• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Golden_Arcanine

jssr903

I reclaimed my shiny Cyndaquil yesterday! This is my first SR shiny and I'm super excited and proud that I was able to stick with it. I nicknamed him Fuego and started my BQ. I beat Faulkner, and now I'm trying to SR for the Togepi egg, but I may give up as the hatching takes about 7-10 mins. Will see!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've had a busy week in Pokemon Go this week, with six shinies, including a few I haven't had before. :) This was the first time I've had Bulbasaur and Kanto Grimer, while I also got Skitty, Lillipup, and Koffing. Also, I finally got my first Kanto Rattata in the game after catching something like 800 to fulfill the small rattata medal.

Very

Hi first post here. For no good reason I became curious about in-game shinies a few months ago (quarantine craze?) and want to try a successful chain.

Spent about five hours last night on Platinum, Beldum swarm. Took around 70 Super Repels before any shinies appeared. I caught one out of five (synchronized Adamant, Quick Ball) and eventually couldn't focus anymore because it was getting late. And then I discovered that my magnet Pokemon actually has Sturdy. Two for two now with recent Beldum attempts, one shiny each. I remember getting close when DP was the most recent release and my game was popped out when someone picked up my DS so it bothered me for a while that my only shiny was the free ORAS giveaway.

Will maybe try some Sapphire Petalburg Woods RE for Shroomish tonight and hunt for the hat Croagunk tomorrow in Go.

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Was running around Galar Mine no. 2 for shiny shellos to put on my team and I got one on my fourth RE, was unfortunately male though so it went straight into my shiny box.

Took quite a long break from shiny hunting, but I continued my Pyukumuku hunt today. SHiny hatched after 315 eggs~
Now trying for Passimian.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The shiny thread includes GO, right? Because while I haven't ever gotten a raid shiny, I have a fair few amount of random GO shinies. Just today not only was I invited and obtained the last of the legendary birds, but got me a shiny Roselia. I don't think I'll transfer this one over to HOME when possible because it's also got a really good CP, and once I get some more Sinnoh Stones I could use another strong Grass type

jssr903

So, for my HG Badge Quest, I gave up on Mr. Pokemon's Togepi, but will breed for a shiny Togepi when I get to the day care. Instead I am hunting Mareep with static on Route 32. I have seen 1700 Mareep so far and spent over 25 hours on this hunt - I even got pokerus. Hopefully soon?

I also bought a White 2 cartridge from GameStop and decided to start a Shiny BQ on that as well. 2.25 hours later and 106 soft resets and I have a shiny Oshawott, now Dewott! Luckily this one has much better IVs than the Cyndaquil, now Quilava. Pics below.

I am now searching for a shiny Audino to continue in White 2, but I'd be happy with anything in Virbank Complex really. So we'll see.

Congrats to everyone who's found shinies since I last posted!

Monox D. I-Fly

The shiny thread includes GO, right? Because while I haven't ever gotten a raid shiny, I have a fair few amount of random GO shinies. Just today not only was I invited and obtained the last of the legendary birds, but got me a shiny Roselia. I don't think I'll transfer this one over to HOME when possible because it's also got a really good CP, and once I get some more Sinnoh Stones I could use another strong Grass type
I haven't installed Pokemon Home yet, so I didn't know if any Pokemon transferred from Go to Home is moved instead of just got its data copied.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've been having a good run in Pokemon Go lately. ^_^ This week I managed to get two Kricketot, a shiny Roselia, and a shiny Ralts, all of which I haven't had in the game already (obviously with Kricketune, of course), and evolved all but one Kricketot. Now I hope to get a male Ralts down the line so I can get a shiny gallade too. I hope to get shiny Buneary one of these days in the game, too. I may have two in the regular games, but it's been one of my favorites for forever.

Congrats with all the shinies everyone ^^

Been hatching tons of eggs the past 6 days and got some pretty nice results.
Shiny Passimian hatched after 304 eggs, then went for Oranguru which took 641. Comfey took 237 eggs and Turtonator 187.

Only Togedemaru is left in terms of Alola shinies that are able to be hunted in gen 8. After Togedemaru I think I'm gonna start with gen 3.

Pics (including the Pyukumuku from my earlier hunt)

Very

Platinum has had Beldum swarm for something like seven of the past eight days. It's a sign that I need more. Still waiting for a Larvitar swarm. Putting some time into Sapphire and SS for RE and Safari shinies but nothing yet though I'm not expecting that to happen soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Taking a bit of a break from my shiny Sobble hunt and getting back to hunting for a shiny Sandygast. Well worth trying for it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Shiny Eevee in 1166 Eggs! The longest out of all of the hunts but this one is done thankfully that one is done!