1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Tried to use the swap method again, using the MM for magikarp and then swap it for another shiny.

It was quite stubborn this time, took 1124 eggs to hatch. It was male so I used it to get a shiny Porygon. Despite Magikarp's fast hatch cycle this was probably the longest MM hunt I've done so far. Hopefully the next one won't take this long.

Gonna try again. If I can get that 1/8 chance it'll be for a female Salandit, if not it's going to be a Scyther. I've gotta release this ton of Magikarp first though.

Edit: Ahahaha this really seems like a joke. As soon as I started up my next hunt a shiny Magikarp hatched again after only 3 eggs. It was male so I swapped it for a shiny Scyther. It's like the opposite of my previous hunt. Only time I've ever had 2 MM shinies in one day too.

Next target if male is gonna be Pinsir to complete the Kanto bugs.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny growlithe after 480 eggs! That didn't take too long, except for my spending more time in Monster Hunter: World hunting arch tempered elder dragons (beings of sadness and agony, especially after failing the quests for the three dozenth time) instead of hatching eggs.

Growlithe is male, timid nature and mischievous, with Intimidate. 4IVs missing ATK and SpDEF. He hatched with the egg moves Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Burn Up, and Close Combat. I already evolved him to arcanine for my dex, which I will probably regret later, but I can always breed another one.

Next will be zubat, to finish of the Melemele Island dex (crobat being the last 'mon I need)

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Took me almost a week at a catch combo of 150, but I finally got my pink dratini in Let's Go. It was set to Adamant thanks to Madam Celadon, and it ended up with perfect IVs in all but Special Attack. Couldn't have asked for better. I watched 3 shiny Tentacool swim by and ran from a shiny Raticate while collecting daily spawn items to make more money for the nature sync before I got this guy.

Going to look through my dex and decide on my next target. Might be doing a trade hunt for a shiny alolan vulpix next. Good luck on your hunts!

Edit: ended up using my Dratini combo to get a shiny Porygon before starting the Vulpix trades. It showed up very quickly using the door method. I hope the trade hunt doesn't take too long.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Vixzey and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I've managed to get a shiny Kyurem. I'm going after Suicune, and after that only Giratina is left for the legendary US SRs

5. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny zubat after 422 eggs. That was fast.

Female, named Batty Coda (if you get the reference, kudos to you), jolly nature and likes to thrash about, with its HA, infiltrator

Up next will be beast ball trapinch. Managed to catch one in a beast ball on the first try and have it ready to go.

I also caught another shiny spheal in Y's friend safari. Male, mild nature and somewhat vain, with Thick Fat. This one will go into WT once I get it back to US

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    BTS_fan and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  6. Shiny Pinsir after 362 eggs~

Next target's probably gonna be Gligar. Unless the Magikarp is female and I can swap it for a female Salandit.

Also thinking of doing some SOS hunts, maybe Mantyke as my next target before MM'ing again.

I've also continued playing Ultra Moon to eventually SR for the version exclusive legends I don't have shiny yet. And for Poipolle and Stakataka. I've only just arrived at the 3rd island though so it's still quite a bit off.

7. RedJirachi

Wasn't the Ferngully character male?

8. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Yup. Don't care, though. The name itself is pretty gender neutral

9. RedJirachi

Didn't take too long, but I managed to get a bluer Suicune. Now I only have to get Giratina, and that'll be it for the US SR. At least the hard part, because next I'm going to try and get a shiny of each fossil. Besides Omanyte, since I already did that in AS

10. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats on all of the new shinies!

So, I asked to have 3 days off from work, monday-wednesday, effectively giving me a four day weekend to rest and clean. I also FINALLY got internet at my apartment. Three or so years is too long without internet. Anyway, I've been working on cleaning my apartment these last few days since it's been pretty messy, as in can't walk around messy. So I've been watching streams on twitch and SRing in my games while cleaning. An SR here, pick up this, throw out that, put away that and another SR.
    [​IMG]
    Capture went surprisingly smooth. I started by having my Smeargle use Spore to put Cobalion to sleep. Next I spammed Dragon Dance to boost Smeargles attack to make up for the fact that Cobalion is part steel. Eventually Cobalion woke up so Smeargle used Spore again and then False Swipe. I finally threw a single Net Ball and... wiggle... wiggle... wiggle... CLICK! Cobalion was caught! I got lucky since it's Nature is Jolly but it's IVs aren't the best 21-22/22-23/0/23/3/13 and they're also not the worst.

More Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Video:

11. I just found my sixth Ultra Wormhole shiny, a shiny Quagsire from a blue portal. I don't actively hunt for shinies this way and I only found this one while randomly checking out the waterfall cave in the blue portal that I got dragged into. I feel like my luck's been pretty good since I keep randomly finding shinies in here without even trying, so I might actually take advantage of the increased chances of finding shinies in Ultra Wormholes from now on.

12. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Question: if I want the shiny tapu prize from the latest competition, do I just have to enter, or do I actually have to battle? I'm not a battler because I suck at strategizing and battle item use. I just want the shiny tapu, because I'm not sure it'll be released as an event like tapu koko was. Tapu bulu from February wasn't that I know of

13. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

You do have to battle a minimum of 3 times during the competition to be eligible for the shiny Tapu.

14. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Get my arse handed to me three times, very doable. This'll be over quick

15. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

With last week's shiny hippowdon and this week's shiny stunfisk (my first), I now have at least one shiny of all the pokemon in USUM's wormholes except for quagsire. :) While I'm going through the wormholes to fill my pokedex and get my last legendary (landorus), I hope I'll find a quagsire. I haven't had a shiny one before, though I've had a shiny wooper.

16. Managed to hatch a shiny Gligar yesterday and sos hunt for a shiny Mantyke today. Shiny luck is pretty high atm.

I also thought of getting some ultra wormhole shinies. I got three (Magcargo, Crustle and Abomasnow), but it's three I already have so they're going in my spare shiny box on bank. I also kept running into Mewtwo but I already have a shiny one. Decided to knock it out. I was convinced they only reappear after beating the elite four again but apparently not, must've been another game where that happens with knocked out legends.

Also, getting a razor fang in Ultra Sun is the worst. I've got a mon with frisk and keep encountering Bruxish which has a 5% chance to hold it but no luck so far.

I decided to work a bit on my alola dex now. Thinking of giving Sandygast another shot at sos hunting.

17. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Wow, I actually won my first match. But after that people started bringing ultra beasts and legendaries so my other two matches were losses. Meh. I wasn't expecting or even really trying to win. My opponents were probably calling me a show-off because I was using my in-game team and they're all shiny.

Should be good for the shiny tapu now. Back to the egg grind. 545 eggs for trapinch and counting

18. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member Moderator

Congrats on the new shinies guys! Still hard at work for a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver. It's very, very stubborn. Not giving up. Hoping to do some more work with soft resetting in Platinum for a shiny Turtwig. Got three shiny Torchics during the recent Community day in Pokémon Go.

19. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I recently got the Shiny Charm in White 2 version, so I've been testing it out and trying to find Shinies in tall grass and after several weeks of trying, I managed to find a Shiny Yarukimono (Vigoroth). This marks my second Shiny in that game since I haven't played White 2 much, but I'm glad that I found this particular Shiny since I've always been a fan of ape-like Pokemon.

20. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member Moderator

What did you find, shiny wise?