• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ysmr97

Congrats Buba!

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
I caught my first shiny the other day it was a female geodude though :L but still so happy all these years of running through grass paid off ^.^
Hey, congrats!

I managed to get myself a shiny male Geodude by sheer accident--on Jan. 26, I decided to go hunting for a No Guard Machop on my copy of Pearl. The third encounter was a shiny Geodude. He's named Nugget and I've already gotten 16 Ribbons for him. (I'm trying to get the Footprint Ribbon for him without using Vitamins.) I adore him.

king buba

ウーロン
haha Thanks everybody! :D
Hey, congrats!

I managed to get myself a shiny male Geodude by sheer accident--on Jan. 26, I decided to go hunting for a No Guard Machop on my copy of Pearl. The third encounter was a shiny Geodude. He's named Nugget and I've already gotten 16 Ribbons for him. (I'm trying to get the Footprint Ribbon for him without using Vitamins.) I adore him.

ohh haha I saw somebody who named their shiny geodude "glam" so it was like glam rock haha -.- I think I might try get some ribbons for mine too! ohh does it make any difference that I got it in leaf green from smashing a rock?

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats on Geodude and Shinx, both are really cool shinies! And congrats on any other recent shinies as well.

As for me, today I found my first February shiny!....

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/5440/piloswineinbattle.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img805/7839/piloswinesummary.jpg

Piloswine. Darn. I was really hoping for Sneasel, but I guess Mamoswine is still pretty cool. It took 3,040 REs in Giant Chasm with the Shiny Charm, making this my first hunt to go over the odds. Oh, and is Piloswine's nose considered pink? If so, then community hunt complete. But if not, oh well. I'll just continue my Cyndaquil MM hunt.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, still no luck on my shiny Wobbuffet hunt, but last night I finally got a shiny on my HeartGold game after nearly three years of playing the game (May 2010). I've had TWO (magneton and illumise) on SoulSilver, which I started after, so any shiny, even if it wasn't the one I was looking for, is fine with me. Anyway, I was browsing the web last night, and luckily looked down in time to see a little green bat appear on the screen.

It's a calm-natured female zubat, and I've named her Lutesia, keeping with the "lu-" name for shinies (very vampire-ish sound to it, too). Even though I wasn't actually trying for it, I guess she counts for the CH, since all the shiny forms have pink.

Now the only post-3rd gen games I don't have an RE shiny on are White and my restarted Diamond. I'm finally starting Black today or tomorrow (I spent WAY too long searching for Wingull), so hopefully I'll have better luck on that game. I'll keep trying for Wobbuffet, but I may start MM'ing soon.

Congrats to everyone else, too.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, does anyone know if you can SR for a shiny by the honey trees in DPPl, at least until they stop shaking? Just wondering in case I go for a burmy down the line.

Last edited:

Dangertrout

Congrats on Geodude and Shinx, both are really cool shinies! And congrats on any other recent shinies as well.

As for me, today I found my first February shiny!....

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/5440/piloswineinbattle.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img805/7839/piloswinesummary.jpg

Piloswine. Darn. I was really hoping for Sneasel, but I guess Mamoswine is still pretty cool. It took 3,040 REs in Giant Chasm with the Shiny Charm, making this my first hunt to go over the odds. Oh, and is Piloswine's nose considered pink? If so, then community hunt complete. But if not, oh well. I'll just continue my Cyndaquil MM hunt.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm... not sure.......
I think I have to call it more yellow / orange than pink. :(

ElectricBassClef

I already posted about the Shiny Clefairy I got in Black, but I forgot that as a pink shiny it counts for the Community Hunt. So I'll post this here where people will actually notice it:

Community hunt complete!

Also, here's a picture of it if I need proof: Shiny Clefairy.jpg

Edit: Also, congrats to goldensteambun, WaterTypesFTW, Heliotrope, pxm1, Aleh, king buba, Silverwynde, pokemaster13, wobbanut, and JohnNiles! (Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.)

Last edited:

JohnNiles

Munchlax hunt finished! This little troublemaker took 3029 eggs to appear, after dropping it and resuming it twice. I can now make Red's team in shiny form- though I'll be going with chained Pikachu or Pidgeot. I won't start an all-shiny playthrough though until Meloetta has been released. I've achieved all of my short term goals... so I might go back to collecting steel-type shinies. I should probably put a little more effort into SRing too. -_-

Will post pictures once I've chosen an appropriate hatch location. Possibly in the middle of a road, considering where Snorlaxes appeared in previous games.

edit: Decided to just hatch it in Join Avenue, since I had to hatch a zillion eggs there. It's Brave, with Gluttony (whew) and Max Def.

Dh90Wcm.jpg

QyvRnBD.jpg

Last edited:

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I have a question. If I have a Japanese Liepard, and an American Eevee.
Can it still produce a shiny eevee? Eventhough they are not the same species?
I'm trying to get a shiny eevee so that I can later evolve it into Ninfia with its DW ability.
And I know ditto decreases the liklihood of passing DW abilities. So I was just wondering if
MM still works if both pokemon arnet the same species (still part of the same egg group) but still foreign?

elorasheppard

I have a question. If I have a Japanese Liepard, and an American Eevee.
Can it still produce a shiny eevee? Eventhough they are not the same species?
I'm trying to get a shiny eevee so that I can later evolve it into Ninfia with its DW ability.
And I know ditto decreases the liklihood of passing DW abilities. So I was just wondering if
MM still works if both pokemon arnet the same species (still part of the same egg group) but still foreign?

As long as they are both in the same egg group and your american eevee is the female, it will work as an MM.

In hunt news, I managed 100 eggs last night bringing my total to 2100 for squirtle. But my friend at work, who is a casual player, ran into a shiny female tranquil on route 6 last night which he has kindly said I can have. So I cant be too miffed about squirtle. Still, it would be nice if it could shine by the end of the week tho. Good luck to everybody!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I'm finished with competitive stuff so back to Shiny Hunting! I got to 1,264 RE's for Eevee today-My White 2 BQ is my main focus. I'm also hunting Growlithe via MM on my Black 2 with the shiny charm again-at 720 eggs and SRing Totodile in HG(estimated 125 SR's only started counting a moment ago) as well. Congrats on Solosis Helio! It seems like the shiny charm loves to give long hunts. Good luck guys =).
~RaichuArcanine~

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
300 SR's for Kabuto (1500 seen). I feel this hunt is off to a pretty decent start and hopefully will be a bit quicker than the last couple of hunts I've had with the shiny charm.

Congrats and GLE.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Decided to focus more on my Caterpie hunt. At about 150 eggs.

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
grats on the geodude,piloswine,etc

no luck on my axew hunt yet. as most of you guys know im usiing repels in the cave, and was wondering if i should use a lvl 30 or 31 lead(using lvl 31 atm)[31 you only see axew and boldore, and 30 itd add woobat and lvl 30 versions of the previous 2]?

Aleh

«Last Hope»
grats on the geodude,piloswine,etc

no luck on my axew hunt yet. as most of you guys know im usiing repels in the cave, and was wondering if i should use a lvl 30 or 31 lead(using lvl 31 atm)[31 you only see axew and boldore, and 30 itd add woobat and lvl 30 versions of the previous 2]?

You should stick with a lv 31 lead, imho.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Awesome work lately, everyone! Tons of new shinies!

Congrats on the Shinx, Geodude, Piloswine, Clefairy, and Munchlax!

As for me, I've been unmotivated lately and as a result, have no shinies for the month of February yet. I'm at 600 eggs hatched for a shiny Litwick and 100 more in a box right now, but it's just about making time to do it.

Hopefully he/she will shine soon, but if not, congrats to all on your recent shinies!

Good evening all.
Congrats on all of the recent shinies, there were a few *congrats*.
Im still going strong, im at 420 eggs for charmander, and counting as i have an hour or two free tonight. Gl to all and hopefully the shiny of your choice will shine soon. GL!!!!

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Congrats to all the new shinies. I hatch over 400 eggs and still no luck. I really wish I had that shiny charm now. lol

Everlong

New here but been playing Pokemon forever and found a couple of shinies over the years. This thread motivated me to start hunting them and I am currently sr'ing for a shiny starter in HG. Only at 450 right now though.

I was wondering what you guys use to keep track of your SRs? I've just been using a wordpad file with tally markers but I'm not sure how time efficient that is.