• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shiny Pinsir after 362 eggs~

Next target's probably gonna be Gligar. Unless the Magikarp is female and I can swap it for a female Salandit.

Also thinking of doing some SOS hunts, maybe Mantyke as my next target before MM'ing again.

I've also continued playing Ultra Moon to eventually SR for the version exclusive legends I don't have shiny yet. And for Poipolle and Stakataka. I've only just arrived at the 3rd island though so it's still quite a bit off.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Cyberra

pain in the ***

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Didn't take too long, but I managed to get a bluer Suicune. Now I only have to get Giratina, and that'll be it for the US SR. At least the hard part, because next I'm going to try and get a shiny of each fossil. Besides Omanyte, since I already did that in AS

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats on all of the new shinies!

So, I asked to have 3 days off from work, monday-wednesday, effectively giving me a four day weekend to rest and clean. I also FINALLY got internet at my apartment. Three or so years is too long without internet. Anyway, I've been working on cleaning my apartment these last few days since it's been pretty messy, as in can't walk around messy. So I've been watching streams on twitch and SRing in my games while cleaning. An SR here, pick up this, throw out that, put away that and another SR.
qlWxySH.jpg
Capture went surprisingly smooth. I started by having my Smeargle use Spore to put Cobalion to sleep. Next I spammed Dragon Dance to boost Smeargles attack to make up for the fact that Cobalion is part steel. Eventually Cobalion woke up so Smeargle used Spore again and then False Swipe. I finally threw a single Net Ball and... wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... CLICK! Cobalion was caught! I got lucky since it's Nature is Jolly but it's IVs aren't the best 21-22/22-23/0/23/3/13 and they're also not the worst.

More Pictures:
dPTPJIg.jpg

u5ODpQX.jpg

BFoFs4h.jpg
Video:

I just found my sixth Ultra Wormhole shiny, a shiny Quagsire from a blue portal. I don't actively hunt for shinies this way and I only found this one while randomly checking out the waterfall cave in the blue portal that I got dragged into. I feel like my luck's been pretty good since I keep randomly finding shinies in here without even trying, so I might actually take advantage of the increased chances of finding shinies in Ultra Wormholes from now on.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Question: if I want the shiny tapu prize from the latest competition, do I just have to enter, or do I actually have to battle? I'm not a battler because I suck at strategizing and battle item use. I just want the shiny tapu, because I'm not sure it'll be released as an event like tapu koko was. Tapu bulu from February wasn't that I know of

TheMaster327

Question: if I want the shiny tapu prize from the latest competition, do I just have to enter, or do I actually have to battle? I'm not a battler because I suck at strategizing and battle item use. I just want the shiny tapu, because I'm not sure it'll be released as an event like tapu koko was. Tapu bulu from February wasn't that I know of

You do have to battle a minimum of 3 times during the competition to be eligible for the shiny Tapu.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
With last week's shiny hippowdon and this week's shiny stunfisk (my first), I now have at least one shiny of all the pokemon in USUM's wormholes except for quagsire. :) While I'm going through the wormholes to fill my pokedex and get my last legendary (landorus), I hope I'll find a quagsire. I haven't had a shiny one before, though I've had a shiny wooper.

Managed to hatch a shiny Gligar yesterday and sos hunt for a shiny Mantyke today. Shiny luck is pretty high atm.

I also thought of getting some ultra wormhole shinies. I got three (Magcargo, Crustle and Abomasnow), but it's three I already have so they're going in my spare shiny box on bank. I also kept running into Mewtwo but I already have a shiny one. Decided to knock it out. I was convinced they only reappear after beating the elite four again but apparently not, must've been another game where that happens with knocked out legends.

Also, getting a razor fang in Ultra Sun is the worst. I've got a mon with frisk and keep encountering Bruxish which has a 5% chance to hold it but no luck so far.

I decided to work a bit on my alola dex now. Thinking of giving Sandygast another shot at sos hunting.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Wow, I actually won my first match. But after that people started bringing ultra beasts and legendaries so my other two matches were losses. Meh. I wasn't expecting or even really trying to win. My opponents were probably calling me a show-off because I was using my in-game team and they're all shiny.

Should be good for the shiny tapu now. Back to the egg grind. 545 eggs for trapinch and counting

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats on the new shinies guys! Still hard at work for a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver. It's very, very stubborn. Not giving up. Hoping to do some more work with soft resetting in Platinum for a shiny Turtwig. Got three shiny Torchics during the recent Community day in Pokémon Go.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I recently got the Shiny Charm in White 2 version, so I've been testing it out and trying to find Shinies in tall grass and after several weeks of trying, I managed to find a Shiny Yarukimono (Vigoroth). This marks my second Shiny in that game since I haven't played White 2 much, but I'm glad that I found this particular Shiny since I've always been a fan of ape-like Pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
After a few more failed attempts at sos'ing a shiny Sandygast, I decided to roam around a bit in the friend safari in gen 6 as a break. And found a shiny Swadloon and Quilladin. Now I've got all gen 6 starters shiny (the reason I didn't go for it earlier is because Chesnaught is probably my least favorite starter together with Emboar). Still glad I've got the set but I'm more excited about the Swadloon xD

Went into a fire safari now which holds Growlithe, Larvesta and Fletchinder. I've already got a shiny Arcanine but don't have any of the other two's evo line.

Edit: Found a shiny Growlithe and Larvesta. Still want a Fletchinder but switched over to a flying safari which has Farfetch'd (which I already have), Woobat and Fletchinder, hoping to find one there and maybe a Woobat as a bonus~

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It didn't take long, but I got a shiny Giratina. Forced to use my Master Ball ultimately, though as the only shiny legend left is Regice it's not really a loss. Moving on to SR for shiny fossils

Wandered around a bit in that flying safari. Found 2 shiny Farfetch'd and a shiny Woobat. Then realized I can sos hunt for Fletchling in gen 7 so decided to switch targets.

Then went into a bug safari with Butterfree, Illumise and Vivillon, with my main target being Vivillon. Found a shiny one about an hour ago (continental pattern).

Now I went into a ghost safari which has Shuppet, Phantump and Drifblim with Phantump being the main target. Already have shiny Banette though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Shiny shuckle from the friend safari. Female, modest nature and alert to sounds, with Gluttony. She'll be joining my collection on Ultra Sun

Trapinch is being a jerk. That hunt is at 1,230 eggs and counting.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Shiny shuckle from the friend safari. Female, modest nature and alert to sounds, with Gluttony. She'll be joining my collection on Ultra Sun

Trapinch is being a jerk. That hunt is at 1,230 eggs and counting.
Nice. I've had no luck in X Version friend safari wise. Been hunting some Pokémon randomly there, hoping that something will shine. Also did a bit of soft resetting for Turtwig in Platinum version today. Did some soft resetting for Cyndaquil in Silver version last night with no luck.