so many that I started playing UltraMoon, I've finally got some new shinies to report. Unfortunately, they're all in UltraMoon, but I'm still trying for that elusive shiny chimchar.

The Ultra Space wormholes have been very kind to me, previously in UltraSun and now in UltraMoon. This week I managed to finally break my long shiny drought with a shiny nuzleaf (one of many), then I got a shiny abomasnow (which I think is a new shiny for me), and finally earlier tonight a shiny crustle (which IS a new shiny for me).

I'm working on filling my pokedex and tracking down the legendaries, so hopefully I'll have more shinies to report in upcoming weeks.

6. Raicario

Raicario Pokemon hybrid

Currently SOS'ing for a Shiny Chansey in Ultra Sun, and I'm not even bothering with keeping track of how many calls are made. It just makes it more tedious than it needs to be, and besides, I realized that when I DO do it, I always have a MAJOR screw-up moment and have to start all over again! By the way, why does a Chansey using Fling with a Leppa Berry do super effective damage against my Victini?

7. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Fling is a Dark type move.

As for me, still going for the ID in Yellow that allows Mew to transfer. Closest I've been is 22797 which is only one number off what's needed.

8. Raicario

Raicario Pokemon hybrid

I... honestly forgot that Fling was Dark-Type...

On a slightly more sour note, I've been going non-stop since my last post, and STILL haven't had a Shiny Chansey appear!

9. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny oddish in the friend safari. Female, quiet nature, somewhat vain, with Chlorophyll. She'll be a bellossom when I transfer her forward.

450 eggs for absol and counting. Would be higher, but I get sidetracked helping people with tough monster fights in Monster Hunter: World or using guides on YouTube to find collectibles in awkward places in Darksiders II

10. Still hatching Magikarp eggs for the swap method for either a shiny salandit (if it's female) or a shiny porygon (if it's male)

On another note, I managed to pull off the tweaking glitch in pokemon diamond and reach Darkrai via it. I know the Darkrai obtained by this isn't considered legit, but the urge to soft reset for a shiny one is really big so I think I'll do that as a side hunt. Will probably take an eternity since it's gen 4 full odds.

11. WishIhadaManafi5

Still working on soft resetting for a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver version, it's well over 300 hours now. It's being very, very stubborn. Not giving up on it though. Hoping to do some more work tonight.

Woo hoo! Just got a shiny Vulpix in Pokemon Quest!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  12. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny oddish #2 and shiny sawsbuck spring forme from the safari. Both are female, the oddish hasty with Run Away and the sawsbuck naive with Sap Sipper. Couldn't resist naming the sawsbuck "Bambi" even though it's female.

600 eggs for absol and counting

Edit: Shiny quilladin from the safari. male, lax nature and mischievous, with overgrow. Moving on now.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  13. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I"ve gotten some more shinies in UltraMoon while trying to get all the obtainable legendaries in UltraSpace (all I need yet is guzzlord and the legendaries you get with specific legendaries in your party, like rayquaza and suicine). As I'm off for four days (after working eight in a row), I can do a bunch of trading and encounters to fill my pokedex, so I should get some more shinies this week. While getting another shiny magcargo, medicham, and nuzleaf, this is the first time I've ever gotten a shiny grumpig, and I got two! :)

Meanwhile, my SR quest for chimchar in Platinum keeps going and going and going and going and going...

14. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member

I hatched my Odd Egg and got a shiny Magby in Pokemon Crystal. I got it on my very first egg!

15. WishIhadaManafi5

Holy cow that is lucky! Nice hatch.

Might try working on some soft resetting in my Platinum version today. Been working on it on and off for a shiny Turtwig.

Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  16. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Good for you. My Odd Egg shiny I SR'd for(initially a Pichu) was a Tyrogue, who ended up becoming a Hitmonchan. The old shiny looks much better than the current

Vixzey and Hunter Zolomon like this.
  17. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny absol after 1,543 eggs.

Female, in a premiere ball, jolly nature and capable of taking hits, with Super Luck. 4IVs missing SpATK and SpDEF. Going to train her, then get her leveled up and use her as a mega absol to deal with sand attack spammers when I SOS things.

Up next is grubbin. I want my white vikavolt.

18. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Got my first Pokemon Let's Go! shiny. It's a Modest Bellsprout so I guess I slap Mega Drain and Sludge Bomb on it.

And yes, this was the result of chaining (31 Pidgeys to be exact).

19. Vixzey

Vixzey Member

Hatched Shiny Jangmo-O after about 70~ eggs, and found Shiny Gastly in Let's Go while doing the Ghost of Marowak :D

20. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I hatched a shiny grubbin during a power outage last night. Female, modest nature, capable of taking hits, with Swarm. 5IVs perfect, missing ATK. Gonna be an awesome vikavolt. Only took 394 eggs.

Hatching eggs for growlithe now.

Edit: Shiny spheal from the friend safari. Female, timid nature, likes to thrash about,with her HA, Oblivious. Will be transferred to US later.

Edit #2: Shiny beartic. Female again, mild nature and capable of taking hits, with Snow Cloak. Named Artio after the Gaulish bear goddess of the wilderness. It seemed to suit.

Last edited: May 8, 2019