1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. StrongBad456

StrongBad456 Beginning Trainer

I had some amazing shiny luck today with Gen 4. Managed to get shiny Totodile and shiny Latias within hours of each other on 2 separate games. Now if only Articuno would shine on Let's Go Pikachu because I went weeks looking for it and never found it but I found it in 3 days in a game with more difficult shiny odds(Soul Silver) trying to see which would shine first. Sadly I failed it in Soul Silver because it struggled and knocked itself out. Still, shiny hunting is the best and I hope everyone finds the shinies they're looking for.

Jerimiyah and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny frillish after 2,028 eggs. That took a while...

Was hoping for a male, but frillish hatched female and apparently the trick of passing the shiny value to the next egg in line no longer works (I tried rejecting the shiny egg and accepting the next, but when the egg hatched it was not shiny). Eh. Modest nature and alert to sounds, with Water Absorb. 5IVs missing DEF.

Once evolved, jellicent will complete the Ula'ula dex. Then I just need two more to complete the Poni dex and I will get my shiny charm.

Up next is scraggy, either SOS or MM. May try SOS first and then switch to MM if I screw up too many times

Edit: Anything that learns High Jump Kick should never be SOS'd if you're not using a ghost as a lead. Back to the egg grind

Edit #2: Caught a shiny nincada and a shiny diggersby in a ground safari. Both males, the nincada gentle nature and the diggersby bashful with Pickup. I would have preferred Huge Power.

The nincada will probably go into Wonder Trade; I have two breed stock nincada in US already for breeding out ninjask and shedinja.

Edit #3: Shiny scraggy after 209 eggs. That was fast... and despite the fact that I was using a non-HA 'karp for the swap breeding, scraggy still got his HA, Intimidate. I wanted Moxie.

Male, everstoned Jolly, mischievous, with Intimidate. I will admit, I was sorely tempted to put my frillish back in and get a male one to go with my female LOL. I'll do that another time

Once I get this guy evolved I'll have one 'mon left to finish off the Alola dex. So up next will be misdreavous

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM
    Jerimiyah and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  3. SmeargleRocks

SmeargleRocks Reputable Trader

I saw someone got a shiny celebi again so I wanted to move this chart to recent incase you wanted a specific nature for it.

MockingJ and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. Lemonski

Lemonski Member

I personally haven't hunted for shinies a lot but I still have a few, for example multiple shiny Nosepass from a friend safari while I was looking for a shiny Onix. The most recent shiny I got was a shiny Cleffa from the odd egg in Crystal.

MockingJ likes this.
  5. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Caught a shiny illumise in the friend safari. Naive nature and somewhat vain, with Tinted Lens. Will be sent to US later.

Misdreavous is at 660 eggs and counting

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.