1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny klefki in the friend safari. Female, impish nature and mischievous, with Magician, which is the hidden ability. I really like this shiny and will be adding it to my collection in US.

Currently at 150 eggs for golett

Edit: Caught a shiny klang. Brave nature and likes to thrash about, with Clear Body. Second HA safari shiny I've gotten in a row

Edit #2: Second shiny klang. This one is also brave nature and likes to thrash about, but it has the ability Minus. This one will be sent into Wonder Trade later

Edit #3: Shiny golett after 329 eggs. Nice quick egg hunt.

Golett is adamant nature and somewhat vain, with Iron Fist. 5IVs missing Speed, but its speed isn't great to begin with so meh.

Next on the menu is chinchou, followed by larvitar to finish up the Akala dex.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Chained a Shiny Fomantis in just under an hour on Sun:
    [​IMG]
    Don't mind all the polarized light the camera picked up. . . or the pokerus it contracted when I was reckless in spreading it to some wonder trade fodder.

3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Funny, it starts looking like an actual plant as a shiny

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Back with another Friend Safari shiny, but this time it's not Dunsparce! Found a shiny Loudred in the same Friend Safari on my second encounter of the day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member Moderator

Nice catch! I'm back at work trying to soft reset for a shiny Turtwig in Pokémon Platinum and a shiny Cyndaquil in Pokémon Silver. Not giving up.

6. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats on all of the new shinies lately!

Earlier this week, I had a really stressful and overall awful time at work. Anyway, Sometime after work on Monday, I decided to work on Xerneas in Ultra Sun and some other targets in other games. I was watching some videos and was heating up my dinner. Eventually I looked down at my 3DS...
    [​IMG]
    It was gi time in Ultra Sun with a white deer staring back at me! The battle was really easy. All that was needed was a few Spores, a few of Dragon Dances, a couple of False Swipes and finally, ONE Dive Ball. It was caught!. It's Relaxed with an IV spread of HP: Best/ Attack: Best/ Defense: Very Good/ Sp. Attack: Very Good/ Sp. Defense: Pretty Good and Speed: Best.
    More Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video:
    Good luck on all of your hunts!

7. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Eevee finally shines in the Friend Safari! No Loudreds and Dunsparces in between!

[​IMG]

8. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny larvitar after 535 eggs.

Yeah, I was going to hatch chinchou, but I realized at the last moment that my chinchou was a Japanese chinchou and Masuda Method would not have worked. So I swapped in the larvitar instead. Male, everstoned Jolly and mischievous, with Guts. 5IVs missing Speed, but that's what bottle caps are for

Now to get the chinchou ready so I can breed it

Edit: Shiny chinchou after 154 eggs. That was a very quick egg hunt.

Female, everstoned calm and takes plenty of siestas, with Volt Absorb. She came out 5IVs perfect.

Gonna get her evolved, then up next is frillish. Not picky as to which gender. I don't have any in US but I bred them in Y and have some in Pokebank. Just have to retrieve one.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  9. Draknir

Draknir Team Popplio

Congrats to everyone on their Shinies since late January!

So, after taking a break from it, I've really gotten back into Shiny hunting back at the start of this month. I got a Shiny Kyogre after 342 encounters in Ultra Moon, a Shiny Groudon after 889 encounters in Ultra Sun, and a Shiny Moltres after 464 encounters. I double hunted all of them, and the former two came in the two games that were the least prepared for it (I have 2 of both Ultra games, one main and one to do as I please. They appeared in the latter.)

I've also started a couple of hunts in older games, even getting a used Japanese DSi so I could triple hunt using my Japanese Black (And to hunt in my Japanese White and White 2 later on). I had started a Unova Badge Quest late into May using my English Black and German White and I just added my Japanese Black to it. Starting with the starters and, for fun, I am hunting all three simultaneously by choosing a different one in each. Whichever game gets the Shiny is going to be the main Badge Quest game while the other two will help with hunting. It's slow going because I only really started doing it again yesterday. At 414 encounters for that. Not sure what I'm going to go for after I get the starter, but I do know I will eventually go for Litwick because I had a Shiny Chandelure that I lost in 2012 because my dog chewed the game it was in.

I am also hunting Regigigas in Platinum, which is what got me back into hunting in old games because I realized it would be neat to have a Lv.1 Shiny Regigigas. Currently at 684 encounters for that. After that I plan to hunt for Shaymin. My English Platinum never used the Oak's Letter so that's an option. It'll be technically semi-legit in the other two copies I am using, but I figure that isn't a problem so long as I have one that actually has it from the event all those years ago.

10. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Well the idea with the pink was that it look like a flower, as the real-life counterpart does.

11. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny ferroseed from the friend safari. Lonely nature and alert to sounds, with Iron Barbs. Last 'mon I needed from that safari, so I'm moving on.

330 eggs and counting for frillish

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Jerimiyah likes this.
  12. WishIhadaManafi5

Found my first shiny in a long time in a Friend Safari in Pokémon X last night. A shiny Azumarill. So glad that the in game shiny hunting drought is over!

13. Rahus

Rahus Officious Obstruction

Okay, so single handedly the best shiny I've ever come across is a perfect IV, Shiny Adamant Shroomish. Nicknamed it Falloom, ev trained it, evolved it, and with it, I win a minor competition match in my home town and won a pot of $150 with Falloom doing a hard carry in the finale.

Great looking shiny. I kind of miss her to be honest. Had to sell the game, Omega Ruby, she was in and didn't have the ability to transfer her and the rest of my beauties to safety.

Which in hindsight was kind of a good thing, considering the new direction GameFreak is going with the number of Pokemon in the cart.

Jerimiyah and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  14. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Been a while, and I need to update my signature, but I've been SO lazy about it.

I've gotten Shiny Staryu, Magikarp, and Lapras on Let's Go! since I last posted, and instead of Mewtwo I decided to hunt Regigigas instead, as... by the time I got around to do my St. Patty's day hunt, well... it was April. lol

Also found a Shiny Machoke on Let's Go! after the Staryu was found but... I accidentally ran into ladders and failed it. Man that was heartbreaking to process and see happen.

For Pokemon Go, there's been countless shinies. Listing all of them would take WAYYY too long.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  15. Marzbar

Marzbar Well-Known Member

After 3 months of soft resetting in my spare time on Crystal virtual console.... it's finally mine. Almost had a heart attack when it came up.

[​IMG]

16. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Lucky! mine took just 6 days shy of half a year resetting on two systems

17. WishIhadaManafi5

Congratulations on the lucky catch! :)

18. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

How far into the story do I have to get before I have access to celebi, and what are the SR buttons on virtual console? I have one that I got from WT, but there is no way it's legit (lvl 100, perfect 6IVs, and the OT is AuSLove.TV, who trades hacked shiny legends by the boatload). I want my own legit one

19. Marzbar

Marzbar Well-Known Member

After elite four sometime. But you don’t need to finish any of the Johto area. You get given the GS ball and need to talk to Kurt....
    You just tap the bottom touch screen, press the reset button that comes and then hit A for okay. It’s very quick. Much easier than traditional soft resetting and can be done with one finger/hand

20. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

As soon as you become champion, go to the pokecenter in Goldenrod (you may need to immediately turn right when you walk in). You'll receive the GS ball. Take it to Kurt. The next day (you can change your clock if you don't want to wait), he'll give it back and send you to the shrine.

A+B+Start+Select will restart the game, or as Marzbar said, you can tap the touch screen and press reset.

Good luck with the hunt!