• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Congrats on all of the new shinies! Still no luck with my shiny Sobble hunt in Shield. Well over 600 or so eggs and it's being stubborn.

TheMaster327

Got quite some shinies the past week.
First got a shiny Popplio after 281 eggs, then a shiny Mareanie after 293 and finally a shiny Wimpod after 378 eggs

Currently going for a shiny Jangmo-o, hatched over 760 of them so far, no shiny yet so this one might take a while.
Pics:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, after two frustrating weeks with no shinies, I managed to get THREE in Pokemon Go this week. First I got a shiny meditite as the result of a goal (and just about had heart palpitations after seeing one after two weeks), which I promptly evolved into Medicham. Next, I got my first-ever shiny exeggcute, which I also evolved into a standard (Kanto) exeggcutor. Finally, I got a shiny lotad, which is also my first three-star shiny so far in the game. I evolved him into Lombre, and I'm working on collecting candies right now to evolve him into Ludicolo. Now I've got my fingers crossed that I'll get shiny roselia before the event ends. (I already have one in the main games, but it is one of my all-time favorite shinies)

Got quite a lot of shiny luck the past 9 days. Jangmo-o hatched shiny not long after my last post at 920 eggs, got Mimikyu, Fomantis and Morelull each after a little over 300. Mudbray took a terrible 1663 eggs. But then Dhelmise hatched shiny after only 120 to make up for it.

Currently hunting Drampa. Going all out for the Alola mons atm

Pics

jssr903

Hi All,

Wow, it's almost been a whole year since my last post here! In that time, I gave up a few hunts, started new ones, caught some shinies in Ultra Sun (SOS is my fave), and caught a bunch of raid shinies in Sword.

More recently, I completed my Sword dex and got the shiny charm - and promptly hatched a shiny g-ponyta I'd been trying to get for a year using mm! Same day I also caught a shiny g-zigzagoon after defeating around 740. It was a good day!

I got my hands on a copy of Heart Gold, so I've taken to SR for the starter - I want to try a shiny badge quest, but I think I'll probably need some encouragement along the way; I've never had a successful SR hunt - I've always given up. Hopefully this will be the one!

Congrats to everyone who found shinies in the year between my posts - fortunately too many to mention! And good luck to everyone out there hunting!

TheMaster327

Finally. After a massive 2,423 Murder Method encounters, he's here! https://twitter.com/Medichampion328/status/1304431524402442241?s=19

Serious nature, also with a Mark! https://twitter.com/Medichampion328/status/1304432845713072129?s=19

Holding off on EVing him just in case G-Slowking turns out physical, but at least I'm all set!

EDIT: Luck has returned! After only 125 resets, I get this! https://twitter.com/Medichampion328/status/1304496063353503744
Also marked! https://twitter.com/Medichampion328/status/1304497494785581056
Adamant as well! Just about perfect!

Last edited:

jssr903

...And I just SR over a shiny Cyndaquil... it had to happen at some point. Can't believe I did that. I am very mad at myself. There was a decent amount of cursing. Hopefully the next one shows soon!

To lighten up the mood of this post, I will include pictures of the recent shinies I've obtained.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
6th shiny Eevee in 694 Eggs! Took a lot longer than the others but that's still another shiny to add to the batch of shiny Eevees!

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Hi there, I need a moment of your time to complain about shiny pokemon.
See, I've been shiny breeding off and on over the past few months for Shiny HA Venipede in a Heavy Ball. It's a bit of a successor to an older shiny breeding project from US/UM, this time with Venipede in an Apricorn ball. Back then I managed 2 shinies, neither with HA. Over the past month? I hatched 5 Venipede shiny... with no HA. And let me tell you, some of those took for-freaking-ever to get. I'm talking at least a week with constant hatching and no sparkles to show for it. And yes I have every possible shiny multiplier active.
After the 5th I decided to take a break from the breeding to handle some other mons I've been wanting to breed and play around in the Isle of Armor (which I haven't done much of). That included HA Scorbunny and HA Sobble. My policy with breeding starters is always to try and get a 5IV female of the starter to make certain breeding jobs easier later down the line, such as in a new generation.
Within two eggs of hatching the 5IV female Scorbunny, another female Scorbunny hatched shiny. With HA.
Afterwards I began work on Sobble. Before I could even get the female, shiny HA Sobble. And yes, this was within the same hour and a half of each other.
Two shinies. Within 2 hours. When before I went a week without any shinies.
I want it on the record that each time, I went "No. No. NO. WHY. WHYYYYYY."
...this has been me complaining about being lucky enough to hatch 2 HA starter shinies when I could hatch 5 shiny Venipede and have none of them be HA. Help me I have the Route 5 theme stuck in my head.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It comes down to RNG and luck. Nothing you can do there but keep on trying. I've hatched some shinies fast and some slow. I'm well over 600 eggs into a shiny Sobble hunt. Took me 1 egg for a shiny Squirtle and around 400 or so for a shiny Charmander.

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Decided to hop back into the game after not playing for awhile. Decided to start an Egg Move collection, figured I'd probably come across a shiny or 2 while I was at it. Starting off on route 1 on Sword, currently have the following...

Nickit - 0/4
Rookidee - 3/7
Skwovet - 2/4
Wooloo - 0/3

Hopefully I get something to shine soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Found two shiny Porygons during Pokemon Go Community day. Still no luck with my shiny Sobble hunt in Shield version though.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a pretty productive week on Pokemon Go. First I got six shiny Porygon (including the second one I tapped on), my first-ever ones, and evolved one into Porygon-Z. Then I got not one but TWO shiny barboach, the first I've ever had, and evolved one into whiscash. Also, I got a shiny tailow. So it was a pretty exciting week for me. ^_^

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Yesterday I caught a Shiny Onix in my french version of HeartGold in the Safari Zone while posing blocks and other things you can put to make more Pokemon appear. I didn't noticed it was shiny until I saw it in my box. Female, Quiet nature... should I make it evolve? Transfer it to Gen 8?

Carrick2097

Pleasantly surprised to encounter a shiny Gossifleur whilst EV training on route 3 in Shield, best believe I immediately caught it! Currently beginning my first ever shiny egg hunt for Zorua...wish me luck!