1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Got my first shiny Galarian Slowpoke after 401 eggs. Now gonna try for a 2nd one cause split evolutionary lines.

Love its golden color
    [​IMG]

955561976 likes this.
  2. SpookyMimikyu

SpookyMimikyu See me?

I took another break from Wooloo to hunt Dreepy. On the third day, today, I managed to hatch this little man.

[​IMG]

I went on ahead and named him Uberman, since that was the original name of Superman ("It's a plane!"). I went on ahead to evolve him all the way to Dragapult, which took way less XP Candies than I thought it would. I'm going back to Wooloo, but I'm switching methods since doing wild encounters even at 500+ isn't working out.

Leonhart likes this.
  3. StrongBad456

StrongBad456 Beginning Trainer

My luck on crystal is crazy right now. Got a shiny Sunkern in the National Park while hunting and training. I just knew it’d be Sunkern instead of the Nidoran I was hoping for. Also hunting for Shiny Mewtwo in Gen 1, which is possible if it has the right stats when caught and traded to Gen 2 or Gen 7.

Leonhart and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. Baggie_Saiyan

Baggie_Saiyan Well-Known Member

Joined a Random G Max Zard raid was Shiny used that Mball that I would have used on Grimmsnarl so that worked out in the end.

Cramorant finally hatched close to probably 1000 eggs and then Slowpoke hatched in close to 70 eggs lol. Shiny hunting in a nuthsell that!

Joined a random G Max Sandaconda raid was shiny but no Mball and the ball shook once only. Kinda knew I wasn't gonna get it but oh well.

Now after shiny Barraskewda!

Leonhart likes this.
  5. 2nd shiny Galarian Slowpoke hatched after only 189 eggs~
    Apparently, none of the glitches were fixed in the recent update. So I'll continue my Combee hunt that I left after 1100 eggs. If not for that glitch I wouldn't even attempt it before they fix the chaining method with its failed ratios (works only 3% of the times to even increase your odds). Cause I wouldn't want to hatch 1000+ eggs for a male one that wouldn't be able to evolve.

6. 955561976

955561976 Well-Known Member

I've just acquired another shiny! Been trying to complete my Emerald Pokédex for a while now and as I was surfing route 131 fighting random wild battles I came across a shiny Pelipper which I caught first time with a Repeat ball.

7. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

It's been a long time since I posted here.
    Anyway I'm still alive n shiny hunting.
    I got 8 shinies so far in my Shield game.
    MM: Sinistea, Corsola & Koffing
    RE: Rookidie, Vespiqueen (random), Rolycoly & Zigzagoon.

This is my last one:

I have 2 over the odd MM hunts I'm gonna wrap up next.

Congrats on new shinies.

8. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Hatched a shiny female Combee yesterday after 1298 eggs including the ones before my Galarian Slowpoke hunts. Didn't expect it to be female.

Then started a Salandit hunt, which hatched shiny only after 183 eggs. This one was male though, so I used the evolution glitch to make it evolve into a Salandit since I really doubted luck would be as much as my side as it was with Combee's case again.

Now started with an Eiscue hunt. I kinda like this guy, I do have a thing for derpy looking pokémon.
    EDIT: And a shiny already hatched after only 34 eggs. Which is probably one of my fastest MM hunts.

Galarian Farfetch'd is next~
    Hatched after only 189 eggs

Went on a Toxel hunt afterwards which only took 132 eggs. Having some pretty crazy shiny luck with the MM the past few days.

Next target's Impidimp~

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  10. Draknir

Draknir Fear the Deer

I was able to get my Galarian Farfetch'd at 145 eggs. I noticed it straight away despite its very miniscule changes. I started going for Koffing via encounters but I got bored of that and am going to start hatching eggs.

I was able to get into a 5IV HA Shiny G-Max Centiskorch raid, which I used a Master Ball on. I had two extras from trades, so when better to use it. Also got into a Shiny Darumaka raid.

EDIT: I was just able to get in on a Shiny G-Max Charizard raid. 5IV HA as well.

EDIT2: I got in on a Shiny G-Max Alcremie as well. 5Iv too but not HA.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 4:27 AM
    Leonhart likes this.
  11. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Leonhart likes this.
  12. Impidimp shone after 312 eggs~
    Currently trying for Hatenna, at 680 eggs so far but no shiny yet.

13. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Now that things have slowed down in Borderlands 3 (at least for those of us without the new dlc) and Ark, I have picked up my pyukumuku hunt again. Though an upcoming festival in Monster Hunter World is probably going to derail me again... I'm at 1,830 eggs for the sea cucumber and it has clearly decided to be stubborn.

I also have four boxes of scatterbug eggs in Sun to whiff at TheMaster327's head at some point still

14. Cutty

Cutty Forever now