1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ArcanineRaichu77

ArcanineRaichu77 Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~

First of all, sorry for the late post! I actually found this a month ago but have been busy since then.

Anyways, IT'S HERE! (spoiler because the image is huge, second link is the album with more pics :D ).

Shiny Oddish! Funnily enough was gonna finish for the night but wanted to do a few more encounters before the show I was watching finished, and green! It was one of those times where I didn't register at first. My thought process was like, "huh it's green..shiny!!"

I tried for this for three months back in 2018 after I got my first BQ shiny on this game, Squirtle and got two shiny Weedles and a Pidgey instead. After Eevee shone I moved east of Fuschia and ended up with a 7th Pidgey after only 2k res. So I decided to grab my level 14 Gastly and some repels and head above Cerulean again. With a level 14 and repels you get 100% Oddish (or Bellsprout if you are playing LG). This fella took exactly 15,000 res, making it my sixth longest RE shiny. I have evolved him to Vileplume and he is now named Hemlock :).

Right now on FR I'm after a shiny I've wanted for years..Lapras! Currently on 12,300ish srs for it. Afterwards I'm gonna hunt again on Leafgreen I reckon...I want my shiny Sandshrew!

Good question! I'm always up for this type of discussion :) Personally my favourite method is MM. I find egg hatching relaxing and soothing. I also like RE and SR, although I used to hate it. 4th gen chaining started my hunting so it's special to me. Not a fan of SOS or chain fishing and I've never tried dexnav. Speaking of colour, am I the only one here who loves the Sandile line shiny? It seems to be one that people either love or hate.

I see there's been some discussion of finishing shiny trios so I wanted to weigh in. Starter wise, since I started hunting in 2011, I have the Kanto, Johto and Unova starters shiny. For Hoenn I'm missing Torchic, and in Sinnoh I'm missing Turtwig. Although I do have a second platinum fresh and ready to reset when I get around to BQing it, the turtle being my first target. Sadly I was only able to find good photos of my Kanto shiny starter trio, see below :)

Lastly I miss the community hunts. I'd love to see that or something like the shiny circuits of the old club come back. And I hope I get Lapras before 15k! Congrats and good luck all, I hope someone got something out of this long post :p

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Shiny mimikyu after 849 eggs. Was hatching for pyukumuku but the shiny hatched non-HA, so I put in the mimikyu instead.

Everstoned Adamant but the ATK IV is a big fat zero, good thing I don't battle competitively. Capable of taking hits and has Disguise. Eh...

Back to pyukumuku

3. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

So someone said that Egg shininess is no longer determined when you get the Egg, but rather when it hatches.

Just wanted to double check here before I start resetting my game to hatch for Sobble, do any of you know if this is true?

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria ☆~Shiny hunter▢~ and Animal Crossing

Just caught a random full odds shiny Nidorino in Let's GO Eevee!
    [​IMG]

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I managed to find a Shiny Haganeil (Steelix) in SoulSilver version last night. I wasn't aiming for that Shiny Pokemon specifically, I was just trying my hand at random encounter Shinies since I hadn't found any Shinies in that game in years. I might try to hatch a Shiny in that game next since I haven't delved into Masuda Method Shiny hunts in quite a while. On a related note, someone was kind enough to give me a free Shiny Solgaleo from the recent event distribution this morning, which made my day.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    SerenaRulez likes this.
  6. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

I found a shiny magnemite after leaving work the other day in Pokemon Go, that was great. ^_^ Still no new shinies from Pokemon Go, but now I'm up to four in two months. I already evolved it to magneton.

7. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

8. Drakonekoshi

Drakonekoshi Well-Known Member

...Is anyone else having absolutely abysmal luck in SwSh? I battled 999+ Chewtles and encountered lord knows how many ( probably around 2000-3000 ) and hatched 1,111 eggs using MM and I STILL don't have a shiny and it's driving me crazy! can I get some luck here? I'm at my wits end ;;.

EDIT: I GOT IT AFTER 1,145 EGGS, FINALLY

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    SerenaRulez likes this.
  9. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

@Drakonekoshi I FEEL THAT.

Been hunting for Sobble all this past week with no luck. It's really starting to get me irritated, I just want to do raids but I don't want to give up!!

10. TheMaster327

11. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

So... I've been slowly but surely making progress in both Sword and Shield. In Sword, I finally set foot in Route 3, where I hoped to find myself a Sizzlipede... but dang that 1% encounter rate! Naturally, it's taking me ages.

Even so, I never thought I'd run into a shiny Klink before I encountered one. :D I NEVER bump into shiny Pokemon. N-E-V-E-R. I caught and nicknamed the little thing "Cog".

If I bump into a second shiny before I find Sizzlipede...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  12. PokeAmi

PokeAmi Well-Known Member

Tried continue my hunt for the shiny Latios in Alpha Sapphire and its driving me complete nuts. Well over 5000 encounters WITH the shiny charm and it refuse to show the sparkles :(

Atleast I got a Shiny Alolan Diglett in a egg in GO today, But man I really want that Latios T.T

13. TheMaster327

Apparently Flash Fire works like Static/Magnet Pull in gen 8 but attracts Fire types 50% of the time, no matter of the original percentage. Grats on the Klink!

14. Drakonekoshi

Drakonekoshi Well-Known Member

Aw man, I wish you luck! it'll show up eventually, hopefully sooner than later!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKFfyhKVUAA9gch?format=jpg&name=large
    BTW here's a pic of my newly evolved Drednaw! I won't be hunting anymore shinies until I get the shiny charm, for now I just wanna enjoy the game slowly haha

15. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Lucky enough I managed to nab it VERY early this morning!!

I was more relieved than I was shocked or surprised, but I'm so glad this hunt is over! Haha

Drakonekoshi likes this.
  16. AzulTheCerulean20

AzulTheCerulean20 Borne by Valkyries

Gonna start hunting once I get my shiny charm in Sword (can't complete dex till Tuesday) so for now I'm just gonna battle specific targets to raise their numbers in dex.

17. TheMaster327

So for BQ #5 I went for another Galarian form... https://twitter.com/TheMaster327/status/1198675087630585856

However, this was a Brilliant Pokémon and what do Brilliant Pokémon have? Egg Moves. What is this mon's only Egg Move? Memento. So it died immediately on breaking out.

So I continued. And 126 encounters after disaster… https://twitter.com/TheMaster327/status/1198704153779822592

This one wasn't Brilliant, so no Memento, and the Premier Ball held it first time this time. It's Hardy nature, and Thoroughly Cunning. Apt.

18. AzulTheCerulean20

That would suck, reminds me of trying to get gigalith for full dex, every time I encountered one I would get it really low and then it would explode.

19. afronaut81

afronaut81 Member

Completely crazy - really early into Sword a shiny Rookidee appeared. It was only about my 5th encounter of any Pokemon. My 1st reaction was 'have shinies become common in this gen'.

Needless to say I've not come across any more shinies 24 hours in (currently hoarding Milcerys to evolve)

SerenaRulez likes this.
  20. AzulTheCerulean20

Currently breeding for a shiny vullaby to evolve into mandibuzz, 100 eggs in so far, had to wait for a friend to get into town so I could get a vullaby that was caught in a pokeball.

SerenaRulez likes this.